Keidran And Dragons My crazy little idea (in the right board this time)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

goldgardian

Keidran And Dragons My crazy little idea (in the right board this time)

#1 Post by goldgardian »

I mentioned this idea in another board, and It got locked, so Here is my idea where it's it's supposed to be

My Idea is quite simple, a Twokinds Campaign setting for D&D 5E, I Picked 5E over pathfinder RPG because I've found 5E easier for people to pick up on. now that I've gotten a response on my locked post, I decided to get into the meat of things. If you don't know (5E then you will probably be confused by a lot of the terms I use here. sorry, nature of the beast)

First up, Races
probably the most Important part of this campaign setting is the races, currently we have 3 confirmed races in Twokinds.
Human :trace: , Keidran :flora: , and Basitin :keith: Humans are already done for me in the player's handbook
Basitins aren't really a problem either, something similar to the Dwarf stats in the Player's Handbook, just remove Stonecunning for something to reflect the Basitin's good sense of hearing, change the weapon's training up, and the basics are there. the subraces can be Eastern Basitin which Mountain dwarf fits well, and Western Basitin, which I guess Hill dwarf works with? I don't really think we have a lot on western Basitins, other than Keith's Mom was one.

now for the hard one. Keidran
the concept is there, you can have 3 subraces: Canine, Feline, and Vulpine, and that covers pretty much everything. the only problem is figuring out what stats and traits they get. I'm open to suggestions.

Classes
for classes, some things fit right into the world of Twokinds, specifically Fighter (Battlemaster, and Champion), Rouge (Thief, and Assasin), and Barbarian (Bezerker, and maybe Totem warrior). We haven't seen anything resembling the Monk, and Spellcasters... Well Spellcasters are a little tricky.
The way magic seems to work in twokinds is much, much more limited than in D&D, most notabley the dead cannot be returned to life, and magic that changes things into other things, is VERY rare. furthermore the Spell slot system of 5E dosen't really fit with how Tom has described the mana-based spellcasters of Twokinds. So i scrapped the 5E spellcasters and now I'm working on a couple of Classes, Human Mage :trace: , and Keidran Mage :natani: , that I hope will capture the feeling of the Twokinds Magic. With the spellcasters out of the way, there is one more class I feel should be mentioned. The Adrakist. from what We've seen they basically become dragons, Possibly by taking the special features of the dragon sorcerer, and making them a more melee based class, with some draconic magic we can get the feel of them.

as a sort of footnote, I feel we should mention Backgrounds, a good one could be Templar trainee, although limited to humans. while Keidran could have an Ex-Slave background.
right now I'm focusing on the stuff out of the Players handbook, Races, classes, and backgrounds. Once that's done I can work on Stuff from the DMG, and Monster manual, NPCs, Monsters, Magic Items, and the like. If you have any comments, advice or suggestions, let me know

goldgardian

Re: Keidran And Dragons My crazy little idea (in the right board this time)

#2 Post by goldgardian »

Human Mage Class completed :trace:

I put it all up on my weebly site, you can check it out if you wanna at jhttp://jamesmillsdungeonanddragons.weebly.com/human-mage.html
(note to admins: This is in no way a way to get people to buy stuff, i just but it on my weebly so I don't have to re-post the whole thing on facebook or other social media)