Need a new gaming mouse, roughly £50 budget

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

Bart95
Templar Master

Need a new gaming mouse, roughly £50 budget

#1 Post by Bart95 »

So yeah...This Logitech USB mouse isn't that brilliant, the right click on it is getting a tad faulty which is annoying as hell in games that use it alot. (See TES4, TF2, etc)

So...anyone recommend any gaming mice? I don't want it to be overly fancy with LED lights and all the crap, just an ergonomic, right-handed mouse with 2 or 3 extra buttons on the side.

Kinda like the Razer DeathAdder.
Then again I'm not too fussed about extra buttons, I just want a mouse that won't break on me and is responsive. So maybe the Abyssus?
(The LoL runes are tempting...but I'm going to ignore them *cough*)

I'm not very tech savvy with hardware, What I do know is that I have a Razer Keyboard and have had no problems with it so far. But that's it.

So...Cheap, Sturdy, possible extra buttoned mouse. Suggestions?

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Re: Need a new gaming mouse, roughly £50 budget

#2 Post by Lief »

I can heartily suggest the Logitech MX 518. Been using it for a good year and a half without any problems whatsoever. It's got two side-buttons, adjustable DPI, and a "Document Flip" button that functions like alt-tab. (Don't worry, you can reprogram it to something else. I did.)

I looooove this mouse and would only give it up for a high-end Razer. (Which are way too expensive, considering I found out on a lot of them the mousewheel breaks after about a year.)

RobbieThe1st
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by RobbieThe1st »

Razer Deathadder's great(I have the lefty version myself).
Also, the Logitech G9 is anther great candidate - high DPI, great multi-function scroll-wheel(it goes between freewheel mode(for scrolling long pages quickly) to positive-click mode(for things like switching weapons) at the touch of a button)
I'd probably still be using the Logitech, but I'm a lefty... and couldn't resist the lefty deathadder. Now, well, I'm spoiled. Running a right-handed mouse in my left hand just won't work for me anymore.

Bart95
Templar Master

#4 Post by Bart95 »

Asked around and I'm getting -alot- of conflicting opinions, some say Razer are brilliant, some say crappy. It's getting rather irksome. Might try asking some of the PC gamers in my WoW guild later.

RobbieThe1st
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by RobbieThe1st »

Bart95 wrote:Asked around and I'm getting -alot- of conflicting opinions, some say Razer are brilliant, some say crappy. It's getting rather irksome. Might try asking some of the PC gamers in my WoW guild later.
Depends on the device, obviously. I know that there's been some issues in the past with Razer's driver software, but I personally haven't had any trouble, either on by desktop(because it's Linux and doesn't *use* those drivers :P) and on my W7 boot on my laptop.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#6 Post by Schrodinger »

Well I personally use a Logitech MX400 for my gaming, it's sturdy, responsive and has a couple extra buttons (that I rarely use). You might want to try places like Newegg for prices.
What was it the spider said to the fly...