MacPherson's Bar and Tavern IC

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

anonfox123
Grand Templar

Re: MacPherson's Bar and Tavern IC

#16 Post by anonfox123 »

"Uuugh. Clear out the Orokin Derelicts, they said. Find ancient technology they said. Routine job to keep the Infested in check they said. Bring the new clan member along, they said. What a joke." Chromia grumbled as she stomped frustratedly into the bar. "Screw that time-limited alert mission, I need this..."

The mission in the Orokin derelict had in fact started rather routinely, and even the flighty Zephyr operator she had been talked into looking after was cutting down a decent number of the abominations with her heat-sword. And then the Loki had to run ahead with his stealth abilities, opening an Orokin vault and setting off the ancient ship's alarm system, causing a mind-controlled security force to teleport in. As if that wasn't enough, the Rhino on the team got tracked down by the Stalker, a rouge Tenno hunting down others in the same of some sick vigilante justice, AND the Corpus had just forced open the ship's portal room in hopes of looting what remained of the Orokin tech. As for Chromia, the syndicate Steel Meridian decided they had a bone to pick with her and deployed a whole platoon of souped up Roller dones, hoping the bladed robotic orbs would cut her down to size.

In short, a simple mission abruptly became a 6-way charlie foxtrot of mutant space-zombies meets plasma bolts meets brainwashed troopers meets sadistic space-batman meets razor-studded robo-balls meets physics-defying Void-powers.

"Lime soda with cranberry syrup and an infusion of spiral energy, if you can manage it. Void energy if you can't, I'm not picky." She declared as she sat down and slumped over on the bar. "Pardon my bluntness, I've had a looooooong day."
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#17 Post by Twippit »

Mac smacked the rootbeer down for the mutant and grumbled, swiping the credit chips. He started cleaning an already spotless glass with a hole-filled rag and glowered across the room. He wanted this blasted party to be over and out of his bar already. Seventy years was about sixty-nine years and three-hundred-forty-four days too long.
A woman took a seat at the bar some ways down from him. Their eyes met, and she nodded. "Ale, please. Something strong." She placed several coins on the counter, a bit more than necessary, but it made for a nice tip.
"You got it," Mac rumbled in his always-so-friendly way. He turned and filled the glass he was holding with the amber liquid from the tap on the wall. He walked over to her and slammed the beverage down, taking the coins and pocketing them. "Anything else?"
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

Hellbreaker

#18 Post by Hellbreaker »

Titus looks up as Macslams the rootbeer down."T-thanks..."He blinks at her question, then considers it."I.....don't know..." The mutant notices the smell of ozone,but disregardsit,thinking about why he is the way he ."Maybe its just a...glitch...in my preprogrammed instincts. Or maybe its actually subconscious rebellion against something I unconsciously feel to be wrong, or at least wrong for me. " Titus looks at her,tilting his head at the shimmer,then shrugs."In the end...All I know is that I'm not the way I was designed." He smiles, and asks,"So...what's your homeland like?"

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#19 Post by Twippit »

Metatron sighed. Did the work never end? The lack of respect, the childishness, the complete and utter chaos. She grabbed the apparently catatonic elf who was sitting with the two immortals and dragged her to the door. The angel dropped her roughly and extended a hand.
"Payment, please," Metatron sighed, already figuring there would be no response. Metatron waited a moment longer, and when, indeed, no response came, Metatron stood up curtly.
"Refusal to pay results in permanent banishment," she said disdainfully, looking down her nose at the elf.
"Please comply."
The elf continued to lie on the floor, frozen. Liquid oozed from her mouth.
"Payment is required."
The elf lay motionless.
I've had enough of this [censored], Metatron thought. She bent down and placed a hand on the elf's face, and the color immedeately drained from the elf's face. All traces of life and softness disappeared, replaced with a metallic sheen. The elf was gone from the body, replaced by a new being in the shape of the old. A being of complete and perfect order. A modron.
Metatron rose to her full height, and it almost seemed as if she were... smirking. "Thank you for your payment."
The modron stood and came to attention.
Metatron placed a hand on its shoulder. "Now go out and fight tirelessly, fight the forces of Sloth and Chaos. Fight. It's what you were made to do," she whispered. Metatron opened the door to a random plane, and the modron walked out to its certain oblivion.
Metatron turned and walked back into the bar to where more customers were awaiting drinks. Good is not nice, she thought with some satisfaction.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#20 Post by y7h65 »

705 Side

"I mean maybe you might have been programmed to think like this. That's the problem with u-"

In the midst of her sentence, a sudden crackle of electricity snapped as the smell of ozone came to a climax as if they were at the site of a lightning strike. The two lights on the side of her visor blinked twice as 705 suddenly straightened up, a quick glance confirming that it was an incoming call from... Hikari. Ah [censored].

