Alternate Twokinds World RP

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

MoonSticks
Master

Re: Alternate Twokinds World RP

#121 Post by MoonSticks »

Moons expression lit up 'Free? I'm free? and I'm...' suddenly his stomach rubbled loudly.

Moon remembered again thet he hadn't eatten in a long time, he had been tempted by food all day.
'Well I have been hungry for a long time thank you, b-both of you' Moon looked at both lucian and oalei and showed a feint smile whilst holding his stomach out of hunger.
|D :heart: MOMMY MOON :heart: |D

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

STOP FEEDING ME MARSBARS!...

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#122 Post by Stryder221 »

"It's not her fault, really... She... We've had harsh experiences, and it's not something she can let go of easily..."
That was Oalei's only spoken response to Lucian before he focused his attention back to the wolf that would (probably) be his companion for a while.

"You're very much welcome. Looks like a visit to the butcher's in order... Which I cannot reliably find..."
And just like that, his attention was back to the fox. "So, um, before you go... do you think you could point us in the right direction real quick? I'd hate to ask Maren for another favor right away."
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#123 Post by The Rookie »

"Oh.. Sorry, my mistake. I should have known better." Lucian said quietly.

Lucian walked back toward the window, beckoning the pair over. "Ok, so you see that brick building about a block down the street?" Lucian asked pointing out the window. "The one with the smoke coming from the chimney. That's where you'd want to go." He turned to the pair, with his usual smile. "That there is the late night smoke house. It's a butcherer's during the day, but when the sun goes down it becomes a keidran friendly dinner of sorts." he explained. "It's not a bad spot actually. It's all meat focused of course, since well... That's pretty much all we can eat. I'm sure you'll find something good down there."

With that, Lucian pulled up his hood and headed toward the door. "It's been.. Interesting, but I've got to get back soon. I have a vixen and another guest to entertain. See ya's." he said cheerfully with a wave of his hand, as he headed out the door.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#124 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Valkeryie took some time to find lucians forge before she returned to the homestead the fox had shown her, hse dropped the bags and sighed in releif at the releif of such tension and stress to her shoulders moving it some to pop out som kinks. she shook herself off before checking the resting basitin and smiling as she remembers what she was to cook and began starting a fire and gathering pots and spices with swift hands. the counter littered with large chunks and blocks of cheese and winesas she set a large pot to the fire filled with water and soon was using a smaller flame to cook the meat she had purchsed to those who walked past they would smell the meat simmering nicely and the many spices and foods ready or being readied to eat. SOon valkeryie opened a window showing herself to be wearing a green dress she purchased for herself and humming as she swayed her hips while cooking.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#125 Post by Stryder221 »

[OOC: Not gonna lie, I'm sure I could've done better. However, I'd been staring at this script for quite some time now, and decided I was holding things back for too long already. I apologize for the quality, or lack therof.]

Odd. I thought the foxes were exception to that carnivore rule... Oh well.

"Alright then, thanks for your time, Lucian. Hope to see you again, soon." Oalei had said, Returning the fox's earlier smile with one of his own as the keidran had begun to leave.
It was then that he turned his attention back towards Moon. "Well, time to get you some grub. Let's go, shall we?"

However, in another part of Pinewood...

Lorym had indeed been trying to find the messenger, and for the most part she had managed to succeed with some assistance, just in time to see the vixen conversing with yet another Keidran; A snow leopard and wannabe smith.
The Templar had let out an annoyed sigh at that point. Dealing with the wolf was already a big enough headache without having to put up with yet another "Lucian".

And that was why she had positioned herself right behind one of the houses, just out of sight.

That wasn't to say her short journey had gone smoothly, however. There were... distractions. Mainly the one riding on her shoulder as she took a brief look around the corner.
"S'that who we're hiding from?" Because masks above, this boy wouldn't shut up otherwise. "It's not hiding. I am simply avoiding a future headache that would come from associating- talking with two of them."

