Roll To Dodge: Super Edition

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Roll To Dodge: Super Edition

#1 Post by Lief »

"...and with this, those CLEAN fools will be brought to their own knees by their own foolishness!" Edith cackled, her assistant dutifully creating small claps of thunder to accentuate her speech. Her deliciously evil black leather bodysuit shimmered in the dull, evil lighting of their headquarters.
A massive audience of villains, most dressed far less fabulously than Edith, clapped appreciatively. Except one, who raised a gloved hand, lined with alternating bands of black and yellow to match his outfit.
"Sorry to 'bee' a bother, but you didn't actually have a plan." Doctor Beesting apologized. "That speech was literally just that sentence you just said, and we've kind of been standing here for hours in silence waiting for you to do something."
"SILENCE! Now, go, my fellow villains and vinaigrettes!"
Madam Maudlin cleared her throat to interrupt. “Don’t you mean ‘villainesses’?” Several dozen muted agreements echoed throughout the hall.
“ENOUGH!” With a vaguely imperious gesture, both Doctor Beesting and Madam Maudlin were transfigured into plastic figurines. “Now, GO!”
The villains of VILE began filing out of the convention hall, blending seamlessly into the local comic convention with their excellent costumes.

And then there's you, and a bunch of other people you don't really recognize, standing outside Ned's house. Wasn't today CLEAN's first official meeting? Seems odd that Ned wouldn't be home for such a thing. And it would definitely seem as though he isn't, judging by the frantic knocking of one of the more... Odd members of CLEAN. Actually, come to think of it, none of you have discovered your super powers yet, even though you're all pretty sure you have them. Well, everyone except Ted. Ted just got really ill. Maybe Ned found out what his was, and it was so awesome he just had to play with it. So... What are you supposed to do now? Wait for Ned to get home? Go out looking for him? Or maybe just go home and relax...

Myperson54
The Imagineer

Re: Roll To Dodge: Super Edition

#2 Post by Myperson54 »

I try to put on the best thinking face I can, and determine where Ned is.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#3 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

I clear my throat for attention, looking about at our group. Is...is EvilCoffee constipated?

"Say, shouldn't we at least be trying to figure out our superpowers? Maybe sitting in an empty field, meditating or whatever it is they did in Heroes? Speaking of Heroes, if any of you guys has the power to steal other powers, you can go roll in a ditch."

(Conversational check, attempt to start meaningful conversation about finding our powers, preferably with my suggestion)
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by Stryder221 »

[Because I want to put an appearance here:http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... o_chan.png]

I, being the charismatic and eloquent rogue that I am, say with the utmost Eloquence what everyone's probably thinking...
"Is it me, or is that coffee bloke trying to think? Or... Does he just need to take a [censored]?"
Yes, very eloquent. Nothing wrong at all.

Seeing the opportunity to get myself a laugh, I say jokingly.
"Steal powers? Won't know until I try, will I? Now, hold still..."
In an effort to piss the amoeba guy off, I start trying to poke him.

Wouldn't that be how power-stealing works? Skin contact? Well, that assumes I have that lucky power.

Whatever it is, it better not be something stupid... Like wood, for example. Watch out, bad guys, Stryder's going to give you splinters! Oh, the horror! I think I'd jump off a bridge if that was the case...
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#5 Post by y7h65 »

(Well, if we're going to have pics... 5'9", by the ways.)

Sighing, I take off my glasses before reaching into my purse and taking out a glass cleaning cloth. Looking around, I can't quite help but feel just slightly put-off by the people around me. There was one person, standing by the door and trying to knock their way through, one guy who seemed to just be sitting there thinking, another guy was referring to Heroes, the asswipe with blue hair seemed to think he was God's Gift To Humor (which, really, he wasn't), and the last guy was up there with the first in terms of redundancy and stupidity.

Putting back the cloth, I raise my glasses to the sun and smile slightly as the light failed to reveal any dust. Putting them back on, I decide to do the thing that apparently nobody else here thought of: call Ned.

Reaching back into my bag, I grab my phone and begin trying to find Ned's number. As I do that, I speak up.

"I don't know about you people but I'm calling this 'Ned' person. I don't know about you people but I don't believe in any of this 'superpower' crap. What I want to know is how he got my number and contact info."

(Action to Find and Call Ned, Grab Phone.)
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#6 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Arriving just a little late, I turn the corner and run towards the house. There's already quite a few people there, waiting in front of the door. Am I on time? Or have they not been let in yet?

