The Daily Beasts

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Phaing
Master

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#841 Post by Phaing »

Another result of Sylvi's rants-
"Is this why we have to take Liberty on ol' Soggy?"
The Duke laughs at the Sailor that asked that; "Liberty? You'll be lucky if we get away from there all winter!"

Now all the men are glaring at you with sullen eyes, and its all "grumble grumble rotten luck grumble."
The Rookie wrote:....
Once he's nice and comfortable, he'll begin bellowing every sailor's shanty and tavern drinking song that Sylvi had learnt over her travels. Naturally, they're all in elk, so following along may prove difficult.
You ain't kidding -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20PET6-Hr_c

But you gotta admit, it is attention-getting.

2561642 wrote:... And, to the Duke, "Upon reflection, it is now my recommendation that Sylvi be tossed out of the hatch." He leaves it at that, shaking his head.
"Shhh!"
One of the sailors puts his hands together like a stirrup for Sylvi to use as a step up... and then just heaves her up and out of the open hatch.
"Now she is that other guys problem!"

Good thing Raimius was already moving to help with that since the familiar bulk of the U-boat appeared nest to the Gig.
2561642 wrote:Tycho had wanted to go last, but in the interest of saving time, he doesn't press Rita on it, satisfied with going up next to last. However, he can't resist the urge to quickly stick his hand out into the water through one of the portholes. When he pulls his metal-clad arm back in, it is completely dry. He smiles broadly under his mask and then silently makes his way out of the hatch.
//I hope I didn't disappoint you with this, but there will be many other challenges for Tycho//

The Duke sighs. "I could make you famous for what you have done here, but something tells me that would not be in your best interests right now."
And one of the men hands you something on the way out; a compass. It's a good one, only about the size of your fist. "You never know, right?"
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Alarm shot across her face, and if it wasn't covered in fur, there would be blushing. "<WHAT?>" She said a little too loudly for the cramped space they were in. She obviously just now picked up on what Sylvi was trying to do. "<No no no no no no. I don't see him like that, I don't want to see him like that. Call me old fashioned but I would prefer a nice fox that I've known for more that a few days.>"
Okay, the help the Sailors give you on your way out of the boat is much more on the kind and gentle side than what Sylvi got.
DarkTheImmortal wrote:After that little phrase about Tycho from Sylvi, She tries to help Sylvi out as quickly as possible, trying to escape the situation. Inevitably failing, she waits for someone else to help. After Sylvi is out, Anaraia follows quickly behind.
Actually, I think Tycho beat you to it, and Rita comes right behind you. Her parting words; "You guys might want to stay right here a while and leave that hatch open, its pretty rank in there."
Its not like they care very much, most of the Sailors not doing anything have put their heads down for a cat-nap.

The Gig is bobbing just a little, and the men on it will help you aboard. It will be a bit of a climb to get up on the dock, this one was made for the bigger ships. Raimius is of course going to help Sylvi personally, but he is surprised at your condition. "Did those damn sailors have a drinking party down there, and get you messed up?"
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#842 Post by The Rookie »

2561642 wrote:"*AHEM*, <Are you, perhaps, forgetting someth-... you know what, forget it.>" And, to the Duke, "Upon reflection, it is now my recommendation that Sylvi be tossed out of the hatch." He leaves it at that, shaking his head.
I'm afraid his protest fell of deaf ears. Sylvi was far too invested her little game to pay any attention to the disgruntled Tycho.
DarkTheImmortal wrote:Alarm shot across her face, and if it wasn't covered in fur, there would be blushing. "<WHAT?>" She said a little too loudly for the cramped space they were in. She obviously just now picked up on what Sylvi was trying to do. "<No no no no no no. I don't see him like that, I don't want to see him like that. Call me old fashioned but I would prefer a nice fox that I've known for more that a few days.>"
"<Hehe, old fashioned.>" Sylvi utters slyly. "<Ok, I understand. I'm sure you'll get to know each other a bit better over the next week. A traditional pairing should only take a few days for someone your age, right?" She chuckles to herself before letting out a sigh. "<I remember what it was like being 9... Feels so long ago now...>"
Phaing wrote: One of the sailors puts his hands together like a stirrup for Sylvi to use as a step up... and then just heaves her up and out of the open hatch.
As she's about to give yet another helpful piece of advice, she interrupted by the sailor stood below the hatch. "<Oh, see? Humans can be lovely. Look how helpful this one's being.>" She says as he places an unsteady paw in the sailor's strong hands. "<I didn't even ask for help and here he is. A perfect gentlem- Yip!>"
Phaing wrote:Raimius is of course going to help Sylvi personally, but he is surprised at your condition. "Did those damn sailors have a drinking party down there, and get you messed up?"
"Maimius?" She says uncertainly, but given a second to recognise the figure before her she leaps forward, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck. "Rarco!"

