The Everlasting Symphony: IC.

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

Re: The Everlasting Symphony: IC.

#31 Post by Stryder221 »

"Oh, so that's how it is, then? While I appreciate your efforts, they are, to some extent, unnecessary. If I get stabbed as you say I might, then obviously I'd make a poor mercenary, not to mention that I'd be incredibly foolish allowing it to happen. Now, shall we change the subject?"
Just like that, Varil seemed to regain his air of confidence, as if his previous disagreement with "Beck" never happened in the first place.

"A saxe?" He asked with genuine interest upon seeing Trevor's knife. "If you're carrying something like that around..."
His words trailed off as he fell deep into thought for a brief second.

Of course, a ranger! How could he not have recognized him!?

"Interesting..." Was all he said on the matter, however.

That was about the point when his Ale arrived, served a bit more clumsily than he'd have liked.
Still, it wasn't as if that made much difference, by the time his drink had arrived, he'd snatched it in seconds, already taking a swig. Another second later, and the ale swiftly found it's way back onto the table.

The nobleman only nodded occasionally as he listened to Avis' tale, showing that he was indeed listening. Or at least pretending to, but we'll just assume he did pay attention.
She might be the easiest to convince, though I doubt Beck over there will keep his nose out of my business for long if he catches on. That has the potential to get messy.

He felt a sudden urge to show off his own weaponry, but ignored it. It's not like anyone asked him specifically.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#32 Post by y7h65 »

"Is that so?" Maskerad responded at the end of the introductions, eyes slightly narrowed.

Remaining silent for a moment, Maskerad gazed over the group once more to take measure of the situation. So far, he had at least two of their types pinned down. Cloak, Tervor, was clearly a sellsword. While his skill and the possession of a saxe knife meant it was possible for him to be a few degrees of skill above the average mercenary in this bar, it didn't change the fact that Trevor was a mercenary or assassin at the end of the day. Nothing more and nothing less at the end of the day. While he might be a powerful force, he was at best a jack in ability. The Avean, Avis, was simple as well. Another mercenary though her terms of ability might be about par with the others in the bar. She ranked roughly as a nine in terms of possible impact.

While the two that could be pinned down were not quite interesting enough on their own, it was this Varil that Maskerad was keeping tabs on. So far she had yet to show any of her cards and this Varil had been doing so as well. While he had been quite willing to simply barge into the conversation, he also seemed more willing to back out and reserve themselves when they had shown resistance to his introduction. Suspicious but not quite enough to be odd. After all, she had just told him off moments ago. Reluctance to rejoin the conversation was to be expected. Their reaction at the saxe knife was notable though. He clearly knew what that weapon meant but his reaction could mean that he had not seen one in combat yet or had only had few exposures before.

Either ways, the initiative was back to them and Varil, fortunately, had failed to grasp the chance to redirect the conversation. Useful. As long as they could control the flow of this conversation, then the longer and more chances they could have at cracking the ex-noble's secrets. But how would he accomplish that...

'so why not try a direct approach? he can't avoid it if it's aimed without showing some light~ this will also help build the profiles of the other two as well and who knows when having a profile on a ranger could be useful-'

"Well," Maskerad said with a dull voice, their second or two of silence over. "What brings the three of you to this town? I doubt it is for pleasure. Surely you have business in this conflicted town."
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#33 Post by Hotep the psychic »

"i believe you know that answer beck. But i am more curious to what you think. Also varil thats quite a reaction to my saxe knife varil have you encountered one before? "trevor asked before sitting up to drink from his stein. His hood moved a bit forward as if hiding more of his face. After so trevor placed his saxe knife and his pistol away then looked at beck dead in the eyes. His mind reeled over placing everyones identitys with what he knew already. He was more to beck tho and anything he may know of the person.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#34 Post by Stryder221 »

"Money, of course! You surely know that conflicts like these are the very reason so many mercenaries are here! Quite frankly, I am surprised you even asked!"
Varil would've laughed right then if the situation were different.

"As for you..." He said, turning to Trevor. "I say interesting not because of the knife itself, though it is without a doubt of incredible quality, but because I have indeed seen one before. I'll just get right to the point; Would I be wrong in assuming that you are a ranger?"

As he was speaking to the ranger, Varil shot a single glance at Beck, as if expecting him to do something. He was starting to get suspicious, and maybe even a little paranoid.
We're telling him everything and he's barely said a word about himself. Hell, I'm starting to doubt he's using his real name! If these two don't catch on soon, I'll have to get a few answers myself.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#35 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Trevor nodded. "youd be correct but go ahead continue. i find this very interesting" Trevor said as his curiosity sparked on beck as he formed a small conclusion to who the person is. He leaned back in his chair arms crossed "beck huh? or would it be masquerade? i remember you now, yeees the rumors and the storys match quite well with that mask he or she is wearing.... luckily the person wont know everything about me" Trevor thought His eyes then went to varil as he glanced at beck. "now theres something else....i better be ready for trouble..." trevor continued
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

Tyendinaga
Templar Inner Circle

#36 Post by Tyendinaga »

Grabbing a chair from off to the side, Kristoph swung it around, taking a seat at the gambling table, all the while one of the traders seemed to produce some dice, and the Avean explained the game. Pretty simply in essense, though not so complicated to rig if you knew exactly what they were doing. With card, such a thing was often a bit harder.

Reaching forward he gripped at one of the dice, giving it a cursory glance and spin, balancing it between his fingers. They seemed to be overall fine enough. Tossing the die back onto the table with the rest he turned his attention back to Rikklin, who by this point was beginning to ruffle through a small chest of things, only moments later pull out a rock of Crimson Iron.

"Now it's your turn to bet something Mister!"

Tilting his head to the side, Kristoph merely let out a simple 'Hmmm', slight gears turning in his head. "Can't exactly say Jewelry is my thing." He tapped his finger on the table as if thinking. "I suppose It would make some nice firecrackers." He spoke with a slight chuckle, an overtly 'Serious' trader would probably want to slap him for even joking about wasting something valuable, let alone the fact he would be fully intent on doing so.

"Now then, what to bet..." He Mumbled a bit loudly to himself, evidently not taking things all too seriously given the amount of time he was taking. He leaned back in the chair a bit and looked to the ceiling, talking to hismelf. "Well, Explosives would probably be a bad thing to give. The Smoke bombs could cause a fire. The Beads aren't exactly worth anything....I do sort of need my left arm for the moment. Hmmmm" Now that he thought of it he sort of needed most of that stuff, even if he could replace it without much issue. He furrowed his Brow in slight dissappointment, feeling the familiar soft chafe of the goggles atop his head.

"Oh."

Bringing his head back forward, He looked to the Avean, and then brought his hand to his head, hooking a finger under the strip as he pulled them off. Holding them for the Kid to see as they dangled, spinning from side to side. The goggles themselves were perhaps...unique though not necesarily something to write home about. Joining the two goggles from was a simple strap of leather to run between the two eyes, and from the sides to the back a slightly longer strap with holes punched into it. Easy enough to resize. The goggles themselves were where things got interesting. The lenses were two pieces of real glass, a bit of a rarity, with a thin slide of smoky quartz between the two to protect from bright lights. Backing the goggles themselves was a milky white piece of rubber, harvested naturally from tree's and shaped into its current form to allow for effective long term use. The rims that held it all together though, looked like silver, but a trader would see it as not so, In fact it was brighter like platinum, yet still different.

"Would this work for you? It isn't too much." He spoke, gently laying the goggles on the table and sliding them across the way so that Rikklin would be able to touch and see them.

"I Made them from a fallen star."

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#37 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

Killasandra walked inside the Inn all dripping wet from the outside. It didn’t bother her much, but it was slightly irritating wading in wet boots. She marched up straight to the barkeeper, “Oi. You look like a real mess. But that should be usual for you.” He laughed about. Killasandra smirked back. “You’d like to step outside? I’m sure you’re dying to swim; Sol knows that you probably can seeing how it is extraordinarily wet out there.” The barkeeper simple crossed his hands. “Nooooo way, lass. I’m perfectly fine right where I am. No need to go off to some lord. Speaking of which, me thinks your accent is all propah. You’ve been hanging around those oafs way too long. Heheh.” Killasandra simply shook her head in amusement. “Oh, do you mind if I use the stage for a bit? I have to announce something.” She stated. “No, no. Do what you must.”

Killasandra, passing all the lovely people in the inn, walked towards the stage where the bards are playing. She waved her hand across her neck back and forth, signaling to cut the music. The bards stop playing as she walked onto the stage. “My fellow mercenaries; cease and desist.” She cried out to the inn. “Quiet I say, quiet! I bring news from the Kingdom of Ctunder and the Kingdom of Oakenshall.” Killasandra pulls a piece of parchment out of her pouch and unravels it. “The mercenaries that are being hired by the lords of Oakenshall will need to travel to the town of Willovale. The mercenaries that are being hired by the lords of Ctunder will need to travel to the village of Ironforge. These will be your designated recruiting stations. Remember that the lords are paying mercenary bands more than they have for individuals. That means you will be given significantly less money for being by yourself than to be a part of an actual group. The Larger the band, the more money the band accrues and the more money you will get. The rain is said to stop in a few days, so the recruiting stations will be hiring around three days full. Be there on time and prepare.
“That it all, you may now go back to drinking.”
Killasandra finished as she walk off the stage. The entire inn went back to doing what they wished as she marched to the opposite side of the inn and rested. “Hey Goff, an ale and some stew, please.” She ordered politely.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#38 Post by Myperson54 »

"Do not worry," Erik reassured the bearded man with a clawed hand outstretched. "Am safe. Just saw outsider like -" He was cut off abruptly by the appearance of a tired-looking, yet very loud woman, but when she had finished speaking to the assembled mercenaries, he shrugged and turned back to the northerner. "I was thinking, you and me... How is it said, Relate, similar."

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

triman95

#39 Post by triman95 »

Relate? Similar? Vladimir wasn't sure where this basili was going with the conversation. After all, they just met and he couldn't see in anyway how they could relate besides maybe being outsiders to foreign lands. Sitting there for a couple of minutes trying to figure out what basili was trying talk about. Hitting him in a split sec after remembering that solider girl's announcement.

"Correct me if I'am wrong friend, but are you asking me in partnership or to possibly join your band of warriors?" Suddenly grinning, thinking that he figure out what he was trying to talk about. Slowly relaxing and moving his hand from his axe. If that may be the case I can always use a little bit more coin.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#40 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Avis nodded at Varil's response to Beck's question. "It's hard to find someone not here for money. I'm guessing it's the same for you." She said to Beck. Beck was a strange one, very mysterious and Avis was a little curious on them. She figured she'd pick up a bit on Beck through time, feeling that this wasn't going to be the only time they meet. She turned toward the person making the announcement and listened. When she was done she turned back toward the table. "I wonder exactly how much more they are willing to pay bands. She did say it was a significant amount." She looked at the others. She was thinking this might be the end of her solitude, if they agree to travel with her.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#41 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Trevor listened to the announcment someone made on stage. He thought a moment before hearing beck."well that sounds good for business. So as avis is saying the payment could be grand.Beck, are you intrested in grouping together? marksmen as a team could make jobs quite simple work" trevor said towards masquerade

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#42 Post by y7h65 »

Maskerad sat there, apparently unaware of the conversation of the group as eyes glaring out at the woman who had stood up and given the announcement. For once, a clear expression and emotion was visible on their face: disdain and anger. Amethyst eyes followed the woman on her trip from the stage back to the bar and lingered on her for a moment before turning back to the group. For a moment light from the fireplace reflected off Maskerad's eyes as they turned back to face you and though it was too short to register to memory, you get the distinct feeling that you saw something... odd about the masked person's appearance. Staring at the table, they were silent for a second before looking back up at the group.

