Long Road North

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Phaing
Master

Re: Long Road North

#76 Post by Phaing »

Lief wrote: "The ones from the inn," she paused, realizing that could be taken badly. "The merchant, his slave, and the Basitin. Their horse and cart, as well."
Phaing is dumbstruck. "How...?" She can't even complete the sentence.

The idea that they could just able out of there with a wagon, when the two of them just barely made it out by following a pack of panicked horses, its a bit much. Phaing wonders if this means it is a trap, but even her paranoid thought-processes can't come up with a plausible way that could be happening.

"Well then, we just lucked-into something good, yes?"
She shrugs, and then smiles to Elizabeth. "'Bout time, let's rejoin."

She nudges her horse forward and fills her lungs to call out, but looks to Elizabeth before saying; "Hello boys, mind if we finish our dinner together?"
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#77 Post by Lief »

Phaing wrote:She nudges her horse forward and fills her lungs to call out, but looks to Elizabeth before saying; "Hello boys, mind if we finish our dinner together?"
Elizabeth nods her assent and retrieves her cloak, donning it once more.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#78 Post by kiabugboy »

(sorry for the long wait guys.. and i didn't expect the girls to meet up so quickly so i had other interactions i wanted to write.. hence the long post..)

"AArrgh! stop! stop!"
Judah immediately gets his hands off the arrow upon hearing the basitin wincing in pain
"j-just hold on, let me try again"

"This is not going to work! you don't know how to do this kid!" Percy yelled from across the camp fire.
the place went completely silent again for a moment. All this happening whilst the girls were on their way out of the town.
Judah just looks down.
Percy notices him still trembling a bit, the leopard's hand was in a tight clutch as if he was still holding his sword that is now hung by his belt with a spare scabbard from the wagon. Percy realizes Judah is in shock as all the adrenaline from earlier had begun to sink in on him, he can't help but feel some sympathy for the keidran assistant.

Percy throws a rugged blanket at Judah. " cover yourself up a bit will ya, i know you can usually stand the cold, but a fight like that earlier can make even a snow leopard freeze to death from the exhaustion.."
Judah doesn't reply and just covers the blanket onto his back, holding them together with his left hand

Percy's face turns a little regretful, he tries to speak at Judah again.
"hey... you did good out there earlier, okay kid..." percy's voice turns softer than usual as he approaches the keidran and gives him a pat on the head.

"Those people..."
Judah finally spoke up "they.. they died. All of them, that waitress didn't even knew what hit her... and all of the other patrons and villagers.. " Judah continued, struggling a bit as his throat feels tighter.
Percy just lowers his head, understanding the situation the leopard's in.

"look, let's just take a look at the arrow again, i'll help ya out this time okay" Percy turns his focus at the basitin "doing okay there?" he said in a louder voice

"Yeah, I'll manage..." John says weakly

The two examined his wounds again, trying to make out the exact position the arrow had wedged itself into. "Sorry, i'm not really sure what to do here" Judah said to the basitin.
Percy glances at the exposed bits of the bolt's metal parts that shows a little from the torn flesh, he sees some form of little serrated hooks running in quite an unusual direction, squinting his eyes a bit, Percy seems to recognize something. "Judah, try to turn the arrow this way" as he motions his hands to Judah "then push it a bit deeper and pull it out"

Judah grips the arrow with his hands "This might hurt a bit"
John reaches for a near by twig and places it in his mouth, something to bite on to help the pain.
He gives a nod when he's ready.
he twists the arrow counter-clock wise, pushing it a bit deeper into John's wounds, then after that it suddenly just pulls out like a knife out of butter. "oh..well... that was easy.." he says, a bit confused

"slave arrow..." Percy mutters at himself "i hear these fetch a high price in the wolf market.."
Judah didn't focus too much on that as he is now tending to John's wounds. "felt a lot better after that thing is out of you huh" he tries to chat with him to keep him awake while he is lightly dabbing the wounds with cotton. "Are you sure you don't need the potion?" Judah replied after John puts his hand up refusing the medicine

"i don't know.. it's better if we-"
"well, if you really don't need it, then i'll be holding on to this expensive little thing, thankyou very much' Percy picks up the bottle from Judah's hand, pulls out a handkerchief from his robe pockets which he uses to wipe the vial's glass surface clean and restores it into the small box

Judah sighs
suddenly his ears perk up and his eyes widdened

he turned his head towards the bushes
"J-John. Did you hear that too?"

