The Daily Beasts

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#871 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote:Annaria is doing very well, and she gets in no trouble at all, but the pleading look is hard for Rita to interpret... she takes it to mean that you don't want to go out there. "Okay, you take the food, and I'll go find a bucket."
Anaraia starts to say that she didn't mean for Rita to go, but her arms were full of the food and Rita already on her new duty before she could. She goes back to the room with the food. and explains to Raimius where Rita is. "The guy down there wouldn't give us water, so Rita went to pump some."
Phaing wrote:However, it isn't too long before Rita re-appears, having succeeded in completing the simple task of filling a couple of buckets of water herself. Lugging it up the stairs isn't so easy, however....
She hears Rita return and having difficulties, and goes out to help. After taking a bucket from Rita, she speaks in a hushed tone so only Rita could hear. "I'm sorry, I was hoping to make him feel pity, and maybe make an exception. I guess maybe speaking then would have been a good idea."
She has a little trouble lugging the bucket up the stairs, but doesn't complain, and had much less than Rita would have taking both.

#872 Post by 2561642 »

Phaing wrote:Heh, she is bored too. "My name is Camillia, and I can show you a much better time than your little girls can tonight." She nods to the door she just closed behind her. "Bring enough silver and I'll let you stay all night."

From bellow, a man calls out "Hey Cam!" She smiles and waves, and with a glance at Tycho she shugs and heads down the stairs.
"Don't ake too long to make up your mind." She purrs as she passes by him, and deftly slips past Annaria as she trudges up the stairs.... alone.
His unhappy grimace has become ever so slightly less fake over the course of this encounter. He does not respond or even look in Camillia's direction as she leaves. The sooner they can get out of this town, the better.
Phaing wrote:However, it isn't too long before Rita re-appears, having succeeded in completing the simple task of filling a couple of buckets of water herself. Lugging it up the stairs isn't so easy, however....
True to his current overbearing persona, Tycho makes no motion to help. He waits for the two of them to pass before following them upstairs. He remains silent and as imposing as he can manage until they're in the room with Sylvi and Raimius.

As soon as the door is closed, his expression becomes much more relaxed, and he breathes a sigh of relief, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "I never considered the possibility that one could make their own face sore. I suppose I need scowling practice." If Rita and Anaraia have not yet set down their cargo, he moves to help them do so.

Phaing
Master

#873 Post by Phaing »

DarkTheImmortal wrote: She has a little trouble lugging the bucket up the stairs, but doesn't complain, and had much less than Rita would have taking both.
At least, with Tycho glowering down at you, nobody is daring to show you any pity.
2561642 wrote:He remains silent and as imposing as he can manage until they're in the room with Sylvi and Raimius.

As soon as the door is closed, his expression becomes much more relaxed, and he breathes a sigh of relief, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "I never considered the possibility that one could make their own face sore. I suppose I need scowling practice." If Rita and Anaraia have not yet set down their cargo, he moves to help them do so.
//to remind you- you got 3 rooms, you won't have to spend any more time in this one unless you have something to do. And I really need to move this on to get Rookie back in this with this post//

The few glances sent Tycho's way by the people downstairs confirm that his act is working. People take him for what he is pretending to be... but rest assured, he hasn't made himself any friends.
Not the sort that decent folks would want, anyhow.

In the room, Raimius accepts the water with a "Thanks" and re-fills the bowl that he just got done using for himself.That other bucket is for your use, now go on and get some rest, you all did just fine today. He glances at Tycho. "Better than I thought possible, to tell the truth."
Raimius didn't think Tycho was overly fond of Keidran before, now he is starting to wonder if there is anyone at all that Tycho likes very much. (yeah, he had an eye to the keyhole, and redheads are hard to miss around here).

Tycho can have a room to himself of course, and Rita shares with Annarinda very comfortably in a room with one huge bed.

.... as for the next morning, it will be your turn to wait on what Sylvi will be up to....
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#874 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote:And I really need to move this on to get Rookie back in this with this post//
(I agree, so sorry if this seems a little more rushed than my usual)

After delivering the water, Anaraia goes to her and Rita's room whenever Rita does, with little talking in-between as she is exhausted from the day. At first planning on curling up in the corner to sleep, she will only move to the bed after Rita insists a couple times.

(I will now wait for after everyone, including rookie, posts)

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#875 Post by The Rookie »

When morning finally comes around; a very sick she wolf begins to stir.

Every part of her body ached in one way or another. Her eyes stung, her stomach churned, her head throbbed like nothing she’d experienced before, and every little possible sensation imaginable was amplified tenfold. Something as subtle as Raimius’ gentle breathing sounded like a snarling cave bear in her ear, and a slight waft of her fur smelt of stale rum and salt. This was certainly one of the times a keirdan’s heightened senses were more detrimental than anything else.

Sylvi slowly shrugged off Raimius’ arm that lay draped across her mid rift. She wasn’t in the mood for subtlety, so little care was taken to prevent him from waking in the process. She simply let his limb drop to the mattress with a light thud. Grumbling each time she had to exert even the slightest amount of force.
She manages to swing her legs over the edge of the bed, just sitting there a minute or so just cradling her head in her hands. It was going to be a hard morning...

Sylvi staggers to her feet, letting out an audible grown of anguish as her foot pads made contact with the icy cold flood. She hadn’t even noticed she was missing her clothes until she felt a chill blow in from under the poorly closed window. Suddenly feeling overly exposed, Sylvi starts to search the area for anything of hers, but after a while it becomes apparent that they were taken away or lost elsewhere. “Perfect... Bloody perfect...” she mutters in a raspy gravelly voice.

Having no other options, and refusing to go anywhere naked, Sylvi dons on Raimius’ coat and pants he’d left carelessly by the bed side. They were baggier than she’d like, and she was forced to wear the bottoms backwards, using the fly as a tail hole. She looked and felt ridiculous, but there were several things she needed to address, and none of them could wait another 5-10 minutes.

Walking out the bedroom door, Sylvi concludes she had absolutely no memory of this place, nor how they’d gotten there. Now that she thought about it, she was having trouble remembering anything past walking onto the ship.

Making an educated guess, she begins to make her way down towards the Inn’s common area in search of food. There’s a distant scent of cooking meats coming from a few floors below, but there’s also an almost over powering stench of lavender and cheese. Strong enough that she catches some vomit in the back of her throat as she moved towards it.
Phaing wrote:well, there are spittoons and discarded buckets around here.
Certainly fortunate given what happens next. Sylvi quick falls to the ground, lurched over one of the open spittoon tucked away along the hall. The initial gagging wasn't quite enough to make her sick, but the sudden unpleasant order that drifted up from the foul festering concoction of stale saliva, mucus and chewing leaves sends her well and truly over the edge. At least her stomach felt a little calmer now...
Phaing wrote:There is a wrap-around walkway at the second level, which is open to the main floor below. There are room doors at this level and a couple of stairways leading up to the 3rd level. Down below you have the usual common room and fireplace, tables and chairs, trapdoor, and no bar but seveal doors leading out of the back of the room.
When Sylvi comes to the main common area she'll stop and look around for signs of... Well.. Anyone...
If there's still a strong sent of food coming from any particular direction, she'll continue following that trail. This would involve a lot of walking around in circles sniffing at the air, but she'll keep going until she finds it.

However, if there's any sounds, like people talking, moving around and so on that'd grab her attention and she'll wonder towards that instead. Any member of staff could help her get what she'd need, and a patron could point her in the right way if need be. It'd certainly beat wondering around blindly.

Phaing wrote:Well, I can't really narrow that down too much for you. It is an Inn, lots of people there. A couple of men are still lying on or near the hearth, they could not afford rooms. Around the corner hidden under a staircase is a maid and a young stableboy just waking up, and trying to get dressed quietly.

And in the kitchen is all of that stuff you just smelled, plus pastry. THey have not started with the bacon yet, that does not take long to cook.
Unfortunately for Sylvi, nothing can be done quietly without her knowledge. She heads toward the two making all the racket under the stairs; introducing herself with harsh hushing sound.

