Star Sailing {NSFW- Some Language, Violence}

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Mal

Star Sailing {NSFW- Some Language, Violence}

#1 Post by Mal »

-=Ooc=- Link to sign-ups for character information and ooc chat
Soooo, it's technically not the afternoon anymore but it's five o'clock somewhere but, at least, I got it done today and not three days after I actually said I would! (I've made that mistake one too many times, thank you)
I will have a really busy weekend (track meet on Saturday and then a wedding I won't return from until Sunday afternoon) so I don't know how quickly I'll respond for the next two days.

-=Ic=- Ilya bounded alongside the cart, her long legs loping down the dirt path. She kept up with the two horses galloping beside her easily as they headed south, and didn't seem to tire even as the hours passed. The day had yet to start and the sun had not risen by the time their destination came into view. Ilya's mother, sitting on top of the cart beside Ilya's brother and sister, sighted the city first and pointed it out to her children.

"There it is, children. Feast your eyes on the trading centre of the world." She smiled gently at her two daughters before looking sharply at her son. "Ryu! Get your eyes back on that road, so that you don't lead our cart into a ditch! I'm teaching you to drive us, not kill us, boy!" Ryu guiltily turned his eyes back to the road, and with Ilya's brother successfully focused, they soon arrived at the city. It wasn't long before they had reached the main road and the dirt path turned to cobble and the street filled with all sorts of species. The diversity of the city was astounding, and it always surprised Ilya when she visited to help her mother sell their crops. Ilya was a natural at what she did; years of working gave her strong legs and arms to plow the ground and plant the seeds, and a naturally sunny disposition and mostly friendly demeanor gave her mother comfort that they would always sell most, if not all, of their yields from that year.

"Hey, momma, Ryu and Amari can help you set up the tent, right?"

"Yes... What are you planning to go and be doing now?"

""I just want to explore! And I promise I'll be back to help sell, mmkay?"

Ilya's mother sighed. Once Ilya had it in her head to go 'explore,' there wasn't much anyone could do to keep her from doing so. It had been a long time since Ilya had been prevented from adventuring, and she wasn't going to stop now. Soon, Ilya was wandering through the streets, occasionally peeking into the limited stalls that were open so early in the morning.

As was Ilya's nature, it wasn't long before she had struck up a conversation with one of the early-rising shopkeepers. He was tall, much taller than Ilya, and he had a kind, almost flattering smile that seemed pasted onto his face. For the most part, he wasn't suspicious looking, even though most were who were open this early tended to be rather seedy and sketchy. His fur was dirty and his eyes were tired, but he was cheerful and his clothes were moderate.

"So, how come you're already set up so early?"

"I don't actually know. I suppose I just like getting up in the mornings when no one else is awake. Those quiet hours are very peaceful."

"I suppose. Personally, I think it's more fun to be adventuring and be in danger than to be doing nothing and be peaceful."

"To each his own. By the way, what's your name?"

"Ilya. You?"

"Vallai. So, you say you like adventuring?"

"You kidding? I'd do anything for a good adventure." Ilya paused, ears perked. "Are you saying you have something I could do?"

Vallai hm'ed quietly. "Yes, actually. You see, I'm not actually from here..."

By the time Vallai had finished his proposition, the sun had fully risen, shining light onto shimmering dew and giving prospects of a bright and sunny day. Ilya shook his hand with a beaming smile almost a bright as the newly risen sun. After finishing up details of the trip, she returned to her family to tell her mother about the trip and help sell their crops and various items.

"And you say he's leaving tomorrow?"

"That's right. And he's already gathered some members and he says he'll have a full team assembled by the end of today. I'll meet him in that open square with the fountain of that famous [censored] painter, around rising sun. Okay, mer?"

"I- yes, okay, miyeme. I will see you when you come back, of course?"

"Obviously."

And there the conversation ended, and the two resumed their upkeep of the stall.
blorg

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Re: Star Sailing {NSFW- Some Language, Violence}

#2 Post by The Rookie »

It had only roughly been thirty to forty minutes since Vallai had left Ilya to watch the store, when a human in security armour approached the family's stall calmly. Despite his dress, the man seemed rather pleasant. Smiling happily as he walked towards Ilya.

He seemed to eye off the various goods on offer, taking a particular interest in a large black berry like fruit the size of a small grapefruit. "Savi a ti?" Hamish asked in very slow deliberate Kev'chak "Y tala cava Gato" (I would like the fox) pointing towards the fruit and smiling awkwardly, unsure if he said anything remotely correct in his uncertain interpretation of the Kev'chak tongue.

