Two Kinds of D&D Rp Sign-up/OOC

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

Two Kinds of D&D Rp Sign-up/OOC

#1 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

Take the world, races, and timeline of TwoKinds.
Then the concepts, ideas and some of the equipment of D&D
Slam them together and you get…well this Role Play thread.
One of the greatest games, with one of the greatest webcomics, what’s not to love.

Your Character

Name:
Race: (Human, Keidran, Bastian, no dragons, no magical creatures)
Languages spoken: (Druids can speak with Keidran naturally, Wizards can speak Bastain because of their education.)
Class: (Any of the basic D&D classes, no prestige classes)
Appearance: (A small paragraph or picture will do)
Oddity: (A small note on what makes your character unique, clean freak, tattoo, really likes an odd food, the little things like that.)
Generally carried items:
Weapons: (if any)
Special Item: (Like a family sword, special spell, ring, armor, something special to your character)
Special Skill (a very specific description on a skill that your character can has)
Bio: (Try and make it at least a paragraph.)

The Forum’s rules

1.2kinds Forum Rules.
2. Post like you would write a story, be detailed
3.Killing is allowed but only if the user agrees to that.
4.No Official Characters are allowed.
5. NO GODMODDING
6. Be reasonable about attacks, and no never being hit.
7. You are not a hero, you can die, and you can be outnumbered.
8. Romance is allowed, but keep it PG-13 or under please
9. No rules lawyers, they will be kicked.
10. Wizards and other people that want to use magic must have stones, sorcerers do not.
11. Clerics cannot raise dead or resurrect but they can heal fatal wounds, if they’re fast enough
12. No paladins, those are for the templar.
13. Your character must be approved by me before you are allowed to post.
14. Follow the rules and make the Rp fun for everyone

NO MULTICLASSING

Here’s Mine

Name: Hennet
Race: Human
Languages spoken: Decent Human, Keidran, no bastain
Class: Sorcerer
Appearance: 5’ 10” with a slight build that looks weak, he carries himself like he’s suspicious of the people around him. Forest green eyes, and long black hair that goes to his middle back. Green tunic and a brown leather vest, black cotton pants, and knee high tough leather boots.
Oddity: Finds it hard to trust anyone.
Generally carried items: Simple backpack, water proof cloak, flint and steel, food, journal, a couple of damp torches, simple tent, world map, compass, and a few gold coins
Weapons: Wooden quarterstaff
Special Item: A small silver ring given to him by his late father
Special Skill Can use the spell polymorph to turn into a black panther Keidran for several hours or so until he has to change back.

Bio: Hennet had a very unique upbringing to say the least, his mother unexpectedly gave birth to him in a border town on the edge of the Tiger keidran’s territory. Not even a week later the town was attacked his parents killed he was found by a young warrior that too had a son; the man picked the child up willing to shelter it. The warrior was disgusted with the way the humans treated his people because of their ignorance. He hoped that raising this child would help change the way humans saw them. Returning home he tried to explain what he was going to do to his wife, being one of the kindest hearted women in the land she stood by him. The tribe leaders were intrigued by the man’s idea, never having had an opportunity presented before them like this they agreed to let him attempt it. As the years went by the tiger and his wife had many challenges raising Hennet which they had named him. When Hennet was seven his father had already taught him many things about their tribe and Hennet had an unusual knack for picking up on things. Seeing his father practicing his magic Hennet wanted to try it too. His father chuckling he agreed to teach him, thinking that it was good for Hennet to have high goals. After teaching him how to do it Hennet’s father sat back and watched but forgetting to hand him a mana stone he tried to interrupt Hennet but before he could Hennet had launched off a small fire bolt that landed several feet short of his target and then fizzled out in the grass. Hennet’s father astonished praised him for his efforts, even though he was a bit confused. At twelve his father was an old tiger but still strong enough to teach Hennet, it had been several years since he had been introduced to the tribe’s younger members who found it fun to torment the furless Hennet. One day he was got so fed up with the names and ridicule he used all the magic he had learned up to that point to make a special spell all his own, and in font of several of them transformed into a pure black panther keidran which even by their standards was rare. After his father and mother had passed away he was now a young man, who having been told of where he had come from by his father on his death bed had set out on what he was raised to do. He set off to meet with the leaders of the humans and try to get them to come to a mutual agreement. Having to learn Human language he spent some time around border towns picking up what ever he could, eventually leaning enough to start talking to them.
TwoKinds Forum resident emo.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
Sage Asuka wrote: :D~ elves.....
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

