Getting a Graphic Tablet.

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

Getting a Graphic Tablet.

#1 Post by LuckyMudman »

I'm thinking of getting a graphical tablet to start learning to draw digitally. I was recommended to get a wacom so I checked out a website of a shop that sells them in my city. The only one that's in my price range (college = no money :( ) is a Bamboo Pen. It says that it's active size is 147x92mm, that's roughly the size of an A6 paper. I'm asking people with experience in drawing on tablets for their opinion of such a product and how does it exactly interact with a PC. I'm using windows 7 and the image editing program I use is GIMP, does a tablet like that come with it's own drawing software, or will I have to get some new software too?

Really, any advice is helpful, keep in mind that this would be my first tablet for learning.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Re: Getting a Graphic Tablet.

#2 Post by DariusL »

GIMP is compatible, but if you choose the Bamboo Capture (a bit more expensive than the Splash) you will have Adobe Photoshop Elements included.

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

Re: Getting a Graphic Tablet.

#3 Post by LuckyMudman »

This is what I can find in my city: http://www.wacom.com.hr/proizvodi.cfm
As you can see, they mostly focused on providing Intuos and Cintiq, all of which are waaaay too expensive for me. If I do decide to get the bamboo, it will probably be sometime next year.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.