PDAs.

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

PDAs.

#1 Post by RedDwarfIV »

No one seems to sell them these days, except eBay. This is annoying, because I like PDAs. And my old PDA's battery is ten years past expiry, and the device itself keeps getting stuck on the screen alignment. And because I had to superglue the charger port contacts back to the board with the charger plugged in so I knew it was working, the charger's adapter is superglued in the port. And the touchscreen is temperamental. And some of the colours are more red than they should be.

The only reason I still want it is because it has GPS built in, and I can't get one for myself off eBay until I'm 18.

The PDA advertises its GPS functionality - note the off colouring.
Windows Mobile. Yay, tap the screen to continue.
And that's all she wrote. I had this same problem when I first got this PDA, I'm just not sure how I fixed it.
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.
ImageImageImage

RobbieThe1st
Templar GrandMaster

Re: PDAs.

#2 Post by RobbieThe1st »

So, not sure what you're talking about:
PDA issues, you'll have to explain more clearly.

Ebay wise, of /course/ you can have an account while under 18. You just can't tell Ebay you're under 18, and if they catch you, the worst thing they can do is ban you.
Anyway, here's how you'd do it:
1. Get a checkless checking account(with debit card) from your local bank. You can get them at 12 in the US, so long as your parents co-sign it with you.
2. Sign up for Paypal, using your real information, but change your birthday's year to something over 18.
3. Connect your debit card to paypal, so you can pay with it.
5. Sign up for ebay, using the same fake birthday.
6. Buy what you want.

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

Re: PDAs.

#3 Post by RedDwarfIV »

RobbieThe1st wrote:So, not sure what you're talking about:
PDA issues, you'll have to explain more clearly.

Ebay wise, of /course/ you can have an account while under 18. You just can't tell Ebay you're under 18, and if they catch you, the worst thing they can do is ban you.
Anyway, here's how you'd do it:
1. Get a checkless checking account(with debit card) from your local bank. You can get them at 12 in the US, so long as your parents co-sign it with you.
2. Sign up for Paypal, using your real information, but change your birthday's year to something over 18.
3. Connect your debit card to paypal, so you can pay with it.
5. Sign up for ebay, using the same fake birthday.
6. Buy what you want.
Huh. I hadn't thought about PayPal.
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.
ImageImageImage