"Hear wh-... Hang on.."
Phaing wrote: "Hello boys, mind if we finish our dinner together?"
"Argh!.. Gods!"

Judah was startled, his hand crushing the basitin's shoulder where his wounds is

"GHA!, Watch it ya bloody twit!" John shouts as he shoves the Keidran in any direction., followed by him reaching for his shoulder and baring his teeth in anquish.

He's too focused on his injury to give the girls a proper greeting.

Judah pulls out his sword towards the girl in self defense "who are y- wait..."
"you're that girl, from the tavern right? Pang?"

"I-It's Phaing." John mutters through clenched teeth as the pain eases once more.
"Her name was Phaing..."

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#79 Post by The Rookie »

(I have little more to add here, so we can skip me.)
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Phaing
Master

#80 Post by Phaing »

kiabugboy wrote:(...
"GHA!, Watch it ya bloody twit!" John shouts as he shoves the Keidran in any direction., followed by him reaching for his shoulder and baring his teeth in anquish.

He's too focused on his injury to give the girls a proper greeting.

Judah pulls out his sword towards the girl in self defense "who are y- wait..."
"you're that girl, from the tavern right? Pang?"

"I-It's Phaing." John mutters through clenched teeth as the pain eases once more.
"Her name was Phaing..."
"Yes, thank you for remembering." She stands tall in the saddle, looking all around, at everything but the camp, before shrugging and dismounting with a slight bit of awkwardness. She glances at Elizabeth, and comments wryly; "I guess that noise isn't an issue in this camp." She has not been able to rig a sling for herself one-handed.

Bold as brass, she walks right up to Judah. "Yes, Phaing, like ... like these." She reaches up and taps his mouth with a feather-light gesture, right where his eye-teeth are. And then she is gone, squinting at what they called a 'slave arrow'. Her mouth and eyes go hard, looking at the barbs. "They intended those for all of us, didn't they? Better to be DEAD, better anything than that Angraz-Tokt again!"
She glances around.
"Sorry, so many words I do not know yet. That means not-dead, but may as well be... aww, never mind." She gives her head a brisk shake and tries to smile. "Glad to see you boys. How did you make it out of there, and with a wagon, of all things?"
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Phaing
Master

#81 Post by Phaing »

Bump... ?

-George Bernard Shaw

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#82 Post by Lief »

((Was going to go a bit further, but that would involve Rookie and at that point it wouldn't feel right to disclude Phaing and it had already been so long without a post...))

Elizabeth trailed into the small clearing slightly behind Phaing.
Phaing wrote:She glances at Elizabeth, and comments wryly; "I guess that noise isn't an issue in this camp."
"Several miles from the town by now, wolves didn't chase us. If we move in the morning we shouldn't have to worry about them finding us again soon." Elizabeth responded, though she was aware it wasn't a question.

She started towards the Basitin to check his wound when the foreigner started talking about the arrow, which had Eliza spin on her heel and snatch the arrow away from the snow leopard.

"H-Hey!.. "
Judah said, flustered by the sudden gesture, but then he turned curious at what she's thinking

Elizabeth hummed as she inspected the arrowhead. She recognized it, though it wasn't something she encountered often. After a moment she handed the arrow back to the leopard and went to the merchant's cart, where she began rummaging around for a few specific items.

Judah awkwardly accepts the arrow back "uhm.. do you recognize it?" he asked to the stranger

"Yes," Eliza responded vaguely.

