Let's Build

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

Let's Build

#1 Post by Gotheran »

A House Gaming rig!

[insert standard longwinded speech]

...and so I've decided to build a PC expressly for gaming and recording. But, I have [censored] all of a clue where to start. I just wanna play anything from old DoS games to probably not much more modern than Idunno maybe [censored] Creed 4 and everything pre Xbone and Piss 4. I can handle my own when it comes to the old DoS ware, but I haven't the foggiest what I need to run half the games out there, let alone run a recording program alongside them. My biggest 'handicap' in this venture is not doing any sort of online purchases, or anything that would require a cellphone or some [censored]. So, yep. That's all she wrote.

RobbieThe1st
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Let's Build

#2 Post by RobbieThe1st »

First off, why not online purchases?
Paypal is your friend here -- if you've got a debit card or checking account, you can easily setup a paypal account and pay for things with it.
You can also buy paypal money cards(like prepaid debit cards) in stores.

Thing is, especially if you're on a budget, you won't find good prices offline. Ebay, Amazon and Newegg are where all your deals are.

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#3 Post by Gotheran »

RobbieThe1st wrote:First off, why not online purchases?
Paypal is your friend here -- if you've got a debit card or checking account, you can easily setup a paypal account and pay for things with it.

Thing is, especially if you're on a budget, you won't find good prices offline. Ebay, Amazon and Newegg are where all your deals are.
I don't have either, and if I did I would not link them with any online company. As for the prepaid cards, well this is the first I've heard of them, and frankly I doubt there's one in the state of Colorado. Let alone the town I'm in, the town committee is full of prissy snobs, we won't get any good businesses out here and the major staple stores get the short straw, half of the Homedepot's and WalMarts are on main roads with no way for Semi's to reach the loading bays without interrupting regular traffic. And as for the question of "why don't you move, or check the next town over." well I'm kind of in a sort of dire straights with no means of convenient transportation let alone the capital to move out.

RobbieThe1st
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by RobbieThe1st »

Gotheran wrote:
RobbieThe1st wrote:First off, why not online purchases?

I don't have either, and if I did I would not link them with any online company. As for the prepaid cards, well this is the first I've heard of them, and frankly I doubt there's one in the state of Colorado. Let alone the town I'm in, the town committee is full of prissy snobs, we won't get any good businesses out here and the major staple stores get the short straw, half of the Homedepot's and WalMarts are on main roads with no way for Semi's to reach the loading bays without interrupting regular traffic. And as for the question of "why don't you move, or check the next town over." well I'm kind of in a sort of dire straights with no means of convenient transportation let alone the capital to move out.
I want to point out that you're probably safer using Paypal than you are taking that same card/check to a local retailer. Just look at what's happened to Target, URM Foods(who are behind a lot of grocery stores), etc -- Millions of CCs stolen, from people who had done nothing more than just buy food that way.

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#5 Post by Gotheran »

Well someone might as well just lock this then, cause obviously this endeavour is doomed to failure just like everything else I've tried, because I apparently live in a world so outrageously divorced from this one it's amazing I haven't caused some sort of quantum break down of time and space.

RobbieThe1st
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by RobbieThe1st »

Pretty much. The Internet's the only good way to get things cheaply these days, and if things are as bad as you say, any local stores are going to be gouging as much as possible.

TigerWOT
New Citizen

#7 Post by TigerWOT »

my rig
I5 4670k
gigabyte ga 87mx miccro atx mobo
16 gb corsair vengence pro ram
750 W Cx power supply
GTX 770 4gb EVGA
Line m Case

Unbelivable performance in editing and gaming all bought with screen and gaming setup for 1600$
All can fight

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#8 Post by Gotheran »

Since you're new I feel compelled to mention necro-posting is against the rules, as a general rule of thumb any posts a month after the last post are considered dead. That aside I swear I asked for this specific thread to be locked.