Characters Thread

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

A.J./Kho
Grand Templar

#196 Post by A.J./Kho »

Name; Sheni Thornshank
Gender; Male
Race;Keidran
Age; 10-human years.
Personality; Loyal to his friends, clueless to danger.

My basic sheet, it can adapt easily.
On Christmas 2009, Closing fast on New Year's Day, Kholhaus the Great came back

But who knows for how long? Not we, the faithful. We watch and wait. For the annoying noob to go away.

Deathwing
Traveler

#197 Post by Deathwing »

Arachnion: This is my first try. I did want to be a writer at one point but never really tried my hand at it. Thank you!

Raphael: Ok, I see what you mean about the Batman type. I should have guessed it was probably something that was done way to much already. Chalk that up to a newb mistake. I will try to think of a more compelling hisoty.

Talonmaster Zso: I see your point about the age. I was trying to portray that he isn't old and drepit. I will think of some better wording that isn't quite so specific. Maybe I will try to think of something a little more original than the loss of a loved one. I was thinking more along the lines of Stormbringer was the one who killed like the only person he cared about as a consequence of his search for greater power. I guess that has probably been done to death as well.

So overall the message I am getting is that I need to be more specific about Stormbringer's history to avoid being to cliche in a way. Thanks all for the input!
Apiring Photographer, Chad Morse
http://chadtmorse.deviantart.com/

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#198 Post by Raphael »

i wasn't criticizing you or anything, but i think that the unknown parts in a character thread is sorta frowned upon here.

you did a good job for a beginner, you just need a backstory instead of trying to make him completely mysterious.

Deathwing
Traveler

#199 Post by Deathwing »

I took it as constructive critism :D. Like I said I am new to this and any friendly input is welcome! I tried to flesh it out a bit more but its late and my mind is shutting down (hmm maybe that is the best time to attempt these things lol). At anyrate, even just coming up with the charater has been fun so far.
Apiring Photographer, Chad Morse
http://chadtmorse.deviantart.com/

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#200 Post by Raphael »

yeah, i developed my first one over the newbie threads (the fantasy version). it was only recent that i added the link between him and my female character. it only takes a few weeks on the newbie thread to get your base character down.

i think my female character is more developed in the story whereas my male characters (excluding the real world style) are more developed in their abilities and weapons.

cant wait to see the final result of your character, let us know when he's completely edited.

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

#201 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

so, some of you may have been reading the story my sig mentions (which, by the way, has a new scene with mike edited into my last post), and I figured I'd post some of the characters here, along with my notes on making them.

Name: Aaron Hart AKA Captain Universe
Appearance: Aaron is not particularly fit, but he's not out of shape either. He has blonde hair and blue eyes, and is caucasian. Like many heroes, he just wears a blue shirt and pants while working, because they look at least ten times more badass than spandex.
Powers/Skills: Aaron has touch-based telekinesis, which allows him to use the standard "Flying Brick" powers when he needs to-flight, nigh invunerability, super speed, super strength. Assuming he took time to refine his skills, he could freeze or burn things with his touch and cause massive explosions just by thinking about it.
Bio: Aaron is one of the five members of SHMA team alpha, which resides in new york city, one of two "red zones" in the U.S. His powers first started showing up in highschool, and a race began between U.S. government and SHMA forces to recruit him. He went with SHMA, figuring that his duty was to the world. Eventually he was married to his teamate Karen, who was then killed by Dr. Romanov during the Scotland incident.

Now, Aaron is the resident superman clone and one of the world's greatest heroes. His team was built to beat the crap out of Dr.Romanov and his gang, so I had to throw up some obstacles so that they didn't just win-in this case, it was his emotacular phase at the start of the story, followed up by
Spoiler!
. I wanted to give the other heroes a chance, and since Aaron has no kryptonite, it was a bit interesting to come up with ways for the doctor to stop him, which led to what I hope will be a Crowning Moment Of Awesome for the doctor. Once I actually write it.
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#202 Post by Raphael »

ok Arach. i have a quick question. what is it with you and giving your characters these self-proclaimed titles?

