why does chatroom have "slap" feature

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

Tattletale_one

why does chatroom have "slap" feature

#1 Post by Tattletale_one »

I mean, if it's against the rules, shouldn't the rules at least say so

Samantaz
Master

Re: why does chatroom have "slap" feature

#2 Post by Samantaz »

what is this "slap' feature ?
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#3 Post by avwolf »

The forum and the IRC are very different communities, so there's no guarantee you'll get an answer here, Tattletale_one.

But the "slap" command is probably just part of the baseline IRC server, if I had to make a wild guess. A command that displays "so-and-so slaps the-other-person with a big smelly trout" (or similar messages) have been a part of chat servers pretty much since the beginning. As for why it's not listed in the written rules but is against unwritten rules...*shrug* That's something that only the ops of the IRC can say (and maybe one will come in here and answer, some of them are members here). It could just be a cultural thing. Certain actions and activities aren't well documented on the forums here either, but will earn you warnings and worse. If there's a "treat people with courtesy" rule on the IRC (I honestly don't know; I've never been there), then I'd guess they'd just say that /slap is covered by that -- slapping someone would be discourteous.

As always, I'd recommend that a new member of any community spend some time just observing the community and understanding how its rules and culture work. That's as true on the IRC as it is here.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#4 Post by Hayate »

I would just like to add, as I do hangout on the IRC chat, that I do not recommend using the slap feature in the Twokinds chat. I myself never figured out how to use it, but when I see someone do it they are usually kicked from the room within seconds. It's annoying and often used by bots from what I know.
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--