Forum user scripts

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

amenon
Grand Templar

Forum user scripts

#1 Post by amenon »

Note: This was for the old forum version, so useless now. But if anyone has an interest, I could clean up the one I'm using nowadays.

I find the forums a bit visually distracting, mostly because of the variable width avatars messing with the tables, so I spent some time tinkering when I became more active here. Well, I just had a few spare moments, so I decided to see if I could make it into something that's maybe useful for others, as well.

This is a Greasemonkey userscript (so for Firefox with the extension of the same name and... I think Chrome via Greasemetal?) that's specifically for here and specifically for the subsilver2 (default) or subsilverplus themes. It probably works the same for other phpBB forums using those themes, though. The main feature is that it lets you decide how big avatars should be, but there's some other stuff as well that you can get by uncommenting the indicated GM_addStyle lines.

Code: Select all

// ==UserScript==
// @name        phpBB stripper
// @namespace   amenon
// @version     1
// @grant       GM_addStyle
// ==/UserScript==

// Set the desired maximum avatar width, in pixels:
// 250 is the biggest allowed anyway, 138 matches what an avatarless user would have by default
var amestrip_avatar_maxwidth = 250;

// A padding offset. 12 is correct for subsilver2 and subsilverplus, at least on the Twokinds forums
var amestrip_avatar_buffer = 12;

// Forces a min width on the tables.
GM_addStyle(' #pagecontent .tablebg tbody tr .profile table { width: ' + (amestrip_avatar_maxwidth + amestrip_avatar_buffer) + 'px; } ');

// Forces a max width on avatars to stop the tables from breaking. Scales images down.
GM_addStyle(' #pagecontent .tablebg tbody tr .profile table tbody tr td img { max-width: ' + amestrip_avatar_maxwidth + 'px; height: auto; } ');

// Centers the profile stuff
// GM_addStyle(' #pagecontent .tablebg .profile { text-align: center; }');

// Hides online/offline indicator
// GM_addStyle(' #pagecontent .tablebg .profile table tbody tr:first-child { display: none; }');

// Hides join date / post count / I think location is shown there too
// GM_addStyle(' #pagecontent .tablebg .profile span.postdetails { visibility: hidden; }');

// Undoes text color and font size shenanigans in posts
// GM_addStyle(' #pagecontent .tablebg .postbody span { color: inherit !important; font-size: inherit !important; }');

// This would forcibly hide signatures (can just toggle them in preferences, but could be useful somewhere where you don't have an account)
// GM_addStyle('.postbody + .postbody { display: none; }');
How things normally look:

How things look with the script as configured above (size for biggest avatar possible here):

How things look for me: (width 138, everything active)

Anybody else have any user scripts or user styles?
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]: