Broken Worlds IC

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

Broken Worlds IC

#1 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Cy was not having a good day. His boss had been yelling at him about cleaning up some vomit near a ride and he needed a smoke and some fun. That one purple tent, he thought.

As he approached the new tent, he saw a fat man with a ridiculous getup sitting on a wooden stool.

"Hey, there. How's about you let me in there at a 100% employee discount?" he said, waving.

The fat man, waving back with one hand and twiddling his snake-oil-merchant-mustache with the other, shook his head.

"Sorry, buddy. Can't do that. Gotta get fed, Y'know? But how's about this? A 25% discount for a fellow worker.

Cy sighed, shilling out 75¢. He took one last drag off his cigarette before extinguishing it on the bottom of his shoes and stepping inside.

As he entered, a wave of heat came over Cy, which was nice until his necklace began to burn his skin. As he reached up to pull it off, the room took a nose dive, swerved to the left, ducked to the right and flipped around all at once. Cy became painfully aware of a burning sensation that ate all the way down to his soul. Moments later, his bucket was dumped into a field of red poppies. A brilliant city loomed in the distance, with what seemed a crystalline structure. It shone like a million gold bars, and had about the same allure, too. Cy could faintly see that the city glinted green, but then the world began to turn black. As he slumped to the ground, he remembered a similar situation happening to some little girl from Kansas. But her story had more to do with wind...

Cy was out cold by the time they lay him on the cot in the infirmary.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Broken Worlds IC

#2 Post by Stryder221 »

[Character controlling done with permission. Either that, or I fail at being smart. I sincerely hope It's not the latter.]

Finnian watched from a distance as a man, likely an employee if his conversation with the owner of the tent was anything to go by, entered said tent. The moment he did so, Finn felt a brief flash of heat in his ring finger. He raised an eyebrow, looking closely at his ring, looking for some sign he hadn't just imagined that. Alas, nothing.

Shrugging, he decided to walk right up to the tent owner.
"Hello, sir." He said smoothly, smile on his face. "I assume you're the owner of this fine attraction?"

The large man nodded. "That I am. Y'want in, I'm guessin'?" Finn shivered inwardly; the look of this man just screamed untrustworthy to him. Curiosity battled with caution... Curiosity won. Besides, it was a fairly low price.
There was one thing he had to ask, however. "And what of the other? I won't be interrupting the... Event, will I?" Damn, should've asked what this was about.

The man gave a hearty laugh. "'Course not! In fact, it's all the better with more participants!"

"I suppose I'll have to see, then." Finn replied, paying for admission. "Thank'ee kindly. Y'know, you seem an alright sort, here's hoping y'have a good time." Finn allowed his smile to widen; maybe this man wasn't so bad. "Why thank you, hope you have a good one yourself!"

In a fairly good mood, he entered the tent, feeling a sudden rise in temperature as he did so. He didn't see the carnie, but he didn't get much of a chance to look before he felt a burning sensation centered on his ring. Hissing in pain, he tried to take it off, only to find out it was stuck.

'The hell is this witchcraft?!' He thought, right before his senses started to go wild. The tent spun, he saw sounds and felt colors; And just before he felt about to pass out, felt himself landing on his rear, on some sort of flower. His vision clearing slightly, he saw a field of red poppies, and a shining city in the distance. It all seemed vaguely familiar to him.

"That's... Odd." He said, standing and brushing himself off before attempting to move on. Finnian didn't make it one step before another wave of dizziness overtook him, even fiercer than the last. I hadn't even mentioned the sudden sleepiness he was suffering from. It was all too much for him to bear, and he collapsed almost immediately.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#3 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Sergii had been patrolling around his usual route. Check the insides of buildings around the island then check the attractions. Hus mind buzzed with old songs familiar to people as time passed. He swung one baton in his right hand as he looked at a couple checking the scenery.
"Usual day." Sergii thought with a sigh as he went to check attractions. Leaving one building and putting the baton away he checked one attraction before moving on spotting the lone tent with the man outside. He walked up casually grabbing the badge in his pocket.