ButterBall
Grand Templar

#2 Post by ButterBall »

Name: Chase Peake
Languages spoken: Human, Keidran
Class: Ranger
Appearance: 5’11” A young man with a moderate build, not too strong but not weak. He wears a dark brown waterproof cloak over a gray shirt and has brown pants and leather boots. He also has brown, shoulder-length, hair and dark blue eyes.
Oddity: Doesn’t talk a lot except to himself (inner monologue around people, out loud when he’s alone). Hates Templar, but doesn’t openly express it.
Generally carried items: Simple backpack, ground pad, flint and steel, food, and a small amount of gold coins.
Weapons: Crossbow (that will be mentioned below) and a hunting knife
Special Item: A crossbow he made himself and is the only reminder of his past life.
Special Skill: He’s great at tracking animals to kill for food
Bio: Chase was born and raised in a home with both a Keidran and Human family exactly on the border of the two countries. His father was a good friend and trading partner with the father of the Keidran family and had the crazy idea to move to border and raise their families their without prejudice. His father also liked the idea of having both languages spoken. One day Chase was testing his new homemade crossbow when the Templar attacked. He was too afraid to fight and watched as they killed his friends and family and destroyed his home. With nowhere to go he lived in solitude and learned how to survive in the forest. Over time he returned to civilization and now sells the extra food he catches.

How's this? I'd be happy to make any changes or fill some things in if you need me to.
*Used to be a guy people knew at one time.*
Avatar by druanderson. Some things are very NSFW.

Meteu
Traveler

#3 Post by Meteu »

can you have a pet like a bird, or a dog, or something?

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

#4 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

@ Butterball, very well done I don't see anything immediately wrong with this , Approved.

@ Meteu

It depends on who you are and your history.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#5 Post by Sable Dove »

Name: Rori Steig.
Race: Human.
Languages spoken: Human, some Keidran, no Basitin.
Class: Warrior.
Appearance: She is short (5'4" / 1.63 m), and muscular (~160 Lbs / 72.6 kg), but she's still obviously female if seen without her over-clothes. Her red-brown hair is cropped roughly to a few inches long. Her eyes are sea-green, flecked with brown.
She typically wears a hand-me-down red robe trimmed with black and embroidered with a black rose on the left chest, and a wide, black sash. Under this, she wears a pair of black britches, soft-leather knee-boots, and light leather armour on her chest and back.
Oddity: Acts male, though she isn't delusional about it; becomes uncomfortable around rivers and lakes and the like for no apparent reason.
Generally carried items: Sewing kit in a small knapsack on her back along with a small leather sac with which to hold her moneys.
Weapons: Backsword (blade is (very) dulled on the front edge and sharp on the reverse edge and tip [essentially a club on the fore-swing and longsword on the back-swing])
Special Item: A small, carbuncle amulet worn either around her neck or her left wrist; a family heirloom of sorts.
Special Skill: Fights with both hands (sword in right, punches/grabs with left) (Improved Unarmed Strike & Two-weapon Fighting)

Bio: Rori's mother died giving birth to her on their farm near the border between human and Keidran lands, and her father had always wanted a son, so Rori filled the role as best she could, though never completely. when she was old enough, her father taught Rori how to fight, though he taught her almost exclusively how to defend herself, with very little offense. This came in more than handy, naturally, when on several occasions, they were attacked; sometimes by Keidran, and others, by human brigands. After her father died of old age, Rori knew she wouldn't be able to take care of the farm. She sold the farm for whatever she could get, considering the closeness to Keidran lands, to begin life anew as a sell-sword - particularly as a bodyguard to merchants with more goods than they could handle, Human and Keidran alike. Through all of this, she simply never stopped acting like a boy, and most employers never bothered to notice that she wasn't. Those few that did, either didn't notice until after they were finished, at which point the issue was moot, or they realized beforehand, and refused her services, which were then promptly offered to anyone who wanted to do that person harm - brigands are rarely so picky when they get skilled help. She often accepts payments in the form of goods, and later sells them to make her money; enough to live by, but nothing spectacular.