She's hugging him tightly, burring her face into his neck. If you didn't know better you'd think they'd been apart for months. "Hello Rami. You're my favourite human. Rami Rami." muttering happily as she nuzzles.

Unfortunately, she won't exactly reek of roses. Hours of drinking, sweat from being in a hot cramped space, as well as being terrified out of her mind for a good portion of the voyage; the smell of other putrid hot sweaty sailors clinging to her fur and a slight hint of stomach acid on her breath from the occasional vomity burp. Needles to say, she was a bit ripe.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

#843 Post by 2561642 »

Phaing wrote://I hope I didn't disappoint you with this, but there will be many other challenges for Tycho//
[[Oooh, sounds exciting! I am in no way disappointed - just figured Tycho had been dying to do that the whole time (I know I would have been). :) ]]
DarkTheImmortal wrote:Alarm shot across her face, and if it wasn't covered in fur, there would be blushing. "<WHAT?>" She said a little too loudly for the cramped space they were in. She obviously just now picked up on what Sylvi was trying to do. "<No no no no no no. I don't see him like that, I don't want to see him like that. Call me old fashioned but I would prefer a nice fox that I've known for more that a few days.>"
"<Once again, Sylvi, I implore you to listen to the fox.>"
Phaing wrote:The Duke sighs. "I could make you famous for what you have done here, but something tells me that would not be in your best interests right now."
"You're right - fame is the last thing I want, let alone need."
Phaing wrote:And one of the men hands you something on the way out; a compass. It's a good one, only about the size of your fist. "You never know, right?"
He looks briefly at the compass. "No, I suppose you don't. I'll make sure to hold on to this."
The Rookie wrote:
Phaing wrote:Raimius is of course going to help Sylvi personally, but he is surprised at your condition. "Did those damn sailors have a drinking party down there, and get you messed up?"
"Maimius?" She says uncertainly, but given a second to recognise the figure before her she leaps forward, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck. "Rarco!"

She's hugging him tightly, burring her face into his neck. If you didn't know better you'd think they'd been apart for months. "Hello Rami. You're my favourite human. Rami Rami." muttering happily as she nuzzles.

Unfortunately, she won't exactly reek of roses. Hours of drinking, sweat from being in a hot cramped space, as well as being terrified out of her mind for a good portion of the voyage; the smell of other putrid hot sweaty sailors clinging to her fur and a slight hint of stomach acid on her breath from the occasional vomity burp. Needles to say, she was a bit ripe.
Tycho grunts as he pulls himself up out of the U-boat and onto the gig, taking a moment to brush stray wood shavings off his robes. He turns around and looks down at the U-boat, ready to help Rita get out. "There was no party down there. She brought her own booze - filled the spare canteen she insisted on bringing with it. I think she did it to take the edge off the claustrophobia that she neglected to mention before we set off on our cramped little journey."

It is at this point he turns his head and looks at Raimius. "I don't think it worked very well."

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#844 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

The Rookie wrote:"<Hehe, old fashioned.>" Sylvi utters slyly. "<Ok, I understand. I'm sure you'll get to know each other a bit better over the next week. A traditional pairing should only take a few days for someone your age, right?" She chuckles to herself before letting out a sigh. "<I remember what it was like being 9... Feels so long ago now...>"
All she can no is put her face in her paws. "<I'm only 7. I don't need to be thinking about a relationship yet anyways.>" She looks embaresed, not because she likes Tycho, but because it's someone trying to pair her up with someone.
The Rookie wrote:
Phaing wrote:One of the sailors puts his hands together like a stirrup for Sylvi to use as a step up... and then just heaves her up and out of the open hatch.
As she's about to give yet another helpful piece of advice, she interrupted by the sailor stood below the hatch. "<Oh, see? Humans can be lovely. Look how helpful this one's being.>" She says as he places an unsteady paw in the sailor's strong hands. "<I didn't even ask for help and here he is. A perfect gentlem- Yip!>"
Anaraia couldn't contain her laugh. It was probably not loud enough for Sylvi to hear outside of the ship, but maybe Tycho and Rita.
Once she is out of the ship, she makes sure to stay from Sylvi, but not far enough away to still obviously be a part of the group to onlookers, still looking a little embarrassed from Sylvi's comments.
2561642 wrote:"There was no party down there. She brought her own booze - filled the spare canteen she insisted on bringing with it. I think she did it to take the edge off the claustrophobia that she neglected to mention before we set off on our cramped little journey."

It is at this point he turns his head and looks at Raimius. "I don't think it worked very well."
"And she tried to get me and Tycho together. We need a place to rest while she sobers up. I don't want to be traveling with her like that." She was looking around to see if there was such a place nearby, looking a little longer at any alleys or stables out of habit from her travels.

Phaing
Master

#845 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote: She's hugging him tightly, burring her face into his neck. If you didn't know better you'd think they'd been apart for months. "Hello Rami. You're my favourite human. Rami Rami." muttering happily as she nuzzles.

Oh, great...
"Smells like you got out of there just in time." Instead of helping her up onto the dock, he steers Sylvi to the railing of the Gig and points down. "What's that?" and he holds in to her, expecting the bobbing motion to make her puke.
Better now that when they are walking into an Inn, which is the next destination he has planned.

2561642 wrote: Tycho grunts as he pulls himself up out of the U-boat and onto the gig, taking a moment to brush stray wood shavings off his robes. He turns around and looks down at the U-boat, ready to help Rita get out. "There was no party down there. She brought her own booze - filled the spare canteen she insisted on bringing with it. I think she did it to take the edge off the claustrophobia that she neglected to mention before we set off on our cramped little journey."

"Oh... really?" Raimius rolls his eyes at Sylvi. "Claustrophobia, is it? Well dear, I'm just going to have to remind you of this day the next time you try to chastise me for pushing myself too hard or taking a bad risk."
He will be practically carrying Sylvi up onto the dock with no mention of her smell or condition after that, but he will be asking if anyone has a Canteen with some actual water in it.

Rita stays with Annaria, between her and Tycho. "Don't be too upset, I have never seen Sylvi like this, but then I have never seen her drink like that either." In a lower voice; "Tycho isn't interested, so don't worry about that either. But I have to admit, I'm starting to get curious myself. In a couple of years I'm going to see about getting a Kiedran boyfriend." She winks. "Don't tell them."
DarkTheImmortal wrote: "And she tried to get me and Tycho together. We need a place to rest while she sobers up. I don't want to be traveling with her like that." She was looking around to see if there was such a place nearby, looking a little longer at any alleys or stables out of habit from her travels.
People are still gawking at Sven, but not getting any closer //he does sound a bit like a Nazgul at times// and the first man that sees you asks; "What is that thing?"

Raimius; "What thing?" and whispers to Sylvi; "Can you get him to vanish in a nice, theatrical way? like, all poof and sparkles?"

Meanwhile, Rita tugs Tycho's sleeve. (she can reach much higher than that, but she does not want anyone to see it) "Psst... you are by far the most civilized adult here, do you think you can lead the way for a while, help us find a nice place to stay?"

//and if you like, you can introduce us to a place of your own devising. It is sunset and this is a pretty large town//
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#846 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:Oh, great...
"Smells like you got out of there just in time." Instead of helping her up onto the dock, he steers Sylvi to the railing of the Gig and points down. "What's that?" and he holds in to her, expecting the bobbing motion to make her puke.
Better now that when they are walking into an Inn, which is the next destination he has planned.
Sylvi being as easily manipulable as she is, happily peers over the edge.

"I don't see anythi-... Anyt-.. An- Blargh! *coughing/sputtering* Urrgh!" As she empties the toxins from her stomach, her lurching and unsteady stance forces her to her knees. Hopefully Raimius was kind enough to at least hold her hair back for her.
2561642 wrote:"There was no party down there. She brought her own booze - filled the spare canteen she insisted on bringing with it. I think she did it to take the edge off the claustrophobia that she neglected to mention before we set off on our cramped little journey."

