The Daily Beasts

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#61 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:Abner gives you a funny look. "Well... he was coming after you. I stopped him because I saw you down here, looking as if you needed some space to yourself. And to make sure he stayed up there, I took his clothes to the laundress. I also told him that if he didn't get some rest I could always make sure he did, but i didn't really want to take a chance on giving him a concussion ... and that was just about the time I decided to leave, quickly."
Sylvi let out a small chuckle at the idea of Raimius standing in the center of his room in just his loin cloth and a frustrated expression. The cider was starting to gain some ground...
Phaing wrote:"Why don't you go get some rest now? After what you have been through, I think you may need it before you make any decisions."
Sylvi looked into her mug and then back to the monk. "Perhaps you're right, Abner." she said softly. "Would you do me a favor though?" she asked politely. Her eyes widening slightly and her ears perking up to match her new found joyous expression. "Would you mind finishing this for me? I'd certainly hate to waste it." she says, pushing the mug in front of the monk, before stepping from her seat.

Her first step was a little wobbly, but she soon corrected herself. "Thank you for the chat, Mr Abner." sylvi says as she gives the man a small wave before leaving the room.

She makes it to Raimius' room not soon after, stopping just outside the door but still struggling to find the courage to enter. "You can do this, Syl." she mutters, trying to psych herself up a little. She slowly reaches for the door handle, but just as her fingers brush the cold iron she pulls back a little. Instead she decides to knock firmly on the wooden door; Feeling as if she was being less intrusive, and allowing Raimius the option to turn her away if he saw fit.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Phaing
Master

#62 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote:... Instead she decides to knock firmly on the wooden door; Feeling as if she was being less intrusive, and allowing Raimius the option to turn her away if he saw fit.
She hears nothing at first, but on her second rap she hears the startled half-snore and half-gasp of someone coming out of sleep, suddenly. 3 bounding steps hit the floor and the door is thrown open. Raimius is wearing some sort of white linen shirt with no collar and sleeves that come halfway down his hands.
He looks pretty awful, as would anyone that hadn't slept in days would if they had been woken 10 minutes into their first rest... but he still smiles when he sees you. "Come in... " He steps past you and looks up and down the hall with bleary eyes.

Inside the room, the chair is still tipped over, he was in the bed. Raimius seems to trust Abner's word, and his ability to keep a watch. It is still full daylight, barely early afternoon, and Raimius staggers a little as he puts a hand on your shoulder. With his other hand he opens a dresser drawer, and there are his little weapons. Once you see it, he shuts the drawer again, firmly.
"That's all of them, and I can't put them any farther from me than that right now. I thought that putting all my cards on the table, as it were, would be" YAWN "... sorry... its been a while since I dealt with .... someone civilized."

He only has eyes for the bed now, and staggers towards it. His arms is heavy on Syvi's shoulder and he is strong. You both end up tumbling into the bed with Raimius half undo and half atop Sylvi, and sleeping like the dead a few heartbeats later.
"Thanks for mrphle-mur back...."

Well, at least he doesn't snore.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#63 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:He only has eyes for the bed now, and staggers towards it. His arms is heavy on Syvi's shoulder and he is strong. You both end up tumbling into the bed with Raimius half undo and half atop Sylvi, and sleeping like the dead a few heartbeats later.
"Thanks for mrphle-mur back...."
At first Sylvi struggled a little. Eventually fighting her way into a more comfortable position, be it still close to Raimius. As if Raimius had fallen asleep while trying to hold the she wolf close to his chest.

While Sylvi's initial reaction was to pull away, it wasn't all bad. She too was tired, and the cider in her belly was coaxing her to sleep. He was warm and the bed soft. There was even the pleasant scent of vanilla scented soap that Raimius must have used in the bath in her absence. She moved ever so slowly, pulling a pillow under her head and some of the covers over her body. Trying not to wake Raimius yet again.

Before long, Sylvi found herself feeling truly comfortable and relaxed; listening to Raimius' heart beat close to her as she too drifted to sleep.

Phaing
Master

#64 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote: Trying not to wake Raimius yet again.
It would be no more possible to wake him at that moment than it would have been possible to keep Sylvi awake.
About ten hours later or so, no way to be sure exactly but the moon is shining through the window, so it must be the middle of the night. You can also hear some music, muffled just barely loud enough to make you wonder if it was what made you wake up... if you can really call this being awake-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jHde3CITs0

Then again, it has a peculiar sort of charm.
Raimius has disentangled from you, somewhat, but he does have an arm around Sylvi's head & shoulder, cradling her head to his chest. When she looks up, she can see his eyes are open.
"A more rowdy town than it first appears." He does not move, just takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly. "Well, its been 24 hours, any regrets, Sylvi?"
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#65 Post by The Rookie »

Sylvi stirred a little at the sound of the music, feeling rather groggy and initially trying to go back to sleep when Raimius spoke to her.
Phaing wrote:[Raimius has disentangled from you, somewhat, but he does have an arm around Sylvi's head & shoulder, cradling her head to his chest. When she looks up, she can see his eyes are open.
"A more rowdy town than it first appears." He does not move, just takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly. "Well, its been 24 hours, any regrets, Sylvi?"
Sylvi stirred again, pressing her head back into Raimius's chest "Maybe one or two." She said softly while closing her eyes and tightening her grip on her pillow. Nuzzling her face against her pillow again, trying to get back into her comfy groove. "Surprisingly, this wunsnt gum of hem..." she mumbled before she lay silent next to him again.

Phaing
Master

#66 Post by Phaing »

One surprise after another, but some of them are good ones.

When Sylvi is awake again, it is daytime and has been for about half an hour. (as stated earlier, your room is on the side facing away from sunrise). In fact, you are being shaken gently awake, by Rita. "Oh, eww, you slept in your clothes? that can't have been very comfortable." She asks blithely, looking and smelling as if she just took a good bath herself.
"I guess you folks don't use water much, so I got some stuff for you." She picks at your belt as you wake up. "Come now, get out of this stuff so I can use it!"

Raimius is not in the room, nor are any of his things. What is there is a comb and a couple of brushes (one is more like a Horse brush) and some powdered soap with some dried and crushed up flowers in it. "I read that this is how Tigers like to do it; first I rub that in, and then I comb it all out, right? You'll feel like a new Keidran in no time."

Rita is all smiles and bouncy enthusiasm, and she adds; "We should have enough time, Spooner says we have about half an hour before Breakfast, my new Daddy and uncle should be finished with the horses by then." She even imitates Raimius's voice; "We don't dare to presume any more than we already have of Sylvi, just see if you can help her be more comfortable, that is all." She grins impishly. "So, am I presuming, or would you like help wit this?"

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#67 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:When Sylvi is awake again, it is daytime and has been for about half an hour. In fact, you are being shaken gently awake, by Rita.
Sylvi first attempts to hide under her blankets only to have Rita yank them away. She's not quite a morning person. There was a slight groan as Sylvi sat up in her bed to see Rita sitting beside her. Taking a moment to adjust to her surroundings.
Phaing wrote:"Oh, eww, you slept in your clothes? that can't have been very comfortable." She asks blithely, looking and smelling as if she just took a good bath herself.
"Hmm...?" Sylvi hums as looks down with her eyes half open. "Oh yeah... I completely forgot about -Yawn- those..."
Phaing wrote:"I guess you folks don't use water much, so I got some stuff for you." She picks at your belt as you wake up. "Come now, get out of this stuff so I can use it!"
Sylvi was a little startled as Rita began grasping at her belt. "Hey, hey. Slow down there." Sylvi says as she gently wrestles Rita's hands away. "Just give me a moment to wake up first." she chuckles.

