Twokinds Industrial: Mana Crystals and Smoky Skies

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Twokinds Industrial: Mana Crystals and Smoky Skies

#61 Post by Ketzal »

Baelorn scoffed. Like deserting wouldn’t already get me killed... Despite that, however, he glanced back at the inn, now engulfed in flames. A lump formed in his throat and he had to fight back tears at the thought of his companions, dead and bled dry in their beds. Everything’s gone… Where the hell do I go from here? He looked to the others already trotting away on their horses, and gave a shuddering sigh before clambering onto one himself. He tied his case to the horse’s flank and bid it to follow after. “The Empire's probably better this time of year anyway...” he muttered.

NotThatJon
Traveler

#62 Post by NotThatJon »

"[Crowley, you fool! Do you have a death wish?!]" As Crowley charged the Templars, a few thoughts raced through Zachary's mind. Crowley is insane. He's going to get us all killed. I'm out of here. Zachary began to look around. Where are the others? Surely they must be around here somewhere. Soon, his attention was grabbed by the stable, and a Templar horse galloping away with one of the fellows from the inn riding on it. A few other horses followed. Hell no, I'm not being left behind with a suicidal warrior and a hotheaded dragon-person. He ran to the stables, and began readying a horse of his own. "<Guys! Wait up!>" Finally ready, and eager to get away from the powerful Templars, he joined the horseback riders, hoping that the Templar would be to busy with the fires and Crowley to give chase to them.
I apologize in advance for my unfunny shenanigans.

Here :keith: comes, rougher than the rest of them - the best of them - tougher than leather.

RowanEx
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#63 Post by RowanEx »

As soon as Samantha saw Templars, she panicked and attempted to run away. Well, she did run away, and once the keidran hybrid was on a safe location far from the town, she mumbled what she could've helped when she was back in town.
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#64 Post by SirJahar »

In the square, Crowley is alone save for the cloud of smoke that is building. It seems that everyone is either too busy trying to run down the wolves, escape, or put out the fires to bother with the man striking a fighting pose.

AS the group began to dispatch from the stables, the one riding in the lead nearly barreled right into Samantha, while the others were plainly visible to Rikter, and his pursuer.

Butterscotch
Master

#65 Post by Butterscotch »

Crowley weighed his options....

Hmmm...yeah....he has none. He made his way to the inn to pick up the probably-unconcious wolf templar they had tied up there...and A few bottles of Basitin vintage rum. From there, he passes the stables and makes his way out on the footpath, his hostage over his shoulder and his rum in his hand, and down his gullet. He'll probably find someone with a horse on the way out here.
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#66 Post by Lief »

Keers reigned in the horse she was riding before it could unintentionally run down Samantha. She was surprised at how quick it reacted, clearly a very well-trained horse.

She started to lead the horse around, then stopped with a silent sigh. Guiding the horse next to Samantha, Keers offered the fox hybrid a hand up onto the horse. Whether it was accepted it not, Keers spurred the horse on afterwards.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#67 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Rikter took a horse from a burning barn. Better to steal that one than let it burn. He threw a few fireballs at the templars during his departure.

On his way, he saw Crowley on the path carrying something. Seeing what it was, he rode over to him. "[I believe you have something of mine, care to hand it over?]"

RowanEx
Citizen

#68 Post by RowanEx »

Initially, Samantha was surprised until Keers offered her a ride. Not taking any chances, she accepted and rode with her.
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#69 Post by SirJahar »

As the fire rages in town, the guard has managed to evacuate most of the population. Anyone missing is either dead, or got out earlier, they figure. The captain, despite his own feelings on the matter, signals in to the Templar tower, protected from the flames as it is by its wards. They know now that they are clear to really let loose.

The templar in town can feel it as their commander removes the restriction on the outward flow of mana to them from the tower. They have permission to do what they feel they must to bread down the beasts deemed responsible. This bodes poorly for the basitin, weighed down by the rum as he is, as two soldiers run at him, sparks dancing on the tips of their spears. The taller one doesn't even get within ten feet of Crowley, instead slamming the tip into the cobbles, sending a rush of energy towards the basitin, even as the shorter templar runs behind it, his own weapon still crackling. (9/20) The wave slams into him, hard, but nothing he hasn't taken before, even if the juice leaves his fur standing on end. (17/20) It is, however, enough to send him into the air, over the rooftops, and onto the road the party is on.

Meanwhile, a sniper has taken up post on the top of the tower. Trained all her life, the Lieutenant was not about to let the group get away. None of the local templar had seen the wolves. they only knew one of their ships had been cut loose from her moorings, her wind spells activated, and then destroyed in the harbor. And they wanted revenge. The Lieutenant could just make out the white fur of the snow wolves as they rode off, and shouldered her gun, bracing it on the battlement. With a 12 carat mana crystal in the butt, it would be plain her gun is enchanted to any who saw it. She lines up the shot, only to be distracted as a glar hits her eyes from the battle bellow. By the time she can see again, her target is gone. She curses under her breath, and runs off inside the tower. She's going after them, once the fire is out.

