Halo: The Shade of Benevolence RP IC (ACTIVE)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Drek'Thar Vadal

Halo: The Shade of Benevolence RP IC (ACTIVE)

#1 Post by Drek'Thar Vadal »

"I never told you how I got here, did I, Keidran?"

The large Sangheili paused, recollecting himself.

"It was quite the battle. I thought it to be my last. But, then, with the error of a slipspace portal, I ended up...Here."

---------------------------------

Date:2557

"Jiralhanae ship, cruiser class!"

The bridge of the off CCS-class carrier The Shade of Benevolence was alive, it's Sangheili occupants brimming with tension at the sight of the foreign vessel. The cruiser was an older model, predating the Human-Covenant war by a good deal of decades. It's shielding was weak, with most of the hoary-crimson vessel's energy being devoted to it's engines and life-support. Now, with weapon systems online, shielding was almost nonexistent. The cruiser's inhabitants were found to be in a similar state of disrepair, their gear old and salvaged. Many of them wore Covenant-issued combat harnesses, though some had adopted the Remnant's gear. They all knew a battle was coming, and clutched their plasma rifles eagerly, white-knuckled to the point of pain. Now they all awaited the command of one individual: Their Shipmaster.

"Sire!" Called a major operating upon a terminal, "Their vessel is gaining speed. They will be in firing range in minutes."

The Shipmaster sat in thought upon his lower-class gravity throne. He was larger than the average Sangheili, in both bulk and height, his imposing form standing a hear taller than all his subordinates. He was clad on a Remnant model Zealot-class harness, one which had been painted a deep, deep gold, instead of the usual crimson or maroon. His name was Drek'Thar, belonging to the state of Vadal. Like many of his kin, during the shattering of the Covenant, he dropped the "-ee" suffix upon his name. Before, and during, the war against Humanity, Drek'Thar had served as a Fleetmaster, ruling over the Fleet of Righteous Fortitude. Now, many years later, the battle-hardened zealot stood, leading what remained of his great fleet aboard this derelict fossil of a cruiser.

Drek'Thar weighed his options carefully. They had no Hugarok, or Engineers as the Humans called them, left to repair machinery. Anything destroyed was lost forever. A minor breach in the hull would be a mortal wound.

"Prepare to jump," Drek'Thar said, waving his at the plethora of Elites upon the bridge, "We will not treat these beasts with our blood."

"As you wish, sire." One of the majors replied, nodding, "Slipspace drive is active, planned for unknown vector."

Drek'Thar sighed lightly as he leaned back in his throne. He knew the younger ones would be angry. After all, they had witnessed few conflicts, since the war subsided. Perhaps some sparring later, he thought, that should help them test their skills.

Vadal was suddenly interrupted with from his thoughts, the culprit being the cry of, "New slipspace rupture detected, enemy ship!"

"Plasma discharge detected, brace for impact!"

The Shade of Benevolence shook greatly, and all Drek'Thar could recall was a monstrous force blasting unto the bridge, the taste of copper in his mouth, and the words, "The slipspace drive was hit! The portal is unstable!"

---------------------------------

That night, the skies above the Tiger tribal-lands danced with a rain of ethereal purple fire and torn crimson steel. A massive hulk, blazing with bonfires of violet conquest wreathing it's hull, seemingly glided it's way out of a dark black patch in the stars, and crashed upon a hill-side, burning the nearby jungle landscape and destroying the soil.

The Shipmaster breathed in deeply, raggedly. He felt warm wind upon his skin, the damp air filling his great lungs. He was alive.

He had survived.

He was the only surviving member of the Shade of Benevolence, and he was no longer alone in the wreckage.
"When I was brought into this world, I was crying, and everyone around me was smiling. When it is time for me to leave this world, I intend to be the one smiling, while everyone else around me is crying. I will be legendary.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

Re: Halo: The Shade of Benevolence RP IC (ACTIVE)

#2 Post by y7h65 »

Fawkes has said most of what needs to be said. I will note that in general RP etiquette, you should avoid allowing for one character markedly more 'special' than the others, a fact that is especially true in the event that said character is controlled by the GM. That character usually ends up taking up the spotlight, which defeats the collaborative story telling that most RPs try to go for. If the GM is controlling said character, then it just comes off as the RP being the story of the GM's character rather than something that everyone takes a part of. While that might not be the case, there has been a lot of those incidents before and, well, people are wary.

In any case, welcome to the forums. While we at the RP board may appear to be standoffish and rule abiding, that's only because of the culture of this board. We're quite friendly once you've immersed yourself. All you gotta do is take the plunge.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Drek'Thar Vadal

#3 Post by Drek'Thar Vadal »

Sigh. I was hesitant to post out of initial fear of error, and I see my gut feeling was not astray. I understand, and apologize for my blunders; Past expierences have been a tad bit more, "Hit the ground running.", if you will.
"When I was brought into this world, I was crying, and everyone around me was smiling. When it is time for me to leave this world, I intend to be the one smiling, while everyone else around me is crying. I will be legendary.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#4 Post by Myperson54 »

Hey, if it helps, this would interest me, and I think a few other people here have been interested in doing a Halo RP which actually gets its feet off the ground. Your writing is pretty good as well, and that's crucial for a good RP. If you take a bit of time to formally set up an OOC thread, decide on a general story, and then come back here, I'm almost sure you'll get interest.

We're always looking for new roleplayers, but we also have to enforce standards. :P That said, welcome! Why not make yourself known to the rest of the forum in the Newbie board?

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Drek'Thar Vadal

#5 Post by Drek'Thar Vadal »

Hmm, yeah, that does sound good. Thank you for both the suggestion and the compliment to my writing, both are heavily appreciated.

Yash
Administrator

#6 Post by Yash »

Saw the report, but Drek'Thar Vadal went ahead and corrected his mistake. This thread can stay put.
Forum Rules.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." - Dale Carnegie