From Misfits to Rebels: A Twokinds RP (STARTER THREAD)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

MainEventMan

From Misfits to Rebels: A Twokinds RP (STARTER THREAD)

#1 Post by MainEventMan »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_2zBH30HJU
(MUSIC TO SET THE MOOD. I WILL BE POSTING THIS REGULARLY. :3 )

The forest is quiet....save for the sounds of woodland creatures gathering supplies and food for their own survival, and birds calling out for mating season. All is peaceful and tranquil.....save for the lone Templar trudging through the tall grass. He was a tall man, a bit lanky, but still had as much muscle as he required. His brown hair was caked with mud and sweat. He was wearing a blue musketeer's coat with red trim on the sleeves and edges, adorned with gold lace and buttons. This, like most of his clothing, was stolen from the Templar prison he had just escaped from. "Ugh....I am so glad I managed to get that ball and chain off of me..." He remarked to himself. "Otherwise, this would have been sooooooooooooo much more difficult...." He had assumed he lost the soldiers that were persuing him, and felt that this was as good of a time as any to sit down and rest.

He came up upon a clearing in the forest. There were still trees for miles around, but this area seemed almost like a grassland despite that. The grass wasn't as long, and there was a large rock situated near a giant oak tree. The man sat down with a huff, taking the worn, hole riddled boots off of his feet. "My dogs are barking..." He was thankful there weren't any keidran around to hear that. He didn't hate the animal people, quite the opposite. In fact, he was arrested for attempting to free Keidran slaves back in his own villiage. He leaned against the rock, unsheathing his sword in order to inspect the blade. "Still clean as a whistle..." He remarked, placing the blade down by his side. He let out a long sigh, happy to have this one feigning moment to rest.....

esmeraldakittycat
New Citizen

Re: From Misfits to Rebels: A Twokinds RP (STARTER THREAD)

#2 Post by esmeraldakittycat »

Esmeralda sat in a tree as she watched what was happening.
CATS! CATS! CATS! :flora: :flora: :flora:

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#3 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Another Templar, this one considerably more loyal to the order and on his way to unknowingly meeting Jaden, whistled a soft ditty as he walked through the forest. The path was some ways off but Bryan preferred the fresher countryside. Besides, this was faster if you didn't mind the grass stains on your boots afterwards.

Bryan was enjoying himself. Warm sun with a bit of breeze to shake the leaves above and rustle the grass below, birds going about their day, and a few coins in his pocket from last night's betting. Adjusting his pack upon sighting the clearing, he strode in blithely, pausing only to greet the other Templar resting upon the rock some several yards away, straight across. "Hello there!" Bryan waved at his supposed comrade, apparently ignorant of the other's fugitive status, unless friendliness was how one was supposed to meet with criminals. "An' how are you doing? Lovely today, innit?"
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#4 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

I could kill him now, Praxis thought. Filthy smoothskin.

He made his way along, following Jaden in the canopy, doing his very best to remain completely silent. He considered dropping down onto the Templar as he rested upon the rock, and was about to do so when another Templar strode into the clearing.

"Hello there!" came the new Templar's call. "An' how are you doing? Lovely today, innit?"

Wonderful. Having the element of surprise, he could easily take out the more armored Templar from above, then dispatch the resting one. Stepping forward, he raised his axe.

Unfortunately, one wrong step when he wasn't paying attention sent Praxis tumbling through the leaves. He landed close, right in front of Jaden, with a soft thud, knocking the wind out of him. Even so, he felt no worse than after an intense hunt. He hopped to his feet, calming his breath.

"Stop your foots!" he shouted in bad human.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#5 Post by y7h65 »

"Oi! I got a better idea: how about you go right ahead and [censored] off?!" A response echoed out from slightly deeper in the forest to the Keidran's challenge, spoken in plain human. The voice was most definitely female and closer to an alto but tinged with a slight unidentifiable accent.

The sound of rustling could be heard as the response was shouted and, just seconds afterwards, a woman casually walked into the clearing with a smirk on her face. A long black cape ending just at hip level with an extended calf length right half was pulled tight around her torso while the aiguillette and naval badge on the right epaulet glowing softly in the light. Hanging on her back and peeking slightly over her right shoulder was a wrapped object that had the unmistakable profile of a sword of sorts. With all this to her image and combined with the air of confidence that seemed to wash off her, the woman made for an attention grabbing figure.