The Templar private who was caught up with the fake dragon was angered that it was running away like this. He pulled out the pistol he had been issued, and took aim, (2/20) only to have his shot thrown wide as he tripped when the more veteran soldiers began a magic fight wit the basitin. The one who's spear was still charged, his quarry gone, was still headed right for Riker, (8/10) His blow slicing the horse along its ribs and Rikter down the scaleless part of his leg. The horse is spooked, and in pain, runs away from the fight, Rikter still on its back as it flees the town, conveniently in the direction the other s had traveled.

Outside of town, ricky is protected by a group of wild wolves, the four-legged kind. (18/20) They attack him, (4/20) tathering his clothes and shredding his supplies, but his actual wounds are superficial.

"Counselor?" Frostmane said to the hybrid. "I wanted to say I'm sorry about what happened back there. If it's any consolation... I swear, as a citizen of the Republic, I'll get you back home."
He suddenly startles. Not from anything around them, but at the oddest little thing from this situation. He forgot to deliver the gun he had pulled an all-nighter working on. Well, at least he got half up front. And had something to sell when he got a chance.
He tried to come back into the moment, thinking on where they were going. "We should decide what our intermittent destination should be before we get too-under way. It's a long trip back north."

Butterscotch
Master

#70 Post by Butterscotch »

Crowley had turned to face his foe, however barely after he has pulled out his spear he felt a huge surge of energy travel towards him then:- "Wha-Aaaaaaaaarg!"

Clutching onto his spear for dear life as he spiralled into the air, his memories flashing past him. His only regret was that he was dying drunk.

Fwump.

"Ow.."

The Basitin peeked up around him, seeing the group from the tavern, he clambered to his feet and limped towards them.

<"I doubt you folks have room for one more? Basitin, about this big? Also in incredible pain?">

As he speaks he was already climbing onto the back of Markus' horse.
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#71 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

SirJahar wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:05 amThe Templar private who was caught up with the fake dragon was angered that it was running away like this. He pulled out the pistol he had been issued, and took aim, (2/20) only to have his shot thrown wide as he tripped when the more veteran soldiers began a magic fight wit the basitin. The one who's spear was still charged, his quarry gone, was still headed right for Riker, (8/10) His blow slicing the horse along its ribs and Rikter down the scaleless part of his leg. The horse is spooked, and in pain, runs away from the fight, Rikter still on its back as it flees the town, conveniently in the direction the other s had traveled.
"Yeow!" he roared as the spear cut him, but he had to hold onto the horse instead of taking care of his wound lest he fall off the horse. He looked back at the templar who did it, taking note of the face. He yelled "The ones who did this are somewhere in the harbor, forest wolves. Tell the others if you survive, and before I find you." He threw a fireball at the templar (Jahar can roll for this if it hits or completely explodes.).

He keeps riding fast until he is far from the burning village, looking back often to make sure he isn't being followed.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#72 Post by Lief »

After traveling what felt like miles in the uneven terrain that was the forest outside of town, Keers guided her new horse off the rough path and into a small clearing. Her mental map told her it was only about a mile and a half, however. She figured that they were far enough out of town now to evade any pursuers who didn't have a horse. And most of the horses were either stolen or had panicked and ran off in the confusion.

Keers dismounted with a grimace, hand darting up to where she had been cut for a moment. She was pretty sure the wound had re-opened from the ride.

She waited for the fox-hybrid to dismount, then led the horse over to a low branch and tied it off. Afterwards she went and sat with her back to a tree, facing the direction they had entered from, her rifle resting in her lap.

RowanEx
Citizen

#73 Post by RowanEx »

Samantha looked at the rider with keen suspicion before she saw her dismount. She immediately did the same, and watched as she tied the horse to a branch. She kept herself in distance, and looked over to Keers and eyed her rifle.

"Is that a standard issue rifle everyone uses nowadays?" Sam asked, not sure what it they are called. "Thanks, by the way. I... I guess I need a quick lift."

She looked into the skies and saw the smoke from the burning town. She frowned and wondered what would happen if it didn't light up on fire.
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#74 Post by Lief »

In response to Samantha's questions, Keers pointed at her rifle and shook her head, then shrugged. She hoped the movements would be deciphered properly, assuming they could even be made out in the relatively low light.

An idea occurred to her, although again the low light might be a problem. She stood and beckoned the hybrid over, then began drawing in the dirt with the butt of her rifle. After a couple minutes, she finished. There were several, surprisingly detailed symbols on the ground in between them now.

First was a Basitin's head, with an X where the mouth should be. Next was a lit lamp and a sun, with a slash in between the two. Last was a notepad with scribbles on it to indicate writing, followed by a question mark.

After giving the hybrid suitable time to look over the drawings, Keers got her attention and pointed to the Basitin on the ground, then at herself.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#75 Post by SirJahar »

In the half-light, the group had assembled, mostly silent, except for the huffing of the horses and odd clicking of a buckle. It seemed nobody wanted to try and talk strategy, or even destination.

It was lucky for them that the sniper from town was being delayed.

"Ok. Here's an idea. We try to catch a ship going around the point in New Wreathwood. Counselor, you need to get back to your people, and we all need out of Templar land, and if my memory serves me right, it's the closest port we could catch a steamer-ship at."