Alternate Twokinds World RP

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

MoonSticks
Master

Re: Alternate Twokinds World RP

#76 Post by MoonSticks »

Moon looked at his new shackle on his arm. as he started to look up, a tear fell from his eye, his mind wondered to a point in his history he dare not mention. He suddenly wiped the tear away and his mind now focused 'should we get going?'

Through his head, he didnt understand the way these people were acting, 'are these allys?' he wondered 'why would anyone help me?'
|D :heart: MOMMY MOON :heart: |D

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

STOP FEEDING ME MARSBARS!...

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#77 Post by The Rookie »

Lucian leant over to Oalei as he placed the shackels on Moon's arm "<Your oxen owes me some fish>" he said in a hushed voice, sheathing his hatchet.

Lucian went to collect his bow from the ground before jogging to catch up to Valkeryie without speaking a word to the beast. He could feel his blood boiling and knew that anything he'd say now would just lead to further conflict.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#78 Post by Stryder221 »

"Your word against a captain's... I am so very frightened." Was the larger Templar's response to Valkeryie as she began to follow, using the butt end her hammer as if it was some kind of walking stick.
Oalei's only response was to sigh, unable to look any of the Keidran in the eyes as he followed behind his big sister, idly rubbing at his left arm as he walked.

From what the two Templars knew, Pinewood should be coming into view at any second now.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#79 Post by Hotep the psychic »

valkeryie decided to keep her hood off as she walked her ears hearing oaleis sister behind her was enough to know she was now at a neutral phase leaning on hostile. then she noticed lucian next to her and smiled she gave him a small nudge before passing him his bag of fish however it only contained two large fish inside. <lucian you dropped this back there. i hope you didnt plan on forgetting your deal> valkeryie said kindly teasing trying to get lucian to a better state of mind.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#80 Post by The Rookie »

Although he tried to keep a stern look on his face, Lucian couldn't help but let out a small smile coupled with a slight sigh as Valkeryie gave him a nudge and handed him the bag.

"Thanks, Valkeryie." he said in a soft gentle tone, inspecting the fish. "I was afraid the ants had gotten to them all, but these two still look salvageable." Lucian tired up the bag and looped the string around his belt again. "Just so we're clear. If the fish don't turn out quite right I'm gonna blame the dirt. It'll certainly have nothing to do with my culinary skills.". Lucian found himself feeling more like his usual self again, despite all that had happened. There was just something about this girl that made him feel at ease around her.

As Lucian was finishing his sentence, the pair took a small turn in the road and Pinewood came into view.

"Welcome to Pinewood, Valkeryie"

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#81 Post by Hotep the psychic »

valkeryies tail wagged as she looked at the town "finally" she said as she saw the many people working then saw the gate
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

allymender

#82 Post by allymender »

As Ignatius walked through the gates to Pinewood, he turned to find two of the keidran running up behind him.
"If you two have decided to continue following me, then I'll be down at the inn if you need me. Also, I'd be careful if I were you; there are a couple of human soldiers up ahead." Sure enough, he was right. The road forked down the middle, and straight up ahead, a small cartel of soldiers were crowding around the center of town. Ignatius took the path to the right, which presumably was the direction of the inn.
"If I can't be the best, I sure as hell can be the worst."
~Jontron 2012

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NTVq5bgoYE0
^ I love this song, and pretty much every other song in the game's soundtrack.

MoonSticks
Master

#83 Post by MoonSticks »

moon couldn't believe what he saw 'Pinewood...' he said to himself as he looked onwards and saw the first town that he had seen in years.

Though he was now shackled and technically a prisoner, he smiled as he heard the sound of casual conversation, laughter and the smell of FOOD! FRESH FOOD!

His stomach once again rumbled..

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#84 Post by The Rookie »

"Thank you for the offer, but the hummie owner isn't exactly a huge fan of keidran at the best of times. " Lucain gestured toward Valkeryie "Besides,we have other arrangements."

Lucain turned to look back toward the Templars and their prisoner, lagging behind by a few metres. "<Assuming that beastie back there hasn't changed Oalei's mind>" Lucain muttered to the pair, unsure if the human could even understand him.

Lucian turned back toward Ignatius "Anyway sorry about the whole 'bear' thing. I'll try to make it up to you next time we meet. " raising his arm slightly to wave as Ignatius headed down the road toward the inn.

"<I guess we'll have to wait to see what the Templar want to do next before heading in.>" Lucian said turning back to Valkeryie. "<I hope Oalei makes good on his promise.>"

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#85 Post by Stryder221 »

"Right, so..." Oalei had begun, catching up to the two keidran. "Since we don't really have a station around here, I've decided that we're going to have to use a room at the inn for our little interrogation."
He failed to noticed Lorym palming at her face. "Oh my god..." "I'm sure the innkeeper will understand."

However, he couldn't NOT notice the loud groan.

"Why... couldn't we have just saved ourselves a whole hell of a lot of time, and just started the questioning right away while we were in the woods?"
The younger Templar held up a hand as if to answer. But nothing of importance came out of his mouth. "Uh..."

"I thought so." The giant let out a sigh, shaking her head. "There should be a barracks nearby from what I can recall. It's not much, but it's enough for the militia. Unless someone here has a better idea, we're heading there. No sense in doing this out in the streets."
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#86 Post by The Rookie »

"The deal was to was for Valkeryie and I to meet you at the inn when you needed us." Lucian was trying to hold his tone, but he wasn't going to let this brute bully her sibling out of what the trio agreed on before she came around.

"Sure, the inn keeper won't serve us anything, but we're aloud on the premisses." Lucian said, shrugging his shoulders "Only reason he dislikes our kind is cause he can't serve more than 3 drink before we're intoxicated. Financially speaking, he'd lose more money and time dealing with drunk dogs than it's worth selling them the stuff." Lucian was lying of course. He'd never set foot in the tavern nor had he ever seen the owner, no kiedran had. The whole town knew that the owner was a Templar sympathiser, but Lucian would rather deal with them than risk the barracks.

Lucian's attention switched to the larger Templar. "The reason we agreed on the inn in the first place is because it's considered neutral ground for both parties. It's somewhere where you" Lucian pointed to the larger Templar "Can have the privacy to have your little 'interrogation' and I" Lucian placed his hand on his chest "Don't have to worry about being locked in chains and never being heard from again." There was a note sarcastic irritation in his voice, although it was only mildly noticeable.

His hand fell to his side, "This way we both get what we want." a touch of defeat sounding in his voice. Lucian knew that this brute would rather have him shaved in the town square than to listen to what he'd have to say, but Oalei was... different. Despite Lucian giving him a hard time, Oalei was easily the more compasstionate of the two. A rare trait for the Templar.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#87 Post by Hotep the psychic »

valkeryie seemed to disappear from the group, to those who looked at the gate would find her seemingly easily going through the gate and into town. She stood with a deep breath began walking about taking all the sights in as she headed for the market square. her hood was up and hiding her face as the cloak did to hide her figure. she felt a little bad that she took her time to sneak away from the group however she wasnt one to stay and listen to idle chat while doinng a job, and if leaving was the only way to keep things going then so be it. soon she spotted a stand in the open that sold bows and other weapons and made her way over to take a closer look. the man was a pudgy wood worker who used a decent amount of skill in making bows. he gruffly sang a tune when he spotted the cloaked figure arrive. "ah yes can i help you today? all these bows are made by myself and all show the style of pinewood" the merchant said as valkeryie took a look at one bow that had no etchings or art work on it. it was thick and slightly on the heavy side. "where are your best long bows?" she asked. the man laughed some hearing the feminine voice "well mam they are right there on the right of you, but they all have a heavy draw for a female, not many can pull the string back on those perhaps youd like a lighter bow?" the merchant said

Soon enough valkeryie took one of the bows, one with a black color and smooth texture. its was a bit heavy but very close to her own bow already. a few men nearby watched hearing the merchant as she took the bow and some arrows next to the stand where a small target line was set up and expertly strung the bow, those who took intrest watched about her as she readyied for a few shots then quickley shot them into the center of each target as if it was habit.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#88 Post by Stryder221 »

"He? I thought the Taverndatters were-"

"I vote the inn." Oalei said suddenly before his sister could get another word in, raising his hand. "Outvoted, sis." He then said, assuming the Keidran would agree.
The giant stumbled over her words for a minute before sighing. "I'm of higher rank, my vote is doubled." "Still outnumbered, four against two." "Keidran are worth half." "I... wow. In that case, two and half against two." "The messenger's gone. Tie. I win by default."

"What?" Oalei asked, looking to see that, indeed, Valkeryie was gone. "Anyway, that's a dirty move and you know it."
"You know what? Provide to me just one good reason why I would prefer going to the inn."

"...Booze?"
"And maybe an excuse?"

Lorym stared long and hard at her little brother, neither of them breaking eye contact.

"...You win this one. Looks like it's your lucky day, Keidran."

MoonSticks
Master

#89 Post by MoonSticks »

Moon was distracted by Valkerie's amazing precision 'WOW' he said in his mind. He could see the jaws of passersby drop instantly.

He then turned his attention to Lucian and Ignatius 'So...erm...you guys are good with a bow right? I don't want to get on your bad side huh? He said with a bit of a nervous laugh. this was Moon's attempt to break the ice between himself and those around him, but came off awkward.

He hung his head low as a result of realizing how pathetic his last words were '...sorry... He said under his breath.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#90 Post by The Rookie »

Lucian rolled his eyes as the giant shoved past, heading toward the town. As Oalei followed behind his sister, Lucian reached out placing his hand in Oalei's shoulder. "<Thank you.>" he said quietly, a tinge of regret shone in his eyes.

With that, Lucian took off jogging to join Moon in the crowd slowly forming around Valkeryie..

Lucian watched as another of Valkeryie's arrows found it's mark; another bullseye. "So...erm...you guys are good with a bow right? I don't want to get on your bad side huh?" Moon said with a bit of a nervous laugh. "I'd certainly hate to get on her's." Lucian joked "I'm starting to think she might just a bit better at this than me." His usual smile across his face as he watched Valkeryie take a small bow in front of the crowd before returning to talk with the old merchant. Lucian knew he was over selling his abilities. On average he'd be lucky to make 2 bullseyes out of 5 at that range, not that he'd admit it to anyone.

As the crowd began to disperse, Lucian could see the two Templars slowing walking toward them.

"You'd better get back to the humans before the 'beast' starts accusing you of trying to run again." Lucian looked back to the slave."Hey, best of luck, alright? You may still walk out of here without those shackles yet." patting the wolf on his back before heading over to wait for Valkeryie by the merchant table.