Gazing over the combined group in the clearing, the damaged but polished brass of the eye patching glinting meancingly, Lisa couldn't help but give a quiet laugh at what she saw. A wolf [censored] and two templars, one evidently having escaped something or the other and the other not on guard, all just standing in a clearing. She couldn't have asked for a better gathering of things she hated if she had actually gone out and asked for someone to bring this about. Maybe if they threw in some pirates. That would complete it, she reckoned.

Resting her gauntleted left hand on her hip, her right hand also resting on the handle of her arming sword unseen underneath the cape, Lisa laughed softly once more.

"Well, here's a question for you [censored]." Lisa said with an amused tone while slowly pacing to keep the three in front of her as necessary with her right hand ready to draw at a moments notice. "Well, you to be exact; Templar [censored]." Pausing as she gestured towards Jaden, she continued to speak as her smirk slowly grew into a grin. "For a Templar dressed so nicely and of station, you ain't exactly the type of stuck up old blood [censored] that would own that type of stupid [censored] clothing. Too covered in grime, sweat, and probably piss as well for that clothing to be fitting. Armed with a sword. Shoes worn down, too well used for the tastes of an old noble Templar. So either you've done something you really shouldn't have and killed someone you shouldn't have to steal something..."

Stopping her pacing for just a moment, Lisa struck out her left hand to point at Jaden right between the eyes while her own eyes burned bright with hunger and her grin went from something that could be seen as friendly to a smile that was entirely predatory in nature. "Or maybe you are a [censored] templar who just managed to get out of something very unfortunate. If you are then I'm afraid this is where your luck ends."
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#6 Post by Lief »

Elizabeth made no effort to mask her approach when she went to investigate the commotion in the clearing. Too much shouting in the middle of the forest. Normally she wouldn't care, but they were ruining her hunt.

She entered the clearing hood up, bow in hand with an arrow nocked. She was directly across from the swordswoman, and inbetween them was the man in Templar clothing. The other Templar and Wolf were to her right. She also noted a Keidran hiding in a tree to her left, though it seemed harmless for the moment. Definitely not a group of bandits, although the woman across from her had the mannerisms of one.

Elizabeth said nothing.

esmeraldakittycat
New Citizen

#7 Post by esmeraldakittycat »

Curious of what was happening, Esmeralda jumped out of her tree and said "Hello there." The voice was quite young and high.

MainEventMan

#8 Post by MainEventMan »

Jaden looked up as the older Templar approached him. He obviously didn't trust this overly friendly gentleman, but he was in no condition for a fight, so he decided to return the man's kindness. "Hey!" He said with a smile. "I've been better, in all honesty....how 'bout you?" Before he could hear the man's response however, was when he heard something fall from the trees with a thud. That jarred him, causing him to grab his blade and stand to his feet. Upon closer inspection....he saw it was a keidran. "Stop your foots!" He had said, in bad human. "Woah!" Jaden said, sheathing his weapon and holding his hands out. <"It's ok!"> Jaden assured, in Keidran. Not the best Keidran, but good enough to communicate, despite the fact he would let some human words slip in every now and again. "<I'm not your> enemy!"<I am your friend. You> understand <friend, yes?"> He had hoped the Keidran wouldn't consider this an insult...he just knew about their rightful predilections about humans...

He then heard another, rather fowl mouthed voice echoing from the woods. "Oh, great..." He muttered. He then heard this new woman talking about the clothes he was wering, making deductions about what he was doing prior to this meeting. "Let's just say I've had a really rough day and leave it at that, alright?" He answered in response.

"Hello there!" He heard another voice say. "GAH!" He shouted, caught off guard, turning to se it was....another Keidran. A female tiger, this time. "oh....Hello!" he said, a nervous smile on his face.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#9 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

"Well, ain't this something." Still relaxed, Bryan scratched his beard, letting his other hand rest on the pommel of the sword sheathed at his waist. "Most crazed bandit scheme I've ever seen, or today's just the oddest I've met." If the pirate-cum-rebel woman's rather intimidating observations raised his own suspicions, he remained calm. The closest threat was the archer, but if he was reading things right, that one wasn't actually added muscle for any of them. Rather odd thing to be happening, didn't usually see Keidran around here unless it was for a raiding party or collared. Matter of fact, seemed like none of them were with each other.

He stepped backwards a few paces, keeping his voice reassuringly steady. "I don't mean to be making no threats, but we're awful close to a Templar prison, and I don't think they'd be too keen on finding this mess here. So how's about we all take a breath, and talk without getting loud." Bryan glanced at the two Keidran, swapping to their tongue. "<Many Templars nearby. I don't want to fight.>"
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#10 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Looking around at the sudden congregation, Praxis stepped back, axe still in hand. He thought about running; very surely, he could outrun any of these people. But something about the whole situation seemed.. well, not life threatening. Deciding to stay, and peacefully so, he slid the handle of his axe back into its sheath on his back.

<Perhaps a diplomatic solution is at hand,> he said in low Keidran. "Forgive I before words," he spoke, his human as bad as ever. "I tribe hates humans. Say, 'kill humans'. I not agree. I say, 'kill bad humans, like slave master or tribe killer.' Not normal human." He cleared his throat. "I get overwhelm sometimes. Attack normal human. I am sorry."

Looking to Esmeralda, he spoke again, this time in rapid high Keidran. ~<Get out of here, striped one. These apes will only end your existence, or worse, enslave you and extort the locations of your kin from you so as to enslave them as well!>~
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

esmeraldakittycat
New Citizen

#11 Post by esmeraldakittycat »

Esmeralda replied to the white wolf in keidran <Not all humans are bad. Perhaps these humans won't do the bad things most humans do.> She then turned to face the humans and said in human, "Where do all of you come from? I've never seen you here in the forest."

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#12 Post by y7h65 »

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Lisa answered the two keidran, waving them off with her left hand as her hardened gaze continued to focus on the young templar before her. Whatever the keidran or archer may represent as a threat could wait until they either decided to make themselves a priority or after she got the answer as to what to do with the man in front of her. "We can talk about how great your people are or whatever after I get my answers."

"Contrary to what you might think or say, I'm not some [censored] bandit. If I was a bandit I would probably have already run one of you through. No, I'm just a [censored] with nothing better to do, out searching for answers that only Templar commanders can give." Pacing around the clearing again, Lisa continued to move as she made sure to keep all the threats within sight. In case any of them decided to start anything, of course.

"So, are you ready to give me an answer I find satisfactory?" Lisa asked with a smile and cold eyes, left hand resting on her hip. "Or are you going to continue dodging the question?"
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#13 Post by Lief »

Elizabeth eyed the swordswoman carefully. Now that the wolf had sheathed his weapon, and the tiger was no longer watching from the trees, this swordswoman was the biggest threat.

She matched the swordswoman's movements, keeping a calculated distance between them at all times. If it came down to a fight, the Templar- The proper one, would likely assist her. Not that she needed it.

"Answer." She spoke for the first time, voice dry and crackly, but the word lacked malice. The voice unfamiliar even to her.

MainEventMan

#14 Post by MainEventMan »

Music to set the mood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huAjfZDvZ5w

This situation was getting out of hand, and it was getting out of hand fast. He held his hands up over his head, vfor everyone present to see. "Hang on!" He shouted. He looked to the two Keidran, trying his best to speak their language once again. "<I'm not a> slaver! <in fact, I was arrested for> trying to free <Keidran slaves!.>" Crap, probably shouldn't have said that out loud.....He had no idea who these new humans were loyal to. BUt if they were in fact loyal to the empire, he wasn't about to go down without a fight.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#15 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Making sure to remain at ease as the pirate and archer began moving about the clearing, Bryan ignored the quick byplay between the Keidran. If they knew he understood their supposedly discreet conversation, he might miss something important. The shield on his back a reassuring weight, he made to speak but paused at the younger man's frantic words, rocking back on his heels with a resigned sigh. What a terrible mess.

"You're an awful hand at keeping your wits." He admonished Jaden. Bryan was not a fool. The odds of trying to recapture a self-proclaimed fugitive (And certainly he believed the claim, few with sense would pretend to such crimes as a means to avoid conflict) against at least two battle-ready enemies were not weighted towards him. Three, if the pirate was so anti-Templar as she seemed. In an attempt at maintaining diplomacy, he answered the female Keidran. "From the town a ways back." Bryan motioned behind him. "Mite strange that you've never seen me-I ought to be asking that, since I've come in through here on the regular for a while now."