32-bit Video Editing Software on 64-bit

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

ZNickel
Apprentice

32-bit Video Editing Software on 64-bit

#1 Post by ZNickel »

Video editing is a hobby of mine. Simple as that. I've been making music videos on my Youtube Channel for the past few years now. But Adobe has finally made me snap. But that thread will be in Ranting Forum, not here. Here I'm going to give some advice to fellow video editors about these programs, for one: Don't think that 32-bit will run better on a 64-bit system. Trust me, my computer is powerful enough to play Skyrim at Max, play Minecraft with a 256px texture pack and get 200-400fps, its powerful. So, why does Adobe Premiere Elements 8 freeze? Why does it become unresponsive? Why does it take so long to render non-HD footage? Answer lies in the fact that Adobe didn't think that people with powerful machines would be using 64-bit and did not consider packing a 64-bit version in with, like Microsoft does. So, take it from me, when buying/pirating a video editor, make sure it is 64-bit.
“The solid organic waste is about to collide with the rotational air circulation device.”

RobbieThe1st
Templar GrandMaster

Re: 32-bit Video Editing Software on 64-bit

#2 Post by RobbieThe1st »

Well, erm, of /course/ not. The 32-bit software should run about as fast on a 64-bit OS as on a 32-bit OS, and will have the same limitations of the 32-bit OS -- mainly 2GB of ram per process.
Only 64-bit software will be able to take advantage of the extra ram.