Twokinds Industrial: Mana Crystals and Smoky Skies

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

RowanEx
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

Re: Twokinds Industrial: Mana Crystals and Smoky Skies

#16 Post by RowanEx »

Slowly, Samantha realized that maybe she should help the townspeople in one way or another. Releasing her harness from her body, she went to lay on her belly and checked the status of her rifle. Nothing to shoddy, but she hoped that the muffler she attempted to install it with would certainly decrease chances of getting spotted. Not that the rifle Sam has is muffled nor suppressed. Checking through the scope, she aimlessly looked over the town, hoping for a building or two with someone who is about to get killed.

"Aha. Hmm... should I try the shoulder or...?" She shook her head and focused on the Wolf that was about to get another kill. She squeezed the trigger.

"<Ow ow my hand ow.>" She held her rifle wrong that it managed to bruise her non-dominant hand. After patching it up, she checked her latest victim and saw that the town might have noticed her now... not that there was gunshots from the town itself, particularly from the inn. "<Okay... maybe I should try going closer...>"
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#17 Post by SirJahar »

Markus sits their panting for a moment. He slowly gets up and walks over to the table he's been working at, and grabs his holster and the ammo pouch. His personal pistol, on the verge of collapse, will have to do for now. "I've got to get a rotating chamber. Going to blow my hand off with this thing some day." He says aloud to nobody as he pulls his duster on, and peeks out into the hall. "Great. An idiot with a stick. <HEY! [censored]! DO YOU WANT THEM TO ALL RUSH YOU?!>" He shouts, after hearing another voice as well.

The assassin facing the counselor falls dead, a clatter as as his knife lands. A loud crash comes from the Governor's room, the assassin their having blown his cover when he missed, and having been run through with the family blade.

The others in the Inn, realizing they're blown, rush to the main door and plow into and past the basitin, one trying to stab him as the pass, but failing to hit anywhere exposed, and running away.

Butterscotch
Master

#18 Post by Butterscotch »

The Basitin turns to the human, seeing he is wounded and not seeming to be an immediate threat he relaxes.

[Hello, human! I am Crowley. I see you are wounded, do not fret! I am the best fighter in town.... I'm pretty sure anyway. I could take on a hundred of these assassins without breaking a sweat!]

Upon hearing another voice, he turns his head to face the source.

<Hah! I'd like to see them try! In a narrow hallway like this, they'd have to cut through each other to get m-woah! HEY!>

The Basitin, despite being a skilled fighter, doesn't seem to weigh much due to his smaller size and as a result is plowed to the side by the barrage of fleeing assassins.
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

zackepic22

#19 Post by zackepic22 »

Well, good thing that worked. However, then he heard a loud crash. "Oh, gods..." He quickly rushed in the direction of the Governor's room, hoping he wasn't dead, if only for Edmil's own sake, and the Republic's sake.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#20 Post by Lief »

Keers didn't have to worry about any of the assassins running past her on their way to the exit, since her room was at the end of the hall. She spotted several figures that weren't retreating, and assumed they were survivors like herself. The Basitin's bellowing certainly contributed to this idea.

She waved to try and attract their attention, then pointed down to the door the assassins had just used to vacate the building.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#21 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Somewhere in the hall, Rikter managed to knock out a fleeing assassin with a swift punch to the back of the head, making the assassin hit the front of his head on the wall. He tied the wolf up, and was going to wait there until the assassin woke up until he overheard Basitin speech just down the hall, where the assassins ran. Slinging his hostage over his shoulder, he walked towards the noise, which happened to be the direction the assassins fled ready to strike if necessary. Upon seeing a human and a Basitin not dressed as assassins, he relaxed a little.

["You're not being very subtle. Most people would NOT want to attract assassins."] He put down his hostage and looked at the human. "Did either of you interrogate one? figure out why they're here and why they attacked me" Before he got an answer, something caught his attention from the corner of his eye. He looked and pointed at the Basitin. "There's a Basitin over, I think she's trying to tell us something."

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#22 Post by Ketzal »

Bael rolled his eyes and was about to tell Crowley where he could put that spear of his when rest of the wolves suddenly appeared and barrelled through the hallway. “[censored]!” Bael just barely managed to roll back into his room as one of their blades sliced in his direction, but by the time he had recovered and drawn his pistol they were already gone. Well, that was… odd. He stepped back out to the corridor and paused when he saw a man covered in scales with one of the assassins in tow. What, was there a circus in town that I missed? What the hell is going on…
Rikter wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:14 am "Did either of you interrogate one? figure out why they're here and why they attacked me"
He sighed and holstered his gun. “No, not really. Didn’t exactly have time to stop and chat while fighting for my life.” He looked back at the way the assassins left, debating his next course of action. That was a lot of wolves. Gods, did any of the troupe even make it? He felt a lump form in his throat as he thought of one of those damn assassins holding a dagger over Mrs. Dawson in her sleep.
Rikter wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:14 am "There's a Basitin over, I think she's trying to tell us something."
He glanced over at the new arrival and shook his head. “Look, if you lot want to follow after the dogs that just tried to kill us, be my guest. As for me, I've got some mates I need to find. Good night.” He stalked off down the corridor, racking his brain trying to remember where the others were lodged. Gods, please let them be okay…

NotThatJon
Traveler

#23 Post by NotThatJon »

The hall was empty when Zachary entered it. Thank the gods, I might actually escape. He legged it to the stairs, and quickly made his way down. He reached the bottom, but noticed a large mass of wolves fleeing out the door. He also noticed a few unrelated fellows scattered about. They stared at Zachary with a confused look.

No longer running, Zachary asked the group, "<Does anyone know what all that was about?>" However, he then remembered the bag he had dropped outside. "<Actually, hold that thought, I need to get something from outside.>"

He walked past the fellows, praying none of them would decide to attack him. As he walked by, some of them trained their eyes on him, probably making sure he wasn't another enemy. He made it outside and rounded the corner, where he was happy to see his bag unmoved. He picked it up found its contents undamaged. What now? I could just leave and pretend like this never happened, or I can see if those guys inside know anything.

He decided that it was best to go back in. He reentered the inn. "<Sorry about that, where were we?>"
I apologize in advance for my unfunny shenanigans.

Here :keith: comes, rougher than the rest of them - the best of them - tougher than leather.

RowanEx
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#24 Post by RowanEx »

"Runners? Fancy. <En garde!>" Samantha readies her rifle as she began sniping to their legs just to scratch and scare them out. As she shot, she was feeling a little terrible for the others that might be inside that inn, those that were dead by these assassins, and also their failed target. Obviously they were running from something.

Her lack of sleep may have decreased her accuracy a lot, or maybe she really is just aiming for the skin. As most of them escaped, the unlucky limpers being helped, she shook her head and layed down underneath a tree. She wanted to sleep more, but as the sun slowly rose, she sighed.

Maybe she can go check on the town? She will, however, she had fallen asleep again.
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#25 Post by SirJahar »

As the assassins flead, one of them glared at the spot the retorts from Samantha's gun came from. He committed as much of her as he could see to memory. He pulled his hood low as he disappeared under the docks. He had done his job and killed humans, getting killed wasn't in the plan. They still had a boat to steal.

Back in the manor, the Governor and Governess both lay dead, the staff weeping over their bodies. Anyone could tell the Counselor was uninvolved, the Republic and Confederacy were known to hate each other, and everyone had seen brown wolves. Still. the maids advised that the Counselor find safe passage back north, and fast. His mission was done, and he needed to get out of town before the populace suspected him. Or worse, the Order came looking for someone to blame. She fussed over him, giving him a fresh loaf from the kitchen and fetching his belongings that would be able to be carried for him, insisting upon it.

In the inn, the entire theater troupe lay dead, each of them neatly cut across the neck to ensure they went quickly and quietly. Mrs. Dawson herself looked as if she had passed in her sleep, except for the blood on her pillow. She looked so peaceful, serene almost, in sharp contrast to the rest of the scene. The whole upper floor of the inn looked bloody from the events of the night, and even the door bore the signs of blood-stained paws.

"Look, whatever just happened here, we're not going to fare well against them now that they regrouped." Markus said, his hands shaking. "We need to form a plan. And..." He scowls at the loud Basitin. "We need to stick together. Markus." He holds his unarmed hand out to Rikter as he holsters his gun. "So, anyone got a plan besides a bayonet charge?" he asks.

Butterscotch
Master

#26 Post by Butterscotch »

<Hah. Look at them all run! They took one look at me and fled! Sometimes it pays to beat your chest. >

The Basitin picks himself off the ground.

<I am Crowley, as I've told this human here. I found this note on one of the bodies.>

[Now, guessing from the variety of folk in this Inn, it doesn't look like any specific person was a target. However? I did find this note.]

He passes the note to the Adrakist.

[It looks like it says a meeting place under pier number two. I say we set up an ambush to find out what's going on. Oh, and we have the hostage as well. Get over here, damnit!]

Crowley waves the mute Basitin over and leans on the wall to wait for input.
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

zackepic22

#27 Post by zackepic22 »

The maid had to be one of the few truly kind people he had met there. As much as he would have preferred getting out of town by himself, he knew she was right. And, as much as he preferred meat—Him and most others in the republic did, to be perfectly honest—A loaf of bread was definitely edible for him, and it would do him good until he could find more food. However, he did insist on keeping his longsword and it's sheath on his person. He and the one carrying his things would quickly leave, Edmil munching on a portion of the loaf. However, as they continued walking through town, he stopped. Blood. The Assassins clearly had not come just for the governor, then. Blasted western wolves. As if all of these people they killed had just up and knelt for the Order. Some of them probably had no choice in the matter at all! And, as he got closer to the inn, he felt even more disgusted, smelling more blood. Well, he doubted everyone who had been in the inn were Templar. However, his right ear perked up. He could swear he heard multiple voices talking, in what sounded like different languages. And sure enough, there seemed to be a mixed group of people right infront of the inn. He was curious about what was going on... He took a quick look around, and seeing spots of blood leading away from the inn, he guessed that the assassins had left. Despite any protestations from the one carrying his things, he made his way over to them, trying to hide his slight limp, just incase.

"<Greetings.>", he spoke in Keidran. "<I see that the mansion was not the only place the foul assassins struck... I will soon be on my way out of town, and the rest of you should be too. Especially those possessing any sort of fur. After all, no telling who the scum order may blame...But, first, is there anything I can do to lend my assistance here?>"

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#28 Post by Lief »

Keers threw her hands up in exasperation. Well, whatever, if there was a larger or better-armed strike force out there it wouldn't matter too much if they were outside or still sitting around in the inn. Although, if the assassins had another objective in mind, and judging by what the boaster had found, they likely did...

Keers went over to where the bulk of the group was and hazarded a vague wave hello. She was curious about the Adrakist, having only seen one other in her travels, but didn't let it show for the time being. She cocked her head slightly, listening and waiting.

Then a hybrid approached the group, likely another survivor of tonight's bloody events. Keers thought she recognized him from earlier in the day, a diplomat of sorts that had been going around with the governor. She waved her greeting as she had done moments ago to the rest of the group.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#29 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Rikter shook Markus' paw. "Rikter." Before he can do more, the Basitin named Crowley handed him the note. Being able to speak all 3 languages, he heard his boast. "[It's more likely they ran from me. Nobody wants to be on the receiving end of an Adrakist's fury. The first assassin learned that the hard way. But, a meeting place eh?]" He Stopped to think for a moment when a Keidran hybrid. "<Oh hello. Don't worry about the guards. If they think you did anything, I'll vouch for you. Unless you're an assassin, then you'll be joining your buddy over there>" He motioned to his unconscious hostage, though he was sure the newcomer wasn't one because of the white fur. "<Anyways, we were just thinking of a plan.>" He looked at both Basitin, and the Keidran, and paused for a second moment. "<This would be easier if I knew which languages you all spoke, see if there is a single one we all speak. As an Adrakist I took it upon myself to learn all.>" He repeated it in Basitin and Human as well, just in case.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#30 Post by Ketzal »

“Daws… D-Dawson, your bed sheets. They’re drip...they’re...Oh gods above, NO!”

Bael rushed to her bedside, seeing exactly what he feared had happened. The sheets were covered in red, the elderly manager looking like she was merely sleeping. “P-Patches! Larson, come on! Dawson needs help!” He called out to the familiar names he had grown around for the last five years as he cradled the late Dawson’s head in his arm, with only silence to answer him back. “Collin, McIntyre! Gods, SOMEBODY HELP!” Again, silence. He knew they wouldn’t answer, that they couldn’t. He bowed his head and wept, a familiar wash of sorrow hitting him like it did back in the Templar military outpost several years ago. He drew a shuddering breath as his tears dripped into the pooling blood on the floor, his head swimming.

Several shaking steps later he was back out in the corridor, his shirt now stained with both Dawson’s blood and the assassin’s. He somehow still held his violin case in his hand, and he tightened his grip around it, acting almost like solid ground in the whirlwind of thoughts that threatened to overwhelm him. He raised his head, seeing both the basitin and the scaly human from before and a few others he didn’t recognize. There was even a snow wolf…

His eyes remained fixed on the wolf. His grip tightened even further on his case, then released completely. Before he realized what he was doing he was already halfway across the hallway, his left hand going for his pistol.

“You son of a [censored]!” He charged the wolf and threw out his right arm, attempting to slam him against the wall. “You [censored] took everything from me! WHY!!!”