Judah frowned a bit and was about to ask in detail but the stranger had already gotten herself busy with the wagon

"Hey.. hey! HEY!!" This time it's Percy who shouted at her, dropping whatever he was previously fixated with and standing up in protest upon seeing her actions
"What are you doing..Careful with the- those are expensive!!"
he yelled, angry that his precious commodities are being messed with

She ignored him for a few moments, focused on her rummaging. She was being careful, though. Nothing was left in much less disarray than it had already been.

She turned to the old man suddenly. "Medicinal Herbs?" She asked.

percy stops in his track and stood with a sharp gaze towards her
"What for."
he lifts his head and straightened his robe, reluctantly answering the stranger

Elizabeth gave the old man a withering stare, holding it for just long enough to make most people uncomfortable, then shifted her attention to the snow leopard.

Percy indeed feels the animosity directed towards him, but this isn't the first time he has received that look from multiple 'angry customers' so he just turns his attention away, avoding her gaze.

Judah walks over to the girl "is someone injured? other than that man there" he asked, while pointing at john.

"No," She paused and corrected herself. "Yes. In a manner of speaking. Not important yet." Eliza grabbed some scrap cloth and set it aside, continuing her search of the cart.

This has Judah confused, by before he could think any further,
The stranger spoke again.

"I know some herbs that can help the basitin. Don't know their names, but I know what they look like. Do you have herbs or not?" She directed the question at the snow leopard, who was by far the more tolerable of the merchant pair. She half expected the old man to butt in, though.

"Uh-mm... I think we do(?) If I recall correctly we brought a few medicinal herbs in our cargo, perhaps over those tarps there" he pointed towards what seems like the shape of a few crates of box poking out of some intricate looking fabrics draped over it inside the wagon

"They're mostly for light wounds and nothing like what he's dealing with"
he looked over at John before turning back to the stranger.

Elizabeth nods and moves to that side of the cart, moving the tarp aside and opening the box.

"There was a potion for it.. bu-"

Guy says he doesn't need it
Percy interrupted Judah, although that was what the snow leopard was about to mention anyway.

She glanced over her shoulder at the remark, raising an eyebrow but not saying anything.

Inside the box was, well, herbs. Some medicinal, some for cooking. If you didn't know what you were looking for it was hard to tell the difference, and usually couldn't do any harm if you got them mixed up. Of course, Parsley wasn't going to help a burn wound, and Comfrey probably wouldn't taste very good.

Eliza rifled through them carefully, until she came across two bundles of exactly what she was looking for. Wasting no time- Despite the lack of urgency in the situation- She snatched them up, closed the box, and retrieved the cloth scraps she had previously set aside before going to the Basitin.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#83 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:"Sorry, so many words I do not know yet. That means not-dead, but may as well be... aww, never mind." She gives her head a brisk shake and tries to smile. "Glad to see you boys. How did you make it out of there, and with a wagon, of all things?"
"Luck mostly." John says, the irritation in his shoulder subsiding after the incident with Judah. "Somehow the horses got loose, and I guess.." John looks to Judah for conformation "Alexander? Anthony?" he ask, straining to remember "What ever his name is, went back to the wagon once he'd escaped. Meanwhile all the wolves were focused on someone else, so we fled."

His voice grows sombre. "I do hope who ever they were chasing made it out ok..."

Lief wrote:Eliza rifled through them carefully, until she came across two bundles of exactly what she was looking for. Wasting no time- Despite the lack of urgency in the situation- She snatched them up, closed the box, and retrieved the cloth scraps she had previously set aside before going to the Basitin.
"H-Hey wait a minute, those aren't... They're not magical, right? No subtleseed or creeping lavender?" John ask, seeming very concerned with the handful of herbs slowly moving towards him.

Walphinftw

#84 Post by Walphinftw »

(OOC Is the RP open or nah?)
The key to purified water is fluoride. Long live Aquafina brand water.