A few questions, though they have no bearing on whether I'd like to join.
1) How close are we adhering to D&D rules (i.e. are you, going to make skill checks for actions, or is it pretty much what a person wants to do gets done)
2) If so, are you arbitrating racial traits for the races?
3) How much about D&D are the RPers required to know? (I've got the books and a fairly good understanding, but only in theory, really)
4) Are there going to be actual dungeons, or is that only in name? (I'm just sayin': there haven't exactly been many dungeons in Twokinds to date)

(that last question, I was just kidding, by the way)
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

Very good Dove, interesting character design, but you don't have to put the D&d feats. This Rp is about applying the general concepts of D&D, like classes and keeping it to a reasonable standard. Like say a fighter wants to learn magic, it would be a lot harder for them to learn than say a bard.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#7 Post by Sable Dove »

Keaoden wrote:Very good Dove, interesting character design, but you don't have to put the D&d feats. This Rp is about applying the general concepts of D&D, like classes and keeping it to a reasonable standard. Like say a fighter wants to learn magic, it would be a lot harder for them to learn than say a bard.
Thanks. ^-ˆ-^ Is that an 'approved,' then?

I only included the feats just in case, I didn't expect them to be necessary, really. Better safe than sorry, though.
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

#8 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

You are approved welcome to the Rp.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

Lohti
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Lohti »

hmmmm..... Don't know the twokinds world that much (don't read the comic - artistic jealousy) but the promise of D&D has lured me in like an abused spouse.

Name: Zenith Moonraker (A.K.A. the "Silver Demon")
Age: 20 human years (are they different than Bastian years?)
Race: Bastian
Languages spoken: Bastian, some rough keidran, considers the human language too foul to utter.
Class: Fighter
Appearance: Standing at 5'2", and weighing 165 lbs, Zenith would give someone, at first sight, the image of savage beauty. Her hair is waist-length (do bastian have hair color?), and her eyes are a vibrant blue. Her body is lithe and throbbing with power with every move, and her tribe's choice of clothing for the more agile warriors being little more than a bikini doesn't help her blend in with "Civilized" society.
Oddity: hates humans, terrible etiquette
Generally carried items: Her weapon, a pack of nessessities, and a utility belt, from which she hangs a canteen for water and other liquids, some rope, and other useful items.
Weapons: A Scythe specially crafted from materials by her tribe.
Special Item: the Scythe
Special Skill: She is deadly agile, being one of the best from her tribe, and this goes hand-in-hand with her weapon of choice.
Bio:

Zenith was of the now-extinct Lungazer tribe, who roamed the distant plains, took in stragglers and shunned modern society, believing it to be possessed by demons. She had been adopted by a kindly human named Benerus, who had decided to keep his old name when he joined the tribe.

She was constantly picked on for her lust for training rather than sewing or farming, as was the custom in the tribe, but it was not a severe enough discrepancy to warrant her removal.

At the age of 17, the tribe was wiped out by templars, who claimed that the tribe had engaged them in combat. The majority of them were humans, and from this Zenith's rage against humans was born as she saw them wreak havoc. She had, herself, just been returning from a hunting and had the common sense to hide before being seen.

Now she is seeking some way to extract revenge on the templars, and has been going after them for three years now, killing off any she finds in a brutal an uncivilized manner.
The Book: In the beginning the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has widely been considered as a bad move.
The Book: Presidents don't have power, their purpose is to draw attention away from it.

Blue62
Master

#10 Post by Blue62 »

never played D&D so expect a lot of discrepancies to clear up.....

