OS Preference

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

What OS are you using?

Windows 9x,2K, or XP
81%
Linux (Tell us what Distro)
11%
Mac (Say what version)
8%
Other (Tell us what!) =D
No votes

Total votes: 64

kaiser
New Citizen

#46 Post by kaiser »

RobbieThe1st wrote:... Exactly, and if you are facing identical troubles, why go with Vista, which costs a huge amount of money, and has a lot of bugs, when you can go with free(or inexpensive) linux! Not to mention that as company's have been using linux to power there servers for years, its not like they havnt done anything with linux... Also, hardware now supports linux... it looks like the end of the line for windows! (die evil microsoft).
Imagine the day every non-Windows server on the net would go down. :roll:
The difference between companies and the home user is small but the more important:
The companies have admins with knowledge of the system, the user only needs to know where to switch on his machine, how to login and how to use his applications, they don't need to know more, the admins are paid for that, end of story. Most home-users are already puzzled if they had to reinstall XP from the standard installation media (what the heck are partitions?....).
-------------------------------------------------------------
"It's you isn't it? THE B*STARD OPERATOR FROM HELL!" "In the flesh, on the phone and in your account..."

Omegaprime02

Re: OS Preference

#47 Post by Omegaprime02 »

No offense to any Windows user, but I use a PowerBook G4 Macintosh with Tiger (10.4) and, despite it's older than any computer I've ever used before, It still blows the Windows I used to use away. To me, Mac is the only thing that works, Windows is just too slow...
I love outdated technology, especially if it still functions better than stuff coming out today.
I am sorry, I am a Mac user, Mac developer, and a Mac enthusiast, any questions?

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

Re: OS Preference

#48 Post by FastChapter »

You just revived a topic that's been dead for almost 3/4 of a year, :P Necroposting is generally looked down upon on the forums. Make sure you read the forum rules to clear up any questions you may have, and to avoid future oopsies, :)