:natani: x :keith:
:zen: x :raine:

Phaing
Master

#85 Post by Phaing »

Lief wrote: Eliza rifled through them carefully, until she came across two bundles of exactly what she was looking for. Wasting no time- Despite the lack of urgency in the situation- She snatched them up, closed the box, and retrieved the cloth scraps she had previously set aside before going to the Basitin.
Phaing watches with just a hint of curiosity. "You know lots about the making and doing with that kind of stuffs?"

She uses her right hand to set her left forearm on the edge of the wagon. She then trows part of that cloth over her shoulder and wraps the ends around her arm as a sling, and will use her right hand and her teeth to tie the knot for it.
"That's better."
The Rookie wrote:
Phaing wrote:"Sorry, so many words I do not know yet. That means not-dead, but may as well be... aww, never mind." She gives her head a brisk shake and tries to smile. "Glad to see you boys. How did you make it out of there, and with a wagon, of all things?"
"Luck mostly." John says, the irritation in his shoulder subsiding after the incident with Judah. "Somehow the horses got loose, and I guess.." John looks to Judah for conformation "Alexander? Anthony?" he ask, straining to remember "What ever his name is, went back to the wagon once he'd escaped. Meanwhile all the wolves were focused on someone else, so we fled."

His voice grows sombre. "I do hope who ever they were chasing made it out ok..."
"We did." And then Phaing tells them about how she and Elizabeth made it out of that town... and what the likely fate of everyone left behind was.
"There is no going back to that place, and by luck we went in a way that the Wolves are not going. I think that we should keep going this way, soon instead of waiting."
She looks at the stars, a little puzzled as to why they should be so different from the ones she knew back one that other continent.
"War is here, if we want to avoid it..." (and she sounds as if she is asking a question, rather than stating the obvious) "... then maybe we should keep going... North?"

-George Bernard Shaw

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#86 Post by Lief »

The Rookie wrote:"H-Hey wait a minute, those aren't... They're not magical, right? No subtleseed or creeping lavender?" John ask, seeming very concerned with the handful of herbs slowly moving towards him.
Elizabeth paused briefly as she knelt in front of the Basitin, considering the question for just a moment.

"No. About as magical as rocks."

Once she was at face-level, she intermixed the bundles of herbs and tore off the leafy bits, holding them out to the Basitin. "Chew. Don't swallow." She continued to hold her hand out expectantly, even after he had taken them.
Phaing wrote:Phaing watches with just a hint of curiosity. "You know lots about the making and doing with that kind of stuffs?"
"More than most. Less than some."

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#87 Post by kiabugboy »

Phaing wrote: "We did." And then Phaing tells them about how she and Elizabeth made it out of that town...
"i think i saw you two running away with the horse earlier at the tavern... that's very lucky of you two" Judah replied
Percy didn't bother to comment on it though he is also listening
Phaing wrote:and what the likely fate of everyone left behind was.
"There is no going back to that place, and by luck we went in a way that the Wolves are not going. I think that we should keep going this way, soon instead of waiting."
She looks at the stars, a little puzzled as to why they should be so different from the ones she knew back one that other continent.
"War is here, if we want to avoid it..." (and she sounds as if she is asking a question, rather than stating the obvious) "... then maybe we should keep going... North?"

"w-wait, hold on now, i've been asking about the arrow and nobody told me. i-it's not your regular arrow. isn't it."

he said sternly while pointing his finger at the the bolt he clutched in his other hand.

"you're not supposed to get killed with this, right?? that's why John there didn't die... so that means, those town people are still alive..." he places his hand on his chin and looked down thinking, piecing together the information based on how people reacted to the arrow, as he continued

"s-shouldn't we go back a-and try to help them... sneak up on the camp and set everyone free"

(not saying we should go with this idea.. but just a suggestion :roll:
i don't know.... sounded like an interesting narrative to me...)