Phaing wrote:"Oh... really?" Raimius rolls his eyes at Sylvi. "Claustrophobia, is it? Well dear, I'm just going to have to remind you of this day the next time you try to chastise me for pushing myself too hard or taking a bad risk."
Sylvi lets out a very audible grumble between spiting out pieces of her dinner caught between her teeth. "I-*Hic* I tried to tell you, but you were mean and didn't list-*Hic*... Didn't *Hic*... You were a butt... If you loved me you'd hav-*Hic*..."
DarkTheImmortal wrote:"And she tried to get me and Tycho together. We need a place to rest while she sobers up. I don't want to be traveling with her like that." She was looking around to see if there was such a place nearby, looking a little longer at any alleys or stables out of habit from her travels.
"No! No boys..." Sylvi calls out from where she knelt. "Bad Tycho. Stay away from Abba you're too old for her." Naturally her words are slurred and hard to make out at this stage.
Phaing wrote:Tycho isn't interested, so don't worry about that either. But I have to admit, I'm starting to get curious myself. In a couple of years I'm going to see about getting a Kiedran boyfriend." She winks. "Don't tell them.Not much gets past a keidran's ears.
"No! No boys for anyone!." she looks up to Raimius and prods his square in the centre of his chest. Her eyes squinted and her ears folded. "Especially you. No boys for you."
Phaing wrote:People are still gawking at Sven, but not getting any closer //he does sound a bit like a Nazgul at times// and the first man that sees you asks; "What is that thing?"

Raimius; "What thing?" and whispers to Sylvi; "Can you get him to vanish in a nice, theatrical way? like, all poof and sparkles?"
Sylvi; barely able to make a conscious thought, does what she thinks is a nice controlled frost spell. Instead, what really happens is she picks up a random pebble and chants "<Snow snow>" 3 times over before completely passing out.

//Tycho should have enough of an understanding of the way Sven's enchantments work after the stuff they'd done the days prior. For everyone's sake, lets say she taught him the summon/dispell spell during that time. He'll find Sven's special enchanted bead tied to a necklace around Sylvi's neck.

#847 Post by 2561642 »

[[Really sorry this took so long.]]

DarkTheImmortal wrote:"And she tried to get me and Tycho together. We need a place to rest while she sobers up. I don't want to be traveling with her like that." She was looking around to see if there was such a place nearby, looking a little longer at any alleys or stables out of habit from her travels.
The Rookie wrote:"No! No boys..." Sylvi calls out from where she knelt. "Bad Tycho. Stay away from Abba you're too old for her." Naturally her words are slurred and hard to make out at this stage.
"Abba? Who's Abb-... oh. I suppose Anaraia would be a difficult name for an intoxicated tongue to attempt." He doesn't even bother responding to Sylvi.
Phaing wrote: Rita stays with Annaria, between her and Tycho. "Don't be too upset, I have never seen Sylvi like this, but then I have never seen her drink like that either." In a lower voice; "Tycho isn't interested, so don't worry about that either. But I have to admit, I'm starting to get curious myself. In a couple of years I'm going to see about getting a Kiedran boyfriend." She winks. "Don't tell them."
Tycho overhears Rita's quiet remark. That's not a road he wants her to go down. "I wouldn't-..." he begins, but stops himself after he glances at Raimius. Angering Raimius is a road that he himself doesn't want to go down, so he checks his tongue. Maybe Raimius experiencing the inevitable tragedy that is his relationship with Sylvi will be enough to dissuade Rita. And then, quite startling Tycho:
The Rookie wrote:"No! No boys for anyone!." she looks up to Raimius and prods his square in the centre of his chest. Her eyes squinted and her ears folded. "Especially you. No boys for you."
"For some completely inexplicable and unknown reason, I don't think that's going to be a problem. Ever."
Phaing wrote: Raimius; "What thing?" and whispers to Sylvi; "Can you get him to vanish in a nice, theatrical way? like, all poof and sparkles?"
The Rookie wrote://Tycho should have enough of an understanding of the way Sven's enchantments work after the stuff they'd done the days prior. For everyone's sake, lets say she taught him the summon/dispell spell during that time. He'll find Sven's special enchanted bead tied to a necklace around Sylvi's neck.
"I'll handle that." His dispersion of Sven is nothing short of... well, mundane. The most excitement he can coax from the desummon spell is a slow fade of Sven, with his horrible wailing echoing louder and louder - Tycho wasn't quite prepared for how loud it got - until he disappears completely. The only remaining evidence that Sven was ever there are ice crystals on the ground where Sven was just standing. The special bead glows almost imperceptibly now.
Phaing wrote:Meanwhile, Rita tugs Tycho's sleeve. (she can reach much higher than that, but she does not want anyone to see it) "Psst... you are by far the most civilized adult here, do you think you can lead the way for a while, help us find a nice place to stay?"