He quickly reached into his pocket to show he had a handful of the human's equivalent to the Kev'chak currency. Notes or coins that both sides considered valuable."Kue as fin, iva?" (What you want, yes?)
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Mal

#3 Post by Mal »

-=Ooc=- So I'm thinking that if they're going to talk in Kev'chak, from now on we put brackets around the words to show they're speaking in Kev'chak, for instance in a conversation between a Saru and an Esira. However, if they're translating from their original language, you can do something similar to what Rookie just did, where you put the words in your text but translate it into English in parentheses beside it.

-=Ic=- Ilya snickered quietly at the man's terrible Kev'chak. "Y o goi. Travhi gatos nucha, raue travhi Anuskas." (I am well. We don't have foxes, however, we have Anuskas. {the name of the berry.})
Ilya grew excited at the sight of the rather large amount of money. "Iva!" She paused, before grinning. "How many of the Anuskas do ya want?"

Ilya had to keep herself from laughing; she knew in a moment a look of confusion would probably spread across the customer's face. It happened often; people would come to buy wares and, not thinking she knew any English, try to translate into Kev'chak. Most of the time, it didn't work, and it was a good thing Ilya had been taught just enough English to communicate with them from her father.

Of course, despite her relative fluency in their language, the adult Saru loved to mess with customers who came by and tried to communicate with her. It always thoroughly surprised them that anyone of her kind knew English.
blorg

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#4 Post by y7h65 »

The sound of feet--or was it pads-- striking the street at their own pace. The smell of a thousand people intermingling with the scent of food, trash, and grime. The unwavering feeling of being just another face in the crowd; another gear in the machine. I smile to myself as I let myself be taken by the morning crowd, paying little attention to my heading. They sensations of the city weren't quite as strong as they were back home but they were still there. Signs of the inevitability of progress that these animals will have to face--are facing, I correct myself--from which there is no return.

Shifting the woodland camouflage cloak draped over my weary shoulders and covering my body once again--why did I decide the heavy cloak was a good idea again?--as I try to finally figure out a way to keep it covering the majority of my gear without it getting caught on something. Seconds shift to minutes and I gather more than a few stares at the mildly rifle-like bulge on my back before I give up on the latest attempt. I should consider another cloak if I want to at least look nonthreatening in these cities.

Not like it should be on me that these city slicks need as much padding between them and reality. Their little cushy lives aren't exactly built on sunshine and rainbows. There's people out there slogging through the dirt and the grime, struggling against beast both smart and dumb, and that's not even counting the living conditions or disease. But hey, slicks going to slick.

I do, however, have some time before I have to meet at that fountain. A letter by dead drop to arrange for a meeting in this day and age? Followed by a cryptic meeting hinting at revolution and uprising? This was just the thing my bosses were looking for. So of course I accepted. taking me from the untamed wilds to here; all ahead of schedule. While being early is always a good thing but I am fairly certain several hours may be, in fact, too early. I suppose I should start the search for a new cloak while I wait. Breaking away from the crowd, I turn the corner onto the market and begin my hunt. This cloak might be good at its job of keeping me dry in the rain and hidden in the woods but it was not going to work if I'm going to be traveling in fair weather or in a city.

A cigarette, first from a new pack, finds itself in my mouth as my off hand pulls my zippo from my back pocket. A flinty clinking noise fills the quiet marketplace and the cigarette is lit. I catch a few stares and glares as I slip the emblazoned lighter back but, honestly? I can deal with that. Social shaming was certainly a lot better than outright arrest.

I let my mind wander and the cigarette shrink as I try to find a cloak stall open at this early an hour of the morning. I find a few but I have my reservations about the quality of the cloaks offered by these stalls. No offense but some of these animal-made ones seem flimsy enough to be torn if they caught on my watch or holster. As I move from one section to the next, I pause momentarily as I spot the brown-beige of Colonial Guard armor. What was a Guardsman doing here, this early an hour? Breakfast? Checks? Something even more interesting? Fortunately, there was that cloak stall within earshot of them.

I school my face to as bored as I can get it and then move in... only to catch the last bit of conversation--In English too, that was rare--between the stall front seller and the guard. Seems the answer was breakfast. I keep the disappointment from showing too clearly on my face as I browse the cloaks. The cloaks here seem to be good quality at least. I pick a dark grey one up and glance up at the storekeeper. They appear to be a Saru.