Phaing
Master

#88 Post by Phaing »

(just a quickie because I had a cute idea)
kiabugboy wrote:...
"s-shouldn't we go back a-and try to help them... sneak up on the camp and set everyone free"
Phaing does not shoot that idea down right away, it has some appeal to her despite the odds. She stops in mid-stride and looks at him, they Elizabeth, and then at nothing at all. Concentrating, she starts trying to figure out a way that it might be possible... as if she is doing math in her head;

"Hmmm, okay, so .... how does one divide 50 captives from 30 ravening Wolves and have 5 mismatched travelers remaining?" Phaing asks the night air, eyes far away.

Of course, she would have to know all the variables to solve the equation, or abandon it.

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#89 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:"We did." And then Phaing tells them about how she and Elizabeth made it out of that town... and what the likely fate of everyone left behind was.
"North..." John mutters to himself, as if repeating the question. "The North mightn't be any safer. The humans and wolves have been at each other's throats the last few years now seems to have reached a boiling point in recent months. We may get caught up in the midst of a very bloody war... That said, the bandits would likely continue to raid the weaker south lands, so staying put could be even worse... "

He looks around to the group, hoping either Percy or Elizabeth would chime in with a word of experience. "The only way though North is either through human or wolfish lands; neither I've had any experience with..."

Lief wrote:"No. About as magical as rocks."
Once she was at face-level, she intermixed the bundles of herbs and tore off the leafy bits, holding them out to the Basitin. "Chew. Don't swallow." She continued to hold her hand out expectantly, even after he had taken them.
"Don't swallow? Alright." John says nervously as he lifts the herbs concoction to his mouth. "Thank you." giving a flash of a smile before shovelling herbs into his mouth.

//I'll leave it to do you decide the appropriate reaction. eg; Sweet, bitter or foul tasting herbs. //
kiabugboy wrote:"w-wait, hold on now, i've been asking about the arrow and nobody told me. i-it's not your regular arrow. isn't it."
he said sternly while pointing his finger at the the bolt he clutched in his other hand.

"you're not supposed to get killed with this, right?? that's why John there didn't die... so that means, those town people are still alive..." he places his hand on his chin and looked down thinking, piecing together the information based on how people reacted to the arrow, as he continued

Phaing wrote:Phaing does not shoot that idea down right away, it has some appeal to her despite the odds. She stops in mid-stride and looks at him, they Elizabeth, and then at nothing at all. Concentrating, she starts trying to figure out a way that it might be possible... as if she is doing math in her head;

"Hmmm, okay, so .... how does one divide 50 captives from 30 ravening Wolves and have 5 mismatched travelers remaining?" Phaing asks the night air, eyes far away.

Of course, she would have to know all the variables to solve the equation, or abandon it.
"Absolutely not!" John says firmly, almost shouting. He pauses for a moment, pocketing the herbs into the side of his cheek so he can speak more clearly. "Look, I want to save them as much as you do, but look at us." he says, waving his arm in a sweeping gesture towards everyone around. His ears go flat, and his voice is filled with regret "We barely made it out last time, and now you want to go back? Like Phaing said, much of it came down to blind luck. I'm sorry, but it can't be done..."

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#90 Post by kiabugboy »

The Rookie wrote: "Absolutely not!" John says firmly, almost shouting. He pauses for a moment, pocketing the herbs into the side of his cheek so he can speak more clearly. "Look, I want to save them as much as you do, but look at us." he says, waving his arm in a sweeping gesture towards everyone around. His ears go flat, and his voice is filled with regret "We barely made it out last time, and now you want to go back? Like Phaing said, much of it came down to blind luck. I'm sorry, but it can't be done..."
"NO!" Judah shouted back
"we can-... we can.. sneak up, maybe, maybe they have their guards down! i don't know!" He looks around at the only 4 people surrounding him, clenches his fists and then looks down

"we can't... just... leave everyone there..."

Percy looks at Judah, he didn't say a word, as he usually does so in the middle of an argument that he doesn't concern himself with. But he feels somewhat sympathetic towards the snow leopard and how naive he is in wanting to help people.