Band of Brothers (RP)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

Band of Brothers (RP)

#1 Post by JediGuy »

(( THIS RP IS STILL OPEN. Know that coming in, just post your character in the OOC/Signup part.
Due to school schedule, I'll most likely give you guys large or open-ended missions, so that you can still RP when I'm not there.
We don't have enough for a Liutenant, but Shifts has been chosen as the Sergeant. You can keep your current loadout if you want, or switch to the Sergeant Loadout.))

Date: June 6th, 1944.

They were part of the First Wave. Second Squad, Charlie Company, 1st Armed Division. The sea was throwing a foggy haze across the English Channel as the soldiers loaded up into their landing craft.

The sea was throwing second squad back and forth inside the cramped confines of their lander. One of the men threw up from sea sickness. The sound of artilliary shells fired from the battleships behind them filled the air, along with German machine gun bullets whizzing by overhead and pinging off of the sides of their ship. The Boat Master blew his whistle. "Ground Side in 30 seconds!" (Don't go off the boat yet, just get ready)
Magic is merely science that we have yet to understand.

Optix
Grand Templar

Re: Band of Brothers (RP)

#2 Post by Optix »

Chris was on his feet and ready as soon as the call for land came.
He had all his gear on his back and his sniper in hand.

Harold was the second to stand. He double checked all his gear to make sure he had enough medical supplies on him until they could get more dropped in.
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#3 Post by JediGuy »

*Mission Objectives:
1) Secure Beachhead A
2) Secure Beachhead B
3) Move into and secure Pillboxes firing on the beach
4) Secure surrounding Trenches
5) Signal fleet that beach is clear*

*The drop-wheel begins to spin rapidly at the front of the boat. The driver blows his whistle. "Give 'em hell, boys!"

The door to the landing craft dropped, and all hell broke loose. The German machine gun emplacements were firing straight into the boat, cutting swathes into the marines. A sergeant yelled, "Jump over the sides!"

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#4 Post by JediGuy »

((Uhh, guys? That means go))

Optix
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Optix »

((yeah but I'm waiting for others to post first and I currently have exams))
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.

Shifts
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by Shifts »

Sgt Ben Logan hopped out of the boat, keeping his sniper in his right arm at his side. He ducked down to avoid the rapid firing of the pillboxes, his main priority to get the other men in the boat onto land safely. There were a few runners sprinting to safety on the beach further up, who Sgt Logan took no hesitation to sniper. He loaded his sniper rifle quickly, then took out the Jerries.

"Get moving! We're headin' to Beachhead A!! Go!" Sgt Logan cried.

Aaano
Traveler

#7 Post by Aaano »

///pre launch/// Cpl Mcallis's rests his k-pot on the buttstock of his M1 Garand, as stomach feels as if at any moment will force its contents to be discharged on the back of his buddy in front of him. "jeez i hate boats. chow actually was even pretty decent today. bad omen for us..."
Just then, a bullet pinged off the side of the landing craft. Instinctively, out of self preservation, ducks. hearing the Whistle blow of the load master, he stands up and readies his gear.

///after door drop post/// as the door drops, platoon mates up front wer cut down by strafe of pill box fire. Cpl mcallis was being pused from behind out the front of the craft and triped over a fallen comrade, falling face first into the crimson surf. "S**t, s**t, s**t! Gotta get up! Gotta find cover!"

He somehow manages to crawl over the remains of a few unlucky souls to the nearest 'Hedge Hog' barrier, dragging his rifle by is side. after taking in the grizzly sigh, he mnages to re-compose himself. searching his gear, he finds a clip of 8 rounds, racks the bolt rearwar, slams the rounds into the internal magazine, chambers a round, sets his sites on a german on the ridge line, fires a few well placed rounds, and continues crawling up to the next barrier onward towards Objective A.

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#8 Post by JediGuy »

*A German soldier falls out of the front of one of the pill boxes. Over the roar of their own gunfire, they're yelling in German.

The MG-42 rounds fly everywhere across the beach, hungrily searching for targets. They bounce off of tank blocks, sand dunes, and soldiers.

As the group slowly advances towards Objective A, a larger sand dune that offers some fire protection and acts as a wall with small razor wire loops on top of it, the Germans continue to pour the fire on. One of the unlucky targets is a man with a flamethrower. The bullet goes through him and peirces the tank he's carrying on his back (a la` Saving Private Ryan) and it explodes into a large ball of fire.

A lone soldier from another squad runs up next to Sergeant Logan. "Sir, what the f*ck do we do now, sir?!"

Aaano
Traveler

#9 Post by Aaano »

/// OOC: can we get an individual sit rep every so often, if it isnt too uch of a hassle? just so we dont end up godmodding. thnx///

Cpl mcallis makes it to the sand dune barely, after being pinned down by the MG-42 until the gunner deemed either that his target was eliminated or found one that posed a greater threat. he begins searching the beaten and attered faces of the men around him, being careful not to expose him to the whithering fire of the gun emplacements. he yells over the din of combat to the seemingly shell-shocked, but concious soldier next to him, "Have you seen charlie company, (#1-4. whichever one it is) platoon around here at all? i cant find them anywhere!"

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#10 Post by JediGuy »

Aaano wrote:/// OOC: can we get an individual sit rep every so often, if it isnt too uch of a hassle? just so we dont end up godmodding. thnx///
I guess what do you mean by individual sitrep? You want me to type out a little bit for each of you? I suppose it's manageable.

Aaano
Traveler

#11 Post by Aaano »

///like say if the group got separated, or if something specific happens to that person. al in all, ust every once n a while let us know whats going on.///

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#12 Post by JediGuy »

The soldier looks at Cpl. McAllis, and points over to where Sgt. Logan is crouched behind a sand dune.

Far off in the distance, a small popping is heard, followed by a faint whistle. Suddenly, artillery from small Howitzer cannons begins raining on the drop zone. The team will either need to move forward or be killed.

There are two choices in direction. The forward path is quicker, and, after cutting through the barbed wire, will lead to checkpoint A the fastest. However, it also places the greatest risk, exposing the team at several locations to pillbox fire.

The Right path will take longer, but it is safer, only opening up in one or two places.

Beachhead A lays about 20 yards away, a field marker denoting where it is and where the squads should form. It is surrounded by a large sand dune, offering some protection.

Optix
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Optix »

Chris moved immediately down the right path making sure he was unseen and signalling for the others to go straight so he could snipe without revealing his location.

Harold nodded and started to head straight, making sure to stay behind as he's the medic.

Shifts
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by Shifts »

Sgt Logan sat with his back to the MG-42s in front of the raised sand wall. As a member of another squad rushed up to discuss the next move. He took a peek over his shoulder and noted two pathways, one straight ahead and one to the right. Although the first path seemed it would put the whole battalion at risk, he chose the safer way.

"Anybody got a smoke? We can use it to hide oursels' from the pillbox fire! Make our way to that path on the right. Watch the sniper over there, he'll give ye directions!"

-Semper Fi- HeLLHounD
Templar

#15 Post by -Semper Fi- HeLLHounD »

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse, the harder you beat a man the taller he stands, to break a man's will, to break his pride and spirit...You have to break his mind."

Travis sat hidden off a hidden causeway near Verville and St.Come Du Mont about a mile or two from the beaches. He was alone in the darkness, having found his AT bundle in a field across the way. He took a soldiers "Cricket" who he had found bayoneted as he hung from a tree, and tried listening for any other paratroopers that might of heard him over the sound of barking AA sites in and around the bocage.

With his M9 Bazooka strapped firmly to his back he pulled a small M1A1 Carbine from his legbag and aimed it towards the sound of passing boots on the other side of the hedge.

"See, men have this idea that we can fight with dignity that there's a proper way to kill someone...it's absurd it's inestetic. We need it to endure to the bloody horror of murder."

Breathing deeply he tried to avoid moving as the footsteps of paniced boots went past him. Standing up to see he came face to face with a young German, about his age more or less. Frozen, they both starred at one another.

"You must destroy that idea, show them what a messy horrible thing it is to kill a man...Then show them you relish in it."

Instinctivly he shouldered his Carbine and squeezed the trigger, the boy slumping down into the ditch as Travis clambered over him to do the same to his friends, emptying his magazine into the 4 others who collapsed neatly as Travis ran the other way towards the beaches as a C-47 crashed in a orchard back down the road.

[LIVE!!!!]