"Keidran make your head hurt?" "Yes." "But... why?"
Lorym suppressed the urge to sigh yet again. "I can't stand them. They might seem all nice and cuddly, but they'll turn on you in an instant when it suits them, or whenever they feel like it. You never know when one or three dozen might turn around, ruin your life, and for good measure tear off your-"

She immediately stopped, turning her head to see the confused expression on the child's face. "Nevermind... What I'm saying is I don't trust them. At all. Anyway, my arm's starting to get sore, so I'm going to let you down now."
Ignoring the "aw" of disappointment, the Templar lowered herself down and placed the boy to the ground. "And you should probably be getting home, too. You don't want your parents getting worried about you talking to a big scary Templar, do you?" "N-no... I guess you're right..." "Good. Stay safe, alright?" "I will. Thanks for the ride, miss!"

The Templar watched the kid run off, likely to brag to his friends about riding on a giant's shoulders before actually going home.
She shook her head, wearing an expression that wasn't quite a smile as she returned to spying on observing the messenger. Right at the moment she had left.

It'd be a simple enough matter to tail her at the point, so long as she really kept her distance. If she was going to ask, it was going to have to be away from the public eye.
The last thing she wanted was for word to spread that the Templar might hire Keidran. She shuddered at the very thought of it.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

Transient Truth
Traveler

#126 Post by Transient Truth »

(Alright. After days of inactivity, I'm back with a collab post with Rookie and Hotep.)

Lucian arrived back to his house, seeing the light shine out from window and the aroma floating through the air let him know that at least someone was waiting for him up stairs.

He climbed to the second floor to find Valkeryie cooking over the stove top, and the Basitin his resting in his bed.

Jay woke up at the smell of meat. Although he was not terribly hungry, he still sat up, having rested enough. The pain in his left arm has dulled into a painful throb.

The vixen... No, Valkeryie, he corrected himself, was cooking at the kitchen, humming slightly as she stirred something in the pot. Yet, as he just swung around and put his feet on the floor, a male fox appeared from the entrance of the stairs.

Jay struggled for a while to remember his name. Luc... Luci... Lucian! He recalled the name from the conversation with Valkeryie before he went to sleep. He shook his head and prepared to try another step again. Maybe this time he would have recovered enough to walk by himself.

"Val! The Basitin!" Lucian called out, afraid that Jay may take a tumble if he was still too weak. Hurrying over to help should he fall.

Val jumped some at the sudden yell from Lucian making her get into a defensive stance with the ladle she used to stir drawn like a knife and tossing the hot liquid at Lucian before she noticed her mistake and gasped some. her mind seemed to slow everything down to a point she could seemingly see the soupy glob head for the other fox.

Jay could only stare awestruck at the perfectly thrown glob of soup as it flew through the air, ready to make a headshot at Lucian.

"Watch out!" He said in Basitin, which no one except for Val should understand, and tried to run towards Lucian, hoping to knock him out of the way. Unfortunately, as weak as he was, Jay only to succeeded in him stumbling again halfway through, causing Lucian to lunge forward in an attempt to catch him. Had he not moved chances are the soup would only have splashed upon his chest. Instead, Lucian had now moved himself right into the path of the on coming blob. Lucian managed to catch the Basitin around the chest. "Hang on mate, I've got y- *Splat*

There was quiet a moment. No one daring to speak, until Val decided to break the silence. "L-Lucian... You've got a bit of something on your fac.."
"Thank you, Val..." muttered a disgruntled Lucian.

Jay faceplanted onto the floor, without the intervention of Lucian, and was in the process of righting himself to a sitting position when both Val and Lucian spoke.

"Uh... My apologies?" The embarrassed Basitin said, switching back to Kiedran. "Well, anyway... I was actually going to ask you if there we actually any baths around here. To clean off all the sand and saltwater on me." Not to mention that I smell really bad right now. As does my clothes and Lucian's bed. I will have to offer cleaning up for him later."But now that it seems you need one as well, do you actually mind taking me there? We can talk while we are at the baths."

"That might be a good idea." Lucian said, wiping some soup from his eyes. "I'm sure the bath house on the corner will be open for a few more hours."