Name: Maxmillian 'Max' Boreal
Race: human
Languages spoken: english (human?)
Class: Fighter (if my description doesn't fit this class let me know and I'll change it)
Appearance:
Height: 6"
Weight: 150lbs
Hair Style: short cut, long down the back
Colour: white
Length: 1-6 inches
Eye style/colour: gold with silver flecks
Clothing description: black robe, with a deep hood and wide sleeves

Oddity: (A small note on what makes your character unique, clean freak, tattoo, really likes an odd food, the little things like that.)
Generally carried items: sword, a backpack of food with a large bottle of water attached to the side
Weapons: Plasma Saber (or a double bladed katana style sword if plasma isn't permitable)
Special Item:
Special Skill: the ability to fly, but only to an altitude of 50 feet above the ground
Bio: Born in a small village, he grew up lspending as much time in the forest as possible. Once day while he was playing with some keidran who lived nearby a band of raiders swept through and killed severla people in the village. His father was crippled from the attack and walked with a limp there after. Driven by the instinct that he would aveng his peaceful little village, Max sought out a sword the next time some traders were in town and began practising. Twenty years ago, he left the village and set out on his quest. Guided by a crude description of the raider leader, he wanderd throughout the country side, hiring himself out as a mercenary, handyman and general laborer.
No warrior should allow his weapons to rust.
Let me cure your infection, it pains me to share it.

If you can't run, you crawl. If you can't do that....well you know the rest...

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

Lohti your character is decent, but I see a few difficulties in the future.
Approved

Blue62, there a quite a bit of holes in your character

1. Please switch your weapon to the double bladed katana
2. Flying?! I really don't see that happening. Maybe he can jump really high but no where near 50 ft.
3. Max age of a human in this era is 40, your guy would look like Gandalf only older.
4. Not everyone has to have a revenge plot as a reason to leave their home, some could want to travel, money, or love, revenge is usually used for those that lost everything not just a father that got a limp.

Please re-think your character and change it.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

Chaosye
Grand Templar

#12 Post by Chaosye »

Name: Richevosky Leokin
Languages spoken: Decent Human, Very Basic Bastian and Keidran
Class: Templar/Wizard
Appearance: He wears the obligatory black and white Templar robes that go down to his ankles and he wears round glasses. He has an awful lot of yellow stains all over the robes though, probably from the cheese he always eats. He is relatively pale and slim. He has good teeth, hazel eyes, and a light brown hair. He also is very tall. Normally wears black shoes that are dotted with yellow from melted cheese.
Oddity: He loves cheese. He cannot go longer than 2 days without it otherwise he goes insane. He's often mocked about this too.
Generally carried items: Since he uses magic, he normally just carries a small pack of mana crystals,maps for travelling, and a belt with a variety of things. And he also carries an insane amount of cheese with him everywhere he goes. Cause he's that crazy.
Weapons: He carries a light dagger just in case.
Special Item: He has a black metal rounded family heirloom that he wears as a necklace. The heirloom has a round ruby right in the middle of it. He says it helps him use magic.
Special Skill: He can make lightning strike down in any place, but it uses a bunch of mana since it's a very powerful spell.
Bio: He was born in a large town in a wealthy family. He had a Keidran slave which he was very good friends with, and was taught basic Keidran by him. At a young age, he joined the Templar, wanting to learn magic. He successfully learned said magic, and found out many secrets about people and learned some Bastian language just in case. He loved to explore around his town at a young age and when he got out of training at a facility, he went around, exploring the entire Human Region, but he stayed away from the Bastian or Keidran Region since he was kind of afraid.

Did I do i right?

Lohti
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Lohti »

well, I figured a good bit of character to add to her, since she's the only non-human so far, would be a resentment to everyone else in the party and the inability to speak the same language, since so far she is also the only one who can speak Bastian.

and the revenge plot's probably best for her, considering she's a tribal-type warrior, she's probably not very interested in gold, jewels or other things, and the only reason she has to travel is because humans kiled her tribe (which is why she hates them.)

Also, I may ask: why is everyone but me playing a human?
The Book: In the beginning the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has widely been considered as a bad move.
The Book: Presidents don't have power, their purpose is to draw attention away from it.

Chaosye
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Chaosye »

People like Human?
I was thinking of Keidran, but I don't know how to make a wizard Keidran.

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

Chaosye just two things, one, the cheese templar............
and two add just a bit more detail in the bio, but you can do that later

Approved.

And Lohti, Hennet is a human that thinks hes a Keidran, which reminds me I should change it a tiny bit so he can stay a keidran longer.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero