getting tired of this

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

justanUltramarine
Apprentice

getting tired of this

#1 Post by justanUltramarine »

Just , sometimes for no reason , instead of connecting me to the forums as it usually does , i end up at the "login" screnn and have to retype password and everything back in , it just annoys me , i keep selecting the "remember me "case but it keeps doing it . Is this just me or am i doing something wrong .

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: getting tired of this

#2 Post by Vintage »

If you keep clearing your cookies, that'll happen.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#3 Post by Myperson54 »

When the servers go down for any reason, whether it be a crash or maintenance, you're forced to login again. Aj probably knows why.

Regardless, the new update has made everything more stable from what I understand, so it should be nothing more than a minor inconvenience from time to time.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

prototype99
Master

#4 Post by prototype99 »

it doesn't happen to me and i use ds and a windows phone running beta software, they are both sometimes unstable when browsing, but i don't get your problem. i'm going with thewmm's idea that you might be deleting your cookies
stop! look at these cute emotes! :flora: :kathrin: :natani: :nora: okay you may continue!

justanUltramarine
Apprentice

#5 Post by justanUltramarine »

i never even delete my browsing history XD , meh , for the moment it's working .

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#6 Post by Bellhead »

justanUltramarine wrote:i never even delete my browsing history XD
Don't have to. It's probably a browser setting that deletes cookies older than a certain age. FF has that.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

prototype99
Master

#7 Post by prototype99 »

The cookies should renew if you go on frequently though
stop! look at these cute emotes! :flora: :kathrin: :natani: :nora: okay you may continue!

justanUltramarine
Apprentice

#8 Post by justanUltramarine »

ahhh , i'm on FF , this might be why .. thanks :p

prototype99
Master

#9 Post by prototype99 »

Yeah i'm on opera :P but i used to be on FF and had no cookie problems, so that is unlikely, also they might use the horribly badly made google chrome....

cj3003
Apprentice

#10 Post by cj3003 »

prototype99 wrote:Yeah i'm on opera :P but i used to be on FF and had no cookie problems, so that is unlikely, also they might use the horribly badly made google chrome....
Chrome isn't bad, it's just... slower and takes up more memory. I love FF definitely (I'm only using Chrome because of school), but Chrome has a lot more customization options and is more aesthetically pleasing than most browsers. Well, that's a generalization, but hey. Opinions are opinions. Like I said though, I would still be using FF if Chrome wasn't on my school computers, but since it is, you simply log on and all of your bookmarks, themes, add-ons, etc are on that computer. It's really good for things like school and workplaces.
I am the silliest noodle.

prototype99
Master

#11 Post by prototype99 »

you say that... but on my old laptop internet explorer was faster, on my new one it won't even run (and my new one can run skyrim high with hd texture pack) hence why i've never really liked it