Twokinds Industrial: Mana Crystals and Smoky Skies

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

NotThatJon
Traveler

Re: Twokinds Industrial: Mana Crystals and Smoky Skies

#46 Post by NotThatJon »

As the Adrakist lobbed more fireballs towards the ship, and as Crowley began checking the defenses, Zachary began considering what he could do to aid them. His magic wasn't going to help, he wasn't even sure if he could create fire. Looks like I'll have to find something else. His attention turned to the dock's lighthouse. Huh, maybe I can get some use out of this.

He entered the lighthouse and began looking around. Surely there must be something useful here... He shifted around some crates until he stumbled across one labeled "Emergency Equipment." He opened it and started looking through its contents. Let's see... life vests, first-aid kits, flares, an- wait, flares? Zachary had an idea. He grabbed the flares and ran up the stairs of the lighthouse. If I can shoot some of these into the sails, perhaps I can burn them up. They can't go anywhere without those sails.

Zachary took aim, and shot the first of the flares. It soared through the air, but missed the boat entirely, falling into the water. Either these aren't made for accurate shooting or I'm an awful shot... Nonetheless, he continued shooting more flares. The next flare landed on the deck, but this had little affect. The same happened with the next. The fourth, from what Zachary could tell, hit one of the wolves. He continued shooting. Another in the water, another on the deck, yet another in the water, until finally one of the flares lodged itself into the ropes supporting a sail. Yes! Finally! As the flare sat there, the ropes began to smoke. Ecstatic, Zachary continued in his bombardment, increasing his rate of fire. As the flares rained down, Zachary couldn't help but shout "<How do ya like the taste of your own medicine, you punks!>"
I apologize in advance for my unfunny shenanigans.

Here :keith: comes, rougher than the rest of them - the best of them - tougher than leather.

RowanEx
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#47 Post by RowanEx »

"And... now they're throwing fireballs at each other. Nyaaah!?" Samantha dodged a fireball that went to her direction. The Human-Fox Keidran sighed before looking at the fireball at it had struck a tree. "Well... that is just awful." She faced the town and raised up her rifle to watch up close.

She saw how everyone was doing, having taken interest at those who were retailiating. She then pointed her scope to the ships, seeing how the assassins were tying to defend themselves. She lowered her rifle and looked over to the route that lead deeper inland and decided if she should take a trip out.

"And leave everyone here to die?" Sam told herself. "No no, Sam, find a way to help. But what am I going to help with? I'm merely a coffee-deprived marksman from the north." She looked at the town and raised her rifle to the ships and randomly shot. Should that hit something, it would be a miracle.

Samantha faced then sat within a safe distance near her items. At least she had something of an entertainment.
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#48 Post by SirJahar »

The winds from the runs fanned the flames on the sails, feeding them into a torrent, not that the assassins cared. It wasn't their ship, merely a way to maximize their destruction. As the fire started to drip onto the deck, they began to flee, the last setting the powder store to blow as they hopped into a lifeboat. The ship erupted in the early pre-dawn light as they fled. In their wake they left at least half the town ablaze, and many dozens of cannon-holes in the buildings. Their raid had been more effective than planned, even if it had cost them a few men.

Back on land, the guard had mobilized to try to douse the flames, though it was a losing battle as the fires spread. The captain was rapidly beginning to look for someone to blame.

The local sea-defenses had never been much. A rapart here, a lookout tower there, the closest thing to a fort was half-completed 20 years ago had been abandoned and left to decay. Only one gun even remained, and it was a rusty hulk of a weapon, a massive 10-incher cast in bronze. A few rounds of ball shot remained, too heavy for the average looter, though powder was nowhere in sight. Any bows or arrows had long since been looted, burned, or rotted.

Down on the docks, the blast-wave from the ship going up washed over those gathered there.

"Councilman! Sir!!
I'm no fighting man. I make weapons, not use them.
And while I hate to leave these people to die by the hands of those cures... I am a coward, sir." Markus tried to explain as he looked over to the wolf-human hybrid. His face looked pleading as he spoke. As he tried to say more, the sound of the blast reached them.

Butterscotch
Master

#49 Post by Butterscotch »

Crowley sighed upon reaching the gun, disappointment on his face. Perhaps his ideals were outdated? Or was honour just a thing of the past? He looked out to the sea, watching the fleeing assassins on their lifeboat before it clicked in his brain.

[THAT'S A HUGE WAVE! RUN!]

And with that, he set off on a sprint for the clock tower.
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

zackepic22

#50 Post by zackepic22 »

"..." The Councilor sighed a bit, and looked back out the stables...Frowning. Not only was there that blasting noise, but- "...Why is absolutely no one trying to help with the fires?"

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#51 Post by Lief »

Keers had managed to get the attention of several folks who, somehow, weren't yet awake, and added them to the handful of buckets chains around town. At some point, she had also ended up directing a small group of bewildered guards, despite her inability to speak, into checking homes and businesses to make sure nobody was trapped.

Several good deeds having been done for the day, and the tide turning against them (Quite literally, in fact.), Keers decided to vacate the town. A horse might be useful. If only she had one.

She entered the stables a few minutes later and started saddling a horse. During this process she noticed that a few others were in the stables, apparently not doing anything. She made several vague gestures in their direction to indicate that they should probably be doing something. Like saddling a horse.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#52 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

"Oi, you're supposed to stay on the ship" He yelled at the assassins in human, as the light from the fire showed them jumping off. "How is a man supposed to kill someone if they run away?"
SirJahar wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 3:37 amDown on the docks, the blast-wave from the ship going up washed over those gathered there.
"<well, that worked better than expected, but now...>" he ran away from the docks as to not get potentially swept to sea. at least it may help with the fires.

(Sorry, drawing blanks, this is all I can think of)

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#53 Post by Ketzal »

Edmil Frostpaw wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:16 pm "I sincerely hope that you are not planning on leaving just yet. Many of those people out there don't deserve ta die, simply because two of the worst powers on the continent are at each other's necks..."
Bael looked to the hybrid and watched the exchange between him and the snow wolf, letting out a frustrated sigh. Hell in a handbasket, we do NOT have time for this!

“Councillor, with whatever respect is due to you, this isn’t the time to play heroics. If anything, it sounds like you are just the man…” he looked at his arms and ears and stuttered, “... er, wolf-man of considerable position to be getting the hell out of here post-haste.” He heard a rustling sound and turned to find one of the basitins from the inn already saddling up one of the horses. “She’s got the right idea. Whoever’s survived this attack is probably evacuating the city right now. Which we should be doing. Right now.”

NotThatJon
Traveler

#54 Post by NotThatJon »

Zachary saw the others flee from the surging waters.

I'm probably safe up here on this lighthouse, but I really don't want to be left alone... ah geese, wait up!

Zachary went to leave the safety of the lighthouse. He ran down the stairs and out the door, before beginning his attempt to catch up with Crowley and Rikter.
I apologize in advance for my unfunny shenanigans.

Here :keith: comes, rougher than the rest of them - the best of them - tougher than leather.

RowanEx
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#55 Post by RowanEx »

Samantha looked over the waters and blinked in surprise. If she could just use magic...

She immediately shook the thoughts aside and ran. She is playing it safe today.
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#56 Post by SirJahar »

At the stables, the horses were getting restless form the sens of impending doom that came over them and the arguing.
While out in the city, the guardsmen were struggling to control the blaze even with the aid of the townspeople. The templar ran through the bucket line, unconcerned for the people. One of them spotted the Adrakist, and hollers for some of his brother's in the order to aid him as he rushes the "Fake Dragon".
One of the guards spots Sam, and yells at her. 'You there, woman! Help us with the fires before they consume the town!"

MArkus saddles up two horses, handing the reigns of one to the councilman. "Sir, we need to get out of here. As a citizen of the Republic, I'll do what I can to help you escape alive, but I'm not charging into that inferno." He glares at the bard. "Hurry up. You don't want to be here when they come looking to point fingers, either. You just spent the morning consorting with keidran, after all."

Butterscotch
Master

#57 Post by Butterscotch »

Once he made it to the clock tower, he checked the time. "[Everyone should have been here 10 minutes ago!]"

Looking through the town, he could see a fresh wave of templars moving through and harassing the adrakist. If he's gonna die in a burning village, he's gonna die fighting in a burning village. And with that, he charges at the templar foe.
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

zackepic22

#58 Post by zackepic22 »

He frowns a bit...But nods, and saddles up on one of the horses, waiting for the wolf before he'd exit the stable.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#59 Post by Lief »

Keers stared blankly at the... Blacksmith? Yes, blacksmith, for a moment. Then she shook her head and pointed towards another horse in the stable. Then another, and another. As if to say that there were any number of likely now ownerless horses, and that he should take whichever he pleased. She had, after all.

She then mounted up, with minor difficulty due to her stature, and walked the horse outside. She briefly considered waiting for the others, but when Keers saw what was going on she quickly abandoned that idea. The Templar weren't happy. And, as it turned out, she was riding a horse with the Templar brand on its flank. And a Templar saddle on it. Keers spurred the horse into a gallop, heading out of town as quick as her new mount could take her.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#60 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

SirJahar wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 3:58 amOne of them spotted the Adrakist, and hollers for some of his brother's in the order to aid him as he rushes the "Fake Dragon".
He looked very displeased with this, by both the appearance of Templars and being called fake. "Fake? maybe as much as babies are fake humans. I'd love to argue more, but in case you haven't noticed the town is on fire, and I'd hate it if I died." He started walking towards the nearest stable, yelling at the templars. "Maybe you should do a good thing for once and save the townsfolk, Or if you want to catch the people who did this, they're somewhere in the water." He expected them to follow him, and he prepared himself to fight.