Music editing?

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

TheJ
Templar

Music editing?

#1 Post by TheJ »

Our class is going to do a small play, and aside from the narrator's role, I'm in charge of the music. There is a few songs that I really think a part in the middle would fit the play, but not the beginning. How do I cut the beginning?
MY AVATAR IS CALLED KRIETH KREISER.
ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL.
COPYRIGHT: ME.
Kindamoody wrote:avwolf is always right. :wink:
Schrodinger wrote:Stop trying to inject logic where none exists.

aj
Consistently Inconsistent

Re: Music editing?

#2 Post by aj »

Audacity would do the trick. You'd have to search for it on google, I'm on my phone at the moment.
avwolf wrote:"No dating dog-girls, young man, your father is terribly allergic!"
y̸̶o͏͏ų̕ sh̡o̸̵u̶̕l̴d̵̡n̵͠'̵́͠t͜͢ ̀͜͝h̶̡àv̸e͡ ̛d̷̨͡o͏̀ne ̶͠͡t҉́h̕a̧͞t̨҉́.̵̧͞.͠͞.͟

TheJ
Templar

#3 Post by TheJ »

OK.... is it free? and bonus Question: Is there a good software for youtube downloads? And other music? I use foxy to download music.
MY AVATAR IS CALLED KRIETH KREISER.
ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL.
COPYRIGHT: ME.
Kindamoody wrote:avwolf is always right. :wink:
Schrodinger wrote:Stop trying to inject logic where none exists.

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by avwolf »

Yes, Audacity is free, though its interface takes some getting used to. (Doesn't everything, though?)

Sithil
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by Sithil »

Ugh. Audacity. Hate that program. Yes, gets the job done, and nothing really wrong with it, but I just can't stand it for some reason.

Personally, I would recommend Mixcraft 5 for editing music. Aside from having all the features of Audacity(as far as I'm aware, at least), it has it's own library of downloadable, free sound clips and feels a lot more smooth to use(in my opinion). You can download it here. Bear in mind, though, unlike Audacity, this is not a free program. It will tell you to buy it, too, but when you first download and install it, you'll get a 14 days long free trial, so if your project won't take longer than that, you're pretty much set. And if it does, well, maybe you can trick your school into funding it somehow, if you're real clever. I wish I had thought of that. :wink:

For tutorials on how to use Mixcraft 5, you can check this YouTube channel for videos. They're not Grade A, but the first ones will explain things good enough to get you started, or at least they should.

For downloading and converting YouTube videos, there's YouTube Downloader, avaivable here. To my knowledge it can be used to convert all sorts of formats from one to another, but I've never tried it myself. Asides YouTube, there are loads of music- and sound clips libraries on the 'Net, you just gotta look.

If you need help or tips, just PM me, and I'll help out as best I can.
All my life I've seen a world that hates evil more than it loves good ~Johann von Staupitz(Luther, 2003)