Are Processors 'Plug and Play'?

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

XanderK9
Apprentice

Re: Are Processors 'Plug and Play'?

#16 Post by XanderK9 »

Sometimes, it does not ask you right away. It can take several days before it went "OMG, Windows is not genuine" and all that stuff. :P
- Kupo ! -
Myself on DA - http://hal1989.deviantart.com/

Tygron
Notakitty!

#17 Post by Tygron »

Really? That's kinda odd. But alright. Doesn't really matter as long as the validation code works though, it's not that big a deal. I mean what happens with non genuine windows? no automatic updates? big whoop. XD
[Click the sig to check out my music]
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P

aj
Consistently Inconsistent

#18 Post by aj »

RobbieThe1st wrote:Just out of curiousity, have you messed with imaging a Vista/Win 7 partition onto another drive? My boss had so much trouble doing it with Norton Ghost that he gave up and reinstalled windows. Personally, I'd use DD, but...
I've lost track of the number of times I've imaged my drive onto another drive. As long as the destination drive is bigger, clonezilla hasn't given me any problems with a straight device to device clone, and Win7's fine with it.

Partition to partition clones are another story though. That you have to mess around with boot flags, as well as Win 7's startup repair/diagnostics partition. Tried it once, didn't go so well.
avwolf wrote:"No dating dog-girls, young man, your father is terribly allergic!"
y̸̶o͏͏ų̕ sh̡o̸̵u̶̕l̴d̵̡n̵͠'̵́͠t͜͢ ̀͜͝h̶̡àv̸e͡ ̛d̷̨͡o͏̀ne ̶͠͡t҉́h̕a̧͞t̨҉́.̵̧͞.͠͞.͟