Neko/Kitsune Slave RP (OOC & sign up)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

pirostyle
Master

Neko/Kitsune Slave RP (OOC & sign up)

#1 Post by pirostyle »

An interesting idea I came across when everybody in the guild I had joined went inactive...
So I decided to bring the idea-goodness here to see how far I could get with it... so here is the basic idea.

Story
In this world there are cretures called 'Nekos'... they are humans with the tail and ears of a cat, most of them are female, but there have been some male Nekos before. There are also Kitsune, fox spirits who have been bound into human form, they also look human but they have fox ears and tail instead of cat. The humans were quick to force the two kinds into slavery... they are now bought and sold like tools, hated and mistreated by the people who own them... but... there are some humans who treat them with kindness and love, they are the ones who only want for them to be free...most good humans will try to free them from slavery, most of the time the human ends up in jail and the freed slave ends up being hunted and returned to slavery, the smarter ones have decided to buy them and keep them sheltered in their own homes. Most if not all of the bad humans treat them like dirt, some even preform tests on them to see how they first came to be, those are the slaves who end up suffering, they have longed to be free, to return to the way things were when all the races lived in peace. The humans believe that one day, the two races will rise up against them and fight for their freedom, some humans want to help them, but the rest of the humans are fighting to keep them in slavery, because they think they are the superior race. The time of rebelion is coming, soon there will be war between the Neko and Kitsune Races, and the Humans...

Rules
-Keep the content of your posts PG13 and under, there are kids on this forum... I think
-You may only have up to 3 characters
-Humans may only have up to 2 slaves
-Nekos/Kitsunes may only have 1 owner, but they can be told by their master/owner to serve a friend for a while.
-No magic, No sci-fi stuff
-By law, Nekos/Kitsunes arent allowed to be outside unless
-They are in their owner's yard with a collar on
-They are with their master/owner
-You can play as a Neko or Kitsune in slavery or as a normal human, you can also be someone else's owner or slave
-If your character is a Human, you must put what side they are with on your character sheet
-No killing characters is allowed at all in this RP, violence yes, but the characters are not allowed to die or be killed.
-This DOES NOT mean you can survive a massive amount of damage because of this rule, keep violence to a wound/bruise/scratch/cut/etc.
-If you are planning on being someone else's owner or slave, you have to ask them first and get their permission, you may leave the owner/slave part of the character sheet blank until you find someone if you are planning on doing this
-All slave characters start out in the black market until they are bought --OR-- In an alleyway hiding from the humans

Character Sheet (Humans)
Name:
Discription: Words or pic
Personality:
Bio:
Side: (Good, Bad, Neutral)
Slave(s):

Character Sheet (Neko/Kitsune)
Name:
Discription: Words or pic
Personality:
Bio:
Owner:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Nato
Discription: Image
Personality: Kind, Forgiving, Sweet
Bio: Was raised as a child to be a gentleman, ever since the nekos were put into slavery, has been trying to help them have a better life. Has been unsuccesful so far... as he has been unable to purchase one
Side: Good
Slave(s): None Currently, position open

------------------------------------
Fixed for the 3rd time! :|
'You mean like bowling?'
"---- NO! I put ---- in the way! Like trees n' bushes n' high grass! So you can lose ya ----in ball n' go whackin away with a ----in tire iron, whackin away n' each time ya miss ya feel like ya gonna have a stroke!"

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Neko Slave RP (OOC & sign up)

#2 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

...just a sec, let me check the rules. I'm somewhat sure there's a "Limit mature content" one in there somewhere...

Besides, it seems to lack any sort of complicated plot, and the limitation of nekos only is somewhat annoying...and it's incredibly easy to mess up and portray slavery as a two-dimensional issue.
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

Tetsuya Kintame
Grand Templar
Location: Somewhere in the space between the dream world and reality.