“Shhhh! Shh... Shhhhhh... Please, keep it down..." Sylvi pleads, her ears are folded back and there's a grimace of pain every time either makes a move. "I’m looking for the kitchens... Annnnnd... The bar...” her words are very slow and deliberate, and she’s clutching at the sides of her head with her eyes closed when she speaks. “W-Which way do I go.. To order... Food... And spirits...?”
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Phaing
Master

#876 Post by Phaing »

DarkTheImmortal wrote: After delivering the water, Anaraia goes to her and Rita's room whenever Rita does, with little talking in-between as she is exhausted from the day. At first planning on curling up in the corner to sleep, she will only move to the bed after Rita insists a couple times.
She does more than insist. "If you are going to sleep on the floor, then so shall I." and she start pulling the blanket off the bed. If that does not work, she will give you a curious look; "You don't have fleas, do you?"
Next stop; a giggling pillow-fight.
The Rookie wrote:“Shhhh! Shh... Shhhhhh... Please, keep it down..." Sylvi pleads, her ears are folded back and there's a grimace of pain every time either makes a move. "I’m looking for the kitchens... Annnnnd... The bar...” her words are very slow and deliberate, and she’s clutching at the sides of her head with her eyes closed when she speaks. “W-Which way do I go.. To order... Food... And spirits...?”
Oh my...

They are too shocked to do anything but point, both at the same time, to roughly the same direction. No, wait, the boy is pointing down the halls when she says 'Spirits'. Then they both gasp and try to use those arms to cover themselves up with, too late. The girl is one of the few women around here that can't be described as very well endowed, but the boy is almost too much to be believable. Neither will move or speak until Sylvi goes away.

The Bar is absolutely deserted, and oddly divided. Men don't drink with women outside of the big common room around here (a quaint little thing you can see in the first movie about "The Invisible Man").
At the Kitchen, on the other hand, there is more banging of pots and more voices getting busier by the minute.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

#877 Post by 2561642 »

[[FINALLY, the forums are back up. I was a bit worried there.]]
Phaing wrote:Tycho can have a room to himself of course, and Rita shares with Annarinda very comfortably in a room with one huge bed.
Some uninterrupted sleep in a room that isn't constantly in motion is a welcome change for Tycho, and he'll wake up very refreshed and in a generally good mood. Unfortunately, he'll have to hide that good mood as well as he can.

Tycho will get up to get breakfast and wear his brooding face the whole time, making sure to be needlessly terse with whoever he needs to ask for food. He'll be looking for Raimius or Sylvi, but more concerned with getting food first.

By the time Sylvi wakes up, he'll most likely be eating, unless some unforeseen complication arises before he gets to stuff his face.

[[Short, I know, but I think it will segue well into whatever goes on in the morning. Glad to finally have a chance to post this. :P]]

Phaing
Master

#878 Post by Phaing »

2561642 wrote:[[FINALLY, the forums are back up. I was a bit worried there.]]
//me too! But, it happens, I'm glad it was only about 5 days worth//
2561642 wrote:By the time Sylvi wakes up, he'll most likely be eating, unless some unforeseen complication arises before he gets to stuff his face.
Actually, Sylvi is already up and around, too early for breakfast to officially be ready for serving //but she will probably run into Tycho first when things are actually being served.... seems like she is going to be serving herself by the time you are even awake ;) //

-George Bernard Shaw

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#879 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote:She does more than insist. "If you are going to sleep on the floor, then so shall I."
Next stop; a giggling pillow-fight.
Anaraia gives in after Rita tries to sleep on the floor herself.

She is awoken the next day by her stomach growling. She slowly gets out of the bed and tries to walk as quietly as possible to the door, as to not wake Rita. She opens the door just a crack to smell if breakfast has started, only to get a whiff of Sylvi's strong odor (assuming Sylvi hasn't been completely washed, and if she has, then just Sylvi's normal smell) followed by the smell she was hoping for.

She slips out of the room, starts acting the way she did when she had to get the food the previous night, and heads to where the source of the glorious smell of food is. To not ruin the illusion, she will sit near Tycho, and try to eat a little slowly, despite her hunger.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#880 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:Oh my...

They are too shocked to do anything but point, both at the same time, to roughly the same direction. No, wait, the boy is pointing down the halls when she says 'Spirits'. Then they both gasp and try to use those arms to cover themselves up with, too late. The girl is one of the few women around here that can't be described as very well endowed, but the boy is almost too much to be believable. Neither will move or speak until Sylvi goes away.
Sylvi wasn't even remotely phased by their appearance; she just continued staring blankly at them until either pointed her where she wanted to go.

