Win7 OEM pack help.

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

Win7 OEM pack help.

#1 Post by SirSlaughter »

k I ordered a windows 7 OS thinking it was a simple retail version because of the picture amazon showed and because some idiot at the bestbuy nearby told me to look for it online and get it for 100 bucks. I even asked "just to be sure, The System Builders pack 64 bit will work just fie right?" He replied "yes that will work". So I did, But What I did not realize is that the OEM system Builders pack was actually a OS that would lock in the Info for your Comp and was intended for Companies that make Pre-built computers to sell. So when I opened the package it did not give me sufficient info telling me exactly hat this item was. So Now I look and read up and I need to download an OPK? Apparently this is a 2 gb system Image to pre-install into a HDD? And to download it I have to be registered with the Microsoft partners program...I am royally [censored]. Can anyone help me and give me more info as to what I have just brought upon myself? I am no company owner obviously and The CD case has been opened (thanks to insufficient Info on the Box) so I cannot return this crap and I was looking so forward to completing my computer in a week. That and the microsft website isn't exactly cutting to the chase seiing as I have to click 7 links of madness to even see what I am remotely looking for.

Please help. Anything would be appreciated.

RobbieThe1st
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Win7 OEM pack help.

#2 Post by RobbieThe1st »

Hey, we all use System Builder's Packs. Not a big deal, but don't expect support from MS with it.
Just grab the Win 7 x64 ISO here: http://www.mydigitallife.info/download- ... oad-links/
Burn it to disk, install. When installing, it'll ask you for the key. Use the key you have, and it should work. If it doesn't, you can get past that screen without a key, and use it for 30 days; during which time you can either get it working, or crack/patch windows 7 one way or another(SLIC method is the safest and most foolproof if you can find a bios-mod file for your PC)

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Win7 OEM pack help.

#3 Post by SirSlaughter »

Alright then, Do I just save t and then transfer it to a CD? Or do I save it then run it and select it to be installed to a Cd? I wish to be sure I do it right before wasting lie 10 cd's trying to get it right.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. Just download it and launch it like you would an Executable and it it will pop up with a screen that is pretty self explanatory.