Templar Inner Circle

#203 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

he's a superhero...like Clark Kent AKA Superman, Jean Grey AKA Pheonix, etc, etc.
Iwaku
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#204 Post by Raphael »

................ah.

i thought it was a routine thing, seeing as your redemption character has her own title ((that is almost never used))

===edit===

latest created character, i'm becoming more and more original ^_^

here he ((and occasionally she)) is:

Name: Tobias ((Tobi for short)), Tabitha in female form.
Race: Incubus (initially)
Height: 5'11" ((male)), 5'9" ((female))
Weight: 165lb ((male)), 147lb ((female))
Appearance: Male / Female (standard appearance is male unless told otherwise during roleplay.)
Special Abilities: when he has his wings out, he can fly great heights and distances.
Demonic Abilities: Being (mostly) an incubus, he can control the elements, can read minds, can enter peoples dreams, and require little, to no amount of sleep.
Special items: None.
Alignment: Demons (prefers to keep demonic status hidden when possible)
Story: around 325 years ago, he learned that he was an Incubus when his wings sprouted from his body on his 21st birthday. people distanced themselves from Tobias, thinking that he may try to kill them one day. despite this, he stayed true to his human lifestyle, and lived his life to the fullest. it wasn't long until he realized that he had to have sex quite a bit more often than he had to before his wings came out.

so far he's been living fine, aside from the heartache of watching mortal friends age and die around him. he currently works as the local blacksmith for a village resting near the main city, but on occasion, he can be found competing in an underground fighting league.

Personality: Male: a bit of an overconfident daredevil at times, he lives life without regrets, and likes to take risks, which usually result in him breaking something. Female: a flirt, she can get guys to fight each other for no reason if she felt like it. she plans her moves carefully, and waits for the time to strike. ((Tobias rarely changes into a female)).

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#205 Post by Raphael »

sorry for the double post, but i'm making my sci-fi character more original; along the lines of giving him a different name.

Name: Rocky Pardalis

Race: Panther Neko

Height: 5',11"

Weight 173.5 lbs

General Description: A human with some physical characteristics like that of a panther; he has a tail, cat ears, and his hands are sharp claws (his claws still look like human hands, think of what Inuyasha's hands are like). Leanly built with defined muscles instead of built ones, he wears pants with an opening in the back for his tail. On his claws he wears grey gloves. he has gray sneakers, with black and red designs on them *Special Items category*. on his back is a sheathe for one of his two swords.

Special Items: his sneakers are actually Soap Shoes. special plates are placed on the bottom of the soles where the foot arches up. these plates allow grinding on rails without a skateboard or rollerblades; useful when running from someone when there's a flight of stairs ahead (these shoes are real, i've checked).

Story he was born with his animal traits, no one knows how, or why. because of these "special" qualities, he was often ridiculed by others, sometimes even being called a freak. when he turned 19 his life changed for the worse, someone had finally pushed him too far. his anger toward that person triggered something primal, something......Feral inside of him. his instincts took over, and there was nothing but bloodshed around him. he could've killed his family, if they hadn't snapped him out of it in time. when he saw what he did he ran away, despite his parent's wishes to help him. he joined a variety of dojos to learn how to defend himself in a fight, learning some weapons training in a dojo that teaches kenjutsu. he now wanders the streets of various towns, looking for a place where he can be accepted, and not shut out from others. one night he was hit by something that altered his bio structure, by sheer thought he could manipulate the shadows around him and could make them dense enough to use as weapons. after a while he mastered this and uses it to his advantage should he need to use it.

Personality: although he is kind at heart and will help someone in danger, Rocky has a hard time opening up to others. he doesn't want anyone else to be hurt because of his "anger management problems". Growing up through years of prejudice directed towards him has made him a bit rude at times. but get on his good side and he'll treat you with respect and risk his own safety for yours.