"What do you say, Val? Mind if I take our guest down to the baths? " Lucian asked, helping the Basitin to his feet. "I promise we'll be back before dinner." Lucian paused a moment as he scrapes his finger along the side of his muzzle before having a sample. "Mmm.. Not bad." Lucian smiled.
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#127 Post by Stryder221 »

After what seemed like his first ever meal in all of his life, Moon dropped the bone of the last piece of food he had eaten. At least an sometime had passed since he and Oalei had left the Taverndatter inn. They went to the the location Lucian had mentioned, the butcher's where Oalei had put his funds to use and bought some meat, perfectly edible for Keidran, and they soon both sat on a nearby wall only slightly down the road nearby a small cottage and a small field of wheat. Moon was stuffed, a feeling he had long since forgotten.

"So... There's been somethin' I'd been meaning to ask when we had a free moment." Oalei had began, causing the wolf's ears to perk, though he had his eyes to the sky. A nod was his signal that he'd been listening. "It's about that odd mark of yours. If I had to guess, I'd say you'd been struck by a particularly nasty icebolt. Did your old master know magic? Or was that purely accidental? I'm not going to force you to answer, I just... Well, I'm honestly a bit concerned. And curious."

Moon's expression changed, he turned to his new master... Oalei. He couldn't help but feel a bit odd as his hand went to touch his own scar. "Well you still don't know much about me... but I like to use magic- well, I did, long ago." He removed the hand from his face and held his hands together on his lap. "I came across a spell book when I was just a young cub and because it was written in keidran I read it and became obsessed with it before long." Moons ears went back and he sighed. "B-before I got captured to become a slave, I put up a fight, I grabbed a mana crystal and used the first spell that came to mind. There was a white flash, and the next think I knew I woke up later in a cage, feeling cold and my face like this... it still feels cold." Moon looked back up at Oalei "I didn't think it was that visible..."

"I see... From the sounds of it, it must have been a backfire. Not enough focus." Oalei had said. "A particularly good healer could probably reverse some of the scarring, but that wouldn't be me. But I am still a mage..."
A curious look was all the Templar had received in response. "You know... I could go ahead and teach you a few things. Sister wouldn't like it, but I think your standing with her is already as low as it can go, honestly, and I can deal with her temper. What do you say? Think you can handle learning magic from a Templar?"

Moon took only a second before he replied. "You really mean it? You'll teach me how to use magic?"
"Of course! Everyone should know the basics, at the very least. We'll see what happens from there."

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#128 Post by Hotep the psychic »

val held a small smile and turned to hide her blush waving her tail at the fox and the basitin "No that fine, i still need time to prepare the food and set the table, a nice bath will warm yourselves and the walk will only make you hungrier" valkeryie said as she continued working to calm herself.
-----------

later after lucian and the Basitin had gone valkeryie stopped working a moment letting everything cook. "what am i doing! i have a job as a ranger! not some scullery maiden." she thought to herself she then growled at herself and continued working on the food by glazing and topping meat before smashing the boiling potatoes "grrrr, i still should repay that fox the kindness he's showing me though he is showing me hospitality nothing wrong with repaying a debt." she said with a sigh as she moves to cut vegi's near the window to spot lorym at the corner of her eye. this only made her mind work some more as to why the templar was there.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#129 Post by kiabugboy »

Judah continued walking to his house, passing the busy taverns and night shops. although the streets are not as crowded as daytime, there were still a lot of people. usually three to five of them walking together to get drunk in the taverns or just a loner buying potions and medicines in the local shops.

Judah sees a bunch of kids playfully chasing each other as they always do, and at the far end of the street julia was waving her hand at him as he does the same. the kids walked past him and he can hear one of them speaking. "--anyway, this HUGE templar picked me up and it was sooo coool! she was like on a secret misson or somethin' spying on some fox and a--"

Just then, the other kids started running " last one to get home is a rotten keidran!!!" as they bolted through the crowds "H-hey wait up!" Judah said, half-shouting. But the surprisingly fast kids had disappeared out of sight.

Judah felt a chill down his spine. could that templar be watching me? am i in trouble?. Judah starts to walk a bit faster. The crowds behind him felt more and more menacing as he often turn his gaze to his back in case someone decided to come up to him. As he continued to walk while looking back, he had forgotten to look in front of him as he crashed onto someone. dropping all of his groceries. he looks up to see a wolf and his two companions. all of them wearing a dark cloak, their face clearly showing anger.

one of them shouts in keidran "What do you think you're doing??!!! GET LOST!!" as he pulled a knife in a threatening way.

Judah isn't very capable in understanding or speaking keidran as he had always been a slave in human lands. but he does know some of the basic words.
"s-sorry"he frantically replied as he rushes to collect all of his dropped items. He gets up and prepares to leaves before one the wolves shoved him further, nearly causing him to fall a second time while shouting in unfamiliar keidran that judah can only suspect as being curse words.

Judah continued his long walk back home. as he tries to remember the wolves' faces, he paused for a while. None of them were any familiar faces that he had seen. in fact, lately he has been seeing wolves walking in and out of the town. None of them he had ever seen before.

the whole day has been very tiring for him. He's used to the everyday routines that he goes through everyday. but on this day, nothing just seemed to go normally. Maybe i should just get a good rest. And tomorrow, everything will be back to normal Judah sighed deeply. his house already visible on the end of the road.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#130 Post by The Rookie »

Shepherd quickly donned his seawater-soaked leather armor and outergarments, which has mostly dried off by now, before exiting the house with Lucian.
He winced at the state of his gear. The swords that he carried took the brunt of the seawater, and they were now dotted with rust. His leather armor and accessories didn't fare any better as well, with most of them now cracked and brittle.
His shield had withstood the assault, however, but it still shows signs of wear and tear. The laminated wood was also somewhat affected by the saltwater as well. Shepherd sighed at the sight of this.
At this rate, his family heirloom would have fallen apart in his possession, if he can't find someone to repair it...
Deeming his arsenal too heavy to carry out, Shepherd had opt to bring only his scimitar, which he clipped onto his belt.
The silence between the two is deafening, and the fact that Lucian's house is situated in a quiet part of the city isn't helping much as well.
"So... Didn't you said that you have some questions to ask me?"Shepherd said, in an attempt to break the silence. "Just fire away. I will answer them to the best of my capacity."

Lucian gave a simple shrug as the pair continued to walk. "Nothing too special." he said. his voice flat and unconcerned "Just a few things one should know if they're planning on letting an armed stranger stay in his home." He rose his hand up to about sternum height as he began to count out his questions on his fingers. "First there are my big five. Who are you? What are you doing here? When do you plan on leaving? Is there anyway you can compensate for your time here. Be it in coins, goods or labor? And most importantly why should I trust you?"

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#131 Post by Stryder221 »

[I was going to wait for something from moon before I posted anything, but things have been a bit slow.]

Lorym didn't know quite how long she had stood outside the forge, simply staring at the door. The only thing stopping her had been the fact that, one, she didn't want to deal with that annoying fox. The male one. Two... well, she actually didn't have a two. In fact, she didn't even know why she wasn't making her presence known.
Scoffing at her own hesitation, the giant had made to approach and knock on the door, only to notice notice the black-furred fox through one of the second-story windows, and she was sure the messenger had seen her as well. Upon laying eyes on her, the giant had given a quick gesture to the fox, assuming she'd notice.

It's meaning was clear enough. She wanted the messenger out there as quick as possible.

Valkeryie sighed seeing the giantess "she wants that message no doubt, however... can't trust them" she thought to herself as she grabbed her cloak and gear before exiting the forge with her hood covering her head and approaching the giantess. She looked up at her with an untrusting gaze and her hidden hands gripping her daggers. "Must be here for that message now? wondered when you would want it" she said to the Templar.

Apparently, the giant was about as trusting as Valkeryie was, if the glare and the grip on her hammer was anything to go by.
"Quite frankly, I should've just taken it from you before you left my sight. Bah... Just hand it over, would you? I'm sure we both just want this business over and done with."

"As I've told your friend before i can only give it to the leading templars here unless you two are the only ones here." Valkeryie said back with some Sternness her hand slowly sliding the dagger out some however her eyes soon fell behind the Templar staring at a person that eyed them both.

Lorym's grip on her weapon only tightened. No Keidran would be stupid enough to attack a human, let alone a Templar, in broad daylight. But with this fox keeping her hands hidden, it looked awfully suspicious.
She wasn't about to start anything herself, but if the messenger wanted to start a fight, she wasn't going to complain about teaching a wild Keidran some manners. She almost grinned at the thought.

"I am the highest ranked Templar you will find in this area." The giant had then said firmly, maintaining her stone-like expression. "And as you can tell, I'm not in a good mood right now. Delay much longer, and I'll be forced to assume you're withholding information."

Valkeryie looked the giant over as if about to fight her, then with a sigh she took out the letter. "Very well then... However, delays to keep information to the right hands is not a delay Templar and even then, false accusations lead to those behind it in worse hands. Id advise you watch your temper and your words." Valkeryie said coldly as she held the letter to the giantess.

Without a second thought, Lorym snatched the letter away, fixing the fox with a look that almost seemed amused.
"Was that so hard? Now, go about your business, and I'll forget the fact that you looked about ready to pull a knife on a captain."
"Says the one about to drop the hammer. Even then, looks can be deceiving templar just as the man behind you about to rob the woman." Valkeryie said, and without another note a man was off with a few bags of gold.

With a sound that was something between a sigh and a groan, Lorym promptly turned to see that there was, in fact, a suspicious individual making an escape as she held out a palm.
"Force Bolt." The Templar incanted firmly, causing a light blue bolt of magic to shoot out from her hand, flying straight towards the would-be thief's back with enough power to send him face-first into the ground, but little more than that

When the Templar thought to turn back the vixen was gone. Back inside the forge where she had come out of to check on the food she was preparing only leaving on that note as to not anger herself. She didn't trust templars and she knew many templars didnt trust rangers. but for now she could look ahead to a warm meal.

Said Templar only scoffed at seeing the fox was missing. How typical of them to run, she had thought.

But now she had a thief to deal with that was trying to scramble to his feet. A heavy boot on his back kept him from moving much further as she ripped the pouches of gold away from him.
Upon holding the pouches up for a brief moment, a woman, presumably the victim, took notice, called out, and had her gold tossed to her.

However since there was no suitable jail nearby that the Templar knew of, there was only one responsible thing she could do with a thief.
A few seconds later, he was lifted up and tossed into the middle of the street as a somewhat small crowd had gathered to watch.

"Deal with him however you wish. No maiming." The giant had said without emotion as she then turned away, feeling just a bit better as she began to hear a few of the villagers dragging the thief away kicking and screaming while she started back towards the tavern,

That barrel of ale wasn't going to drink itself.

Transient Truth
Traveler

#132 Post by Transient Truth »

Shepherd, in hearing Lucian's queries, became silent for a while, silently mulling over the question, and whether or not to answer them.

They were already halfway there when Shepherd finally spoke.

"Yes. I will tell you all about it." He said, a sense of unease creeping up his voice. "But most of that would have to wait a little bit later, when we are indeed private."

"Anyway, I'm Lieutenant Jay Shepherd, from the 24th Infantry Section." He said. "As you may already know, I'm a Basitin, an Easterner to be exact. And for how I got here... That would be the thing that has to wait." He said as he turned towards Lucian.

"As for compensation..." He reached into his pouch. "Are these gold coins enough?" He said as he held out a few shining gold coins.
Lucian held his hand out, as if to ask to inspect the coins, which Jay reluctantly placed in his palm.

"Interesting. I haven't seen any like these before." Lucian said, tossing the coins lightly in the air. "I'm sure they'll do fine" he said before clenching his hand into a fist and hovering it out in front of the Basitin. "Here." Lucian said returning the coins. "I only ask you pay for your own meals. Aside from that, you're free to stay as long as you like." Lucian said, a smile breaking across face. "I look forward to learning more about you Mr. Shepard."

Shepherd stared for a few seconds at the returned coins, so deep in thought that he even stopped walking.
"Thank you..." The Basitin said. "If there is anything you might need me to help, both at your forge and otherwise, just tell me and I will do whatever I can to assist you."
"And I will go buy some bedrolls soon. I wouldn't want to use your bed for too long." He quickly added.

"Well, I will admit. I wasn't looking forward to sleeping on the ground for too long." Lucian chuckled "There's a market stall run by an old man in the centre of town. He's there every day from dawn till dusk. He'll have what you're looking for."

Before they knew it, they were already standing before the entrance to the public baths. Shepherd then quickly rushed forward to the receptionist and the two exchanged a few words, and before Lucian can go and investigate what was going on, the Basitin has already returned with a few neatly folded towels in his hands.
"I've already booked a private bath for the both of us." He said. "Just consider it as a modest token of my appreciation." He then paused, lowering his voice. "And we'll need the privacy as well."
"Now, shall we get changed?" The Basitin asked.
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#133 Post by Stryder221 »

Oalei took Moon to the field behind the bathhouse. The open space was perfect to practice magic with quite a few trees for target practice, Oalei believing nothing too terrible would happen as long as the aimed away from the town and that they kept the magic simple.

"Alright, let's see how much you know. Here." The Templar tossed Moon a small sack of mana crystals.
"Normally, those are emergency use only, but I can recharge them easily. Crystals are a sort of specialty of mine, after all. Go ahead, cast something. I'll have a dispel ready in case it gets out of control, so don't worry about a backfire."

Moon nodded at Oalei whilst reaching in the sack for a crystal, 'this could be it' he thought. 'no longer will I be afraid',he grabbed a crystal and held it at his side. he then looked toward the trees in the distance, not to far away but good for practicing magic at. His mind remembered a few spells, but he couldn't decide which one to use. He thought to himself 'The ice spell? no I don't want to be more disfigured if I messed up... then its got to be...' He then took a deep breath to focus, raised his hand toward a branch of the closest tree FIRE BLAZE. A ball of fire quickly flew across towards the tree, letting off embers as it hits the branch and sets the tree ablaze.

"Well, that's something all right." Said the Templar, putting a hand to the ground to better draw magic out. That same hand was then stuck out, palm facing outwards towards the flames.
Water Cannon.
His palm briefly glowed blue for a moment, before a large ball of water shot out with all the force and impact of a cannonball, smashing right into the flaming branch and killing the blaze.

...As well as ripping said branch right off of the tree.

"A decent fire-bolt, it seems. If you can get that far, it's more than just basics now... Though, you'd still be considered a novice by most standards. Everyone goes for the fireballs when they start using magic. Still, you know what you're doing, and I didn't notice any problems with your concentration."

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#134 Post by The Rookie »

Having quickly gotten changed, Lucian entered the bathroom with only the towel tied around his waist and the amulet around his neck.

The remainder of his belongings now residing in a locked chest to which he had the only key. Placing it on a near by wall hook for safe keeping.

The room seemed like any other public bath. The walls were made from darkened timber, while the floors consisted of slabs of grey stone, with the bath in the centre of the room, which filled up most of the space.

Lucian dipped his toes into the water to find it was a heated wonderfully. His body sending out a pleasurable shiver as he waded into the water.

It wasn't long before Lucian was joined by Shepherd, who is also only wearing a towel on his waist. He looked a bit uncomfortable at

Not as good as the one back home... The Basitin thought as he eased himself into the warm water. But it would do for now.

He then shifted his attention back to Lucian once he made himself comfortable.

"So... You want to know how I got here..."
He closed his eyes and took a deep sigh. "This is a matter which I don't really want to revisit, but I guess it can't be helped..."

"As I said before, I was a Lieutenant, and before I came here, I commanded a squad of my own." He said, his voice no louder than a whisper. "The squad is one of the best ones on the Island. We have succeeded in nearly every single one of our missions."

"Over time, me and the rest of the squad became close friends."

"The most recent mission that we received was to escort a ship and its cargo, back to the Mainlands. The whole voyage was mostly uneventful, up until a band of pirates showed up..." He shifted uncomfortably. "Me and my squad are helping doing fine against them, and most of the boarding parties were killed or driven back, when the cargo... exploded suddenly. The pirates must have got a mage or a cannon of some sort..."

"Anyway, the explosion blew a large hole in the ship, and I was thrown off deck by the explosion soon, and everything just... became black for a few seconds." Shepherd took another deep breath, then shook his head, as if to clear himself of some bad memories. "I only woke up when I started choking on the seawater. Fortunately, I was able to surface fast enough to prevent myself from drowning..."

"One of the pirate's boarding boats had gotten loose and I manage to secure it." He said slowly. "Fortunately, it was empty, and I got on without much incident."

"I rowed away from the ship, albeit only a short while away, as I intend to return soon for any survivors. But what I didn't know was that we had a storm chasing us. We had outpaced it by quite a bit, but it was catching up to us."

"The battle continued between the two ships, and soon, the storm eventually came. The crew on our ship were prepared, but the storm was too much for her, and she suddenly listed to the side, crashing into the pirate's ship."

"The pirates and I, on the other hand, were not prepared for the sudden storm, and with the two ships crashing, it was becoming extremely chaotic. I... I then panicked and rowed away as fast as I can, and... and I abandoned everyone else."

Shepherd closed his eyes, and took another moment to recompose himself.

"I was unable to outpace the storm itself, and soon it overturned my boat. Then the next thing I remembered was waking up in your home." The Basitin said, heaving a great sigh, as if some weight has lifted off his shoulders.

"Hmm.. So you don't remember when Val and I found you then? Half dead in the middle of the street?" Lucian asked, curiously. "You must have wondered in all the way from the coast, and Neutral knows how long that must have taken." Lucian paused, eyeing up and down Shepard's body. "They certainly build you lot tough on that island of yours."

Lucian lent back in the bath, using a spare towel as a pillow as he stared up at the roof. "So, what's your plan now? I take it you'd want to find that ship of yours, right?"

"The ship was already sunk. I cannot deny that." The Basitin's voice was flat. "So I won't be able to find the ship. I am, however, sure that some of my squadmates did survive the ordeal like me."

He sighed again.

"And that is exactly why I wanted to get a map. I wanted to map out the currents of the sea and see where could it have taken any survivors. Then I'm going to find them and bring them back to the Island." He said.

Lucian thought for a moment. "There.. Might be a naval chart somewhere here in town. However, you've got to understand, we're not in a port town." Lucian explained. "I feel your best bet for what you're looking for can be found to the North East in Knockford. Not only is a major trade hub for the area, but the town has a direct shipping route to the Basitin Isles. I'm certain you'll find what you're looking for there."

"Knockford... That's where our ship started our return journey!" Shepherd said. "That is probably the best bet. Thank you for your help, Lucian." He said. "I shall make the necessary preparations right away!"

He then looked at Lucian.

"But can you please point me towards the right direction? I have only visited the port a few times, and it was always on a ship. So I would need some directions before I can get there."

"Well, there's the main road heading out of town. As long as you follow the path, you can't miss it." Lucian explained. "However, I don't want you running off into the unknown until you're back to full strength. It'd be foolish to take off so soon after what you've been through."

"Yes... You're probably right..." Shepherd said as he eased back into the water. "I guess we should wash up first for now. This conversation has gone on a bit too long." He smiled.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#135 Post by The Rookie »

(OOC: Well, I guess we're moving on. I'm going to assume that Shepard and Val stayed over at Lucian's place that night.)

It was still early in the morning when Lucian awoke, his guest still sleeping in their make shift beds. He tried to move as quietly as he could, trying to avoid waking them, quickly heading down stairs and dressing into his usual black smiting attire. Short sleeved brown tunic, with long cream coloured trousers. Made entirely from flame retardant materials, of course.

As Lucian headed out into the morning Sun's first light, he spotted Judah already at the forge waiting for him. Hammer in one hand and a hot piece of shaped steel in the other.

Once across the street, Lucian greeted Judah with the usual brotherly shoulder jab as he pulled on a smiting apron.

"Morning, Judah." Lucian said through a yawn. Stretching his arms and back.

Judah saw lucian as he entered the forge later than usual. his mind is still cramped with all the questions he has about the events the night before. Who exactly was the vixen he saw? why is she with lucian and how they got into a problem with the templars. But judah chose to just reply casually as usual while he continues to hammer the molten metal.

"mornin'"

"how's the fishing by the way? doesn't seem like you were succesful o' mighty hunter,"
judah said slightly smiling and lightly rising his eyebrows since lucian has always liked to brag on how he is the best fisher in town.

Lucian stopped what ever it was he was doing with a huff. "I'll have you know I caught three lovely sized trout, thank you." Puffing his chest out proudly, while still appearing slightly moronic to any on lookers.

After waiting for a few seconds for Judah's apology/appraisal. Lucian realised that Judah was more than happy to keep on working in silence. Letting out a sigh as his deflated chest now matched his deflated ego.

"What about you, Jud?" Lucian asked. "Did you get up to much yesterday? "

"I had to go to the market to buy James and myself our dinner"

Lucian gave a slight dismissive shrug. "Eh, what's new. You always do that." Lucian added, reaching over to grab a hammer sitting on a work bench. It was then Judah revealed his little secret. There was no smugness or humour in is voice as he spoke, just his usual casual chatting tone."I met your girlfriend"

Lucian's ears pricked up and his grip on his hammer slipped. The fall causing a deep dint in the earth a mere inch from his toes.

"You met who?" "When?" "How?"
Lucian asked frantically, buzzing around Judah like a bee around honey as he continued to work as if everything was normal.

"I saw you two 'frolicking around' in the crowd yesterday when i was helping james get some tools."

"And it just so happens that she was in the market yesterday. What was her name again? Valerie? Vallory? No-uh, valkeryie, that's right. "
judah continues while still having his attention on the molten metal starting to take shape.

"Pretty girl isn't she?"
Judah said with a smirk while staring at lucian with a teasing look

"James said it's about time you found a girl your age"

Lucian was a more than a little caught off guard. Shyly looking away at mention of 'frolicking around'.

"She's... Different..." Lucian said bashfully "One moment she's a gorgeous vixen. The next she's a terrifying marks-woman." There was a faint smile as his gaze drifted to the second story of his house across the street.

"Speaking of which, where is the 'old' man?" Lucian asked.

judah's smirk turned into a smile as he has never seen Lucian felt that way to another person. but quickly, Judah remembered about what the vixen said about the Templars

"probably still snoring in his room, he was pretty tired yesterday and he was kinda hoping we'd be having smoked trout for dinner"
judah chuckled a bit. "anyway, yes, val is a very nice woman. i chatted with her a bit in the market, stuttering as usual..." Judah's face looked slightly embarrassed about it. "she told me that you two were in a hurry that day. Because of some, templar business...." his expression became flat "i mean, getting into a little fight in a bar is one thing, but the templars," Judah gave a very worried look to Lucian "you're not trying to get yourself killed are you? or worse....." he shudders at the thought of the rumours of what the templar might do to keidrans.

"Ok, first off that Snow wolf had it coming. You mightn't have understood what he was saying to you, but by the Mask he won't be doing it again." Lucian said taking a stern tone, while trying to hide his smile while recalling the memory.
"Second, the business with the Templar was all just a misunderstanding. They thought I was helping a slave escape his captor, when what happened is he sort of just stumbled into me while in the forest." Lucian bent over to grab the hammer by his foot before he pulled a damaged shield of the wall. "Besides, he turned out to decent human being for a change. He pretty much freed the wolf on the spot, he was even taking him out for a meal last I saw them."

"oh...." Judah sighed in relief, his expression no longer tense as his face starts to relax since he realizes that Lucian was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"a wolf. heh, typical....." Judah scoffed. At this point he's just annoyed every time he hears yet another a problem involving a wolf
"but a templar being a nice human being? huh, that's something i least expect i'd ever hear"

"so-uh, you're not gonna have to deal with them anymore right? last night i could've swore i heard a kid say that this huge templar was spying on a vixen in the market. and at the time, i'm pretty sure val was the only vixen i saw there. Did one of the templar you saw happen to be a big-looking guy?"

"Believe it or not, he was a she. The giantess!" Lucian mocked as he wore the broken shield and and rose his hammer into the air in a triumphant pose. "Now she was pretty much what you'd expect for a Templar. Big, angry, dislikes all things with fur. Actually, I feel like you'd get along nicely with her. I think she almost hates wolves as much as you do."