"Well Varil," Maskerad said with her voice neutral and expression flat once more, as if the earlier display of emotion never happened. "One could never quite say what would bring one man to a city such as this. Perhaps it is not merely the conflict that they seek but, rather, a preexisting arrangement. Perhaps they are here to find someone, or something, within these walls. Just because one is a mercenary, does not mean that one is limited to participating in roles and tasks that involve the conflict of this town."

Sighing wistfully, the masked thief leaned back in their chair, an unreadable light in their eyes as they appeared to gaze out at something only they could see.

"And answering your curiosity, Trevor: I am simply stopping by this town. Though a ranger such as yourself most likely is here to ply his trade, I was simply caught out in this downpour and elected to stay within an inn until this weather blows over rather than remain outside. I have a certain distaste for this type of weather and the sensations associated with it. The noise of water hitting leaves in a dark forest with only my arms at my side, the scent of fresh rain running down the broken bark of trees, that momentary illumination as lightning strikes in the distance ... Well, they remind me of things I would rather leave out of my mind."

For a second Maskerad was silent as they rested their chin on their hand, cupping the lower portion of their mask before a dry laugh could be heard from underneath their hands and mask. Sitting back straight and popping their shoulders, Maskerad spoke as he grabbed another cup of water from a passing by waiter.

"As interesting as you all seem to be, I am afraid I'll have to decline your offers to join in this conflict. I detest conflict and bloodshed so, sadly, I will not be joining this squabble." Maskerad said as they practically spat out the last word, venom filled in their voice. "Before you all decide to leave though, would you mind telling me what you all plan on doing from here on out?"
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#43 Post by Stryder221 »

Hm. Might as well...

"Now, that is very fortunate for me, and probably you as well, Ranger Trevor, since-"

Before Varil could fully explain, the voice of a woman, who he then saw had interrupted the bards, cut him off.
However, that also meant he didn't need to say anything more, and he took advantage of that fact.
"Well, there you have it..." He muttered to himself. Immediately after, he looked shocked. "What? You are not even considering m-" The nobleman caught himself, changing around his words in an instant. "-how dangerous the business is by yourselves, are you? It is war you're dealing with. I'll not have a young lady like miss Avis walk into danger with only you for assistance, no matter how skilled you rangers may be. If you are concerned with how skilled I personally may or may not be, then let me assure you, I have an interesting bag of tricks. In fact, I would be happy to demonstrate if it pleases you."

He then turned to the masked thief, a flash of some unknown emotion in his eyes. Or maybe that was just an odd trick of the light.
"Ah, yes, of course you would have other... Arrangements.. And Unfortunately, I will be taking part in this conflict. What side, I do not care, but alongside these two, preferably, as the idea of larger amounts of money sounds very appealing to me. That, and somebody has to help ensure their safety."

He shot an apologetic look towards the two archers.
"No offense intended, of course."

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#44 Post by Hotep the psychic »

"i shall say im a bit suprised of your decline to the offer, someone of your stature decling such possible amounts of money. eh beck?" Trevor said still taking curiosity to the name used being real. before waving to varil to what he said. Trevor Focused around him now taking in everything once more. Only this time he simulated strengths and weaknesses as if he wanted every bit of info he could take into account. "but i cant stop choices so ill hold you to your answer. Now vail i take no offense to what you say but to boast of one skill does become rather bland to how someone would see you. Now Avis if it suits you ill join you into grouping together, and varil if your offering to join a group or wanting us to join you, then just say so" Trevor said before standing to loosen himself after sitting for so long.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#45 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Avis listened to what the others had to say about the conflict. She had a few things to say herself. "Beck, I understand that you don't want to participate in the war, but to say you have no part in it is different. We all have our part, whether it's direct or indirect. Now Varil, it's kind of you to think of my safety, but if I wasn't able to protect myself, I would not be here. As I said before, I was abandoned in the forest." She then spoke to both Varil and Trevor. "I would gladly join you two." The avean picked up her dagger off the table and placed it back into its sheath.