Anyone good with phones?

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

Anyone good with phones?

#1 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

So I recently got a 16GB memory card for my LG Xpression 2 phone so I can put my music on it, and I'm getting some problems.

The first album I put on, nothing's wrong. When I try to put the next one on, and then try to play it, I get "MusicPlayer.pxo not found" not just for songs from that one album, but from any song. I also get things like "FileMenager.pxo not found". I have to delete the songs from the card, remove the card, and than restart the phone in order for things to work again. And these are the same file types (mp3 320), gotten from the same place at the same time, it's just that these won't work. When I try to put the songs in individually, as opposed to all at once, they seem to play fine, but there's no album art. I'm super OCD about there being album art. And to top it all off, of the 22 albums I tried to put on, only 6 will play when I put them on all at once, but 5 of them don't have the album arts.

Sorry if this is hard to understand, I've been at this for hours and I'm really frustrated right now.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Anyone good with phones?

#2 Post by Bellhead »

I have only one idea. When's the last time you updated this phone?

I'm still working with a Galaxy s3, but I find that (for some random reason) files work better when I download them, and move them to where I want them. Have you tried Derpboxing Dropboxing or emailing them to yourself? I don't use the Cloud, and never will, but I suppose that's a way to do it as well. I'd probably try to play the same files from the internet, and see what happens then.

It may very well be something to do with the file transfer from the computer to the card, like when you used to write CD's and always got two seconds of nothingness between tracks.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#3 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

Bellhead wrote:I have only one idea. When's the last time you updated this phone?
I only got it a few weeks ago, so I'd imagine that it's already fully updated.

I've also found that when I use iTunes to make an mp3 copy of the albums that won't work, those copies will play on the phone just fine, but still no artwork. I feel like it'd be fine if I can make an mp3 copy of a file and have it keep the artwork.

I'm going to try syncing the files with Windows Media Player and see if I get better results.

EDIT: This seems to be yielding much better results. Only problem is that the phone will restart on occasion when switching songs either after the player has been open for around 15 seconds or after I skip three songs in a row EVERY TIME I skip a song. And the fact that the music player takes forever to open. Like, an OBSCENE amount of time. Over 3 minutes.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Self-Proclaimed

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#4 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

Well, the problem of the phone restarting whenever I skip a song seems to be caused by the fact that some of the files are windows media files instead of mp3 files.
Self-Proclaimed

puredeathly
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#5 Post by puredeathly »

I had a similar phone a few years back (one of the first Samsung touch phones)....
It was a nightmare to use and I switched back to my Sony Ericsson K750i almost instantly (and now I have a Nexus5 which I absolutely love) :P

Have you tried formatting the microSD card using the phone (if you formatted it with your computer or used it preformatted)?
I could imagine that this phone has some problems with ntfs (and most usb drives and microSD cards with more than 4GB size I have came preformatted with ntfs as fat32 has some limitations and windows can't handle ext4 :mrgreen: )...

For converting the audio I would recommend SUPER (I think it was by erightsoft or something like this) or ffmpeg (no gui but this program can handle almost all audio & video codecs you could imagine :grin: ).

I hope I could help at least a bit :)
-Jakob

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#6 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

Well, I got everything fixed now, so it's all good! I had to suffer through 4 hours of redownloading over 400 songs, but it was worth it.
Self-Proclaimed

puredeathly
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#7 Post by puredeathly »

Now you made me curious what the problem was... :mrgreen:

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#8 Post by Myperson54 »

If I had to guess, the phone's default music player didn't have the codecs to play more than a few generic file types and panicked when it got something it couldn't read. That's just a guess though.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#9 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

For those of you curious, the problem was the phone restarted every time I skipped a song and the song it tried to play next was a wmp file. And the player opens in a timely manner after the long startup time the first time you open it after new songs are put on or the phone restarts.
Self-Proclaimed