A World Asunder, Mission 1 Section 2: Bunker Busters

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Transient Truth
Traveler

Re: A World Asunder, Mission 1 Section 2: Bunker Busters

#16 Post by Transient Truth »

Without hesitation, Glacial raised his rifle and sent a round down the tunnel, aiming specifically at the Doppelgranger's weak spots. His WRAITH automatically chambered a new round as he continued firing, this time aiming specifically at the one at the center of each group, but he started off with the groups further from his team, relying on his scope to hit what the others couldn't.
"Affirmative, ma'am." He said to Christina as he maintained fire support. He then switched to his team comm channel. "We need to regroup. Sensors indicate that a similar group of Grangers are heading towards Forestor and Dabny's position."
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant

Nikolai-097
Templar GrandMaster

Re: A World Asunder, Mission 1 Section 2: Bunker Busters

#17 Post by Nikolai-097 »

Simultaneously with the Commanding Officer’s statement, a series of contacts appeared on Daiki’s motion tracker. He pivoted on the spot, shifting his focus to the rear counting on the point man to keep the front secure. The view was far from excellent, given the confined nature of the tunnel and Christina’s bulky Frame in the rear position, but he had enough room to open fire. "Hostiles rear. Suppressing."
Shouldering the WRATH, he opened fire in long bursts, dragging the aim point through the Doppelganger troops. The odds of making a kill were low and he knew that. Far more important was buying enough time for the Commander to decide how to redeploy the formation or perhaps that turning tail and running was the better option. Regardless, he had been the first to react to the threat from behind. The weapon’s sound echoed tinny in the confines of the tunnel. “Onee-san.”

“Yeah, I know Nii-san. I’ll hang back here for a bit. At least for now.”
I will also punish without hesitation the weak, the incompetent, and the treasonous.— Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt

ALWAYS ANGRY! ALL THE TIME!-Angry Marines Battle Cry