I kinda need some help here....

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

werty901
Master
Location: Hungry wolf... Please don't come near or you know whats going to happen...

I kinda need some help here....

#1 Post by werty901 »

As a computer technician, sometimes there are some problems that are simply a mess in the head and without another technician on your side to support you anyway he can it can be a pain in the a**!
So here's the problem, its about Crysis 2.
Crysis 2 Demo breaks the computer, needs to be restarted because it goes on Lockdown (I call it lockdown because the system breaks / stops working and you need to restart).
I can play for 1 minute or for ever. Its like it has a mind of its own.
So I checked the temps and there low. no overheating. (CPU- 30 to 50 degrees Celsius | GPU - 40 to 56 degrees Celsius, once it gets to 56 manual fan control goes to 70% RPM's and lowers it down to 40 or 30 degrees Celsius).
Tested every component on different machines and no problems detected.
Tested the power flow, consumption, etc... no problems detected.
Formatted the PC with 3 different windows to test if there was a problem with a specific OS, same thing happening (Windows XP 32, Windows Vista 32 and 64 bit and windows 7 32 and 64bit)
Then i thought that maybe could be some damage on the OS dvd's. Tested on another machine, working fine, no crashes with crysis 2.
Then i asked a friend of mine, that had the Crysis 2 leaked version, to come here and put the leaked version here for some testes, the same thing happened. (NOTE: I already pre-purchase the game in February 13 from the EA store.)
So with no help insight, might ask twokinds forum for some help.

Here's the System Specs:

Intel Core2Duo E8400 3.0ghz (currently operating at 3.6ghz, note that i already made the tests with and without overclocking to see if that was the problem).
P45TurboTwins2000
Kingston 2GB DDR2 800mhz
Kingston 1GB DDR2 800mhz
EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
NOX Urano 500w (going to upgrade to 600w)
Western Digital 500Gb 32mb Cache
Western Digital 1TB 64mb Cache
Corsair H50

If i missed something, let me know.
If you see this sig, then you know I was here :p
Image Image

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

Re: I kinda need some help here....

#2 Post by SirSlaughter »

Ok I am just spitballing here but did you try to do a game defreag. There is a program out there that's called gamebooster and you can defreag specific games so make them run better. Maybe it's something to do with that... then again i am just saying stuff.

Maybe you shoud also try to do a deep optimization defrag using the smart defrag program. It cleans your computer super thoroughly and really makes a huge impact on performance. It also helps to make your pc run smoother and with less heat. I can't really say anyhing other than that. This is a bit over my head as well. But both the programs are free.

Oooh wait... have you tried to see if you can change the graphics setting to a lower setting. Maybe at some point in the game the computer just takes in too much info or there is a file missing that keeps messing it up. And did you check to see if they made a new version to update.

once again... just the first things that came off the top of my head.

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#3 Post by avwolf »

So it fails a varying amount of time into the game? That's usually a heat issue, but if you've already accounted for that, you could be looking at a video driver problem, or potentially not having enough juice to keep it going. Those are the only ideas I've got at the moment.

werty901
Master
Location: Hungry wolf... Please don't come near or you know whats going to happen...

#4 Post by werty901 »

SirSlaughter wrote:Ok I am just spitballing here but did you try to do a game defreag. There is a program out there that's called gamebooster and you can defreag specific games so make them run better. Maybe it's something to do with that... then again i am just saying stuff.

Maybe you shoud also try to do a deep optimization defrag using the smart defrag program. It cleans your computer super thoroughly and really makes a huge impact on performance. It also helps to make your pc run smoother and with less heat. I can't really say anyhing other than that. This is a bit over my head as well. But both the programs are free.

Oooh wait... have you tried to see if you can change the graphics setting to a lower setting. Maybe at some point in the game the computer just takes in too much info or there is a file missing that keeps messing it up. And did you check to see if they made a new version to update.

once again... just the first things that came off the top of my head.
Tried defrag the entire system, no results.
Tried to run on low settings, no results.
avwolf wrote:So it fails a varying amount of time into the game? That's usually a heat issue, but if you've already accounted for that, you could be looking at a video driver problem, or potentially not having enough juice to keep it going. Those are the only ideas I've got at the moment.
Already tried with another power supply (don't remember the model or name of it, but i do remember the power it used. 700w.), no results :S
Already tried with different drivers (old and new ones).
This is driving my crazy!
Could this be a internal game engine error with my machine? Or i need some rest to clear my mind? ^^

Thanks for the help your giving me here ^^
If you see this sig, then you know I was here :p
Image Image