Having gotten what she asked for, she turned to walk away without so much as a thank you. Caring so little about the interaction that she'd completely forgotten what either looked like the moment she turned her gaze away from them.

They weren't food, so why should she care?
Phaing wrote:The Bar is absolutely deserted, and oddly divided. Men don't drink with women outside of the big common room around here (a quaint little thing you can see in the first movie about "The Invisible Man").
At the Kitchen, on the other hand, there is more banging of pots and more voices getting busier by the minute.
Sylvi couldn't bring herself to walk through the entrance to the kitchens, not with all that dreadful noise of crashing pots and pans that flooded her ears like hail stones in a heavy storm. It was utterly unbearable...

Looks like it's the bar for now...

Making her way to the counter, she neglected the apparent seating arrangement in favour of the first seat she could reach. She takes a seat before slumping forward on the bar top.

"Hey.... Bar person... I need... Help..."

Phaing
Master

#881 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote: "Hey.... Bar person... I need... Help..."
Someone tending the bar, at this time of morning?
Seriously ?
No, there is not even anyone here keeping a watch on this part of the Inn.

However, the bar itself is still there, and if Sylvi is daring enough to have a look- no kegs are spiked ... or rather, those that are have been emptied.
There are bottles, lots of them. How good is Sylvi at reading the Human alphabet?
Wines, lots of them, some bottles even have dust on them. And there are other things, stronger stuff. Even a bottle that looks expensive because of the mesh of silver covering most of the bottle.
//Ouzo, if you know about that stuff//

And you have the place to yourself, until...
DarkTheImmortal wrote: She slips out of the room, starts acting the way she did when she had to get the food the previous night, and heads to where the source of the glorious smell of food is. To not ruin the illusion, she will sit near Tycho, and try to eat a little slowly, despite her hunger.
And the stairs you will be taking down to the 1st floor will be the set that passes over Sylvi's head.

//But in all fairness, lets give Rookie one more post for Sylvi's misadventures, I'd say its been earned//

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#882 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:Someone tending the bar, at this time of morning?
Seriously ?
No, there is not even anyone here keeping a watch on this part of the Inn.
She waits about 30 seconds for anyone to respond to her.... Anyone at all...

After hours of waiting (about 2 minutes), Sylvi lets out a long deep sigh followed by muttering several Keidran curses all stringed together without pause as she goes to serve herself.
Phaing wrote:There are bottles, lots of them. How good is Sylvi at reading the Human alphabet?
//Equally as literate as she is with the Keidran language//
Phaing wrote:Wines, lots of them, some bottles even have dust on them. And there are other things, stronger stuff. Even a bottle that looks expensive because of the mesh of silver covering most of the bottle.
//Ouzo, if you know about that stuff//
Sylvi starts pulling bottles down from the shelves, looking for something very specific. The first few are neatly placed on the counter behind her, but after the 7th or 8th she just starts dropping them everywhere and anywhere that's a flat surface. (Still being placed gently, just everywhere.)

The silver bottle sadly doesn't hold much appeal. She could smell it's contents long before she touched the bottle, screwing up her nose in disgust.

She does find something she wants though. She has one bottle of cheap vodka, but lacks the rest of her recipe to make what she so desperately needs...
Phaing wrote:And you have the place to yourself, until...
//Just by listening for footprints, she can tell she's not alone.

"You... I need that special keidran milk... Bring me some..." She says in her slow deliberate tone, not even turning to face the door way. Instead she's starting to go through the bar in search of larger glasses and something to mix the liquids with... "Where do you keep your.... The stuff... ? You know the thing with the thing.... That one..."

#883 Post by 2561642 »

Tycho does not go anywhere near the bar, so he wouldn't notice Sylvi's antics yet.
DarkTheImmortal wrote:She slips out of the room, starts acting the way she did when she had to get the food the previous night, and heads to where the source of the glorious smell of food is. To not ruin the illusion, she will sit near Tycho, and try to eat a little slowly, despite her hunger.

He proceeds to completely ignore Anaraia as he eats.Years of moving from city to city and inn to inn have caused him to develop a habit of eating very quickly, and with her intentionally eating more slowly, he's done long before she is.