She places a hand behind her where Raimius was laying the night before, reminding her of the events of last night. She has a quick scan of the room and sees that he nor his belongings were still in the room. Although she takes notice of the soaps and flowers, unsure if Raimius had left them for her, or if Rita had brought them herself. She looks back to Rita, still as energetic as always. "So, what did you have in mind, sweetie?" she ask "A hot bath?"
Phaing wrote:"I read that this is how Tigers like to do it; first I rub that in, and then I comb it all out, right? You'll feel like a new Keidran in no time."
"Is that so?" Sylvi asked inquisitively. "I've never bathed like that before, but it sounds like it could be fun."
Phaing wrote:Rita is all smiles and bouncy enthusiasm, and she adds; "We should have enough time, Spooner says we have about half an hour before Breakfast, my new Daddy and uncle should be finished with the horses by then." She even imitates Raimius's voice; "We don't dare to presume any more than we already have of Sylvi, just see if you can help her be more comfortable, that is all."
So, that's where he is, Sylvi thought to herself.
Phaing wrote: She grins impishly. "So, am I presuming, or would you like help wit this?"
Sylvi gave a small nod and a smile. "Alright, Rita. We'll try it your way." she said softly "But I have to warn you, if you pull any knots in my fur, I might accidentally eat ya." she joked, giving a playful snarl as she grabbed Rita and hugged her close.

Phaing
Master

#68 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote:"Alright, Rita. We'll try it your way." she said softly "But I have to warn you, if you pull any knots in my fur, I might accidentally eat ya." she joked, giving a playful snarl as she grabbed Rita and hugged her close.
She giggles into your fur, just a precocious kid now, none of the reserve she has shown before or the evasions to your questions.
"I'm not afraid, nobody ever accidentally ate a whole person. One of those funny kinds of mushrooms maybe, but never a person!"

Rita wants to get Sylvi out of her clothes and to lay face-down on the bed, as if getting ready for a massage. She goes "tsk" and the matted condition of your fur. "Its like you are still wearing a fur coat.... um, promise not to bite me if there are any tangles?"
She sprinkles the dry mix on you and gently rubs it in, she could go a lot harder but seems to think Sylvi is more delicate that her other pets; "It is kinda like grooming my old pony, but your fur is so thick!" The best part is when she brushes it out, learning as she goes but always careful not to tug too hard, especially with the tail.

"So, you know about us now, and the choice that Da- ... Marko, has to make soon. I think he should stay with us, instead of heading back to Morlin Hall alone. I don't even know if I want to stay with those Brothers all winter. They all seem so dull. Okay, roll-over!"
Yeah, she smirked when she said that.

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#69 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:She giggles into your fur, just a precocious kid now, none of the reserve she has shown before or the evasions to your questions. "I'm not afraid, nobody ever accidentally ate a whole person. One of those funny kinds of mushrooms maybe, but never a person!"
"Well there's always a first time for everything." Sylvi said, placing a small kiss on the girl's forehead. "Now, what would you like me to do?" Sylvi asked, looking over at the powdered soap.
Phaing wrote:Rita wants to get Sylvi out of her clothes and to lay face-down on the bed, as if getting ready for a massage.
Sylvi agrees, although she's very modest about it. As she stands to remove her clothing, she does so facing away from Rita, asking her to look away while she did. Once all her gear is removed, she wraps a towel around her waist, with her tail hanging over the edge before lying down on her stomach on the bed. She grabs her pillow and places it just above her chest to lean on. "Yo-You can look now." Sylvi says in a slightly embarrassed tone.
Phaing wrote:She goes "tsk" and the matted condition of your fur. "Its like you are still wearing a fur coat.... um, promise not to bite me if there are any tangles?"
"I promise I'll try not to." she giggled softly.
Phaing wrote:She sprinkles the dry mix on you and gently rubs it in, she could go a lot harder but seems to think Sylvi is more delicate that her other pets; "It is kinda like grooming my old pony, but your fur is so thick!" The best part is when she brushes it out, learning as she goes but always careful not to tug too hard, especially with the tail.
"You can pull a little harder, you know. I'll let you know if you if you're being too rough." Sylvi says through a small sigh. Her eyes are closed and her body relaxed; she almost seems in danger of falling asleep again.
Phaing wrote:"So, you know about us now, and the choice that Da- ... Marko, has to make soon. I think he should stay with us, instead of heading back to Morlin Hall alone. I don't even know if I want to stay with those Brothers all winter. They all seem so dull. Okay, roll-over!"
"Hmm?!" Sylvi hummed when she heard Rita tell her to move. Her eyes wide open and her body tensed up slightly. She realised there wouldn't be much point trying to argue against it, especially since one side of her was already done. Instead, she reaches her right arm under her chest, using it to cover her breast as she slowly turned to face Rita. "L-Like this?" she asked.

Phaing
Master

#70 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote:"You can pull a little harder, you know. I'll let you know if you if you're being too rough." Sylvi says through a small sigh. Her eyes are closed and her body relaxed; she almost seems in danger of falling asleep again.
Her small hands work harder, she uses her fingers as often as the other tools to comb through Sylvi's new winter coat. "That's better, yes? Oh, do NOT fall asleep! We don't want to fall asleep and miss breakfast, they were making bacon-wraps when I looked in."
The Rookie wrote:"Hmm?!" Sylvi hummed when she heard Rita tell her to move. Her eyes wide open and her body tensed up slightly. She realised there wouldn't be much point trying to argue against it, especially since one side of her was already done. Instead, she reaches her right arm under her chest, using it to cover her breast as she slowly turned to face Rita. "L-Like this?" she asked.
"Yes... I mean Yep-er!" She looks you over, and you can see the concentration in her eyes, she is trying hard to get this right on a very unfamiliar sort of body. Then she sees what you are doing, and almost laughs. "Stars and Garters, you've never even had a massage, have you? I ... well, I guess I won't be getting them anymore." She sighs, and gets back to work, going a little more firmly now. "I wonder what it will be like when we go back, if we ever do. Py .... Pete, is the only one from the Palace with me now, and he has hands like little rocks. Oh." She notices the way Sylvi is covering herself. "Shy like that, even around another girl? I AM a girl, you know, I just can't dress like it anymore."

The last thing she does is Sylvi's face, very gently and with a smile in her face... and it may occur to Sylvi that she seem this sort of behavior before, even taken part in it. Its how girls play at prettying each other up.
"We're almost out of time, sit up so I can brush out your hair."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#71 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:"Yes... I mean Yep-er!" She looks you over, and you can see the concentration in her eyes, she is trying hard to get this right on a very unfamiliar sort of body. Then she sees what you are doing, and almost laughs. "Stars and Garters, you've never even had a massage, have you? I ... well, I guess I won't be getting them anymore." She sighs, and gets back to work, going a little more firmly now. "I wonder what it will be like when we go back, if we ever do. Py .... Pete, is the only one from the Palace with me now, and he has hands like little rocks. Oh." She notices the way Sylvi is covering herself. "Shy like that, even around another girl? I AM a girl, you know, I just can't dress like it anymore."
Sylvi was still embarrassed by her predicament. "It's not that. It's just I feel uncomfortable being exposed in front of others. Male or Female." she says softly; trying to enjoy the experience as best she could. Being from Ditteridge, Sylvi was exposed to several human customs, and one she took to heart was their sense of modesty.
Phaing wrote:The last thing she does is Sylvi's face, very gently and with a smile in her face... and it may occur to Sylvi that she seem this sort of behavior before, even taken part in it. Its how girls play at prettying each other up.
"We're almost out of time, sit up so I can brush out your hair."
Sylvi sits up for Rita, sitting cross legged with her back straight; Still covering herself as she did. "So, 'Marko' isn't from the palace, huh?" Sylvi ask with an uncertain tone "Would you mind if I ask how you came to know him?"

Phaing
Master

#72 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote:Sylvi was still embarrassed by her predicament. "It's not that. It's just I feel uncomfortable being exposed in front of others. Male or Female."
"But why?" She tries to puzzle it out, and she smiles when she thinks she has it figured out. "Because it's so cold here! Yes, that must be it, a survival trait disguised as a social convention. You could die if you weren't all bundled up ... but, doesn't that make it hard to keep clean?"

The Rookie wrote:Sylvi sits up for Rita, sitting cross legged with her back straight; Still covering herself as she did. "So, 'Marko' isn't from the palace, huh?" Sylvi ask with an uncertain tone "Would you mind if I ask how you came to know him?"
A year ago, and a couple of years before that time too... Father brought that man into my room. "Look at his face and don't ever forget him. If he ever comes to you, even in the middle of the night, and says that it is an emergency and you must do as he says, YOU DO IT! His job is to protect or avenge me, but if he comes to see you it is to save your life. Now... just remember, and never tell anyone in this place anything about him!
And that was it. Father was like that, I don't think he even noticed that I could barely sleep for a week after that."
Rita stops what she is doing, and just stares off into space for a moment.
"A month ago, a Templar came for me, he had something that looked like a knife or a wand, or both. Marko stepped in front of me, so the Templar tried to use it on him. It didn't work, and Ra- ... Marko, grabbed him and threw the Templar head-first down a flight of stairs.
I never saw anything like that before."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#73 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:
The Rookie wrote:Sylvi was still embarrassed by her predicament. "It's not that. It's just I feel uncomfortable being exposed in front of others. Male or Female."
"But why?" She tries to puzzle it out, and she smiles when she thinks she has it figured out. "Because it's so cold here! Yes, that must be it, a survival trait disguised as a social convention. You could die if you weren't all bundled up ... but, doesn't that make it hard to keep clean?"
Sylvi let out a slight chuckle. "Yes, suppose there's a survivor aspect to it as well. I can still remember my father constantly complaining about the nippy winter nights. Mother and I would sit by the fire place in the dead of winder with only a thin shirt and a pair of trousers, while Dad would be there bundled up in 2 layers of heavy coats and a blanket. Always going on about how he missed the sunny forest summers." She smiles fondly at the memory.

"Oh, just so you know. You can't get your fur dirty if the dirt can't reach it. That's another bonus of clothing" she joked
Phaing wrote:I never saw anything like that before."
Sylvi looked down, afraid she'd stirred some unpleasant memories for the child. "I'm sorry. For what happened to your father and to you." she placed her free and on Rita's knee trying to give her some comfort. "I'm glad he was there. Otherwise I'd never have had this chance to have met you." she said softly, following up with a lighter tone "Or have my hair done like a tigress."

Phaing
Master

#74 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote:Sylvi looked down, afraid she'd stirred some unpleasant memories for the child. "I'm sorry. For what happened to your father and to you." she placed her free and on Rita's knee trying to give her some comfort. "I'm glad he was there. Otherwise I'd never have had this chance to have met you." she said softly, following up with a lighter tone "Or have my hair done like a tigress."
"Ah, well, I only saw it once. This rich Tigress named Zha-Zha was a guest once, and her human servant did it for her. She was all fun-"

"What is going on up there?" I t is Raimius, hollering from the bottom of the stairs. "This is not a good time to be fashionably late unless you want to hit the road on an empty stomach!"

Rita will help you get dressed and as soon as you open the door, you get a whiff of the breakfast awaiting you down there.

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#75 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:"What is going on up there?" I t is Raimius, hollering from the bottom of the stairs. "This is not a good time to be fashionably late unless you want to hit the road on an empty stomach!"
"Hold on, we're coming down!" Sylvi called back. She looked back to Rita, then to her clothes. "W-Would you mind turning away again? Just for a moment." she ask. She's still rather modest dispite Rita having just seen the majority of her exposed. She pulls on her basic undergarments, before she ask Rita for help with her remaining clothes. Her belts, coat and bandoleer in particular.

Just before she leaves, she quickly runs over to the mirror to examine Rita's handy work. Quite pleased with how it all turned out. "I've got to say you've done a lovely job. I'm almost tempted to keep you around for myself." she said whist still admiring herself in the mirror a few more seconds before heading out of the room. "Come on now." she calls to Rita, offering her hand to hold. "We'd better get down there before they take all the good pieces for themselves."