Wireless Adapter Problem

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

Wireless Adapter Problem

#1 Post by KyeRaor »

My latest PC problem started after I had my computer turned off for about a week, when I went to turn it back on I could not connect to the internet. I use a Linksys Wireless G USB adapter, and I've never had a problem with it before. The Wireless Adapter can see the preferred network on the Network Connections list but it just won't connect.

The passwords are correct, I double checked them. I've made sure that the "Enable IEEE ###.#x authentication" is unchecked, I've tried power cycling the modem, router and my wireless adapter. I'm almost certain it's just a function on my computer that turned off by itself because every other device in the house doesn't have a problem getting on the internet. I've tried installing the adapter from the CD I got with it but looks as if my CD Drive is back to ignoring everything I put in it.

I tried it on another computer in the house and it works fine there. I'm all out of ideas on what to do to fix this and I'm getting frustrated. Before I had it turned off for a week the internet was fine. It wasn't turned on, nothing moved around, just sat there and now for some unknown reason the internet wants to avoid me. D:

Halp?

Glitcher
Templar Master

Re: Wireless Adapter Problem

#2 Post by Glitcher »

I don't usually use wireless adapters, so I can't give the best advice. However, instead of trying to install the driver from the CD, try to install it from the Internet. Also see if you can connect to the modem.
ImageImageImage

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#3 Post by KyeRaor »

The only work around I can think of right now is getting a long ethernet cable and going directly from the router to my PC. :/ No one else has any ideas?

AlfaWskyDlta
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by AlfaWskyDlta »

Did you try restarting your router and modem?
Fuzzle wrote:Alfaw...Alfydiys...A...Hard to remember name guy

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#5 Post by KyeRaor »

Yeah I did, but this problem is solved. There was a few things buggy about my PC so I just brought it in and had everything swiped. Problem's solved, but thanks for the advice.