//and if you like, you can introduce us to a place of your own devising. It is sunset and this is a pretty large town//
"I guess I could. I've never spoken for a group before - but my nomadic career has made me the surprise guest of many strangers. That said, it's a lot easier when you only need one bed."

"Oh! Almost forgot." He pulls his hood off of his head and his mask down, revealing short, dirty blond hair sticking out in a disheveled mess. A healthy thickness of stubble shows that he hasn't shaved recently. You can see the metal component of his hood hanging at his back - it looks like some sort of visor with darkened glass viewports. "People tend to be more receptive if you don't hide everything from them."

Tycho finds an out-of-the-way Inn that doesn't seem too busy, about half a kilometer inland. He wanted to avoid rooming with sailors, if he could - he was trying to forget the smell inside the U-boat. Or was that smell mostly Sylvi? He decided he didn't care to know.

[[I'm gonna describe it now if that's alright. If I'm overstepping my permissions, feel free to just ignore this]]

The building is three stories tall, and made of wood that seems older than the wood of the buildings around it. It sits at a street corner, and the entrance is set within the protruding corner of the building. This door opens into a restaurant with what seems to be a fairly active bar. There's an open kitchen, and a cook is grilling some fish as the party walks in. The restaurant takes up half of the first floor of the building, and the desk for the inn portion of the establishment seems placed deliberately so that one has to walk past the cook to get to it.

[[I hope I didn't misunderstand you, Phaing. I tried my best to make it detailed and interesting, but I didn't want to go too far. Tycho plans to use the gold the Duke gave him to pay for the rooms.]]

Phaing
Master

#848 Post by Phaing »

2561642 wrote:[[Really sorry this took so long.]]
Heh, no problem, I let something go by a couple of days ago because I have been down with the flu, again, but it's time to pause and celebrate.

Hey Rookie, did you realize - It has been one year and we are still going strong! :mrgreen:
I think that makes us the most successful RP for this page, and we still have a long way to go.
And forget me taking a break, now that the pace has slowed a bit I will be fine from now on. With 3 players it is taking about 3 days for my turn to come back up... and I can do that standing on my head.
How are you all liking this?
Suggestions?
Ideas for the future?

Time for a pic of where we are -

Not TOO overly modern, I hope. I will have more images for future locations.

-George Bernard Shaw

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#849 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

2561642 wrote:Tycho overhears Rita's quiet remark. That's not a road he wants her to go down. "I wouldn't-..." he begins, but stops himself after he glances at Raimius. Angering Raimius is a road that he himself doesn't want to go down, so he checks his tongue. Maybe Raimius experiencing the inevitable tragedy that is his relationship with Sylvi will be enough to dissuade Rita. And then, quite startling Tycho:
Before being able to reply, she heard Tycho and looked at him a moment. but then brought her attention back to Rita.
Phaing wrote:Rita stays with Annaria, between her and Tycho. "Don't be too upset, I have never seen Sylvi like this, but then I have never seen her drink like that either." In a lower voice; "Tycho isn't interested, so don't worry about that either. But I have to admit, I'm starting to get curious myself. In a couple of years I'm going to see about getting a Kiedran boyfriend." She winks. "Don't tell them."
"It's more of the fact that she tried. It's still kind of embarrassing to have someone you just met trying to hook you up with someone." She sighed. "Well, hopefully it is only because she's drunk."
Anaraia then nods after the last part and speaks in an even lower voice than Rita because of Tycho. "Don't worry about me telling. I think it would be fun to see their reactions." She giggles a little bit. "You also seem to know how to make me feel better."
The Rookie wrote:"No! No boys..." Sylvi calls out from where she knelt. "Bad Tycho. Stay away from Abba you're too old for her." Naturally her words are slurred and hard to make out at this stage.
Trying to get her mind off of what happened on the trip, and to have a little fun, she put her hands on her hips, looked at Sylvi a little angry, but obliviously fake, and spoke in a mocking-like voice. "Well now maybe I want one. It's less than a year before I'm an adult, might as well live the rest of my childhood to the fullest."

As they approach the inn, she suddenly remembers one little detail she forgot the entire trip. She looks at Raimius and the passed out Sylvi
"Um, Sylvi still has my dagger. I kind of want it back; I don't know what people are like this far north."

