DQS rcvr en pass window CH A to CH B too large

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

DQS rcvr en pass window CH A to CH B too large

#1 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

This may be related to my computer's freezing problem, but when I have 4GB of RAM in the PC, I've been getting this error on the boot screen. It's happened every time I had 4GB in, but I never noticed it until now. A google search rendered a small forum discussion in, what appeared to me as Martian language.

I did gather that it has to do with the RAM, which would explain its link to the computer freezing, but beyond that, I couldn't understand. What does it mean? How can I fix it?
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Re: DQS rcvr en pass window CH A to CH B too large

#2 Post by Lief »

First thing's first: What OS are you using? And is it 32 bit or 64 bit?

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

#3 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

Windows 7 64bit. I think what matters more is my motherboard, which is an ASUS M3A.
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#4 Post by Lief »

Well, yeah, now it does. Was wondering because a friend of mine had a similar issue not that long ago, and he was running Windows XP 32-bit. (Apparently, Windows XP does NOT like more than three gigs of RAM. Although there was some motherboard stuff that also caused an issue.)

Alright, first thing I'd do is check the BIOS to make sure the RAM timings are correct. I suppose the next thing to do (Upon googling the issue and finding naught but two links that may or may not be helpful...) is update your BIOS. Okay then... Upon slightly further research (About as much as I dare, don't need to get bit by a virus.) the BIOS update seems to fix the issue.

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

Lief wrote: Alright, first thing I'd do is check the BIOS to make sure the RAM timings are correct.
Had that done a while ago
I suppose the next thing to do (Upon googling the issue and finding naught but two links that may or may not be helpful...) is update your BIOS. Okay then... Upon slightly further research (About as much as I dare, don't need to get bit by a virus.) the BIOS update seems to fix the issue.
Christ, I've been meaning to update the BIOS since I started that other thread. Thanks, Lief, I'll give that a try and see if it fixes either, or hopefully, both issues.

Edit: I updated the BIOS, it was running on the release version from over three years ago. :roll:

I didn't get the error when I booted up, but only time will tell whether or not that fixed the freezing problem.

Edit 2: Nope, still freezing. :( I'm starting to think the only thing that would fix this problem is to replace the motherboard.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#6 Post by Lief »

Sounds like it. Well, at least you can get into Windows again! I'm afraid I wouldn't have a motherboard I could send you, even if I could afford the shipping.

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

Lief wrote:Sounds like it. Well, at least you can get into Windows again! I'm afraid I wouldn't have a motherboard I could send you, even if I could afford the shipping.
Well the error was never actually preventing me from getting into Windows, it always let me go on about my business, I just thought it was strange (once I actually noticed it).

Thanks for the help anyway, man.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#8 Post by Lief »

Cessna Skyhawk wrote:
Lief wrote:Sounds like it. Well, at least you can get into Windows again! I'm afraid I wouldn't have a motherboard I could send you, even if I could afford the shipping.
Well the error was never actually preventing me from getting into Windows, it always let me go on about my business, I just thought it was strange (once I actually noticed it).

Thanks for the help anyway, man.
Oh. Well, I thought it was. Eh.

Either way, you're quite welcome!