In the name of mindless violence

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

crazydudecarlos
New Citizen

In the name of mindless violence

#1 Post by crazydudecarlos »

This might be a violent roleplay but do it to your hearts comance
move on from the past, worry about the future later, and enjoy what you have in the present as much as you can. Cause once it's gone you'll never get it back.
- Carlos Estrada

crazydudecarlos
New Citizen

Re: In the name of mindless violence

#2 Post by crazydudecarlos »

what do u mean
move on from the past, worry about the future later, and enjoy what you have in the present as much as you can. Cause once it's gone you'll never get it back.
- Carlos Estrada

deathwatch
Council Member

#3 Post by deathwatch »

crazydudecarlos wrote:what do u mean
He means that you shouldn't post rp threads without first setting it up in the ooc board. That way people will understand what you are doing. RP's generally require a setting and a story, otherwise no one will know what is going on.

crazydudecarlos
New Citizen

#4 Post by crazydudecarlos »

It's just for fun you get to decide what the setting would be and characters. just let everyone know first though its no direct setting
- Carlos Estrada

deathwatch
Council Member

#5 Post by deathwatch »

See things like that tend to dissuade people from joining. People on this forum prefer stucture and random stuff like this never works here.

In fact, it's one of the rules for the RP board that all RP's must have an OOC thread prior to starting a thread on the RP board.
Our Lord and Saviour Yash wrote: 2. A proper RP thread will consist of at least a sign-up sheet, plot, and OOC thread once the RP is started. Anything else is optional. 

crazydudecarlos
New Citizen

#6 Post by crazydudecarlos »

oh I didn't know that
- Carlos Estrada

crazydudecarlos
New Citizen

#7 Post by crazydudecarlos »

btw what is ooc
- Carlos Estrada

xamali
Grand Templar

#8 Post by xamali »

The RP Board is here for actual RPG, not just some RP for us to fool around. We have the "Forum Games" subforum for that. Please be mindful of how things work around the boards before posting.
Also, if someone politely indicates to you that what you are doing is in some way wrong, or there is a better way to do it, try to abide, instead of trying to force your way through.

EDIT:
crazydudecarlos wrote:btw what is ooc
Out of Character - A place to discuss the RP (such as the story, which is very important to have one) out of your characters.

Also, try not double-posting. Use the "edit" button.
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

crazydudecarlos
New Citizen

#9 Post by crazydudecarlos »

fine the setting is you start out in the woods and you with other people go on adventures the story will adapt to what you do
- Carlos Estrada

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#10 Post by y7h65 »

It appears you are failing to understand how the roleplay board works. The general etiquette of this board is that you have an OOC (out of character) thread in the OOC Board in which you advertise the setting, purpose, and/or story of your RP in hopes of gathering interest. Interested people then sign up and submit characters. When you think you have enough people signed up, you create an IC (in character) thread. Then you RP until the RP thread dies or finishes it's purposes. That's just how things work around here. As Xamili stated, randomly goofing around belongs under Forum Games.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

crazydudecarlos
New Citizen

#11 Post by crazydudecarlos »

I have no idea what to do and no idea what that means can you say again but simpiler
- Carlos Estrada

deathwatch
Council Member

#12 Post by deathwatch »

Threads like this don't work. No one is going to join either of the threads you posted, best chance is they will be locked by a moderator.

For an RP to work you need to have a structure, it needs to be thought out and planned. You need to get people interested and on board.

Something like this just fails because no one knows the setting (what you provided was not a setting), no one knows the world around it, no one has any idea what is going on and nothing has been established. This stuff needs to be well planned and thought out prior to starting.

crazydudecarlos
New Citizen

#13 Post by crazydudecarlos »

then can you help me make one cause I have nothing :|
- Carlos Estrada

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

crazydudecarlos wrote:then can you help me make one cause I have nothing :|
Quick tip of TK's RP Board for newbies, you might want to join an already existing and open RP that is currently running before making your own RP. Asking for help is recommended if you can't nail down what you want; but if you want help, you are going to need to provide a basis for your RP and not rely on others to build your own world. That would be lame and lazy in many cases.
By joining RPs prior to making one, you can gain experience of how our RPs usually work, reputation amongst RPers here in the RP board, and strengthen your imagination to the way you wish it to be. Another general rule of thumb here on the RP boards is grammar, remember to utilize Word Document to get a basic gist of grammar and not confuse anyone.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

crazydudecarlos
New Citizen

#15 Post by crazydudecarlos »

thanks I really appreciate it
- Carlos Estrada