ib.adnxs.com popups?

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

JohnTheWysard
Apprentice

ib.adnxs.com popups?

#1 Post by JohnTheWysard »

I'm getting multiple popups to this notorious virus adware site being blocked by ESET antivirus. I'm guessing that one or more of the ads on the page is responsible.

I'm glad ESET is doing its job, but surely this shouldn't be happening!

aj
Consistently Inconsistent

Re: ib.adnxs.com popups?

#2 Post by aj »

JohnTheWysard wrote:I'm getting multiple popups to this notorious virus adware site being blocked by ESET antivirus. I'm guessing that one or more of the ads on the page is responsible.

I'm glad ESET is doing its job, but surely this shouldn't be happening!
On the main page/comic archive, or the forums?
avwolf wrote:"No dating dog-girls, young man, your father is terribly allergic!"
y̸̶o͏͏ų̕ sh̡o̸̵u̶̕l̴d̵̡n̵͠'̵́͠t͜͢ ̀͜͝h̶̡àv̸e͡ ̛d̷̨͡o͏̀ne ̶͠͡t҉́h̕a̧͞t̨҉́.̵̧͞.͠͞.͟

Kaz
Master

#3 Post by Kaz »

Grats on having a nice AV.

If you really want to block it, I recommend doing two things:

1. Install Malwarebytes AntiMalware and do a FULL scan. It catches PUPs and adwares very well. You don't need the pro version, the free one should do it. [Link]

2. Install something like AdBlockPlus and enable the anti-malware mode.

Just a note, keep MBAM installed after you're done. It's shockingly good at catching things. It's not a replacement for antivirus, though. Keep both installed.

Theriisingsun
Merchant

#4 Post by Theriisingsun »

I am not sure about this at the moment, but i have run various malware/spyware checks and deleted any unknown programs/files from my pc and had someone to check to make sure everything looked legit, but my point:

i think the main site may be infected with a virus, this one says that flash is out of date (which is not possible as it's built into the browser and flash does not take over the page and say you need to download bogus software which is infected and basically a trojan)

i have checked many sites and it only seems to be affecting this one making me believe that this is actually site related, i'd thought i'd put this out here as to get your attention to make sure that the site is fine, it's a shame because quite often i can't look at the main page without it redirecting to a fake adobe flash download
i put this in the web bugs thread but it also seems to fit well here, adblock seems to have stopped it so far but it seemed to be rather unpredictable before, sometimes it would show up while other times the site was fine so it is most likely that one or more of the adverts are to blame (probably infected or something)