MacPherson's Bar and Tavern IC

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Re: MacPherson's Bar and Tavern IC

#31 Post by Lief »

Hayley turned to the newcomer, an expression of mild amusement briefly crossing her face. "When there was more like myself, they did more harm than good. Not to say there weren't good ones, but they were rare in comparison."

"They're all gone or in hiding now. Killed by me, each other, or turned into something worse. The ones in hiding wouldn't be much help, and I know at least one of them is capable of evading me. I've no interest in finding the others. If they want to stay underground, I'm not going to drag them out into the light of day."

"Besides, in its current state, I don't believe my homeworld can support more than myself." As she finished, she rested her elbow on the counter and her head on a gloved hand, eyes fixed on the apparent cyborg.

((Second half will be posted later, either as an edit to this one or a reply depending on if someone else posts.))

anonfox123
Grand Templar

Re: MacPherson's Bar and Tavern IC

#32 Post by anonfox123 »

"That's rather unfortunate. There's you, and then there's the cowards hiding in the dark." Chromia remarked, thinking about the predicament of augmented knight's home. "Though I suppose the ashes of a fallen empire isn't the best foundation to build a new society on..." She stared at her glass, thinking back to what she had gleaned of the past from her adventures and heroics. The Orokin had to be brought down, there was no other way around it. And who better to strike the final blow than the outcasts-turned-heros, the Tenno? Or had they made a big mistake, letting worse things arise in the chaos that remained?

"Still, whatever is left isn't going to fix itself. Order is often something that is sorely needed, but ignored by those heros who value "freedom", whatever that means. I mean, sure, your monster hunting does some good, but what about when you're not there? The villages or towns you can't watch over? Are these things really so powerful that only you can take them on? If you are truly so revered, can't you be an organizing force in your world, laying down rules for followers while inspiring to greater things than mere survival? Or are you scared of becoming a tyrant?" Chromia backed off, and chuckled a bit. "Maybe I'm being too harsh, but I just don't want you falling into the same mistake that we Tenno made, simply eliminating a problem without providing a solution."

Turning to the wolf, Chromia set about setting the record straight.
"Space cat? I guess you could make that mistake with your eyes vibrating like a high-frequency blade, and most of my armor off. My armor, my powers, they're all centered around the concept of a dragon. Breath attacks, elemental control, seemingky impervious to harm..." Putting her hands together, Chromia meditated for a second, and the lines of energy visible at the seams of her suit turned from orange to white. Raising her glass, she then blew across it, freezing the remaining water within, and placed it on the table upsidedown for emphasis. "I only allow myself little parlor tricks like that when I'm not fighting." Not to mention preventing myself from giving away too many of my abilities, especially to someone who acts so much like a Corpus.

"My siblings though, where to begin... With the Void, a beautiful but hellish dimension that has a vengeance against physics? The Orokin, an empire willing to maroon a ship of innocents in that place, as an experiment? The way they cast us aside afterwards, branding our newfound forms and abilities an affront to "perfection"? How they came groveling to us for salvation, when their own misbegotten creations turned on them?" Chromia paused. It wasn't like her to get this worked up, her energy color had flared back to orange. "We were sold the ideas of being heroes, admired and revered for once. We jumped at that chance, and gave it our all, but in following our orders, we couldn't solve the problems within the empire as we fought the foe without. Even as our victory was being celebrated, rebels attacked the proceedings before even the 10th drumbeat of the ceremony. In the fighting and confusion, the ruling elite was slain. Not wanting people to fight over our allegiance, we Tenno hid ourselves away in the Void, a place kinder to us ever since it burned us with its light."

Addressing the knight, Chromia added to her earlier point. "That was our mistake. We retreated into the dark instead of acting as a stabilizing force. But now, with our numbers preserved, we have a mentor to guide us, the Lotus, and six syndicates to focus our purpose. The Steel Meridian, a shield for the innocent. The Red Veil, a burning spear to strike down corruption. The Perrin Sequence, building a peaceful future on peaceful profits. The New Loka, healing bodies and minds. Cephalon Suda, to preserve knowledge and foster understanding. The Arbiters of Hexus, to govern and guide, not dictate and control. " She leveled her gaze at the wolf again. "And yet there are those who would tear it all down for their own gain. Though I suppose it would be rather unlikely that the Corpus have agents in another universe. Forgive my earlier attitude; your choice of drink and cagey questioning reminded me of an extremely unscrupulous trading empire that I've had to fight against more than I'd like."
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!