Fighting style: A brawler; he relies mostly on kicks, he can however fight with his hands. Some karate training (basic defense skills); karate was pretty much the only hand-to-hand fighting style that somewhat stuck. he also has single and double sword style kenjutsu experience when he trained in the dojo.

Weapons: Rocky has 2 weapons that he brings into battle; two swords, one normal, the other artificial the weapons that he wields are as follows:

-Hunter's Fang: A sword that he hand crafted himself

-Darkside: look under Abilities list

Strengths: utilizes speed in most of his battles, he only relies on power when needed.
Rocky Feral Mode increases his natural abilities (speed, strength, reflexes, and senses).
his Shadow abilities make Rocky more powerful, and give him more weapons for his arsenal in battle (in a manner of speaking).

Weaknesses: sometimes quick to anger, which will trigger his Feral Mode, lowering his rationality.
the Dark abilities that he uses makes him weaker, each time he uses them. the amount of fatigue depends on how much he uses his power.

Abilities

<Feral Mode>: he was born with this ability. when Rocky becomes angered to a certain extent, he will become a rabid beast <so to speak>. his senses heighten, his movements will become twice as fast, and more unpredictable. and his attacks are double in power. the downside to this form, however, is that he loses the ability to think rationally. he still has control over what he does, but his instincts influence his actions, making it hard to know when he has to stop.

Elemental
<Shadow Power> Rocky has the ability to manipulate shadows, he created a variety of abilities that he uses in his battles to increase his chances of winning. Although these abilities are very strong and can deal an immense amount of damage, it weakens him for a period of time whenever he uses them. if he overexerts himself, he may even pass out:

-Shadow Pulse: with a swipe of his hand, he can send a 5 foot wide wave of dark energy toward his opponent (the angle of the wave is the same as the angle that Rocky used when using Shadow Pulse). he can control how dangerous the attack can be (whether he wants it to be a slicing attack or an attack just to push the enemy back) by altering the shadow to make it dense (physical instead of visual, so that it can cause physical damage)

-Darkside: when Rocky is unarmed, or has Hunter's Fang in hand, he can summon a black bladed sword resembling a combination of a scimitar and a broadsword into his left hand (the blade is 2.5 feet long) that he can use for single or double sword style fighting (this disables all use of Shadow Pulse until Darkside is called back). he can throw this sword at an enemy and call it back to his hand (like the strike raid ability that Sora had in the first KH game). due to this, Darkside is considered a semi-projectile weapon.

-Shadow slide: Rocky has the ability to travel from place to place safely by using the shadows around him. anywhere that is touched by a shadow is a gateway for him to the "Shadow world". However, he can't travel between separate shadows, giving him limited access to the shadow world until he emerges to enter another shadow.

Regenerative:
Shadow Recovery By wrapping a shadow around an injured area of his body, he can mend any wound within seconds. athough he hasn't lost any limbs yet, Rocky also has the ability to manipulate shadows to reattach, or recreate any body parts that were forcibly removed. it has yet to have been attempted but he can heal other people the same way by taking them into the shadow with him. it is yet to have been tested on other people for multiple person use.

Picture

Templar Inner Circle

#206 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

this makes me tempted to try at making a RP based off of my story again. But I generally frown on using the same character for more than one thing.
Iwaku

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#207 Post by Raphael »

Arachnion wrote:this makes me tempted to try at making a RP based off of my story again. But I generally frown on using the same character for more than one thing.
i could understand that.

Extorio
Templar GrandMaster

#208 Post by Extorio »

Ermm, I tend to RP as many different characters, depending which RP it is...

However, here is my normal, Medievil(sp?), sword slashing, lance thrusting character.

Name: The Exile A.K.A Ex/X
Height: 6"1', yes even if the age changes the height doesn't lol
Weight: I'm no good with weight so I just leave this blank lol
Appearence: Ex wears very dirty and worn out clothing. Namely a, black cotton shirt, with string tying the v-neck collar, though he usually has this un-done. His shirts sleeves are always rolled up or perhaps they aren't long enough (depends on time). His pants are black leather with a thick black belt holding them up. Ex wears black buckled boots, made of leather on his feet. He sometimes wears black, fingerless gloves but only sometimes. Ex's hair is shoulder length and blonde (like Sigfrieds from Soul Calibar). He has a large brown leather strap coming over his right shoulder that goes across his chest and underneath his left arm. Attatched to that is a large Zweihander that has a skelatal motif.
Bio: Ex is an Exile, as his name suggests. At the age of 15 he 'ascended', granting him the powers of a demi-god. At that time he forgot everything about his past and as such he learned that he had a goal to kill the Emporer of the Empire that he was living in. The Emporer is really a demon in human form and in all of his past lives Ex has tried to kill this demon.
Demi-God mode: In his demi-god form, Ex's hair grows to his waist (SSJ3 style lol) and turns blood red. His eyes also turn blood red and his speed increases dramatically, allowing him to move faster than the speed of light. To give you an idea of his speed, he could run around this Earth in about 10-11 seconds. He gains no other abilities than that, other than a magic power increase.
Personality: For being exiled from every city in the empire, Ex hates everyone and everything.

Yeah kinda lame I know but if you read the original piece of writing he is from, he's much cooler lol.

doombringer253

#209 Post by doombringer253 »

name:axle
Height: 6"1'
Weight: I'm no good with weight so I just leave this blank |D
look: (like my avatar lol |D )
bio: he's been looking for a girl just like him(half cat half human )and loves to sleep
enraged:when angered too much he gets enraged a sword will appear in his hand his cat ears will disepear and horns will replace and he will have glowing red eyes them he will turn back to norrmal after he slaghters what made him angry or if some one close calls his name(a best freind, ect.)

sorry for it being so short :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

bridgebrain
Citizen

#210 Post by bridgebrain »

Ok, here's my first attempt:

Name: Elias Connor
Technical age: 17
Actual Age: 20
Height: 6'0
Weight: 200-220, depending on form chosen
Look: Wears a navy blue version of Cloud's outfit (FFVII: Advent Children) A medium white, but has a farmers tan. Wears a black glove on his left hand, for reasons to be explained later. Has a small phoenix emblem on his hand, possibly a tattoo, possibly a birthmark. Strong muscles hidden by a petite frame. Barrel chest. Covered lightly in hair on arms, legs and chest. Short black beard cut neatly. Long curly brown hair extending to the top of his shirt. Green piercing eyes with orange glints. Long eyebrows, not bushy but thick. Has a few small scars from his younger days right at the edge of his brow. Wears a smirk, hiding his true feelings rain or shine. Wears these steel toed boots: http://www.captaindaves.com/shop/media/boots-R5052.jpg

Bio: Though he didn't discover his powers for the first 15 years of his life, he had always had them. They affected him without his realization: the weather always changed around him in strange patterns, when he was angry suddenly others became fearful, he could walk up to any animal with no fear of attack, he never broke any bones, and he could always guess what was about to happen. When he turned 15, he went to a school of completely different ideals and beliefs. He opened his mind and many doors where opened for him. It was then that he started to notice his powers. Though they were small, he could sense changes when he willed them. He then began to understand the icy chill that went from his spine into his entire body, and then left, that had come and gone randomly since birth. He now understood why he was suddenly drained of all energy whenever he was forced to push himself physically. He began testing his newfound abilities and found that he could control the speed of time, change the luck and probability of a certain person or object with the wave of a hand, sense minutes into the future, hear certain people from long distances away, and control technology with a touch of his finger. These powers came painfully and slowly, all the time draining him of strength and time. It was at this point that he met Her; a girl in who the sun shone like day, even in the dullest florescent lighting. Her laughter caused his heart to skip a beat, if not two. He was far too shy and inexperienced in social behavior to talk to her normally. Once she joined her friends in insulting him, to which he returned a stuttered, "Oh yeah? Well it's a good thing we're going through Roswell! I'm the museum!(?!)" He was ashamed by his comeback, and sulked the next few hours by playing tetherball in the icy temperatures, tearing the skin of his hands apart as he played. She noticed him and took pity. She came over and apologized. They truly met that day, even though they had known each other for years. In this moment he was truly happy, and ever since has tried to return to that state. He rededicated his life to serving his God because of her kindness. His powers jumped into overdrive, increased by his reignited soul, causing his body and mind to accelerate much faster than the world around him. This caused sudden levels of maturity that he wasn't ready for, adding to his awkward behavior and therefor his hidden rage. He unleashed it upon a friend in front of Her, and she never looked at him the same. He left that night in tears, for he felt what was to come.