"Hello sir, im sergent sergii for island patrol mind if i check inside here? Its just routine" Sergii asked kindly seeing the man up and down. He had no reaction or emotion to signal anything that find hidden illegalities instead the man opened the tent up with a smile and waved one hand like a doorman. "I have nothing to hide sir see for yourself." the man said his voice seeming to radiate heat making sergiis dragon bracelet seem to move with a warm feeling. The red ruby eyes seeming to react to it as well but sergii took no heed as he grabbed his flashlight to see inside as he entered the tent only to fall.

The rush of wind and the sudden jerks through the tunnel only made his fear rise before he slowed to a mere walking speed the world turning around him before he seemed to fall upwards into a different world. His yell as he saw the ground was the only sign of him coming as he landed next to another man. The flashlight still in hand. Once he found himself unshaken and ok he looked around seeing the distant castle and the scenery quite......different.

Sergii looked around turning full 360 degrees, he was in some sort of field of flowers and grass. although many flowers were larger than others and few mushrooms twice those. A path nearby led towards the castle and away from it, where he landed was a shape of his body where how he landed but it was not untill he took his first step he noticed the ground was soft. no one was around so sergii went ahead to begin walking only to feel a sudden drowze. he looked down seeing he stepped on a mushroom then fell forward asleep and unconcious. Later he would be found within this field of sleeping spore mushrooms and taken away to the infirmary.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#4 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Cy's eyelids fluttered open and he grumbled. As the room came into focus, he saw two other people lying in cots near his; others looked freshly slept in; others had blood on them. The two men seemed to remain asleep, so Cy sat up. To his left, he saw his necklace. He grabbed it immediately, skipping it over his head and onto his neck. He suddenly became aware of a tube under his nose, most likely flowing oxygen up into his nose. He jumped a bit as the tent flap opened and a young man stepped inside, wearing doctor's fatigues.

"Hey, look who's up!" he said excitedly. "Most people caught in the poppies don't.. well, wake up."

Cy's eyes widened. Those poppies could kill? He tried to speak, but he was to groggy to do more than croak. He looked over to the other two men on the cots. Would they make it?
Certified Jojo fan

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by Stryder221 »

As if to answer Cy's question, the blonde man immediately started stirring, groaning as began to wake. However, the stirring turned to what could be called thrashing, waking up with a startled gasp, then bringing a hand to his head as he felt a dull throbbing pain, weak but noticeable.
Ugh, that was... one horrible dream... The hell did I drink...? Finnian thought as he sat up, and just now noticing where he'd woken up. And the blood. "Well... crap..." He managed to say.

He blinked a few times as he inspected his body. Where's my ring? Oh god, don't tell me I lost... Aha. Finn found the ring in his pocket. Sighing with relief, he slid it onto the finger it had previously been worn on. Immediately afterward, his attention shifted to the man dressed as a doctor.

"You...! Who, what, when, where, why, in what way, by what means?" He said.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#6 Post by Hotep the psychic »

As this flurry of noise occured Sergii sat up also rubbing his head then his eyes. "note to self...bring a mask.....Damn mushroom field" sergii said before looking around again seeing the doctor and the two others "who are you two? and whos the doc?" sergii asked crossing his arms feeling his bracelet still on as he listened to what everyone had tos say
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#7 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

"Wh.. huh? Please, explain yourself,"the doctor replied, confused.

"Who are you, when did I get here, where is here, why am I here, and in what way did I get here?" Finnian explained as he seemed to regain his proper voice. "...And does the phrase 'fat man with tent' mean anything to you?"

"My name is Leo, you were found in the fields, you're in the Emerald City, I don't know why you're here, and I don't know how you're here. And no, 'fat man in tent' means nothing to me," he replied.

"Wait," Cy said. "Did you say Emerald City?" Leo nodded, and Cy looked at Finn. "Does that mean..."
"It means we're not in Kansas, and are going on a wonderful, wonderful adventure." The blonde said sarcastically, standing up and resisting the urge to wince as he did so. "Look, doc, Leo, it was nice and all for you to let us stay here, but come on! Emerald city? Seriously? What's next, we go to see the damned wizard? For all I know, you freaking kidnapped me!"

Sure, Finnian could be polite, one of the more gentlemanly people one could meet, actually, but he was understandably skeptical, not to mention irritable for one reason or another.

As he approached the tent flap and peered out, Finnian was met with a gleaming green city. Next to him were two massive creatures, who, upon noticing him, hoisted him into the air and threw him back inside the tent. He landed on his side, and Cy couldn't help but laughing. One look from Finnian shut him right up.