Phaing
Master

#850 Post by Phaing »

Raimius was able to keep her hair back, but the rest of what comes out of her mouth is leaving him as close to spluttering as any of you are likely to see him.... ever. The torrent of words are just to weird and shift from one thing to another too quickly for him to react to.
The Rookie wrote:Sylvi; barely able to make a conscious thought, does what she thinks is a nice controlled frost spell. Instead, what really happens is she picks up a random pebble and chants "<Snow snow>" 3 times over before completely passing out.

//Tycho should have enough of an understanding of the way Sven's enchantments work after the stuff they'd done the days prior. For everyone's sake, lets say she taught him the summon/dispell spell during that time. He'll find Sven's special enchanted bead tied to a necklace around Sylvi's neck.
Well, since you are practically in his arms, I wouldn't worry about it, one way or another.

It is something of a relief when Sylvi passes out, altho he will have to have a decanter of water and some Willow Bark handy when she wakes up. "Help me out, here, need to carry her now..." Raimius has you all lend a hand with getting her on his back. Her legs will be hooked over his belt, the handles of the daggers on each hip will help keep them in place. He holds her arms over his left shoulder with one hand and cradles her head over his right shoulder with the other hand.
It isn't as awkward as it may sound, but after half a kilometer even Raimius will be gritting his teeth, and limping a little.
Don't even ask, he will be carrying Sylvi the whole way, and Rita will take care of her pack.
2561642 wrote: "I guess I could. I've never spoken for a group before - but my nomadic career has made me the surprise guest of many strangers. That said, it's a lot easier when you only need one bed."

The building is three stories tall, and made of wood that seems older than the wood of the buildings around it. It sits at a street corner, and the entrance is set within the protruding corner of the building. This door opens into a restaurant with what seems to be a fairly active bar. There's an open kitchen, and a cook is grilling some fish as the party walks in. The restaurant takes up half of the first floor of the building, and the desk for the inn portion of the establishment seems placed deliberately so that one has to walk past the cook to get to it.
(nice job, including Sven's fade 8) )

You are also in luck, there are 3 rooms left and you get a decent deal. And it is busy here because you are just in time for Supper.
Strangers always get some looks, you certainly got a few in the last couple of blocks. Here, people are actually bold enough to say a few things;
"Caught one, did you? Good job, hope the pay-day makes it worthwhile!" Raimius grunts and nods, he certainly could look the part of a hard-bitten Bounty Hunter, and Sylvi is in pretty rough shape herself.
"A Fox! Are they treating you alright, honey?" This from a middle-aged serving wench that seems to assume that all Foxes are being bullied by somebody or other.
"I'm gonna need a deposit, lets see the color of your money." This from the Innkeeper, who isn't thrilled to have a couple of fur-balls, some kind of mercenary and a child in his establishment. For him, the only bright spot is Tycho... the only member of the party that he is willing to speak to directly at this point.
DarkTheImmortal wrote:Trying to get her mind off of what happened on the trip, and to have a little fun, she put her hands on her hips, looked at Sylvi a little angry, but obliviously fake, and spoke in a mocking-like voice. "Well now maybe I want one. It's less than a year before I'm an adult, might as well live the rest of my childhood to the fullest."
Raimius grunts "Yeah, well, if that's what you want, them avoiding boy-trouble is the best way to do it."
DarkTheImmortal wrote:As they approach the inn, she suddenly remembers one little detail she forgot the entire trip. She looks at Raimius and the passed out Sylvi
"Um, Sylvi still has my dagger. I kind of want it back; I don't know what people are like this far north."
(this would be while they are still out in the street)

"I know, your dagger is probably what has been jabbing my kidney and I would dearly love to get rid of it. But if you think I am going to pass you a weapon while we are walking around in public then all I can say is dream on. Wait for us to get into our rooms, if we can get any this late."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#851 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:It is something of a relief when Sylvi passes out, altho he will have to have a decanter of water and some Willow Bark handy when she wakes up. "Help me out, here, need to carry her now..." Raimius has you all lend a hand with getting her on his back. Her legs will be hooked over his belt, the handles of the daggers on each hip will help keep them in place. He holds her arms over his left shoulder with one hand and cradles her head over his right shoulder with the other hand.
It isn't as awkward as it may sound, but after half a kilometer even Raimius will be gritting his teeth, and limping a little.
Don't even ask, he will be carrying Sylvi the whole way, and Rita will take care of her pack.
As big of a pain she is, Sylvi tries to adjust to help where she can; not that there's much she can do other than not fall off.

She may stir a little now and again, but she's mostly quiet and still during her ride. That is until you hear her murmuring Raimius's name and something about otters. Even whilst intoxicated, her dreams are still plagued by those memories. She tightens her grip around Raimius for a brief moment before going limp again. What ever's going on in her head, it can't be good.

//Sylv's gonna probably stay like this until the following morning, so you guys should probably skip over me for a while here.//

Phaing wrote:Hey Rookie, did you realize - It has been one year and we are still going strong! :mrgreen:
//Indeed I did, although I didn't want to say anything here until my turn came around. I've been having a blast with this and I'm excited to see what's happening next for our little crew. Here's to a few more years :mrgreen: //

#852 Post by 2561642 »

Phaing wrote:(nice job, including Sven's fade 8) )
[[Thank you! :D ]]
Phaing wrote:You are also in luck, there are 3 rooms left and you get a decent deal. And it is busy here because you are just in time for Supper.
Strangers always get some looks, you certainly got a few in the last couple of blocks. Here, people are actually bold enough to say a few things;
"Caught one, did you? Good job, hope the pay-day makes it worthwhile!" Raimius grunts and nods, he certainly could look the part of a hard-bitten Bounty Hunter, and Sylvi is in pretty rough shape herself.
"A Fox! Are they treating you alright, honey?" This from a middle-aged serving wench that seems to assume that all Foxes are being bullied by somebody or other.
"I'm gonna need a deposit, lets see the color of your money." This from the Innkeeper, who isn't thrilled to have a couple of fur-balls, some kind of mercenary and a child in his establishment. For him, the only bright spot is Tycho... the only member of the party that he is willing to speak to directly at this point.
"Ah yes, of course. It's a good thing we found this place - it's the first I've seen so far that didn't smell like rotting fish." Tycho pulls out the bag the Duke handed him and opens it, looking inside it for the first time. He never did get around to counting the contents. "How much is the deposit?"

He turns to Raimius and sees Sylvi still hanging over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. He'll need to remember to apologize to Raimius later for making him walk so far.

[[Not much, I know. I'll try to find some more time next post.]]

Phaing
Master

#853 Post by Phaing »

2561642 wrote: "Ah yes, of course. It's a good thing we found this place - it's the first I've seen so far that didn't smell like rotting fish." Tycho pulls out the bag the Duke handed him and opens it, looking inside it for the first time. He never did get around to counting the contents. "How much is the deposit?"
He holds up five fingers, and there is a small gold coin that has a 5 on it (very small, about the size of the nail on your pinkie-finger and very thin, but still gold) and the Innkeeper grunts, a little surprised. "Very well, your change will be ready in the norming. I can have food sent up to your rooms... ?"
He Also glances at Sylvi. "There is a closet with a lock on it in the basement, I can have it cleared if you need a cell?"

Raimius rolls his eyes. "This Bounty is mine alone, no thanks."

"Alright, just trying to be helpful." And indeed, the next guy that tries to make a rude remark about your group gets cuffed by the Innkeeper. "Knock it off, their money is better than yours!"

-George Bernard Shaw

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#854 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote:"A Fox! Are they treating you alright, honey?" This from a middle-aged serving wench that seems to assume that all Foxes are being bullied by somebody or other.
Anaraia looks at the woman with a confused look for a moment. "What? Oh, yeah. I'm fine." She tried to avoid all eye contact with her after that.

She pays no attention to the looks, as she has gotten used to them by now, but it's obvious she's holding back trying to say something. She keeps looking at Raimus every time someone interacts with him about Sylvi, and it seems to firm her silence. She is playing along with how he's getting through this. "<I hope we're not here long. I don't like this place already. So much... judgement.>"

Phaing
Master

#855 Post by Phaing »

//just a quick catch-up post//
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Anaraia looks at the woman with a confused look for a moment. "What? Oh, yeah. I'm fine." She tried to avoid all eye contact with her after that.
Condescending pity isn't much better than persecution, is it?
Well, that's life in the big city.

Once you get to the rooms and Raimius can make Sylvi comfortable, the first thing he does is get her knife out and give it to Anaria.
"What a pain in the... Rita, can you help her with that rig?" She looks at him questioningly. "You know, the sheath. Turn it into something she wears, not something she carries."

Rita smiles and nods. "I think I can help with that."

-George Bernard Shaw