Website Issues

And now, a word from our moderators

Moderators: Yash, Tom

Message
Author
User avatar
Not-so-Veteran
Posts: 1303
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:15 pm
Location: The world between the molecules.

Re: Website Bugs

#31 Post by ThunderVolt » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:48 pm

The ridiculous kiwi is back, unfortunately with more issues.

Is KeenSpot picky about where it loads its page and how? When I try to load the comic off my Wi-Fi, it fails. But across my data, it loads just fine. Fix?
A Kiwi's Adventure! (Updates everyday)
The website is currently under construction. NEED those archives? Join the Discord server!
Check out the A Kiwi's Journey Discord server!
Image

Check out my gaming channel!

User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:32 am
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: Website Bugs

#32 Post by Turaiel » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:07 pm

Nope, sorry. That sounds like a problem with your network or Internet connection.
Website and Facebook Page Administrator
Links // TK on Facebook // TK extras archive // deviantART

User avatar
Master
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: Just behind you :D

Re: Website Bugs

#33 Post by Samantaz » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:03 am

ThunderVolt wrote:The ridiculous kiwi is back, unfortunately with more issues.

Is KeenSpot picky about where it loads its page and how? When I try to load the comic off my Wi-Fi, it fails. But across my data, it loads just fine. Fix?
Check DNS/proxy settings on each device (Phone/PC/Router, ...) ... that's probably the reason why it doesn't work !

Your home ISP probably blocks some domains (with DNS), what your phone ISP isn't doing ...
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy

User avatar
Not-so-Veteran
Posts: 1303
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:15 pm
Location: The world between the molecules.

Re: Website Bugs

#34 Post by ThunderVolt » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:09 am

Ok, thanks!
A Kiwi's Adventure! (Updates everyday)
The website is currently under construction. NEED those archives? Join the Discord server!
Check out the A Kiwi's Journey Discord server!
Image

Check out my gaming channel!

User avatar
Templar GrandMaster
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:44 pm

Re: Website Bugs

#35 Post by TheMouse » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:25 pm

I'm having the same problem across multiple browsers and platforms. Random redirects to REALLY suspicious attempts to force a download. Because totally, TwoKinds is going to trigger a mandatory urgent upgrade to FireFox/Chrome/my phone. Thing is, as near as I can tell, this is the only website that does it. Do I need to just suck it up and enable adblockers?
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:32 am
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: Website Bugs

#36 Post by Turaiel » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:31 pm

TheMouse wrote:I'm having the same problem across multiple browsers and platforms. Random redirects to REALLY suspicious attempts to force a download. Because totally, TwoKinds is going to trigger a mandatory urgent upgrade to FireFox/Chrome/my phone. Thing is, as near as I can tell, this is the only website that does it. Do I need to just suck it up and enable adblockers?
Sounds like one of our ad providers isn't doing a very good job of monitoring its ads. Can you please PM me with your browser/device info so I can try to reproduce it? Thanks!
Website and Facebook Page Administrator
Links // TK on Facebook // TK extras archive // deviantART

User avatar
traveler
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:18 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Website Bugs

#37 Post by Viper4K » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:29 pm

TheMouse wrote:I'm having the same problem across multiple browsers and platforms. Random redirects to REALLY suspicious attempts to force a download. Because totally, TwoKinds is going to trigger a mandatory urgent upgrade to FireFox/Chrome/my phone. Thing is, as near as I can tell, this is the only website that does it. Do I need to just suck it up and enable adblockers?
Is it on PC? If so, you are probably victim of single site adware. Basically, virus on your pc detects when you open twokinds website and redirects you to other websites/pops ads up. I had one of these before, malwarebytes helps...
Happiness can be created. With your own hand. What are you waiting for?
~Viper4K, 2017

User avatar
Grand Templar
Posts: 1516
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: Website Bugs

#38 Post by amenon » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:20 pm

Just noticed that there's a sorting boo-boo on the fanart page because of the filenames.

User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:32 am
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: Website Bugs

#39 Post by Turaiel » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:13 pm

amenon wrote:Just noticed that there's a sorting boo-boo on the fanart page because of the filenames.
Fixed, thanks! The IDs were being sorted as strings instead of numbers. I also took the opportunity to reverse the fanart sorting so the newest pieces are first.
Website and Facebook Page Administrator
Links // TK on Facebook // TK extras archive // deviantART

User avatar
Grand Templar
Posts: 1516
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: Website Bugs

#40 Post by amenon » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:15 pm

More of a feature request than a bug, but I noticed that the old image links aren't valid anymore, so the comic discussion threads have dead hotlinks. (par exemple)

So if possible, it would be nice to get a redirect from under images/ to the cdn.

User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:32 am
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: Website Bugs

#41 Post by Turaiel » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:20 am

amenon wrote:More of a feature request than a bug, but I noticed that the old image links aren't valid anymore, so the comic discussion threads have dead hotlinks. (par exemple)

So if possible, it would be nice to get a redirect from under images/ to the cdn.
I added a redirect to throw any links to the old /images/ to the new /comics/. Obviously this won't catch every case on earth, but it should get the important ones.
Website and Facebook Page Administrator
Links // TK on Facebook // TK extras archive // deviantART

User avatar
Templar Master
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:28 am
Location: Designing UAVs to take over the Pekoponian empire.
Contact:

Re: Website Bugs

#42 Post by Tekros » Thu May 25, 2017 2:29 pm

I'm not too sure what's going on exactly with me, but I have my profanity filter OFF, and yet it still censors EVERYTHING, as if it were still turned on. This is only a recent glitch/bug I've encountered and I don't know if I'm just an idiot or what. :roll: But honestly I CAN NOT seem to get the darn thing to turn OFF so that I can finally enjoy reading fanfic on here once again, without that annoying [CENSORED] bar coming up all the time. Is anyone else having this issue by chance? Could it be the fact I'm using the Safari web browser?
Active musician for Twokinds Online.

My musical compositions can be found here.

https://soundcloud.com/dovahsound
Image

User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:32 am
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: Website Bugs

#43 Post by Turaiel » Thu May 25, 2017 3:34 pm

Tekros wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 2:29 pm
I'm not too sure what's going on exactly with me, but I have my profanity filter OFF, and yet it still censors EVERYTHING, as if it were still turned on. This is only a recent glitch/bug I've encountered and I don't know if I'm just an idiot or what. :roll: But honestly I CAN NOT seem to get the darn thing to turn OFF so that I can finally enjoy reading fanfic on here once again, without that annoying [CENSORED] bar coming up all the time. Is anyone else having this issue by chance? Could it be the fact I'm using the Safari web browser?
This is a known bug with the current version of phpBB. We'll just need to wait until a new version comes out that fixes it.
Website and Facebook Page Administrator
Links // TK on Facebook // TK extras archive // deviantART

User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:32 am
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: Website Issues

#44 Post by Turaiel » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:47 am

I am renaming and moving this thread to the News Bulletin section to make it easier to find and more descriptive of what the thread is intended for.
Website and Facebook Page Administrator
Links // TK on Facebook // TK extras archive // deviantART

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests