Useful Firefox extensions

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Re: Useful Firefox extensions

#46 Post by Lief »

Redirect Cleaner
Gets rid of redirects on links.

It will not work if you have the redirect virus though!

Symphona
Apprentice

#47 Post by Symphona »

Mozilla Weave is like a variety of other things that save your bookmarks, but It does open tabs as well...Useful for people who live jumping between computors, or if you don't need to save a bookmark.

Can't link to it currently, but its the first result on google.
Linux is hard...

aj
Consistently Inconsistent

#48 Post by aj »

Symphona wrote:Mozilla Weave is like a variety of other things that save your bookmarks, but It does open tabs as well...Useful for people who live jumping between computors, or if you don't need to save a bookmark.

Can't link to it currently, but its the first result on google.
https://mozillalabs.com/weave/

The only problem I've had with it is that version 0.5 didn't sync when I started using version 1.0b1 on another computer, but that was fixed with upgrading the old version to the latest.

Technically, it possible to use this with just one computer to have a backup of your bookmarks and such stored (encrypted) on Mozilla's servers...
avwolf wrote:"No dating dog-girls, young man, your father is terribly allergic!"
y̸̶o͏͏ų̕ sh̡o̸̵u̶̕l̴d̵̡n̵͠'̵́͠t͜͢ ̀͜͝h̶̡àv̸e͡ ̛d̷̨͡o͏̀ne ̶͠͡t҉́h̕a̧͞t̨҉́.̵̧͞.͠͞.͟

No Clemency
Templar GrandMaster

#49 Post by No Clemency »

Another useful firefox add-on that I found a while back, but forgot to post on the forum is an add-on called Illimitux. This add-on allows you to buy pass any timers on videos, including Megavideo, and Veoh, and a lot of other big video players on the web. Now you don't have to worry about those annoying time outs, just watch and enjoy!!! |D |D |D

http://www.illimitux.net/addon/

Silver Seren
Templar Inner Circle

#50 Post by Silver Seren »

Thank you!!!! *glomps*

I needed that so badly. I've been trying to watch Denno Coil and you can only watch it on MegaUpload and the timeouts are so ridiculously annoying.

etam
Apprentice

#51 Post by etam »

Long URL Please
Replaces short urls with the originals so you can see where links actually link to.

Asclepius
Merchant

#52 Post by Asclepius »

Too lazy to see if someone else posted this, but I find that Lazarus is an incredibly useful add-on. It saves the last couple of things you typed into a text box.

For example, lets say I typed up a huge rant on some forums, six of them to be exact, and my browser crashed and I lost everything I had typed. All I have to do is load up six new text boxes, and then go to the Lazarus button and click recover > and then the specific post I want to recover. It comes in very handy if you have a bad habit for accidental navigating away from windows before you're done posting.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6984
Doctor, doctor, give me the news!
--

RobbieThe1st
Templar GrandMaster

#53 Post by RobbieThe1st »

Asclepius wrote:Too lazy to see if someone else posted this, but I find that Lazarus is an incredibly useful add-on. It saves the last couple of things you typed into a text box.

For example, lets say I typed up a huge rant on some forums, six of them to be exact, and my browser crashed and I lost everything I had typed. All I have to do is load up six new text boxes, and then go to the Lazarus button and click recover > and then the specific post I want to recover. It comes in very handy if you have a bad habit for accidental navigating away from windows before you're done posting.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6984
Textarea Cache.
Same thing, but a little better - It keeps just about everything, and you can empty it whenever you want.