Before he gets up to leave, he suddenly acknowledges Anaraia's presence with a forceful demand. "I expect a cup of hot tea in my room no later than two hours from now, and no earlier than an hour and fifty-five minutes from now. If you can't find tea, coffee will do. Can you manage that?" He practically spits the last part. He struggles to keep how uncomfortable he just made himself from being visible on the outside. He nearly startled himself with how aggressive that was - he resolves to apologize to Anaraia as soon as she gets to his room, whether she has the drink or not. This is going to be a long day.

After hopefully not making Anaraia think he's actually a slave-driver, he walks deliberately towards the stairs and his room. His metal boots make solid thuds on the wooden floor that are a little bit intentionally louder than usual. Silently, he hopes that he can make it to his room without being interrupted, so he can stop holding this uncomfortable expression of faux, silent rage.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#884 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

The Rookie wrote:
Phaing wrote:And you have the place to yourself, until...
//Just by listening for footprints, she can tell she's not alone.

"You... I need that special keidran milk... Bring me some..." She says in her slow deliberate tone, not even turning to face the door way. Instead she's starting to go through the bar in search of larger glasses and something to mix the liquids with... "Where do you keep your.... The stuff... ? You know the thing with the thing.... That one..."
(Since I think Phaing was talking about Anaraia coming down the stairs, if not and I misinterpreted something, you can ignore this section)
"What? I don't work here." After taking a moment to make sure no one was around, she spoke in a hushed voice, and in Keidran, just to be triple sure. "<We kind of have a cover story going on. I think you should go talk to Raimius to make sure you know everything. Also, good to see you awake again.>"
2561642 wrote:"I expect a cup of hot tea in my room no later than two hours from now, and no earlier than an hour and fifty-five minutes from now. If you can't find tea, coffee will do. Can you manage that?" He practically spits the last part.
"y-yes sir." she said obediently, giving a slight bow. Before finishing her meal, she goes to the cooks and tell them that she would need the coffee, and then would return to it after they confirmed the order. And if not...
(Guess we'll have a little dialog then)

Phaing
Master

#885 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote: "You... I need that special keidran milk... Bring me some..." She says in her slow deliberate tone, not even turning to face the door way. Instead she's starting to go through the bar in search of larger glasses and something to mix the liquids with... "Where do you keep your.... The stuff... ? You know the thing with the thing.... That one..."
DarkTheImmortal wrote: (Since I think Phaing was talking about Anaraia coming down the stairs, if not and I misinterpreted something, you can ignore this section)
I'm starting to get confused myself at this point...
"What? I don't work here." After taking a moment to make sure no one was around, she spoke in a hushed voice, and in Keidran, just to be triple sure. "<We kind of have a cover story going on. I think you should go talk to Raimius to make sure you know everything. Also, good to see you awake again.>"
The maid that was under the stairs emerges, buckling her belt and absolutely flummoxed by the words coming from Sylvi, until it dawns on her;
"Milk?... oh [censored] , the Cow!" and without another thought she runs right out of the building to take care of some forgotten chore.
2561642 wrote:"I expect a cup of hot tea in my room no later than two hours from now, and no earlier than an hour and fifty-five minutes from now. If you can't find tea, coffee will do. Can you manage that?" He practically spits the last part.
DarkTheImmortal wrote:"y-yes sir." she said obediently, giving a slight bow. Before finishing her meal, she goes to the cooks and tell them that she would need the coffee, and then would return to it after they confirmed the order. And if not...
(Guess we'll have a little dialog then)
//With each other, most likely, I am leaving Raimius and Rita asleep while I run the rest of the NPCs in the building, but in the meanwhile-//

Right after Tycho leaves, the owner of this place plops down at the table reading an invoice, and attempts to drink from an empty glass.
"WHO IN THE HELLS ATE MY BREAKFAST!"
Heh heh.... Tycho got a freebie, and nobody saw him do it.
It may be best to let this one slide; this is a matronly woman of about 40, 6 feet tall and about 200 pounds... and an awful lot of that is muscle.

Annaria can slip into the Kitchen through a side-passage without even seeing that, and 3 women are working at getting breakfast for two dozen people ready. One of them smiles and nods at Annarinda, but before she can say anything, there is that roar from the common room, and one of them nearly drops a platter that she has just put together.
And then all 3 of them look at you....

-George Bernard Shaw