"Wait.." he began after a moment. "Are.. are we prisoners, doc? Why can't we leave?"

Leo smiled. "Your rude pal was right. You're going to see the damned wizard."

"Oh golly, off to the wonderful, wonderful wizard, against my will, what a joy! Oh, i just can't wait to see him!" Finn said in mock excitement before turning serious. "I am going to have some serious words with this wizard, especially concerning on how he treats his guests! Poisonous poppies and giant stinking gorillas..." One of the creatures frowned before testing to see if the stinking part was true. "...Completely irresponsible, and just plain rude! I mean, do you even know, who I am?!" He was about to well and truly start complaining when Leo interrupted, his hands over his ears.

"Enough! Your whining's starting to hurt!"

"It's not whining, it's complaining. Do you want to hear whining?"

"Look, pal, just a fair warning, nothing's stopping me from gagging you," said Leo, glaring. Finnian just crossed his arms, looking away with a "Hmph!"
Certified Jojo fan

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#8 Post by Hotep the psychic »

"In a more polite manner of talk could you explain what is going on that we three have to be here Leo? Myself i fell n=into a mushroom field filled with sleeping spores only to wake up here. and from what that complaining man has to say there must be some trouble if we are here?" Sergii asked moving off the bed to stand up and stretch, he nearly fell down before gathering himself together and standing easily.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#9 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

"Well," Leo began. "You're from another world. One that only two people have ever come here from. The Wizard wants to catch up on some events.. and know how you got here." With this, he rubbed his chin. "But there're three of you and two gorillas.. who to restrain, who to restrain..." He looked between Cy, Finn, and Sergii, thinking. "You," he said, pointing at Finn, "already tried to leave. You," he said, pointing to Sergii, "look like a big mean bruiser. But you," he said, pointing at Cy, "all you did was laugh at Blondie. So you'll walk in front of me while my monsters here carry the other two."

"Wha--" Cy began to argue. But he stopped himself, stifling another laugh as both Finn and Sergii were lifted effortlessly into the apes' arms and carried out of the tent. Leo motioned for him to follow as he too left the tent.

Leo led them all into a dark throne room, upon which sat a very old man. His bright eyes looked up into theirs, and a warm smiled splayed across his face. "Welcome, you three. I'm glad to see someone from my world." His smiled receded a bit. "But one thing irks me. How did you three get here?" He waited for their answer. Nobody spoke except Finn, who had mumbled something possibly sarcastic. "What was that, young man?"

[[Sorry for the use of your character without permission, Stryder, but it would have been too repetetive for Cy, Leo and Oz to be the only ones to do anything. I hope you don't mind.
Certified Jojo fan

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#10 Post by Hotep the psychic »

After being set down still his arms crossed from the matter he turned and waved good bye at the ape who he found his name to be Greg and loved to read but didnt know how. He then relaxed some as he saw the old man who he assumed to be the wizard. "this is just like the wizard of oz....so he must be oz?" sergii thought before hearing the man speak. "we came from a portal on coney island. Some man was using a tent and we all appeared here. Im assuming you two experienced the fall?" Sergii said.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#11 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Oz looked at Sergii. "Coney Island? That amusement park in New York?" He looked to Cy, who nodded. "A portal in Coney Island, hmm?" Oz considered the three. "What year is it there?"

Cy was the one who answered. "1944." Oz's face went pale.
Certified Jojo fan

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by Stryder221 »

"I was just muttering to myself about how... hospitable your subjects here have been..." Finnian said, glaring at Leo in particular as he said that. The blonde then shook his head. "Look, I'm not here to start anything, sir. I just want to go home, and quite possibly kick the [censored] out of the man who sent me here, purposefully or not. I'm not particularly interested in the shenanigans I am likely to take part in. Hell, I don't even know if anything here is real!"

After taking a moment to calm himself, a moment which the other two had a moment to speak, he noticed the paleness in the wizard's face. Finn knew that could not be a good sign.

"Sir? Is there something wrong?" He asked, genuinely concerned.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#13 Post by Hotep the psychic »

"from my experience time is the problem. It's probably been many years since he's seen Coney island or new York."Sergii said keeping to himself on WW2 occurring in the Pacific.