Star Siege in Windows 7

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

Star Siege in Windows 7

#1 Post by Akira110 »

I ran into a problem with running Starsiege on Windows 7. The game works beautifully on my windows 7 32-bit system. However the problem is that I cannot get the mouse to work within the menus of the game. Can someone tell me how to fix this as I don't feel like going through having to purchase ANOTHER windows 7 install disc just so that I can play this game...
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Star Siege in Windows 7

#2 Post by SirSlaughter »

A non working mouse shouldn't need a whole new OS. Check your control panel and make sure all of your HID compliant devices are working properly. If not try to disable a few of them. The same issue was had with the Darksouls release on the PC. I had to go into my device manager and disable a certain "HID compliant Device" in order for my Xbox controller to work. It would detect the first JID driver rather than the Xbox driver first so my controller wouldn't work. And is the mouse your "primary" device? Do you have a USB headset? A USB gamepad like the belkin n52Te? Maybe they are being detected first.

Just as well, does your Mouse have macros or hotkeys?

Stuff like that could make your mouse not work within a game, but not your entire OS.

And because everyone has internet now, did you update your game to the latest patch?

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: Star Siege in Windows 7

#3 Post by Akira110 »

The problem is fixed now.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.