Its two years later, however, for him it has been 5. She no longer talks to him, due to many incidents that followed. He no longer strives for her attention, but is still cut deep when he say's "Hello." and gets "the look". Because of his acceleration, he has learned what he needed to and graduated a year early. His powers are locked where they are, at a level that can do very little in a larger world. He contents himself to stop water from falling out of cups onto the floor, making the week players get the ball from the best, and shrouding the surrounding area with a peace and eerie calm. Because of his power over technology, he has mastered photoshop, as well as made a reputation for himself as a technician. He's discovered a power of empathy, and uses it combined with his knowledge of psychology to read people. He also has discovered the power to see into someones soul, and from this can sense depression, anger, and angst. Unfortunately, both the empathy and soul reading don't work on all people, and can easily be misinterpreted based on his emotions. Because of this, he sealed his emotions, and has yet to return them.

The year is now 2012, and it is December 21, the day of the Mayan calenders prediction for the end of the world. On this day, many are wiped out in a nuclear explosion due to a seemingly malfunctioning computer. All but one are killed: Elias. His powers shielded him, but all else is lost. In a desperate attempt to stop this event, he uses all of his strength to jump back to the year 2008, on August 22. When the jump is complete, all of his power is unlocked, and he knows exactly how to use them, for he's been practicing for this day. Among his new powers are control of fire, summoning of two of these blades: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z208 ... rBlade.png on the sides of his arms, and the power to change his form at will.

Weapons: Two of these blades http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z208 ... rBlade.png that Elias can summon at will. They come out of the sides of his armsand are about 2'6" in length 7" in width and 1" in depth. These blades are of an unknown metal, and cannot be damaged, or have yet to be at least. When summoned, Elias can charge headfirst with his spread, allowing him to run quickly, slicing through all who are unlucky enough to fall into the blades. He can also use fire on them, turning the solid blades into sharpened infernos.

Form 1: Warrior. Same as normal form, but increased in muscle and size (6'2") Is much stronger, but slows down considerably.

Form 2: Dark. Becomes one with the shadows, though retaining his shape. Can transform out of this form very quickly, but loses strength when doing so. Also can summon shadow blades that cut into the soul when in this form.

Form 3: Paladin/light. While in this form, Elias glows considerably, possibly even blinding opponents. His summon weapon becomes this:http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z208 ... eshell.jpg, the Thunderforce. His hair becomes white and his clothing glimmers like gold. Aside from this, his appearance remains unchanged. In this form, he can hadouken. He can also purify a persons spirit from the touch of the world around them. All demons flee from his touch. He can only access this form while he's completely in sync with God's will. The second he steps out of bounds, the form fades from him.

Abilities: Control of the flow of time, telekinesis, technopathic, empathy, form shift, control of the weather, control of fire, summoning blades, peace cast, prediction, probability control.

Weaknesses: Elias has a lot of trouble with his emotions. Though they are currently locked away, they surface without warning. His main troubles are lust and rage, and when they come out, he must use every piece of strength left in him to keep them at bay, leaving him open to attack.

Credits:
Dual summon blades
http://www.collectedcurios.com/sequentialart.php?s=180
Thunderforce
http://ghostontheshell.deviantart.com/a ... s-64890815

Not bad for a first time eh?