Brushed Chrome (Neon Shadows) - IC

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

anonfox123
Grand Templar

Re: Brushed Chrome (Neon Shadows) - IC

#31 Post by anonfox123 »

Sunny and Fenrir looked through their sensors, keeping track of their ally. They weren't sure what yet, but it was apparent that she had spotted someone.

A few more minutes of pursuit, and the target became apparent: a tiger anthro, carrying a briefcase. Maybe an acquaintance? But judging from Kat's expression of barely controlled fury, that probably wasn't the case. Not unless this man was an ex-boyfriend. Or maybe a bomber.

Stationing themselves on a nearby rooftop, Solar Wolf readied their HMG, in case Kat needed assistance in the form of bullets through the flimsy walls.
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#32 Post by LuckyMudman »

Matthew walked slowly back to his apartment, only just now feeling the full effect of the drinks he had. It wasn't pretty, but at least he wasn't seeing or hearing things. Well, he could hear light buzzing in his head, but that was mostly dissmissable and the walking actually helped him stay somewhat sober enough to go straight. A few streets later, along with bumping into a few dozen people on the way and he reached his destination, an apartment complex where he currently resided. Off the books that is, legally (meaning if you checked him up on CONTAC) his place of residence was several blocks away, in a homeless shelter apartments since he didn't even have a properly logged job. He yawned and went inside the lobby, casting a glance towards a man sleeping on the counter, seeing that there weren't any packages waiting for him.

He climbed up a set of stairs and, as he fumbled a bit with the keys, Matthew caught a glimpse of a familiar set of scales. "Katlyn? Well, this is... umm... a surprise..." Kat wanted to just blurt out and yell at him, but she knew better. He looked a bit tipsy, so a nice talk would be much favorable. "Can I come in? I have some things we need to talk about." She moved her hands away from her weapons,(as well as she could, carrying a sniper rifle) indicating she wasn't going to attack him.

"Sure, why not?" Matthew shrugged and unlocked the door, punching the four digit code into the alarm system to disable the security. He kicked aside an empty metal tube as he went in, motioning Kat to follow. "Please excuse the mess. So, what's this about? I usually get a call if it's Gen-Sec related." Kat came in and sighed, not wanting to talk about it. "We need to talk about who you work for. I got a notice today, I want to believe it isn't true." She looked around, trying to find a place to sit on his couch, moving some scrap metal carefully out of her way. She then proceeded to slowly sit down, doing her best to not mess up his furniture. In the meantime, Matthew placed the briefcase on the table next to a clump of wiring and leaned on the wall, rubbing his temple and mumbling. "I may have drunk too much." He sighed and spoke up. "I worked for a lot of people, you'll have to be more specific." She sighed, her own personal awkward level skyrocketing. "Well, for one, I hear that you got a job with THT, and for two, I heard that you bombed a coffee shop." She now laid back on the couch, the situation giving her a very slight headache. "Are either true?"

"Ah yes, the THT thing." Matthew fell silent for a moment, thinking about it. "I haven't really got a job with THT, they... had me on the rope ever since I got out of jail." He rapped his fingers on the wall nervously. "You know I'm ex-mil, and it's THT who provides, or used to, most of military bionics. With my loss of rank and dishonorable discharge I... lost, the privileges I had and ended up endebted to them. It was either work for them, or lose everything I have." He looked out the window, not wanting to make eye contact with Kat. "And they are serious, threatened to slam me back on the operating table and take out what they put in me..." Kat interrupted and sighed, standing up. "I see. I'm going to go home. I just... I need to do something. I'll talk to you later Matt." She walked to the door, opening, pausing for a moment, and smiling at him before leaving. A good bit confused, Matt caught up to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Kat, are you ok?" She sighed, holding Matt's hand, but not directly looking at him. "I have... a really dumb idea. If you would want to hear it. We should back into your apartment though." She turned around, hugged him around the waist for a moment and then looked into his eyes. "It involves flammable liquids, calcium, and maybe trace amounts of Michael Baynium." Matt grinned and patted her head. "Kaaat, what's going on?"
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#33 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Jeez that's alota people, Partner? I don't have partners. Just lonely old me and my .357...

"You want to get lippy huh? Well, we'll see how lippy you are after I put a few rounds in your gut."

The lead officer shouldered his rifle only for another to walk up to him and force the weapon down. Outside of Anthony's line of sight, the sound of movement could be heard as they held a private conversation, the movements the only indication. After several tense seconds, one of the armored officers walked up in front of Anthony, crouching to about eye level.