My arrival is greeted with great but fleeting attention. It seems they are waiting for Ned to arrive, and thought I might have been him. Oh well. I walk up to the group and try to figure out if I missed anything.

isstmich
Grand Templar

#7 Post by isstmich »

Issy leans his back on the wall and looks at the people around him. he was thinking about something to say but was undecided on how to start. it was times like this he hated.... that first time you meet a new person and want to say something but don't know how to start because you think a simple introduction sucks. he put one hand in his pocket and casually picked his nose with the other.

(roll to think of a conversation and to pick my nose)

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#8 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

I nod in agreement with the latest naysayers
"I know what you mean, man. Recently a spider bit me but I don't think it was radioactive or anything. Just, like, regular poisonous. I even had to sleep it off for a few days. Point is, no powers."
I reach up and push my aviator shades closer to my face in what is possibly one of the sickest most suave actions one can perform while the sun is up. They were just low enough on my nose for the super-sweet action to be justifiable. Aw yes, coolness levels will certainly be raised. I'll probably be reaching my cool quota early today. Nice.
"Anyway, if this guy doesn't come soon i'm bailin' y'know? I'm a busy guy."
National Treasure 2, inarguably the best movie ever made, certainly isn't going to re-watch itself.

[Roll to see how much coolness levels are boosted by. Yes this is important.]
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#9 Post by LuckyMudman »

I look around, trying to spot this Ned person or whoever who seems to know something...

"I haven't even had my morning coffee..."

(Roll to find someone important)
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#10 Post by Lief »

Evilcoffee: [3] You try to put on your best thinking face, but it just ends up looking like you need to use the restroom.
[4] While everyone awkwardly tries to avoid looking at you, Mr. Constipation, you recall something on the news this morning about kittens being stuck in trees all over town. That seems like something Ned would be doing. Getting them down, that is. Not putting them up there.

Amoeba: [5] You clear your throat and start speaking, the sentences flowing out of your mouth like sweet nectar. Too bad Stryder was the only one paying attention. He just kinda ignores you, aside from snarking about the Heroes thing. Maybe you should do something a bit more attention-grabbing, it seems everyone else was distracted by something, maybe the person who was running up to the house a second ago?

Stryder: [3] Mustering up all your pent-up eloquence, you attempt to say what everyone else is likely thinking. As you open your mouth, however, you suddenly forget what you were about to say. It takes you a moment, but you remember and mention it off-handedly. The eloquence was lost, however, and you end up sounding not too dissimilar from some strange combination of British and backwater hick.
Roll to Dodge (Amoeba's influence) [5] Amoeba, who is standing next to you, clears his throat and begins talking. You turn to look at him, curious as to what he has to say. Then a bumble bee flies past your vision and your eyes follow it. The only thing you caught of Amoeba's suggestion was something about Heroes and stealing powers.
[2] Following that, you decide to test this theory for kicks. You reach out to poke Amoeba, only to miss. Repeatedly. It takes a moment for you to realize that you're standing too far away to poke him.

Fawkes: [4] You look through Ned's window. You don't see Ned, but you notice he apparently enjoys 80's decorations. Ned's house resembles a disco joint, now that you think about it. But this is the right address.

Ninja_Becks: [3] Reaching into your purse, you begin rummaging around for your phone. You're sure you put it in here before you left the house, but you can't seem to find it. After rummaging around for a minute or two, you remember that you used it to call a taxi and stuck it into your breast pocket afterwords. Why you did that, you don't know, but that's where it was.
[5] Now that you've got your phone, you go through your recent calls and see that Ned's is at the top. How nice! Hitting a button, your phone begins dialing it and calls Ned. It rings. And rings. And rings. Finally, the phone gets picked up. "Hello, this is Ned," There's a long pause and you're about to speak when it starts again. "s answering machine, please leave a message after the beep." Beep.

EvilNinja: [1] You turn the corner, running full-tilt to Ned's house. Unfortunately for you, someone in the adjacent building picked this exact moment to throw [censored] out their window. You pick out at least a dozen glass bottles before they hit the ground, along with the broken glass from the window. But it's too late to stop, you think, so you push yourself to run faster, to try and jump over the broken glass.
Roll to Dodge (The glass) [1] This should be easy, you think, you were the best at long-jumping out of your entire school when you were little. Picking the perfect moment, you jump, and begin to sail over the glass. And then you find yourself falling. Over the glass. In the moments before you land on top of it, you remember that your school was for disabled children, that would explain why you were the best at long-jumping. Turns out, compared to normal people, you're actually pretty terrible. You're not quite sure why you were in that school, being a perfectly healthy child and all. As you land on the glass, you let out a screech of pain and all your thoughts fade to white.
[Impossible] As you are currently lying face-down in an unimaginable amount of pain, you can't exactly make it over to the group to see what's up.

