Alternate Twokinds World RP

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Alternate Twokinds World RP

#136 Post by Stryder221 »

Once the morning sun had begun to rise, that was the moment that the Templar Oalei had awoken, yawning as he sat up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, right before fishing around for his glasses and putting them on.
Still a bit drowsy, he soon threw the sheets off himself and stood up, looking over himself in a nearby mirror. This might also be a good time to add that the only thing he'd taken to bed was his pants.

However, his attention was drawn more to the copper-colored left arm, starting all the way at the shoulder. A constant reminder of times that were less than pleasant.
I can't blame sis for wanting an entirely different room... After all this time the incident's still fresh on her mind, and I just went ahead and threw a wolf in for her to put with.
Lei had thought, his attention soon shifting to said wolf, visible in the mirror and curled up on the floor with a spare blanket wrapped around himself.

This... wasn't his first choice. Neither of them were all that keen on sharing a bed, and even though Moon was thankful for the gesture, didn't exactly want to take it for himself, and neither did Lei want him to take the floor. Soon enough it became a bit of an argument on who took the floor of all things, and it was actually quite surprising how adamant the wolf was, with both parties fighting tooth and nail for it until they eventually agreed to a coin-flip. Lei ended up losing, incidentally.

It was a very odd experience, to be honest.

Remembering something from yesterday Lei soon found himself digging through his pack sitting in the corner of the room, and had left one of his spare shirts right next to Moon for when he woke up.
Since he stood about half a head taller than the Keidran, and with a somewhat wider build as well... it was surely going to be a bit big. Still, it was a far better alternative to the rags, with or without the Templar symbol on the front.

And speaking of the symbol, there was also a certain message that needed attending to, the letter sealed with wax in the shape of, you guessed it, the Templar symbol. Something Lorym tossed at him last night before she left the room in disgust.

Finally, he was going to get that matter sorted.

With not much else at his disposal, at least nothing that he could get right away, the Templar resorted to using his sword as an oversized paper-knife, cutting open the envelope and breaking the seal in the process.
With that out of the way, he extracted the letter, and began to read through it, his brows raising halfway through the message.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

Phaing
Master

#137 Post by Phaing »

Meanwhile... sound carries rather well in the early morning, doesn't it?

Just out of sight, someone is singing herself awake without an audience (or any instruments)
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOIW97jbFw4[/video]

Should anyone go to investigate, they will find a small human woman (Asian, dark skin, black hair that is actually a wig) who is taking down a hammock that she had strung up under a broad tree overnight. She is wearing a forest-green silk robe that she apparently slept in.

When approached, she will not be startled much, but she will crouch down on one knee before whoever comes along.
"So very sorry. This one arrived too late to be banging on anyone's doors. Sushulana (Sue-shoe-Lana) is my name, who are you?"
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#138 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Val woke with a start hearing lucian stir about the house. she was glad to have stayed over and wanted to thank him for the hospitality however once she heard him at work with judah she stayed back her fur was dirty so she should get cleaned but she stayed at the door hearing him
The Rookie wrote:
"mornin'"

"how's the fishing by the way? doesn't seem like you were succesful o' mighty hunter,"
judah said slightly smiling and lightly rising his eyebrows since lucian has always liked to brag on how he is the best fisher in town.

Lucian stopped what ever it was he was doing with a huff. "I'll have you know I caught three lovely sized trout, thank you." Puffing his chest out proudly, while still appearing slightly moronic to any on lookers.

After waiting for a few seconds for Judah's apology/appraisal. Lucian realised that Judah was more than happy to keep on working in silence. Letting out a sigh as his deflated chest now matched his deflated ego.

"What about you, Jud?" Lucian asked. "Did you get up to much yesterday? "

"I had to go to the market to buy James and myself our dinner"

Lucian gave a slight dismissive shrug. "Eh, what's new. You always do that." Lucian added, reaching over to grab a hammer sitting on a work bench. It was then Judah revealed his little secret. There was no smugness or humour in is voice as he spoke, just his usual casual chatting tone."I met your girlfriend"

Lucian's ears pricked up and his grip on his hammer slipped. The fall causing a deep dint in the earth a mere inch from his toes.

"You met who?" "When?" "How?"
Lucian asked frantically, buzzing around Judah like a bee around honey as he continued to work as if everything was normal.

"I saw you two 'frolicking around' in the crowd yesterday when i was helping james get some tools."

"And it just so happens that she was in the market yesterday. What was her name again? Valerie? Vallory? No-uh, valkeryie, that's right. "
judah continues while still having his attention on the molten metal starting to take shape.

"Pretty girl isn't she?"
Judah said with a smirk while staring at lucian with a teasing look

"James said it's about time you found a girl your age"

Lucian was a more than a little caught off guard. Shyly looking away at mention of 'frolicking around'.

"She's... Different..." Lucian said bashfully "One moment she's a gorgeous vixen. The next she's a terrifying marks-woman." There was a faint smile as his gaze drifted to the second story of his house across the street.
val found herself blushing then her face was redder than apples and her emotions were getting the best of her. she had never felt this way in her life but why was she feeling them now?! she moved away to get cleaned up causing a large mess of bowls to fall from the kitchen as she darted upstairs to get washed up quickley once back downstairs she began cleaning her mess and cook breakfast. might as well show some kindness again to the ones who gave her hospitality
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#139 Post by kiabugboy »

The Rookie wrote:"Believe it or not, he was a she. The giantess!" Lucian mocked as he wore the broken shield and and rose his hammer into the air in a triumphant pose. "Now she was pretty much what you'd expect for a Templar. Big, angry, dislikes all things with fur. Actually, I feel like you'd get along nicely with her. I think she almost hates wolves as much as you do."
"Yeesh, i hope i'll never get to see that..." Judah raises one of his eyebrows, his expression showing a bit of disgust since he isn't too fond with the thought of a gigantic female templar.

"As for the wolf thing, look lucian, i'm not saying they're all bad, but you know a lot of them are just violent thugs, making life harder for other keidrans like us."
Judah have never liked dwelling on this topic, so as soon as he finishes the sentence, he picks up the glowing molten metal, now resembling more like a flat, thin plate with his blacksmithing clamp and tosses it into the air, as the the piece flips around a bit before falling down and immediately caught again by judah, showing it too lucian.

"well what do you know? seems like i'm finishing this faster than you, farmer thaddius might just be getting that dagger of his a day early"
judah intentionally gave a smug look to lucian
"what's the matter, getting a bit tired big guy?" he gives a light punch to the fox's shoulder

"Sure, I mean only if he plans on using it as a decorative letter opener." Lucian chuckles, pointing at the centre of the glowing rod. "Look there. See that? That cracking there means the metal is far too brittle." he says patting Judah on the shoulder "If Thaddius tried to use this to cut anything thicker than warm butter, it'll shatter into a million pieces." He turns to grab the piece he was working himself, showing it to Judah.
"This is what you're looking for. Nice strong metal that makes a nice 'ping' sound when struck." tapping the steel twice with his hammer. *Ping Ping*

"You're getting better, cub. But you're not quite up to my level yet." returning the smug attitude as he goes back to work.

"huh"
Judah tried to pound on the metal, only managing to produce a 'thonk' sound as he lifted it up to see it better, with a slightly annoyed look on his face

he then closed his eyes and slightly smiled in defeat as he sighed " well, i guess farmer thaddius is going to wait a bit longer for his shining dagger until i get this thing right. though the old man would probably already forgotten about it by then" Judah threw the metal back into the furnace as the two chuckled a bit

"i can already hear james lecturing me about this" judah proceeded to lower his voice to imitate the man, while he closed his eyes and puffed his chest, holding one finger up in a lecturing motion " Now Judah, one cannot just make a sword in a single day. you must put your heart into it! feel the metal as it takes shape and keep your focus" he and lucian laughed at the badly done impression before they both felt a big hand patting their back...

"You two wouldn't be making fun of poor ol' me, would you boys?" James ask, speaking in his usual calm, yet deep gravelly voice. "The man who took you both in under his roof, and trained you out of the kindness of his heart?"

"Pfft, we both know the only reason you took us on was so you didn't have to do the work yourself.." Lucian smirked, resulting in a deafening silence, only to be broken by a roar of laughter from the jolly giant.

"anyway great observation there lucian, but you're both doing it wrong anyway"

james then puts his blacksmithing attire on, it's size visibly larger than the ones the other two were wearing.
" now, let me show you how the master does it" he jokingly proclaimed
"Judah, fetch me my hammer will ya? the one we got from old jacob yesterday?"

Judah's ears immediately pricked up and his eyes widdened " uh yeah, the hammer from yesterday...."

"you, forgot it.... in the tavern yesterd-"
"GOTTA GO BYE!" Judah immediately dashed out of the forge, still wearing his attire. he managed to stop for a second when he was outside "won't be long! i promise! sorry!" he shouted from the distance before he proceeded to run into the crowd towards the direction of the bar, slightly downhill, to retrieve the hammer.

by the time he reach halfway uphill, Judah was already panting really hard, his lungs almost devoid of air and his chest feels like it was about to explode. he slows down a bit before stopping and supporting his hands on his already tired knees
"gah! you're such an idiot judah! you were suppposed to pick up the hammer again last night after going to the market" he rests his hand on a nearby tree and slowly sits down a bit "Lucian's never going to shut up about this... heck, he's probably bursting out in laughter by now" Judah rests for a bit, waiting until he stops breathing heavily and letting the cool breeze of the grassland winds dry his now-wet fur.

Judah gets up again and starts to walk in a more steady pace "can't get mad at him for too long though. he's right, i do rush things and end up forgetting important stuffs" judah smiles a bit, remembering all the slip ups he had done before, some earning laughters from james, others earning him hard life lessons, though this one is probably a bit of both.

as he lets himself get lost in thoughts for a bit, he hears a soothing but unfamiliar voice coming from the trees. Judah had lived most of his life in the town, so he knows when a voice is coming from a stranger. although judah never planned to leave his town, he always have been an explorer since his young age, often dreaming what it would be like to just suddenly embark on a quest like the ones he heard of the many legendary heroes, powerful mages, travelling across far lands and isles, facing dragons and beasts. he contemplates just leaving this voice behind and continuing his way, but this time, his curiosity got the best of him.

when he reaches the source of the voice, he calls out to whoever is there, trying to stutter as little as possible "h-hello, uhm- excuse me"

Transient Truth
Traveler

#140 Post by Transient Truth »

(I'm back!)

Whilst all the commotion was going on, Shepherd woke up in Lucian's home, swathed by his newly bought bedrolls, with an immense headache. It appears that sleeping on the hard floor didn't help alleviate that much.

The internal clock inside him appears to be broken. Usually he woke up strictly at 7:00, with a deviation of about 10 minutes. And judging from the sunlight streaming from outside the window, he was already late by an hour.

While listening to the sound of the wind and birds chirping, Shepherd changed into new clothes, not unsimilar to his old saltwater soaked ones, which he had bought along with the bedrolls yesterday. The trader struck quite a hard bargain for the goods he sold, but Shepherd was not without his experience in haggling, and he managed to make it off with a backpack, two sets of new tunics, and a somewhat used bedroll, with a little gold to spare.

He had managed to put on his leather armor, slipped on his tunic and pants, and was in the process of putting new wrappings on his paws just as he heard a great crash downstairs. Shortly after, Val rushed upstairs and darted into the bathroom before he could say a greeting. She didn't seem to notice him, however, and so Shepherd decided to greet her later.

Fixing his scimitar on his belt, he walked down, and was about to exit the house in search for something to eat when he witnessed Judah rushing out of the doorway of the house opposite to that of Lucian's home. He thought it might be best if he went over and said hello to Lucian first. After all, that was only polite.

"Good morning, Lucian." He said, bowing slightly. He never was good at first impressions. Not when he wasn't half-dead, or unconscious.
"Please accept this as a token of my gratitude for letting me stay at your home." He said as he dug into his pouch and handed Lucian a few gold coins.

Turning towards James, he said. "And forgive me, but may I know of your name, sir?"
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant