Halo: Mystery on Vector RP IC

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Halo: Mystery on Vector RP IC

#1 Post by Ketzal »

Antonio stepped purposefully into the hangar deck, shaking his head occasionally to keep the cobwebs out of his mind. The trip over to Vector had been a lengthy one, and despite the daylight outside, his own internal clock told him he was awake a few hours earlier than he was used to. He braved through it, however, knowing that the mission wasn't exactly going to allow for any sleeping in. Just wish the crappy coffee at the cafeteria could give me a little more energy right now...

Besides that, however, he wanted to see this mission completed as soon as possible. He still didn't know if the UNSC had plans for him after this, but he'd be damned if he wouldn't be fighting to be sent back home the minute they took care of whatever was going on here on Vector. He had a lot of people counting on him back on Earth, and all that he could think about was what kinds of struggles they were having to deal with right this moment...

Reluctantly, he had to shake away the thoughts, and scanned the area for the squad captain. He drew the picture from his pocket once more, a portrait shot of Captain J. D. "Fawkes", one that was given to him by the debriefing officer after he landed. It didn't take long for him to spot the ODST soldier, standing next to what looked like the civilian scientist that was assigned to the squad. Antonio grimaced at that; a civilian on what could potentially be a danger zone was never a good scenario, as far as previous experiences had taught him. He didn't exactly have any say in the matter, though, so he simply marched up to the pair and greeted the captain with a salute. "Sir. Private First Class Antonio Berell, reporting for duty. I assume you're Captain Fawkes, sir?"

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#2 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Trevor walked from a seperte room where he suited up and prepared for the mission to come. He grabbed another magazine and loaded his DMR and tested the sights. he set the wepon on his back before his backpack and then grabbed his Smg and did the same. He activated power and tested his energy shield which hummed to life quickley in front of him. he moved his arm free mor like a riot shield stance before deactivating it. he then left the room to the hangar.

upon arrival Trevor sat by the door for a minute looking at the hangars many jobs going on. His Hybrid style armor showed Odst and standard spartan armor mixed together. at his side a smg sat safe while his back held his dmr. his hands had parts to a magnum and some other guns. he put that away into his back pack and traded it for a data pad. he soon found the captains photo and then found him himself with antonio and the scientist. he walked over carrying his helmet on his left side, his slim figure made him seem fit for other dutys than a spartan. "you must be Captain Fawkes. Spartan, "Texas" Trevor Hampstead reporting." Trevor said with a salute for respect than showing off.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

triman95

#3 Post by triman95 »

Leopold enter the hanger through the supply room. It couldn't be helped that he had the look of someone who had a rough night, but never less he stilled marched on. His weapon rested on his shoulder (with the clip already out of his gun), his radio backpack one his back, and his tool kit hanging his backpack.

Only stopping for a moment to look at the picture of his commanding officer. Taking a couple of seconds to find Cpt. Fawkes already with Antonio, Trevor, and the scientist Matheson. Civilians only meant one thing to him: there is going to be a lot of blood spilled and a big mess. Shoving his way through any personal that weren't doing anything of importance he marched his way over to the others. Setting his weapon down to his said and with a salute give a response that appear to common to him at this point of his work, "Master Sgt. Leopold Eisenberg reporting for duty sir." Leaving only a stare of hatred and anger to any that meets his eyes.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#4 Post by Myperson54 »

Alex sighed in resentment, letting the air hiss slowly through his lips and into his mug, where it created miniature ripples and eddies in his drink. First day, and of course he gets paired up with IVs. He could think of a hundred thousand reasons why he disliked them, and it call came down to experience. Alex had been practically tortured as a child, taken down tanks single-handedly, literally bulldozed platoons of covenant, and he'd even been through battles that occurred before some of these IVs were ten years old. Frankly, he wasn't sure those volunteers would last the first firefight, if there was one to be had. Oh, well, he thought in silence, It could be worse. Much worse.

He took another sip of his coff- Wait, what the hell is this? This isn't coffee. Shrugging it off, Alex put his helmet on, and leaving the not-coffee on the mess hall table, he began to make his way to the hangar where he'd be meeting the rest of the squad.

Upon arrival, he found he was more or less early for the party. "Good morning, captain," he said, saluting. "Spartan Alex-121, Blitzkrieg reporting. Morning, men," he nodded to the other soldiers waiting with them, taking stock of the personel already assembled. Two marines, a scientist, an ODST and... a IV in ODST armour? Huh, weird. He just shrugged it off and leaned against a crate, waiting for the others to arrive.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#5 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Reija Fronstedt entered the hangar with her rather bulky equipment locked to her MJOLNIR armor, helmeted head swiveling about as she approached what had to be the team being sent down to investigate the disappearances, more interested in the UNSC vehicles surrounding them than the people involved-until she noticed who was present. Her relaxed stride stiffened into a precise cadence, gaze locked to the small group. Arriving as Alex-121 finished his own introduction, the IV snapped into a rigid salute, positioning herself several paces away from the senior Spartan.

Her eyes slid unseen across the group, lingering on certain members. "Spartan Reija Fronstedt reporting, Captain Fawkes."
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#6 Post by y7h65 »

The sound of boots tapping on hard steel filled the air as David entered the hangar, an unsealed helmet attached to his belt. Hardened brown eyes gazed over the group, the men and women he'd have to work with for the next unknown amount of time. The though of having to work with multiple ODST, including a [GEN]2 ODST, left a sour bitter taste in his mouth; one that was not unfamiliar to him at all. It generally precluded egotism and rampant stupidity. In all likely hood, the Civilian may just be more competent than some of the men present. There were at least one Spartan Two though so that provided some amount of reassurance. Still, such emotions and thoughts were not to be shown and his expression from the outside was a mask devoid of any movement. With mechanically perfect timing and poise, he marched past the captain and snapped off a salute sharp enough to cut the air in the cold steel room.

"Sergeant David Clarke, reporting for duty; sir." His voice carried a distinct accent, not too dissimilar from a Canadian accent. What was more notable was his inflection or lack there of any. His voice simply sounded flat, the entire statement lacking any sort of emotion, pitch, tone, or any critical component that distinguished David's voice from that of a machine.

Moving past the captain, David took up position next to the pelican and continued to gaze over the group, his face failing to betray whatever he may be thinking.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#7 Post by Lief »

Trailing slightly behind the 'Armyman' was Rae, who had tried to strike up a conversation on the way to the hangar, but failed miserably as he didn't respond. She gave up after the second try, deciding it was a waste of breath. The man obviously didn't want to talk, and barely acknowledged her presence at all. If she were a psychologist or something, she'd try and deduce why that was. But she was just a soldier.

As the door to the hangar hissed open, she stopped and put her helmet on, letting the Armyman go ahead. She didn't care if they were seen arriving together, especially since she didn't know him, but the Armyman might. Stepping into the hangar herself, her visor polarized, hiding her face and her thoughts.

Walking at a brisk pace, Rae caught up with the Armyman in time to hear his introduction. When he finished, she gave her own half-assed salute and introduced herself. "Sergeant Major Rae Foley reporting." She had what could be described as a neutral accent, though her tone of voice was less-than-pleasant.

deathwatch
Council Member

#8 Post by deathwatch »

(OOC: Really sorry this took as long as it did, I was caught up in something time consuming but now that it's done with I'll be much faster in the future.)

Zorro walked out of the armory, his own weapons stowed on himself. "I've always had a soft spot for the MA5. The newest D variant gives me performance and harder hits, but I'm still miffed on the lack of irons. Sure, most covenants don't have irons either, but why whould that be our reason to not include them? I fear the day the covenant find out how to fry large groups of electronics at once. For that will be the day visorless marines start shooting where they think they will hit." Zorro concluded his small rant, waiting on his newly met ODST buddy to come out on his own time. In most cases, thanks to John's actions in the past ODST's hated spartans, but it would seem that their mutual love of ordinance and things that fire bullets had bridged that gap rather fast.

Isaak chuckled as he followed up behind, helmet in his right hand, rucksack in his left and his DMR strapped across his back. "Scheiße, didn't they ever tell you? The back panel on the top rail guard, next to the ammo counter, pop that off and there is a sight you can pull up." He laughed in his heavy German accent. But hey, when you use the thing blow people away at minus 30 meters who cares about aiming? Anyway, I prefer the the MA5C myself. Just holding it makes you feel like God’s own anti-son-of-a-[censored]-machine." Isaak flipped his helmet on has he walked, whilst his own armour didn't have such luxuries as a shield. It was still vacuum hardened with a generous fifteen minutes of air and could at least take more damage than standard marine BDU and Isaak was happy with it.
"So what'd you make of this operation?" He asked the Spartan, his humorous tone dying down.

Zorro did a quick check of his rifle, finding that it was as he had said. "Huh. Guess they changed the design why I was out. I remember the really old ones had to have the ammo counter removed to use the irons. Not a terrible choice, but I can't figure why they wouldn't just give it a proper scope and mount the counter where the flashlight is. No one uses it, and all the marines I've seen have helmet or shoulder lights." Thinking to himself about finding a way to combine the railgun and a standard assault rifle, he snapped back to attention when he was questioned on what he made of the mission. "I don't know honestly. Older covenant tech is scary [censored]. Shoulder fired Needle AA launchers, heavy machine gun variants too. Plasma ball launchers... mobile mortars... Forerunner tech is even crazier. I got to look at something they call an incinerator cannon. It's easily as potent as a spartan laser, and it fires the target into light chips when they get smashed by it." He swapped his Assault rifle for his railgun, popping the top to check it wasn't loaded. "This though? This is our responce. Field portable rail-gun. I can smash the teeth out of a storm squid's face at ranged that the Scope junkies would squee at. Smack a grunt's backpack with it and make them chain off like popcorn. I'm beyond sure I could rip the arm off of a hunter with this thing before they could fire at us." He swapped back to his proper carry weapon, and checked it for being properly empty as well before continuing on.

Sure it has the range, and the power. But how much ammo can you pack? He asked as he thumbed to his DMR. "M395 Designated Marksman Rifle, 14 rounds of
M118 FMJ-AP, 7.62x51mm. Shielded Elites go down in three, everything else in one, even did wonders cracking through ape skulls and their armour... Then we have this little thing."
He added as he patted the M7S in his leg holster. "Packs a punch up close, tears through anything organic. And speaking of Organic, remember the Flood? The Forerunner and covvies might be scary but seeing what the flood could do gave a lot of hardened men PTSD, if they survived..."

Walking into the hanger with his ODST ally beside him he approached the small group of personnel he would be working with. Taking his helmet off he saluted Fawkes and the others. "Spartan 5591 Weyland "Zorro" Zane. Reporting Sirs and Mams."
Isaak stood alongside the Spartan in front of the captain. "Second Leftenant Isaak Schäfer ready and reporting Captain." Isaak said as he came to attention and saluted his fellow officer.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#9 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Trevor looked at everyone then to the hologram. "when do we begin?"Trevor said jokingly and enthusiastically while keeping his serious stance and demeaner
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#10 Post by Myperson54 »

Really? When do we begin? Blitz mentally facepalmed at the question presented by his as-of-now teammate. As he suspected, there was no sense of professionalism about these IVs, none at all. He suspected that it must be the marine training, although he'd met extremely business-like marines in the past. Oh well. The ODST armour didn't help the guy's image as a "Spartan" either, though.

He cast aside his annoyance and stood up from his leaning position. "On a more serious note, sir, I'd like to know about our plan of attack; Where are we headed first? Transportation? Are we splitting up? And most importantly, what kinds of foreign hostiles do you expect us to encounter? Judging by our varied forces, I'd say you've planned for any outcome."

Blitz didn't want to admit it, but he was worried about the mission, and not just because of the IVs. The fact that they were such a varied team meant to him that they might not know what they were facing until they met it, and although Blitz had been through some crazy things, he'd rather not be trapped on a Forerunner planet without comms.

He let none of this concern show through his blank-faced helmet.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#11 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Reija's lips twitched momentarily as several lighthearted questions bubbled to life, which were brutally suppressed after hearing Alex-121 speak. Arms remaining stiff at her sides, she kept her eyes on the indistinct projection of the ONI officer. It wasn't particularly unusual that they had lost contact with multiple teams including the original science team without gaining significant information from them directly, but it was rather strange that they hadn't picked up any potential reasons for each team's disappearance. Even if the previous teams had been abruptly cut off, how they had disappeared would be interesting by itself.

If they were being told so little, it was either something sensitive or something lethal, neither of which boded well.

"Sir," The Spartan IV asked politely, "Where were the teams at time of last contact? Did they stagger their approach?"

On Reach, the Covenant had been able to eliminate UNSC communications without revealing their specific presence until the invasion began in earnest. The same could have happened here-but that meant whoever had done so possessed similar resources if those sent to investigate were also lost without any useful information.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#12 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Trevor looked at reija now coming to another point in his head. "im actually agreeing with reija now. Another thing would be what was the last point of contact from the planet before teams were sent? On top of that is there a log of location and time these contacts happened." trevor asked now in thought as he shifted positions his demeanor changing.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#13 Post by Ketzal »

Antonio decided to step forward, a troubling thought suddenly rattling in his head. "Has there been any prevalent alien pathogens or diseases documented here?" The last thing that he wanted was to lose a squad member to some alien version of polio because he couldn't treat it.

triman95

#14 Post by triman95 »

"So in summary sir you are sending us into the darkest part of the fog of war where a possible active forerunner relic may be the cause of the disappearance of the previous squads." Leopold added into the Q&A as he set his hand upon his face.

"I'm hoping you are at least giving us a last meal and a smoke before sending us into the unknown." Showing his lack of confidence in both command and the Spartans accompanying the mission.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#15 Post by y7h65 »

"Marine," David's voice cut through the cold air amid the din of machinery, tone unreadable, as he turned his attention to the Master Sergeant Leopold. Flat brown eyes gazed out at Leopold, expression unchanging as David spoke. "Your attitude and suggestions are neither helpful nor productive. If you truly wish to be a fatalist then your presence is not required or wanted here. This mission is for professionals and your attitude marks you out as one that is less than that."

Gazing at his datapad, David's eyes flitted from detail to detail as he apparently took in as much of the information as possible. Already, his suspicions were proving to be correct about the Marine and ODST [GEN]2. Unreliable lot that they were. Gazing through the notes and the timestamps, he had to admit that this mission was starting with significantly less intelligence than what he was used to. Still, a mission was a mission and he was here to ensure that it was either completed or that they gave it their best shot.

"Captain Fawkes, Captain Moreau, Sirs;" David started , eyes drifting over to the hologram and the ODST. "Will we be provided layouts to all the major bases and locations on the planet? It would greatly improve our ability to preform and succeed in this mission. Though I am sure that such material will be provided, experience has shown to me that such things may be withheld for confidential reasons."
Local Type Moon Fanatic.