Issy: [5] You think of several different amazing conversation topics, and ways to start the conversation, but you don't get a chance to voice them.
[2] As you reach up to pick your nose, your finger misses and goes straight for your eye.
Roll to dodge (Eyepoke) [3] Oh [censored], you think, you don't want to poke your eye out! You'd get an awesome eyepatch out of it, sure, but that'd be one hell of a crappy story. "How'd you lose your eye?" "I poked it out when I was trying to pick my nose." You don't want that. All this thinking has used up your reaction time, if only you had thought to just stop moving your finger... You blink, and your finger hits your eyelid. It hurts, but you didn't poke your eye out!

Gabe: [2] You try to call Lester but your phone seems to be missing. You seem to remember leaving it on your kitchen table this morning. Damnit.

Bob: [5] You push your aviator shades closer to your face, in such an awesome manner that words alone cannot describe it. But maybe Morgan Freeman can, you think, and he begins narrating it in your mind. Heck, you think you even saw the sun nod at you. Maybe not, though, and maybe you shouldn't be staring at it. Unfortunately for you no one was paying any attention to your amazing shades stunt. Regardless, you're pretty sure your coolness levels went up five times today.

Lucky: [3] You look around the group, trying to find someone important. You spot one person who looked incredibly constipated, someone else who is trying to poke someone out of their reach (As well as the target of their attempts.), someone looking through Ned's window, a woman trying to call... Someone. Ned, maybe. And... HOLY [censored] DID THAT GUY JUST LAND ON GLASS?

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#11 Post by Myperson54 »

"WOAH OKAY!" I yell, ans run over, forgetting to mention the cats, and try to staunch some of EvilNinja's bleeding. "Us Evils have to stick together, you know."

> Roll to stop (EvilNinja) from bleeding

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by Stryder221 »

Sadly, my attempts at poking the poor sap were in vain. This was a sad day, I only made myself look like a fool.
Must plot revenge. Yes, revenge for something that wasn't his fault at all. [Roll to: Plot Revenge.]

Did I hear something? Sounded a bit like someone landing face-first into glass, maybe I should- Ooh, a bumblebee.
What was I thinking of? Nevermind. The point is, I'm tired of waiting. I figure it's time to make an entrance.

My eyes scan the ground, looking for any solid object usable for throwing, and perfectly capable of shattering windows.
[Roll to: Search Ground]
Nevermind that coffee guy running off, this was far more important. I mean, really, how bad could it be?
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

isstmich
Grand Templar

#13 Post by isstmich »

"Ow" i say, as i rub the back of my hand on my eye. i take a step forward because im pretty sure i just heard what sounded like glass breaking, and someone tryign to help another person. i place my hands on the railing and look look over to see whats going on.

(Roll Listen check and Leaning over the railing check.)

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#14 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Right. Well, that didn't work. At all. I would go help that poor fellow who just fell onto some glass, but super powers await. ...Hm. You know, come to think of it, I might have made a better super villain. So, I don't know my superpower(s), and apparently Ned isn't here. I've got some time to burn, and those other guys seem to have the whole critical wounds thing under control. Let's start with...my mind. I glare at a light post, willing my mind to do /something/ with it that doesn't involve fanciful imagination and involves manifesting my will upon reality.

-Roll to Activate Potential Mind Powers on Lamppost.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#15 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Well bottoms, I guess no-one saw how fantastic I just looked. Well it's fine, things are cooler when nobody knows about them. Some vague force that may or may not be Morgan Freeman's beautiful voice leads me to understand that the cool maneuver plus the fact that it was "underground" gives me five of "the cool". Now I guess I should give some attention to a person that's not me, like the therapists and mommy said I should. What's going on over there anyway? Why is everyone oh my god that guy just bellyflopped onto broken glass like an antsy Mankind (undeniably the best wrastler of all time) trying to impress a very attractive actress or model the only way he knows how, would. This is a time for compassion masked as aloof apathy. I should really ask if he's alright, but in those ways I already said. Yes here I go.

I walk over to the injured man with my hands in my pockets, to let the skrillas up in this hizzie know that I care, but like, i'm not breakin' my cool 'bout it. Anyway, time to deliver one of my coolest lines ever. Which happens pretty much every time I talk anyway but it's fun to pretend that there's actually a chance that I could say something lame. Haha, it's fun to pretend.

(Roll to deliver cool line while at the same time asking if Evil's alright or even just conscious. I am having way too much fun here, goddamn xD)
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage