The Daily Beasts

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Phaing
Master

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#1051 Post by Phaing »

DarkTheImmortal wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:43 am And grab her she does. Rita may not cry out, but when the person grabs her tail she lets out a quick "yip" and freezes. If she wasn't being pulled herself she may have just stood there holding Rita. The pulling didn't help either.

Once she is let go of, she starts rubbing her tail and moves away, speaking quickly with a quivering voice. "Nononono, don't grab tails, especially don't pull it." She turns around to look at whoever did it. "It's not a handle and feels very unpleasant when grabbed."
The Convict that pulled you back in is a bit larger and a little less scruffy-looking than the rest of them, and has a scar that runs from his left cheek to the chin. His lips didn't heal exactly right, so it can be hard to make out exactly what he says. "Sorry." And once he is sure he has both girls safely inside, he adds. "Clint."

Whatever that last word means will have to wait. Raimius shoulders him aside and grabs Rita, holding her up high to look her over and made certain she is alright. He isn't happy, and an instant later he sets her down on a bench and with a furious grimace he poked her in the nose and orders her to "Stay!"
Just that.
She looks ready to burst into tears when he turns away and pets Annaria's shoulder on his way to the window. "Good job, thank you."

The Rookie wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:33 am...
Once she feels the cold brush of stone against her rear, she immediately spins around and is out the window in a flash. Leaping several feet and attempting to grab the line in flight than risk being dragged back through the window while attempting to slowly meander across at her usual pace.
Raimius takes one look and squeezes back out through the bars. He has one hand on a bar and one hand on the rope as far out as he can reach. "That's it, keep coming, one at a time. Don't stop, and do NOT look back."
Sylvi can see that he is looking past her, at the cell she just left. He's made a mask of his face, no emotions show aside from a very intense stare.
"You just keep your grip on that rope, okay?"
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#1052 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:Raimius takes one look and squeezes back out through the bars. He has one hand on a bar and one hand on the rope as far out as he can reach. "That's it, keep coming, one at a time. Don't stop, and do NOT look back."
As she swings her legs up around the rope, you can see a moment of hesitation in Sylvi’s movements. She dangles; clung to the rope with all her strength afraid she’ll tumble down to certain death below if she so much as loosened her grip.
It’s not until she hears Raimius’ cool calm encouragement that she begins to move again. Her eyes are forced as tightly shut as they can be, but she can be seen nodding before putting one hand in front of the other.

Seems like we’ll be adding heights to our list of known fears.
Phaing wrote:Sylvi can see that he is looking past her, at the cell she just left. He's made a mask of his face, no emotions show aside from a very intense stare.
"You just keep your grip on that rope, okay?”
After moving a few meters along the rope Sylv builds up enough courage to finally open her eyes a brief moment, looking up towards Raimius, but boy was that a mistake.

The way Raimius was looking past her and toward the looming threat gave the impression that she mightn’t have covered as much ground as she once thought, and could expect to dragged back by her tail at any moment...

Naturally, she panics. She curls her tail up as close to her body as she could and begins to move at double her previous pace. Her eyes closed shut once again, and her breathing short and ragged. She’d likely have charge head long into the stone work if she hadn’t felt Raimius’ hand brush against the top of her head; a sensation that caused her to stop and wince a moment expecting the worst, only for her to begin frantically gripping for his arm and pulling herself up, or more accurately climbing up along his forearm.

Once she’s back on two feet, the emotionally exhausted she wolf buries her face deep into her partner’s chest, quietly sobbing for only a moment before regaining her composure. She mutters something, whilst still nuzzled in his arms, a mixture of relief and sass lacing each work. “Promise me we won’t be doing that again...” a deep sigh and a slight chuckle follow as she lingered just a moment longer.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#1053 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:07 pmThe Convict that pulled you back in is a bit larger and a little less scruffy-looking than the rest of them, and has a scar that runs from his left cheek to the chin. His lips didn't heal exactly right, so it can be hard to make out exactly what he says. "Sorry." And once he is sure he has both girls safely inside, he adds. "Clint."
She glares at the man holding her tail in front and stroking it like an injured cat. He may be big, but she is not happy. She doesn't even recognize what the last thing he said was. her attention is taken elsewhere after a second or two of glaring.
Phaing wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:07 pmWhatever that last word means will have to wait. Raimius shoulders him aside and grabs Rita, holding her up high to look her over and made certain she is alright. He isn't happy, and an instant later he sets her down on a bench and with a furious grimace he poked her in the nose and orders her to "Stay!"
Just that.
She looks ready to burst into tears when he turns away and pets Annaria's shoulder on his way to the window. "Good job, thank you."
She looks at Raimius to speak. "It was the least I could do, especially since we can't just let anyone die." She sees the look on Rita's face and makes her way over to her and sits down next to her.

"Hey, don't worry about him being tough." She said, trying to cheer her up. "He's just trying to protect you like he always does. Just try to be a little more careful, especially with evil birds around. I don't want to lose anyone either." And to try to add to her goal, she whispers. "And between you and me, that trick did look pretty cool though."
The Rookie wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:52 amOnce she’s back on two feet, the emotionally exhausted she wolf buries her face deep into her partner’s chest, quietly sobbing for only a moment before regaining her composure. She mutters something, whilst still nuzzled in his arms, a mixture of relief and sass lacing each work. “Promise me we won’t be doing that again...” a deep sigh and a slight chuckle follow as she lingered just a moment longer.
Once Silvi makes it back across she stands up and tries to address everyone. "So how are we going to escape, because I surely don't want to spend the rest of my life here."

Phaing
Master

#1054 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:52 am Once she’s back on two feet, the emotionally exhausted she wolf buries her face deep into her partner’s chest, quietly sobbing for only a moment before regaining her composure. She mutters something, whilst still nuzzled in his arms, a mixture of relief and sass lacing each work. “Promise me we won’t be doing that again...”
Raimius holds Sylvi as tight and as close as he possibly can, without harming her. "I promise. When we leave this damn place, we are going out the Front door!"
It is an old tag-line from the tales of heroic days of old. It would be corny in any other circumstances, but he is saying the same thing that a knight would say to a bad of brigands waiting outside an Inn.

DarkTheImmortal wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:02 am She glares at the man holding her tail in front and stroking it like an injured cat. He may be big, but she is not happy. She doesn't even recognize what the last thing he said was. her attention is taken elsewhere after a second or two of glaring.
"Meh, yer freaking welcome!"
He stalks off and a couple of other men come up to look you and Rita over. "Y'all mind telling us what you are doing in this part of the world, and what is going on out there... out there in the world?"

Rita is grouchy and snaps out her words the same way Raimius does when he is mad. "You'll find out from the grown-ups. Got any water?"
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:02 am"Hey, don't worry about him being tough." She said, trying to cheer her up. "He's just trying to protect you like he always does. Just try to be a little more careful, especially with evil birds around. I don't want to lose anyone either." And to try to add to her goal, she whispers. "And between you and me, that trick did look pretty cool though."
"It did?" She is amazed, and hugs Annaria. "Thanks for saying so, but I almost muffed things up real bad, didn't I?"
Rita is mad, at herself, and still shaking a little. "Did you see that? Sylvi did a much better job than I did, and she's twice as frightened as I was!" She looks Annaria in the eyes. "Yeah, I was scared, so I tried to show off. Its something I used to do back at the Pal... the old home. Bluster makes people back off, sometimes."
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:02 amOnce Silvi makes it back across she stands up and tries to address everyone. "So how are we going to escape, because I surely don't want to spend the rest of my life here."
"Yes, that is what I would like to know!" Raimius turns to the convicts. "You men have been here for days, you must have thought of something by now! My name is Raimius by the way, and these fine ladies are-" He starts to introduce everyone, but then he stops when the men start to turn away. "Alright, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"Couple things." Clint stalks back up to you, and faces Raimius directly. "First of all, it us the custom here for everyone to introduce themSELVES around here! It may not seem like much, but prisoners like us have few things we can call our own. Who and what we are is about the sum of it. And second, we can get out of here anytime we like, but we are lacking a couple of things! Weapons of course, the Guards that had 'em tried to fight and are all dead now. And one other thing; WINGS! I can't think of anything else that would allow us to stay ahead of those damned butcher-birds.
Other than that, things are just peachy!"
Clint turns to the girls; "Sorry ladies, but that's just the facts. Any chance of an Army patrol or a squad of Templars heading this way? That might take care of things, and all we can think of is to hold out until they arrive. Hey Fox, need a splint for that tail?"
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#1055 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:Raimius holds Sylvi as tight and as close as he possibly can, without harming her. "I promise. When we leave this damn place, we are going out the Front door!"
It is an old tag-line from the tales of heroic days of old. It would be corny in any other circumstances, but he is saying the same thing that a knight would say to a bad of brigands waiting outside an Inn.
While mildly comforting, I’m afraid Raimius’ words still come across as quite corny regardless. There’s chuckle from Sylvi as she pulls away from his grasp. “While I appreciate that.” she pauses as she leans back in and places a quick peck on Raimius’ cheek before taking a few steps back “I’m not sure this knightly valour suits you all that well, Sir Raimi.” There’s a sense of smugness to her expression, which quickly vanishes once Ana addresses the room.

Back to the situation at hand, I’m afraid.
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:02 amOnce Silvi makes it back across she stands up and tries to address everyone. "So how are we going to escape, because I surely don't want to spend the rest of my life here.
Phaing wrote:"Yes, that is what I would like to know!" Raimius turns to the convicts. "You men have been here for days, you must have thought of something by now! My name is Raimius by the way, and these fine ladies are-" He starts to introduce everyone, but then he stops when the men start to turn away. "Alright, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"Couple things." Clint stalks back up to you, and faces Raimius directly. "First of all, it us the custom here for everyone to introduce themSELVES around here! It may not seem like much, but prisoners like us have few things we can call our own.”
“<Odd custom...> Sylvi mutters loudly enough for all to hear, as she folds her arms in a more stand offish stance toward the convict.
Phaing wrote:Clint turns to the girls; "Sorry ladies, but that's just the facts. Any chance of an Army patrol or a squad of Templars heading this way? That might take care of things, and all we can think of is to hold out until they arrive. Hey Fox, need a splint for that tail?
Sylvi, having already taken a sudden disliking towards Clint, firmly corrects being addressed as ‘Ladies’ from the group that had moments ago put such a high value on personal names. “Sylvi.” her tone harsh. “And no, I highly doubt they’d waste the man power from the frontlines.” neglecting the thought that these people mightn’t even know there’s a war being fought at all. “And if they did, I don’t intend to be around when they arrive.”

It’s about here her ears prick up, and she turns to Ana and seeing her tail in her arms. “<A splint for your tail? What happened?>” instantly dropping the tough girl act, replaced with the fussy parent she’s slowly been moulded into over the last few weeks. “<Come here. Let me see.>”

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#1056 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:47 am "It did?" She is amazed, and hugs Annaria. "Thanks for saying so, but I almost muffed things up real bad, didn't I?"
Rita is mad, at herself, and still shaking a little. "Did you see that? Sylvi did a much better job than I did, and she's twice as frightened as I was!" She looks Annaria in the eyes. "Yeah, I was scared, so I tried to show off. Its something I used to do back at the Pal... the old home. Bluster makes people back off, sometimes."
She shrugged at what Rita said about Silvi. "Maybe the fear helped her. People are different. Maybe try to save the showing off for... less deadly situations though. But..." She paused for a moment. "It's better than what I do when I'm scared, like hiding on a human filled ship without their knowledge, or jumping off the second floor of an inn." She slightly chuckled.
Phaing wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:47 am"Couple things." Clint stalks back up to you, and faces Raimius directly. "First of all, it us the custom here for everyone to introduce themSELVES around here! It may not seem like much, but prisoners like us have few things we can call our own. Who and what we are is about the sum of it. And second, we can get out of here anytime we like, but we are lacking a couple of things! Weapons of course, the Guards that had 'em tried to fight and are all dead now. And one other thing; WINGS! I can't think of anything else that would allow us to stay ahead of those damned butcher-birds.
Other than that, things are just peachy!"
She straightened up her posture after being called a lady. Very few had called her that before.
"My name is Anaraia." She started with. "And lucky for us all we have weapons. And I'm hoping this..." She pulls out the oil. "Will help keep them away at least for a moment..." She stared at it for a moment, realizing she didn't have a key part in her plan and not noticing Rita had it earlier. "Did anyone bring over the lamp?"
Phaing wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:47 am"Hey Fox, need a splint for that tail?"
The Rookie wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:51 amIt’s about here her ears prick up, and she turns to Ana and seeing her tail in her arms. “<A splint for your tail? What happened?>” instantly dropping the tough girl act, replaced with the fussy parent she’s slowly been moulded into over the last few weeks. “<Come here. Let me see.>”
"What? no, it's fine." She said. When Sylvi approached she tried to brush her away. <"It was grabbed and pulled in the wrong place and it wasn't even the only part being pulled back; he had me by the waist. Nothing to worry about. I'll be fine."> Overall she was acting like a child who didn't want their protective parent to embarrass them.

Phaing
Master

#1057 Post by Phaing »

((Aw damnit!
I thought I had done this days ago :oops:
Sorry, I'll do this quick and jump right on whatever you guys send my way... my very bad))

"Oh, I have the lamp!" Rita unhooks it, and is mildly surprised to find that it is still perfectly fine. She looks up at Clint and says in her best country drawl; "Got a lite?"

Clint takes the opportunity to leave, saying. "Got plenty of tapers. Fire is the one thing we have lots of, but not enough to heat this damn place!" Off he goes, grumbling and pushing men out of his way.
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:45 am
The Rookie wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:51 amIt’s about here her ears prick up, and she turns to Ana and seeing her tail in her arms. “<A splint for your tail? What happened?>” instantly dropping the tough girl act, replaced with the fussy parent she’s slowly been moulded into over the last few weeks. “<Come here. Let me see.>”
"What? no, it's fine." She said. When Sylvi approached she tried to brush her away. <"It was grabbed and pulled in the wrong place and it wasn't even the only part being pulled back; he had me by the waist. Nothing to worry about. I'll be fine."> Overall she was acting like a child who didn't want their protective parent to embarrass them.
Rita sits next to Annaria and puts an arm around her. "Sometimes I forget that you are only a couple of years older than me. I mean, more grown up, I mean... you know. Anyway... are you laughing at me?" Rainius is doing his best NOT to, it is painfully obvious. "Whatever. Anyway, I am trying to say is that I like you, I respect you, and if your tail is hurting then lets get you healed up! Its only natural, and it would be a shame if you were distracted by anything at a time like this, even if its just a teeny hurt, aye?"

Half a dozen men are still standing around, watching this with some slight distaste from a couple of them... and a whole lot of puzzlement from every single one of them.

"Pardon me, but honestly folks, what exactly IS your story?"

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#1058 Post by The Rookie »

DarkTheImmortal wrote:"What? no, it's fine." She said. When Sylvi approached she tried to brush her away. <"It was grabbed and pulled in the wrong place and it wasn't even the only part being pulled back; he had me by the waist. Nothing to worry about. I'll be fine."> Overall she was acting like a child who didn't want their protective parent to embarrass them.
"<Pulled!?>" Sylvi gasp; what depraved animal would do such a thing, she thought to herself. As her shock expression slowly subsided,it was promptly replaced with a glowering stare that shot between on the various brutes that watched from afar.

She soon goes back to fussing over the poor vixen's tail, giving an ice cold shoulder to the mob. "<They could have torn the bloody thing off; and the nerve one of the freaks trying grabbing at your waist in your moment of vulnerability. Do these savages have no sense of right or wrong?>". The way she was acting you'd think Ana's tail was bent at a 90 degree angle, but really it seemed quite alright for the most part.

It's here Sylvi starts going through her packs, looking for a bandage or numbing agent that could help. "<Hang on. I could mix something in a jiffy that'll fix you right up.>" she continues to fiddle through the packs as Rita and Raimius begin to comfort the girl in their own way.
Phaing wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:49 am"Pardon me, but honestly folks, what exactly IS your story?"
Sylvi shoots up a finger to hush the prisoner. Her eyes never leaving her pouch. "Ah! Not a word from you till I'm done here. If I have to amputate, then there's going to be hell to pay." she looks up for a fraction of a second. "And stop looking at her tail! Didn't your mothers tell you not to ogle pretty girls? Turn around. All of you." She stares the half dozen down individually before she returns to rummaging, various Keidran curses ringing through the chamber as she goes.

Some so specific Ana may not be old enough to know what they mean yet, while others so vial even Raimius may cringe here or there.

She's not a happy wolfy, that's for sure.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#1059 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:49 am "Oh, I have the lamp!" Rita unhooks it, and is mildly surprised to find that it is still perfectly fine. She looks up at Clint and says in her best country drawl; "Got a lite?"
"Good" She said. "Hopefully those things scared of fire. There isn't a lot of oil but hopefully it's enough to deter them if we throw both the oil and the lit lamp at them." She shrugged. "It's the best idea I have on escaping. They live up here in this frozen wasteland, hopefully they hate fire."
Phaing wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:49 am Rita sits next to Annaria and puts an arm around her. "Sometimes I forget that you are only a couple of years older than me. I mean, more grown up, I mean... you know. Anyway... are you laughing at me?" Rainius is doing his best NOT to, it is painfully obvious. "Whatever. Anyway, I am trying to say is that I like you, I respect you, and if your tail is hurting then lets get you healed up! Its only natural, and it would be a shame if you were distracted by anything at a time like this, even if its just a teeny hurt, aye?"
The Rookie wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:48 am"<Pulled!?>" Sylvi gasp; what depraved animal would do such a thing, she thought to herself. As her shock expression slowly subsided,it was promptly replaced with a glowering stare that shot between on the various brutes that watched from afar.

She soon goes back to fussing over the poor vixen's tail, giving an ice cold shoulder to the mob. "<They could have torn the bloody thing off; and the nerve one of the freaks trying grabbing at your waist in your moment of vulnerability. Do these savages have no sense of right or wrong?>". The way she was acting you'd think Ana's tail was bent at a 90 degree angle, but really it seemed quite alright for the most part.

It's here Sylvi starts going through her packs, looking for a bandage or numbing agent that could help. "<Hang on. I could mix something in a jiffy that'll fix you right up.>" she continues to fiddle through the packs as Rita and Raimius begin to comfort the girl in their own way.
"I'm fine, really. It doesn't even hurt as much as it used to. Splinting it or bandaging it isn't going to do anything." She said, still trying to brush away Sylvi. "I'll have more important things to worry about once we start our escape."

She then addressed Sylvi's complaints in the same language "<He grabbed my waist to help pull me in. That's what I meant, the tail was not the focus of the pull. It's fine honestly, you don't need to do anything.>" She starts to move away from Sylvi so that hopefully she will stop trying to do whatever it is she's doing.
Phaing wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:49 am "Pardon me, but honestly folks, what exactly IS your story?"
The Rookie wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:48 amSylvi shoots up a finger to hush the prisoner. Her eyes never leaving her pouch. "Ah! Not a word from you till I'm done here. If I have to amputate, then there's going to be hell to pay." she looks up for a fraction of a second. "And stop looking at her tail! Didn't your mothers tell you not to ogle pretty girls? Turn around. All of you." She stares the half dozen down individually before she returns to rummaging, various Keidran curses ringing through the chamber as she goes.
"<And we need their help, you shouldn't brush them away like that.>" She said to Sylvi with a bit of an impatiant tone, speaking in Keidran so they don't hear the next part. "<More people while escaping this is better. And if those things still go after us, we can use them as decoys, have the birds eat them instead of us.>"

"Anyways" She turned to face the men. "I'll keep my story a little short for now. I'm from the Ridge Tribe, traveled to and through human lands, met these folk, and now we're here." She didn't add details for safety reasons. "What the really important thing right now is that we're here and personally, I don't want to stay here. And that my tail isn't injured" Saying the last sentence towards Sylvi with the same impatience as before.

Phaing
Master

#1060 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:48 am She's not a happy wolfy, that's for sure.
"<Ease up.>" Raimius puts a hand on her shoulder. squeezing hard enough to be felt under all that padding, but not all that much. "<You are doing well with the distractions, but the girls are getting distracted too!>"

"Yer pretty handy with their lingo, ain't you?" On of the convicts asks. "So who are you, and what do you do?"

"The name is Ray. I kill people." He's as casual and as cold as ice when he says that However, some of the hard-cases here are not impressed;

"Then why aren't you at the war?"

Ray give Sylvi's shoulder a pat before letting it go. "I thought that would be obvious. I'm a conscientious objector."

And instead of scoffing (or even asking what that means) half the men present say "Me too!"
It turns out that about 1/3rd of the men in this block are only here because they didn't want to serve in the war, or kill Wolves, or were tagged as Wolf-sympathizers.
Even Rainius is having a little trouble processing this....

Not everyone here will be that way, only the ones that stick around to talk some more.
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:04 am "Anyways" She turned to face the men. "I'll keep my story a little short for now. I'm from the Ridge Tribe, traveled to and through human lands, met these folk, and now we're here." She didn't add details for safety reasons. "What the really important thing right now is that we're here and personally, I don't want to stay here. And that my tail isn't injured" Saying the last sentence towards Sylvi with the same impatience as before.
"Well, little lady, have you got any plans? For getting us out of here, alive?"

A large and stocky fellow named Bruce takes up the conversation; "Yes, we know they don't like fire, but the only thing we have to burn is the wooden timbers here, and what's left of the firewood in the basement." It is much warmer in here than it was in the other building. "And the best plan we have had so far involves setting this building on fire at night, to blind the turd-birds when they come at us, we could kill a bunch of 'em that way.... if we had any weapons."
He holds up an iron bar with some rawhide wrapped around the end he is holding. "Besides what you brought, this is the best we have."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#1061 Post by The Rookie »

DarkTheImmortal wrote:"I'm fine, really. It doesn't even hurt as much as it used to. Splinting it or bandaging it isn't going to do anything." She said, still trying to brush away Sylvi. "I'll have more important things to worry about once we start our escape."

She then addressed Sylvi's complaints in the same language "<He grabbed my waist to help pull me in. That's what I meant, the tail was not the focus of the pull. It's fine honestly, you don't need to do anything.>" She starts to move away from Sylvi so that hopefully she will stop trying to do whatever it is she's doing.
Sylvi is preoccupied with her search for life saving medicines in hopes of reattaching Ana's lost limb to notice the vixen had moved several meters away by now. "I'm sure it feels ok now, but mark my words- Ah ha!" Sylvi pulls one of the strong sedative darts they found upon the carriage from her bag. She excitedly turn to where Ana was standing, and upon seeing a blank space, seemed oddly betrayed.

Like if she'd just seen her child walk out into the frigid cold night air of a mid summer afternoon after repeatedly refusing to put on their coat.
DarkTheImmortal wrote:"<And we need their help, you shouldn't brush them away like that.>" She said to Sylvi with a bit of an impatiant tone, speaking in Keidran so they don't hear the next part. "<More people while escaping this is better. And if those things still go after us, we can use them as decoys, have the birds eat them instead of us.>"
"<Why not? They're convicts locked away in a remote wilderness prison surrounded by man eating birds. They could be cannibals, rapist, necromancers
and tail pullers for all we know.> She lets out a huff before putting the dart back in her bag.

DarkTheImmortal wrote:"Anyways" She turned to face the men. "I'll keep my story a little short for now. I'm from the Ridge Tribe, traveled to and through human lands, met these folk, and now we're here." She didn't add details for safety reasons. "What the really important thing right now is that we're here and personally, I don't want to stay here. And that my tail isn't injured" Saying the last sentence towards Sylvi with the same impatience as before.
There's a slight grumble, but as Sylv's about to launch into a 'Back in my day' she feels a firm hand upon her shoulder.
Phaing wrote:"<Ease up.>" Raimius puts a hand on her shoulder. squeezing hard enough to be felt under all that padding, but not all that much. "<You are doing well with the distractions, but the girls are getting distracted too!>"
She reluctantly yields. Grumbling something like “It’s easy for you, you don’t have one (A tail)..”
Phaing wrote: And instead of scoffing (or even asking what that means) half the men present say "Me too!"
It turns out that about 1/3rd of the men in this block are only here because they didn't want to serve in the war, or kill Wolves, or were tagged as Wolf-sympathizers.
Even Rainius is having a little trouble processing this....
She goes to roll her eyes at the 'Conscientious objector' comment, but once the men she'd given a tongue lashing to not moments ago seem to agree with and support such ideas the was only one thing on her mind. Home..

Syvli pulls Raimius' hand away in order to step closer, almost leaping at these conficts. "Ditteridge? Has anyone heard from Ditteridge?" the proud she-wolf pleading, no, begging for answers. "There's an old wolf who lives across from the market quarter. Adaa. Elderly, nearly 20. Glasses. Walks with a cane of oak. Looks just me, but fully white. Anyone?"

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#1062 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

(possibility of being a little more late this time around, depending on when others post, have 2 tests and a paper due this week. also sorry for the short post, couldn't see much to work off of.)
The Rookie wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:00 am<Why not? They're convicts locked away in a remote wilderness prison surrounded by man eating birds. They could be cannibals, rapist, necromancers
and tail pullers for all we know.> She lets out a huff before putting the dart back in her bag.
"<Well, if they're serial tail pullers they can pull the tails of the birds. In a crisis like this we need all the help we can get. That an I actually hope if our plan isn't that good, at least we can make it out alive.>"
Phaing wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:35 amA large and stocky fellow named Bruce takes up the conversation; "Yes, we know they don't like fire, but the only thing we have to burn is the wooden timbers here, and what's left of the firewood in the basement." It is much warmer in here than it was in the other building. "And the best plan we have had so far involves setting this building on fire at night, to blind the turd-birds when they come at us, we could kill a bunch of 'em that way.... if we had any weapons."
He holds up an iron bar with some rawhide wrapped around the end he is holding. "Besides what you brought, this is the best we have."
"Well" She held up the lamp. "I'm hoping this and the oil will spread far enough to get a good fire going. Other than that I got nothing. I didn't think too far ahead. But it's better than nothing." She seemed a little uncertain even with her own plan. "If you know they hate fire, more fire is good anyways."
She goes back closer to the main group, seeing as Sylvi seemed to have given up on fixing her, and speaks to them softly. "Please tell me this isn't the only thing we're working on for our escape."

Phaing
Master

#1063 Post by Phaing »

((a quick one from me this time, this week has been a bear for me too))
The Rookie wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:00 am She reluctantly yields. Grumbling something like “It’s easy for you, you don’t have one (A tail)..”
"I dunno, from the way you are carrying on, maybe you'd be better off without one."
That was from Rita, who claps both hands to her mouth when she sees the look Raimius is giving her, but she can't help giggling anyway.... or maybe because of that thunderous look..
The Rookie wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:00 amSyvli pulls Raimius' hand away in order to step closer, almost leaping at these conficts. "Ditteridge? Has anyone heard from Ditteridge?" the proud she-wolf pleading, no, begging for answers. "There's an old wolf who lives across from the market quarter. Adaa. Elderly, nearly 20. Glasses. Walks with a cane of oak. Looks just me, but fully white. Anyone?"
Well, yes, there are a several men from there, but as it turns out, none of them have been there any more recently than Sylvi. In fact, it has been nearly a year or more since any of them have seen home. Most of the "objectors" have been in this prison since last Spring, when the war began.

DarkTheImmortal wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:49 am She goes back closer to the main group, seeing as Sylvi seemed to have given up on fixing her, and speaks to them softly. "Please tell me this isn't the only thing we're working on for our escape."
"Of course not, and from the sound of things the real problem isn't getting out of here, but getting to another building where we these men can get the things they need to survive out there... things that were deliberately kept away from them to prevent their escape.... and them men who kept them here are all dead now. So, no keys."

"So, they have axes, right" Rita is thinking hard and trying to make up for what she did earlier. "If they chop down trees, they can chop down doors."

Bruce is trying to be gentle. "Sure little one, we can do that, if we get there alive. That is the problem, after all."

"Okay, so... why don't we take the fire with us, instead of leaving it behind?"

Everyone stops and looks at Rita, and then Annaria as they remember what she said before. Instead of scoffing, they ask; "How?"

((--- well, heroes? Time to earn your spurs as the stars of this little show. :wink: ))

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#1064 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:"I dunno, from the way you are carrying on, maybe you'd be better off without one."
That was from Rita, who claps both hands to her mouth when she sees the look Raimius is giving her, but she can't help giggling anyway.... or maybe because of that thunderous look..
Sylvi gives Rita a short unimpressed glare before shifting her gaze at Raimius. "Somehow that was your doing..."
Phaing wrote:Well, yes, there are a several men from there, but as it turns out, none of them have been there any more recently than Sylvi. In fact, it has been nearly a year or more since any of them have seen home. Most of the "objectors" have been in this prison since last Spring, when the war began.
Sylv's heart sinks in her chest, but she knew it was something of a long shot.

Still, now she's learnt she's amongst kinsmen, Sylv begins to warm more toward the handful of Ditteridge convicts. Speaking of, she then ask if any of the convicts knew a Tycho Adlersflügel. Informing them of his last known location and and what they believe may have happened to him.
Phaing wrote:"Of course not, and from the sound of things the real problem isn't getting out of here, but getting to another building where we these men can get the things they need to survive out there... things that were deliberately kept away from them to prevent their escape.... and them men who kept them here are all dead now. So, no keys."

"So, they have axes, right" Rita is thinking hard and trying to make up for what she did earlier. "If they chop down trees, they can chop down doors."

Bruce is trying to be gentle. "Sure little one, we can do that, if we get there alive. That is the problem, after all."

"Okay, so... why don't we take the fire with us, instead of leaving it behind?"

Everyone stops and looks at Rita, and then Annaria as they remember what she said before. Instead of scoffing, they ask; "How?"

((--- well, heroes? Time to earn your spurs as the stars of this little show. :wink: ))
Sylvi shrugs; Pyrokinectics isn't exactly within her realm of knowledge. The matter of maintaining a flame would almost fall entirely on the two girls.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#1065 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:46 amEveryone stops and looks at Rita, and then Annaria as they remember what she said before. Instead of scoffing, they ask; "How?"
"Well, if you've been lighting firewood to keep warm, we have the light and those shouldn't be too hard to carry." She paused for a moment to think of ways to bring everything else. "Is there anything we can put together to make a makeshift wagon or sled? Maybe the thing holding the wood?" She did not, or even thought she would, think this far ahead and it is showing. "Also I will need something to light this lamp."