"How much?" I say slowly in English, gesturing at the article in my hands and keeping my accent as neutral as possible. Some people might find the whole 'French Fatale' thing attractive but it made things a [censored] when it comes to dealing with people who weren't native English speakers.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#5 Post by The Rookie »

"Oh, sorry miss. I just assumed... You know..." Hamish said as he awkwardly tried to apologise. "I've been trying to work on my Kev'chak lately, but it seems I still need a bit more practice, huh?" he admitted with a force smile.

After about a second of silence, Hamish cleared his throat before pointing back to the strange fruit. "Anyway, miss. I'd like just the one please. That nice juicy looking one right there if you don't mind." he asked as he passed Ilya one of the crumpled notes from his pocket. "I hope this is enough, miss. I can't really read any of your signs to check the prices myself." he chuckled, seeing the funny side of his predicament.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by kiabugboy »

"oi mate, this is a goddamn bar,
ain't no one's gonna sell you frickin' knife here! are you retarded or something??"

the middle aged bartender replied after jorran had casually walked into the bar, asking for a decent knife.
"goddamn animals....especially lizards like you are stupid as hell. get lost!" he muttered to himself before he shouted at the [censored] telling him to leave the place

"i not stupid. i just new here" jorran said to the man in a monotone voice before he turns his back and walked towards the door
"hah! this bloke can't even speak proper english!" the bartender exclaimed, amused at how broken jorran's english is

jorran leaves the bar, his hand still clutching the bag of money he had unexpectedly received the other day.
it was from an esira. a shopkeeper and his wife whose little boy was being beaten up by a displeased human customer before jorran stepped in and knocked the guy out.

he normally would avoid getting into trouble and would rather try to diffuse the situation calmly. but even the most pacifist of souls would react the way jorran did when he saw the little boy whimpering in pain as the human continued to pummel him.
Jorran had never seen a human before he was banished from his tribe. He heard stories of them, but not much was known. his people only told stories of powerful people who came down from the skies in giant metal towers and brought incredible things along with them.

Even after his banishment, jorran barely made contact with any humans in many of the villages he travels into. It's only when he unknowingly ventured close to the borders that he saw those mysterious beings engaging in violent behaviors.
what happened in that village is what made jorran realize that these people are slowly settling into the societies of Shaion and this really troubled him especially about his tribe. so as dawn sets in, he traveled into this 'metal jungle' people speak of to closely observe the humans. alas, the only weapon he has right now is his trusty canon that would be ineffective to use in a crowded place since it would immediately create a spectacle so he needs a more discreet weapon to protect himself. a knife of some sort

shop after shop, he had people coldly turn him down or react the same way the bartender did. That is until he came across a kind-hearted old human woman who directed him to a shop not far from hers.

"there boy, you see that ol' human inn there?"
"the one with sign saying 'no dogs or esira'?"
"yes dear, that one. you go there, then turn left and usually there might be shops there that sells arms"
they cut people arm and sell them??
The lady chuckled "no no dear, arms also means weapons here. now, of you go"

"thankyou" Jorran said as he gives her a coin for her hospitality and set off into the directions she had told him.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#7 Post by Myperson54 »

"What I'm saying is, it's simply not sensible," Alistair explained, slithering along one of the city's larger roads. "Surely he's never seen a Human before. They aren't intimidating in the slightest; what harm could they possibly do?" He was referring, of course, to the strange figure who they'd met just days prior, an Esira who asked them to help him take out some Humans in his home village. He was only being half-serious; the Humans actually concerned him a great deal, and Fora knew this, but it was easier to pretend otherwise. The less significant he could make them, the more likely he could take his mind off the potential danger they were in. (And just possibly he could convince her to leave the strange Esira alone.) Slowly, he reached over behind Fora's back with his tail and tapped her on the shoulder twice before retreating to his original position.

Long blue fingers ran through coiled hair as Alistair's better half snorted derisively, rolling her shoulder at his touch. "A human's just a not blue me, so don't try to sell me your snake oil. Wait, don't even start with that, with how freely you were giving it away back home the value's probably dirt." Fora may have known what he was doing, but that had never stopped her from chasing his tangents and fallbacks like an Esira with a scent. "Maybe those humans got a deal running to sell his village off, point is we don't know, and that's the new rule of Shaion: 'The humans already know.'"

Alistair wrinkled his snout in mock disgust. "I'll have you know that snake oil is an amazing remedy for ailments of the head. Are you sure you aren't in need of any?" He grinned at his own joke, baring an assortment of knife-like fangs in the process. "But of course, you're right; they may be a problem, but if they truly are, then why involve yourself? It hardly seems pragmatic to just waltz towards your enemy."

"Humans aren't the enemy. We need them, and they don't need us. I think. Some of the stories, heurgh." Fora shivered, waving away unwanted memories. "If Vallai's got something in mind, better we're around to make sure they don't have an excuse to kill everyone because his precious feelings can't handle humans on top for a while."

"I still think this is a mistake," muttered Alistair, giving up the argument. He, like most other people, wanted little to do with humans, especially in governmental matters. Fora had made up her mind, however, and there was little he could do but follow along at this point. She was right: Humans didn't seem to need them for anything in particular, and that was what worried him. "I simply want to ensure that we aren't killed in the process. Forgive me, ye of little faith, for not being so immediately trusting." He shrugged, a motion which appeared to carry down his entire length. Bringing up his datapad, he opened it to a map of the city, which projected into the air before him, a series of ghostly buildings and alleyways. He smiled and pointed to one point in particular. "We're close, I think."

Fora sniffed haughtily as they neared the meeting point, some important fountain of the city. "Hm. I will forgive you, in my endless generosity towards the lesser minds."

"Lesser minds!?" Alistair exclaimed, jumping straight back into the argument. The two continued to bicker lazily on as they found their way to the meeting place, the first to arrive.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Phaing
Master

#8 Post by Phaing »

Lillieghn strolls through the streets and peruses the market stalls without committing to anything. This Fox Esira also barely notices the armed Humans on patrol, only deigning to give them a 'yeah, whatever' sort of shrug... as is her right. This woman is wearing the uniform of the Terran Navy, and the gold wings of a Pilot.
In reality, she is little more than a cadet, just graduated from flight school. An even colder dose of reality is the fact that many humans see her as little more than a publicity stunt.

Lillieghn, or 'Lilly' as some might remember her, is not smug about her status, or arrogant. Rather, when you meet her eyes, what you get is more like 'Why yes, it is grand to be so attractive and accomplished. Thank you for noticing'.

She really wouldn't be able to get away with much more than that, this is where she grew up, after all. Until 6 years ago, she had no clue that she would be able to pass the exams, and then graduate near the top of her class. No, here she had run with a little gang of scamps that had fantasized about liberation and heroics, of overcoming their Human overlords and seeing the stars for themsevles.
How romantic.
How foolish.
The reality was that the Humans were here to stay, every bit as much as they were on their dazzling, bustling homeworld. If any of her friends could have seen THAT place, they would have grown up just as quickly as Lillieghn had!

She has not thought much about her childhood friends in years, but her feet had taken her back to the places they used to roam. Now, if she could just remember their names....
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Mal

#9 Post by Mal »

-=Ooc=- Sorry if I cut what could have been a good conversation short, it seems we've got a lot of people who don't have anything to do until the story moves forward to the meeting in the square

-=Ic=- "Mm, perhaps just a small bit more work, yeah." Ilya grinned. She looked at the fruit he was gesturing to. "One Anushka is 10 sheka, yes, that's the right paper. Runka, and have a nice afternoon!" She smiled at the guard again, passed him a fruit, and moved on to a different customer.

The customer spoke right as Ilya finished talking to the guard, and Ilya followed her pointing finger to the pile of cloaks she herself had made that past winter. They were sturdy but light, and rather a good quality. Ilya had always been proud of herself in cloth-weaving, even though it was nothing to truly be proud of. They were more sellable than her mothers, and that was all, really.

The person who was asking about them looked rather odd, Ilya noticed. For the most part, she was unrecognizable, the type of person you wouldn't really pay attention to even if they bumped into you. But there was something suspicious about her, and it took Ilya a moment to realize it was the way the cloak was draped around the girl. There was a bulge in the back that reminded Ilya of one of those human weapons- guns, she thought they were called. And the girl's head was smaller than the body seemed to suggest, denoting that there was more under the cloak than just the girl; possibly more of these weapons.

Ilya was decidedly suspicious, but a sale was a sale, and so she smiled in a welcoming way and answered the girl's question. "15 sheka for one, 25 for two. They are all in good condition and very new. I made them on my own, can promise you they are good. Which color are you wanting?" Ilya was sure she had messed up the grammar on that sentence somewhere, but it was good enough to pass as fluent, she ignored the possible mistake and moved on.

After Ilya had made the sale, and many others after it, she noticed it was getting dark. She quickly helped her family close up the stall and choose a place to stay for the night, before heading out the wander the city.

Ilya didn't sleep much. She found she didn't need it, or want it, either. Her dreams tended to be filled with the things she pushed back in order to stay happy during the day. In due course, she was out most of the night, and got up early in the morning. It was only a few minutes to the square, and so she was able to help her mother set up the stall before leaving.

Soon Ilya arrived at the place she had been called to meet at, and looked around curiously. There were only two others there, who looked like they had been there for awhile. They seemed enveloped in their own conversation, so she sat down on the edge of the simplistic stone fountain in the centre of the square to look around.

It wasn't a very large area, but it was open. One small street ran through it, and only a few buildings crowded around the edges. Beneath her feet lay a dusty cobble, worn down by years of foot traffic. There wasn't anyone in the square as of yet, but Ilya had stopped by it yesterday to look around and had found that it wasn't all that full then, either. A good place to set up a meeting that had seemed kind of secretive anyway. The only commercial building situated around the square was a small tavern, somewhat rundown but not seedy. It was closed at such an early hour in the morning, but Ilya could see movement inside. Perhaps a live-in business, then. The few other buildings placed in Ilya's line of sight seemed either abandoned or to be someone's home. One of them even looked like it could be both. The square itself gave off a tired air of one who has seen many things and holds few pleasant memories. The only warm-looking place in the area was the tavern, and the fact it was closed gave the idea of a loss of a place to run to, or protection from the tired and slightly foreboding elements of the rest of the square.
blorg

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#10 Post by y7h65 »

The cigarette butt hits the tiled stone as its tired glowing end turns to ash, snuffed not even a second later as my boot grinds it down. That makes two so far; not that bad thus far. Still have that meeting though and heavens know how stressful that will be. I sigh quietly as I adjust the lighter cloak draped around my shoulders and I keep my heading towards the clearing.

I let my mind wander as I move with the crowd, glancing from one bored stupefied face to another. I chuckle to myself as I realize something, something about why I could never remember why I never stay in cities for long until I returned to one. To put it quite frankly, they were the pits. Too safe, too clean, too boring. Nothing compared to the thrill of living just far enough on the border and edges of society to know what you're missing but close enough to still know what you could return to.

Granted, this was a beast city and could be considered quaint, pastoral, or even the boonies compared to even the most backward city back home but it already had the trappings of a city forming. My eyes casually scan the surroundings as I turn into the square, taking note of the two who appeared to have been here sometime conversing amongst themselves. Even more surprising-or alarming depending on how you see it-was the girl from the stall earlier. That was... odd, to put it lightly. Of all the types, I definitely would not have pinned her down for the type to join in on what was most likely a seditious act against a superpower. Then again, looks can be deceiving. Or she's naive. I'm more willing to bank on the latter than the former.

Rather than stop by either the two or the girl, I head towards the tavern and stop just outside of it, looking about the outsides. Perhaps something here could be used as a menu or list of hours? Better to have something to do while I wait, especially if that something lets me also look like I'm simply a person passing through in search of a place to stay.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#11 Post by The Rookie »

It's not long after the arrival of Ilya and Lucille that Hamish makes an appearance in the small stone square. Entering from one of the many alleyways which seemed to pocket the area. Taking a moment to stop look around in hopes of spotting Vallai or any of his other known contacts.

He appears largely as he had the day before, although this time with the inclusion of a rifle slung over his shoulder and a pistol on his hip; Clearly exposed for the world to see. One of the many benefits of the uniform is that no ones going to ask to many questions when they see a guard out on patrol. Less obvious, is the addition of an [censored] style rucksack and swag, ideal for travel. Clearly he's not intending on staying put for much longer.

"Huh, so she did show after all." Hamish uttered to himself as he spotted Ilya waiting patiently by the fountain's edge. "Well, let's just see how long she sticks around for."

The guard gives a small hand gesture to the waiting Saru, and without another word, slowly walks over toward a nearby bench facing inward towards the fountain. "Well, looks like I'm early for a change." he said to himself, taking a seat and dropping his pack beside him. "I guess all that's left to now is wait."

Mal

#12 Post by Mal »

Ilya swung her legs against the fountain, eyes roaming over the square. She smiled when she Hamish; here was a familiar face! She also noticed another girl, one who she seemed to remember selling a cloak to yesterday. However, she seemed more interested in the tavern than the others waiting around, so Ilya wasn't entirely sure whether or not the weaponed girl was here for Vallai or not. She could definitely feel the girl's gaze on her, at least for a little bit, so it seemed she was keeping an alert eye out.

Ilya waved at Hamish and watched as he walked over, sitting on a bench facing towards her. "Hey, i's Mr. I Wood Like To Buy A Fox! I take it you are here for the same reason I am?" She smiled at him cheerfully, happy to see someone she knew. Ilya didn't have a problem making friends, but it never hurt to see a friendly face. Also, he seemed like the type to know more about the situation than she did. After all, like all decisions Ilya made, it had really just been on an impulse. Vallai had seemed like a fun guy, but who knew?
blorg

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#13 Post by The Rookie »

Mal wrote:"Hey, i's Mr. I Wood Like To Buy A Fox! I take it you are here for the same reason I am?
Hamish's calm relaxed demeanour was very quickly thrown our the window once Ilya began calling out to him across the square. If she was loud enough for her to hear him from that distance, almost anyone in the square could have too.

He begins waving his hand frantically, signalling for her to lower her voice while he frantically looked around for obvious signs of human law enforcement or government agents. "Bloody hell, what did Vallai tell this girl?" he muttered to himself in frustration as he quickly bundled his bag under his arm and walked over to Ilya at a quickened walking pace.

Reaching Ilya in a matter of seconds, Hamish threw is pack down at her feet and attempted to calmly sit next to her. Hamish was doing his best to appear polite and casual to any potential onlookers, but his tone and choice of words clearly displayed his displeasure in their newest recruit. "Look, I get you're new to all this, but what the hell was that?" scolding the poor girl in a hushed shout. "You can't go drawing attention to yourself like that, and you sure as hell can't draw attention that same kind of attention to me, alright?" He takes a breath and moves a little further away, having now vented his mind to the young Saru. "God knows what they're do to us if they caught us now..."

There's a moment of silence before Hamish let's out a long sigh. His frustration subsided, the guardsman's approach was now a lot more sympathetic. Feeling a tad guilty for what he'd said, though no regrets for why he said it. "Vallai probably just offered to take you on some epic adventure, right? Gloss over the part with all the potential dangers, did he?" Hamish asked, digging through his rucksack, clearly looking for something that may have fallen to the bottom of the bag. "Long story short, rookie. Some bad people are doing some bad things, an we are going to try and stop them. If we're lucky, we'll stop them before they stop us."

Hamish's eyes light up as he appear to have found what he was looking for, retrieving both a small blade and an medium sized Anushka. "I hope you don't mind. I may have ran by your shop again this morning and grabbed another of these... Aker-Snash, was it?" he asked, butchering the word as he spoke. "I'd never had one before yesterday, and now I can't quite seem to get over them. Would you like a bit?"

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#14 Post by Lief »

Robin strode into the square, her heavy boots making her approach easy to hear even for the humans present. Obviously she wasn't trying to hide her presence.

One hand rested on a satchel strap while the other waved violently enthusiastically towards the occupants in greeting. She refrained from speaking or calling out, for whatever reason, and made her way over to the fountain in the middle, stopping a foot or two away and watching the water.

She'd have looked like any other resident if not for her obviously human clothing. And the pistol at her hip. The orange-lensed goggles resting upon her head didn't help either. So really she'd stand out almost anywhere.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by kiabugboy »

Jorran stretched his back once again as he approaches the city courtyard.
the concrete floor he spent sleeping in the night was definitely not as comfortable as the green village pastures he has been used to for years.

why do humans replace the lush green grass with flat rocks, jorran thought to himself as his claws rub against his aching neck.

ignoring his mild discomfort, Jorran continued walking past crowds of people going by their daily routines, still troubled that he doesn't have a reliable weapon in his hand as the day before, he only managed to buy himself a worn off kitchen knife from the local utility store.

approaching the center of the courtyard, Jorran starts to feel the scale of this human city he is venturing into.
being used to seeing tall towering trees overlapping each other and covering the sun light, the sight of a vast open space with nothing but flat rocks bewilders Jorran. as he continues to feel estranged in this new world, his eye caught a glimpse of a familiar figure.

a snake [censored] casually waiting around in the courtyard. Beside the snake was a sharkus, that, although Jorran has barely ever seen one, he recognizes them as his tribe often speaks of them. assuming that all ashits are accustomed to Jorran's culture, he approaches the snake and greets him in [censored] language as how noble warriors greet each other in his tribe

"brothers in scale and tongue, greetings"
he pronounced proudly in [censored] as he crosses his arm to his chest, signifying that he was a warrior, completely ignoring the awkward look on people's faces as they walk past him casually.