"Er, hold on, I have to take this."

With a sigh she spun away from Titus and leaned back against the edge of the bar, her right arm shooting to the side of her head to answer the call. With a click the line connected, a picture of the freckled elven features admist what appeared to be a debris field showing up in the corner of her vision. The sound of what appeared to be combat could be heard in the background as the sound automatically relayed itself into her head. "Heeeey Hikari! What's up?"

The video flickered, static playing across the screen as Hikari sighed in relief. "Trying to save everyone by blowing up the giant stone-darkness-god-thing. Again." She did a double-take and tilted her head, staring. " Wondering why we couldn't grab you through the Partner System, was kinda scared you were dead or, you know, stuck in another alternate timeline. Again."

"Ahahaha.ha...ha. That only happened once. I think. Maybe. Anyways, what's with the call?"

A massive explosion on the other end cut the video feed. When the connection was restored, Hikari was glaring about as effectively as a ruffled kitten. "I'm calling because all the evil gods that want to do evil stuff to us are here! Just because you guys make me do the god-slapping doesn't mean you get to slack when I need someone along!"

"What? I'm not slacking!"

"You're in a bar, you Falz-sized liar! Come and help or I'll-crud, they're here." She lifted a massive staff into view, shaking it at the robot. "Don't even try bending time to be here, I'll know! Probably!"

"I swear I'm not at the bar."

"I can see people drinking around you-" A series of even larger blasts rocked whatever surface Hikari was standing on, further stuttering the call. "Big tiny shorty lying robo jerk--- I'll hide all of your guns" Any further ranting was drowned out by deep, booming laughter, the call breaking a second later.

Letting go of the button on the side of the visor, 705 took the time to think of the situation. For a second at least, before she promptly realized that all her friends could level most armies with minimum effort.

Laughing softly as she spun back to face Titus, 705 shrugged nonchalantly as she refocused on the winged artificial.

"Funny you mention home! That was actually someone from back home. Well, it's a fleet first of all. Fleet full of spaceships, all carrying a city in them. It's like, an extended research deployment where we both scout areas good for civilization and trying to figure out the deal with elderitch horrors that try to destroy the current system we're attached to every other day, the giant parasite monster race currently trying to eat everything, and the people that built automatic robot building machines that build like huge [censored] robot land battleships of doom. It's never a dull day, that's for sure. I mean, we got a good grasp on interdimensional and interchronological stuff so that's nice. Can't control it but can certainly make sure we don't get torn to shreds when we try to enter a dimension not friendly to your existence. How about yours?"

Lily Side

"How rude." Lily summarized as she Metatron continued on, having apparently decided that extremes were the best option. "In the early days, they would just kick them out rather than brainwash them and turn them into little dolls."

"I hope you are aware that such actions make you less akin to those of good and more akin to those of tyranny!" Lily shouted at the retreating form of Metatron. "Or perhaps you believe that your form of justice is infallible?"

With that barb and sense of annoyance cleared, she turned back to focus on Nick with an annoyed sigh. "Thus, such is the reason as to why I really do find many of these new hires so distasteful. Never a sense of decorum or good sense in these newly shackled and eventually liberated minds. Anyways, if you wish to take up on my offer of tutelage, I would be happy to oblige. The worlds are becoming ever more so risky to travel no thanks to people such as those two," She stressed as she glared daggers at Mamon and Faj. "And they are not even the only ones at it. There are so much more out there. But what can one do? I must simply continue."
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#21 Post by anonfox123 »

Chromia glared after the retreating form of the so-called "angel" serving as a bouncer. Judging by the remarks of the human a few seats down, she wasn't the only customer to think Metatron had stepped over the line. Plunking down a fistful of credit-chits to pay for the order she'd placed earlier, she called out to Mac: "Hey Mac, you might want to get your attack dog under control, she overwrote a customer like a cheap hard-drive for not paying. Hardly the best way to keep up a clientel."

She blew a small jet of flame across one of the chits, searing off a small colony of Infested nano-spores. Any reasonable person might have just frisked the elf for the necessary cash before giving them the boot, but that thing decided to basically kill over something so petty. Not unlike another order-obsessed people also clad in white, gold, and black. Not unlike another faction willing to brainwash those they saw as lesser beings. Not unlike the ruling caste of an empire she and her Tenno siblings put to the sword for their self-righteous tyranny...

"Orokin [censored]..." Chromia muttered under her breath, tossing the still-glowing chit to herself to cool it off.

Hellbreaker

#22 Post by Hellbreaker »

Titus blinks."W-wait....you mean....sabotaged? Why would anyone...." Then there's lightning and electricity crackles around his own hands as if in response, though though it was actually surprise.He was concerned, but it appeared to be just a call. The young artificial nods."O-okay..." while his...well, too soon to call her a friend...acquintance is busy speaking with her friend, Titus thinks. It hadn't occurred to him that someone would sabotage his instinct programming....why would someone do that? He bites his lip, considering as his wings twitch in worry. 705 finishes her call, and tells him some more about her world. So....they all lived on spaceships? It sounded like they had to deal with a lot of troublesome things....Titus blinks,realizing she had asked him about Hus world."Weeeeellll....Things aren't as bad as they could be, I suppose...Due to our reliance on Biotech, the environment is doing quite well, and though there's plenty of cities they're linked well to nature....Really, any trouble is mostly social....As for my home city, there's plenty of Labs, so its rich...A good place to live, if you were full human..As for inter dimensional travel...We have Doors, relics from the before. They're handy, if you know the name of the place you want to go..I was lucky to find one."

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#23 Post by Lief »

"In the early days, Mac didn't have to worry about the ruffians he does now. The longer it's around, the easier this place is to access. Word gets around, sometimes reaches the wrong people. I suppose even when you're in your own realm, it's nice to have a helping hand when there's troublemakers about. Even if the hands are troublemakers themselves." Nick frowned, staring at the suspiciously empty space on the table in front of him.

"Waitstaff hasn't changed much, thankfully." He directed his attention on Lily again, frown dissipating. "But yes, I would like to take you up on that offer. I enjoy watching from the sidelines, but with the way things have been going another capable hand would be better than a pair of eyes. And regardless of danger, knowing how to fight is never a bad thing, right?" After a moment of silence Nick returned to staring at the table.

"Ah, I still don't have my drink." He spoke up again, apparently just now figuring out what was missing.

The armored woman noted the arrival of two others at the bar only moments after herself. One of them sat on her left and the other sat nearby. Within hearing range, certainly, but not necessarily conversational range.

The one on the left was an anthro of some kind. A wolf, perhaps. She'd seen their likes before in her world, long before it was in its current state. First he ordered a drink, a type of canned coffee most likely. Then he turned to her, and introduced himself.

"I'm hardly a Sir, being female and not actually a knight- I just look the part." She responded, turning to face him. "Hayley Durnin."

Just then Mac placed her drink down in front of her and asked if she wanted anything else. "That's all for the moment, thanks." Grabbing the glass and taking a swig, she once again faced the wolf to her left, giving him a once-over with her unnatural eyes.

"What brings you here?"

Twippit
Grand Templar

#24 Post by Twippit »

Metatron walked coldly over to the two immortals. "One Tom Collins," she said, placing the drink before the Undying One. "Anything for you, miss?" she asked the One From The Land Of Wales.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#25 Post by y7h65 »

705 Side

"Interesting!" 705 said, nodding thoughtfully as she processed the information. "Much better than my method. That's to say that we use giant gaping holes left by inter-dimensional horrors to get places. Nobody knows where you'll end up!"

705 giggled softly as she remembered all the interesting things and places that had occurred to her because of these dimensional holes. Time travel, random transportation to beaches, and all those times she ended up on a highly infested planet of death. OK, maybe that last one wasn't as fun as the first two but there was still a lot of other fun places those doors led to! Like that cake shop!

"Relics like that would be pretty useful where I'm from. Any idea how they came about?"

______

Lily Side

"Beer please. I would prefer it to be at least 10% ABV." Lily replied, glancing at the angel with a neutral expression. "That will be all for now."

Turning her attention back to Nick, Lily frowned as she went over his request. Certainly her job was not getting any easier by the day but at the same time, she was not exactly willing or wanting to get one of the few friends she had into a lifestyle that was, to be honest, quite weary on the soul and body. Even if he could not die, there certainly was a lot more worse things out there. "Are you certain? It may be true that it is not getting any less difficult out there but you are not like Varnthas and I. We thrive in conflict of all sorts and, as such, have collected the required tools and mindsets for such issues. You would have much to learn and even more to become used to."
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#26 Post by Lief »

"Suppose I was a bit vague. I'm not a knight. Haven't been knighted, haven't sworn fealty to anyone. The best anachronism would probably be "Monster Hunter", or perhaps "Dragon Slayer". Haven't killed many of them, though. Not to say I only kill inhuman creatures, but that is primarily what I do these days."

Hayley hefted her mug, downing half of the remaining Ale before setting it down. "'Course, you could always refer to me as a god of war, like the inhabitants of my homeworld do. Though I'd prefer if you didn't."

Gale listened intently as she relayed that she was a monster hunter and felt a bit closer to this stranger. "Funny. Most of the items we handle eventually get destroyed if they're dangerous enough. Some creatures do as well. We try to keep sentient beings alive as long as possible though." His mind passed over inhuman for a second. He obviously wasn't human, though his sentience wasn't up for debate. "To be fair to your prey, I may be smart, but I'm sure they're much more dangerous than I am. Not to say I'm not good at handling a beating. I tend to get bruised up quite a bit at work."

Looking over her second comment on godship he once more became confused on what he should tell her. If she was dangerous enough then he may find that he would want to try to either make sure she didn't get "loose", or possibly try to bring her back to containment for study. Trying to seem casual about it, he offered her another question. "A god? A fierce deity, to be sure. You certainly look the part. Peak condition, rather stunning if I say so myself... but I won't call you a god. It's impersonal to address you as 'M'Lord Durnin'." He sipped his drink, letting it very slowly ease it's way into his body. "Still, I might like to know what you're capable of, Hayley. I tend to try not to hug people that make me explode. Cleaning up is rather intense."

"Shouldn't you wait for me to answer your previous questions before asking more? Regardless, yes, the inhabitants of my world consider me a god of sorts. There are legends to that effect, and the legends are anything but uncommon."

Hayley rested an elbow on the bar, leaning into it and propping her head up on a gloved hand. "As for what I'm capable of... Well, from what I've gleaned of you, I doubt it would be wise to reveal that information. Rest assured, however, that you will not explode if you hug me. I still would not recommend doing so."

"Anything else? Or would you like me to answer your previous questions now?"

"To be fair, this is anything but professional." A bit more coffee before setting down, only just past half empty. He put away his note pad, and holstered his pen. "I haven't even written down your name." He smiled at the god-knight and gave himself a moment to think. At this point any more info would require something drastic. "I guess it's only fair for you to continue with my original questions. Afterwards, feel free to make counter questions on myself. It's only fair for you to know me, if I know you." A thought passed around in his head and he realized how he might just show her what he was like. It would be weird to say the least, but certainly not unheard of.

"I imagine you've got a good memory. You also aren't drinking an alcoholic beverage. You might not be writing anything down now, but what's to stop you from doing so later?" Hayley shook her head and sat up straight.

"My home, was it? It was very advanced, once. That was its downfall, however. Nowadays we're back to about... Medieval times? Is that term familiar to you?"

"I very well might." he picked up the half empty can of coffee from the table, and placed another 4 coins in it's place. "But I am also a wolf. A canine. Not in the traditional sense, mind you, but still very much a canine." He drunk the rest of the half can in one go, all of his fur standing on edge and making him appear fluffier. "Baker's chocolate, white chocolate, cocoa mulch, caffeine, theobromine, methylxanthine, xanthine, Vivarin, tea, coffee... all contain caffeine. To which I am sensitive." He crushed the can in his hand, the metal poking into his palm. "Drinking it quickly makes me less sensitive to pain. Less heightened, but more alert. I'm more... feral in nature."

He smiled at Haley. "I'm being honest. You're not my usual catch of the day. I generally hunt things that do their best to hunt people." He moved the can about in his hand, letting the metal free of his skin. "I am studying you so that if something like you appears where I'm from and tries to start trouble, I can do my best to ease it." The caffeine was quickly hitting his bloodstream, his thoughts getting a gentle haze to them, as his body became more excited. He lost his self control enough that his tail began to swipe left and right. "I'm more interested in learning about you than I am writing it down. I come here for info that is seldom useful." He collected himself, tail still swishing as he became less formal, and answered her small question. "Yes, very aware of it. A time of swords and shields. Clashing of men-at-arms. Torrents of arrows raining from the sky and piercing an unlucky peasant's breast plate... It was before my time, but I am very aware of it."

"Hmm." Hayley grabbed her mug and took a swig before continuing. "If someone like me turned up where you're from, I'd be very worried. Far as I know, I'm the last of my kind."

She downed the rest of her Ale and set the mug down again, retrieving some coins from somewhere and placing them down next to it. "Although it is possible someone bearing similarities exists in some world or another. But the same could be said of anyone in this place."

Hayley fixed her eyes on the wolf next to her, noting his more erratic movements. "Last question was about my eyes, right?" A half-grin worked its way onto her face. "Surprised that wasn't the first question, to be honest. It's a pretty common one either way. Folks from my homeworld think I'm half-dragon or something. There might actually be a hint of truth there, but it's still wrong. Once upon a time, as I mentioned previously, my world was quite advanced. Gene modding was commonplace. I didn't partake personally, but my parents did, and their parents before them. I just ended up with all the benefits. And these," She gestured to her eyes. "Used to hide them. Ran out of things to hide them with."

Hellbreaker

#27 Post by Hellbreaker »

Titus blinks, paling slightly at the mention of never knowing where you could wind up. Oooookaaay.....Note to self...be careful if you wind up in her world. It sounded quite risky...He looks at her, confused, as 705 giggles,before nodding. Ah...it appeared she had fond memories....then she asks if he had any idea where they come from."Uhm....the before was long ago...There's only legends, rumours of the Doors and other objects from then, no hard facts, but I suppose I can tell you the most commonly accepted story...." His voice and face gentles, and he begins telling the story."Long, long ago...in the Before, in the time of Myajic and esoteric Tech, the Daemon, a race of beings dedicated to Myajic rose up, determined to strike Tech down....Thus, the Before War began..The war dragged on...But, the Blessed, heroes wishing to end the pain, created the Doors..They used their incredible powers to send troops right to key positions, decimating the enemy. How is one to fight a foe that can bend reality itself, after all?Eventually,like everything, these Doors, that whiched helped end the tragic war, faded into legend..."

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#28 Post by Lief »

Nick nodded his thanks to the angel. "I'm good."

"I've seen nearly everything you two- Er, five? have done. Recorded most of it, too. Seen plenty more when you weren't present. None of it's ever bothered me, except during the early years. I suppose actively participating is an entirely different manner. Then there's the training... But it's not like time is really an issue, is it?" Nick matched the petite immortal's gaze, his own expression surprisingly neutral.

"Hm. If you did teach me, I guess I'd have to start a journal instead of the arcane notes and descriptions I've been writing. Should've been keeping one all along."

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#29 Post by y7h65 »

705 Side

"Hmm... interesting!" 705 replied, mentally filing away the little tidbit of information. "Too bad you guys don't have the data on hand. That'd be pretty useful but I guess reality's a [censored] like that sometimes."

Shrugging as she rolled her shoulders, she quickly glanced at the corner of her peripheral vision; only to pause as she noticed several new message notifications. Quickly flipping through them, she sighed as they invariably contained messages regarding giant monsters, death threats, and references to her being short.

"Well Titus," 705 said as she stood up and popped her shoulder and slinging her briefcase onto the small of her back, the metallic case attaching with a clang as magnets kicked in. "It's been fun but I think it's about time for me to go. I got worlds to save and what not, you know?"

_______

Lily Side

"Yes," Lily responded, chuckling as she did. "Yes you should have. Still, if you are serious about joining us then I must honour your decision. We shall begin as soon as we leave. But still, before we exit the bar, how about we enjoy ourselves? The universe may need more heroes but even we need to relax at times."
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#30 Post by anonfox123 »

Chromia looked around anxiously. Mac was nowhere to be seen, possibly having stepped into the back to get something. No drink forthcoming, she shoved the credit-chits back in her utility pouch. A snatch of conversation from nearby caught her attention:
"My home, was it? It was very advanced, once. That was its downfall, however. Nowadays we're back to about... Medieval times? Is that term familiar to you?"

A blond, seemingly human woman was relating her home's unfortunate tale to a canine creature dressed in the military gear of ancient earth. It seemed that among the multiverses, the plight of the Origin system was hardly unique, grand civilizations becoming too great for their own good, crumbling from corruption within or being battered down from without.

Grabbing a glass of water from one of the self-serve tanks, she moved over to the odd pair, addressing the augmented woman first. "Last of your kind, or just not looking hard enough?" She said, giving the lady a pointed look. "More people like yourself could do a lot more good than you'd think. Me and my brothers and sisters in arms are probably outnumbered hundreds of thousands to one, but we're slowly turning things around for our home."

Chromia glanced at the increasingly hopped-up canine, lip curling in mild disgust. Drinking stimulants for recreation was a little too much like the profit-worshipping Corpus for her liking, who routinely juiced themselves up for the next job, the next deal, in service of an entity that took "soul-sucking corporation" to the next level and then some. "Enjoying your greedy milk, dog?" She sneered.