#3 Post by Tetsuya Kintame »

Wow, you just sort of jumped into opening the IC didn't you? Most people tend to wait a bit until they think there is enough people that have joined the RP before opening its IC. Meh, whatever works for you I guess. Not judging you at all. Just letting my thoughts out. I'll try signing up if I can come up with a character here soon. Might go with male neko too.

Arachnion, I think the style of this RP is to meet up, and converse with others in an RP like style.
<-- Avatar made by auronblades. =^_^=

Der Kojote
Grand Templar

#4 Post by Der Kojote »

maybe intrested...maybe
In remembrance Lothi Great Rper and greater Solider
ye will be missed 21 gun salute

Chaosye
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Chaosye »

MY GOD
I'VE SEEN LIKE
500000000000000000 RPs THAT ARE THE EXACT SAME.
[censored]
HOW MANY PEOPLE DO THIS RP
GOD
DAMN

pirostyle
Master

#6 Post by pirostyle »

Arachnion As Captain Jack wrote:...just a sec, let me check the rules. I'm somewhat sure there's a "Limit mature content" one in there somewhere...

Besides, it seems to lack any sort of complicated plot, and the limitation of nekos only is somewhat annoying...and it's incredibly easy to mess up and portray slavery as a two-dimensional issue.

uh... didnt you read the story?
the plot is to free the Nekos if you are a good guy, or stop them if you are the bad guys
sorry about the neko only thing, I thought catpeople were the most popular

and whats with the mature content thing?...
oh, hang on, let me edit that rule in...

btw... a two dimensional issue? Im afraid I dont know what that is...
'You mean like bowling?'
"---- NO! I put ---- in the way! Like trees n' bushes n' high grass! So you can lose ya ----in ball n' go whackin away with a ----in tire iron, whackin away n' each time ya miss ya feel like ya gonna have a stroke!"

pirostyle
Master

Re: Neko/Kitsune Slave RP (OOC & sign up)

#7 Post by pirostyle »

Alright.... I fixed the:
-Storyline
-Character selection
-Character sheet layout
-Topic names
-Rules

Anything else?
This is my first time, cut me some slack, or at least tell me what Im doing wrong without using all caps.
'You mean like bowling?'

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

Well, a two-dimensional issue would be something like "Good guys want to free them, bad guys don't.", instead of, say, "Some good guys want to free them, but that's kinda illegal and the former slaves end up homeless, Some other good guys just want to treat them well, yet more good guys are minor protestors, There's those terroristic guys who just want to kill all slave-holders, etc, etc..."

And while yes, catgirls are popular, it's still a limit. You've got a modern setting, which allows for plenty of types of characters, and then the cat-people only bit expands it to include races other than humans..but only Nekomimi, which prevents the use of many other tropes that show up with races other than humans.

Also, I'm allowed to use the technical term because I'm in superiority-flaunt mode.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

I'm alright on the rules change, but the other bits do need work. This is why you make an OOC or post in the idea thread first.
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

Talonmaster Zso
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Neko/Kitsune Slave RP (OOC & sign up)

#9 Post by Talonmaster Zso »

The limits are also a bit much. You can only hurt someone at a small level, you must pick a side, the owner is immediately as "bad" as any other regardless of what they do, the fact that this seems to be in a modern world where people enslaved two other species for no given reason. The fact that they're mostly female also makes little sense seeing as that would mean either Cat-men would have a polygamist life style or that most of those born would fail one of their main natural purposes (Reproduce).

Also, this forum is not really one for "Slave" type roleplays. Or, more accurately, the one where humans are dominant. In fact, you'd probably get much more people interested if you swapped sides around. Even more if you allowed full Anthros.
Human (n): Susceptible to or representative of the sympathies and frailties of human nature.

Loud & Proud Humanist. Malignant to Misanthropes.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by Raphael »

Chaosye wrote:MY GOD
I'VE SEEN LIKE
500000000000000000 RPs THAT ARE THE EXACT SAME.
[censored]
HOW MANY PEOPLE DO THIS RP
GOD
DAMN
......Jeeze, calm down man. The guy's new to the forum and probably hadn't seen any like these, give the guy a break.