"Now, mate, we got ourselves a little situation here. An explosive device just killed one o' our own, yeah? Now, the thing is, most of us here suspect that it's a partner o' yours. I'm willin' to give ya a shot, yeah? Now can ya look me in, er, well, facemask and tell me it ain't a partner o' yours? Otherwise, ya might be gettin' out o' here in a bag."

Turning he looked at the center of the mask,

I already told you sir, I work alone, and if I did have a partner then he wouldn't hit the building with enough explosives to rock it as I imagine that was that tremor.

As he said this he shifted one of his feet to a less kneeling-upon-my-own-tail position.

The helmeted man? Gazed at Anthony for a moment before nodding slightly to themselves. Standing up, the man motioned for the other members to do something. Several other hand motions ensured and after what appeared to be a small argument, the helmeted officer turned their attention back to Anthony as a few officers gathered Anthony's belongings. Reaching into one of the pouches on their waist, the officer produced a smooth silver choker and passed it to Anthony in a soft underhand toss.

The choker was jointed, apparently seeming to click together. It was thin, about a half centimeter wide and a few milimeters thin. The only mark on it was a small hexagonal indent on the outward facing side of the bracelet.

"Well, ya got a choice here mate. We can either take ya in, have ya spend lord knows how many days, weeks, or months in a holdin' cell before a trial gets put together an' ya get sentenced to a couple years in jail. Or ya can put on that there choker and help us out. It's a tracker and biometeric recorder meant for keeping track of VIPs and guys under house arrest, keyed into our security network. Once ya get it on, it ain't gonna come off without a custom made key. Cuttin' off yer own head works as well, but that ain't smart. What we need ya to do is simple. Find who the [censored] had balls to kill one of our own. Then, ya take 'em out and bring 'em to us. If you help us, we'll see to it that this here little incident gets erased and that ya get paid accordingly, twice of what ya might have gotten for shootin' this," At this, the officer motioned at the executive behind them. "Guy to hell an' back. Do a good clean job an' we might even see to it ya get a job. So, what do ya say, mate?"

Sighing with no other available option Anthony noded his head, I don't like it, but I venture to say its a far better alternative than jail... Ok I'll find him. sighing he put the collar on his neck and tucked it under his fur, it fit remarkably well for a standard thing to have put in a pocket on the officer, but oh well.

Nodding, the officer motioned at the officer carrying all of Anthony's equipment with his left. the officer walked up and slid all the gear towards Anthony.

"Alright then, good hunting mate. Word of advice: ya probably don't want to put on any o' that until you're outside. Someone might shoot ya."

Slowly standing, Anthony took his stuff from the men and walked out, nodding on his way out and down the stairs. Once outside he put his hat on followed by his suit jacket, sliding his .357 into his holster on his belt. Opening the black mambas door he sat down and brought up the email he was sent. Lets see, CONTAC, I need some help here.

The email zipped through the air at just under 300 millions meters per second until it reached a comms tower, where it was downloaded into the CONTAC mainframe. After a few careful seconds of processing, a voice spoke:
"Access denied. Reason - IP tracking requires at least P2 Police Force access."

Frowning Anthony asked, CONTAC, I ask you again under the purpose of security to the Taeshi Robotics HQ, where did this email come from.

Looking back through the security records inside the building, Alex determined he was to be trusted.
"Scanning... Target message originated from, after 17 IP jumps, a 10km-diameter area near North and Ulysses Ave.'s."

Hm, close to home, alright I'll check out the coffee shop near there, get a donut. But perhaps later. I need to look into this a bit more. Starting the car he rolled out of the lot and stepped on the accelerator, flying like lightning back home.

(OOC: Timeskip ready)
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#34 Post by y7h65 »

Nodding slightly to herself as she made a note on Aisling's current disposition. It seemed that she had a slight distaste towards the use of CONTAC to scout out identities. Well, tough for her. The world wasn't exactly what it used to be. Regardless, Sabreur reached out and grasped Ms Aisling's hand, shaking it firmly.

"You may refer to me as Jeanne."

"Nice to meet you, Jeanne." Aisling responded, a hint of skepticism in her voice.

Considering the woman knew who Ash was, and what she did for a living, it's entirely possible that 'Jeanne' was a fake name. But Ash wasn't working. She didn't need to get to the bottom of this. If the woman didn't want to tell her her real name, it wasn't a big deal.

"What brings you here, Jeanne?"

Sabreur shrugged, the whirring noise of cybernetics audible for a moment. The girl seemed to suspect that the name was a fake. It may as well be, for her at least. Still, she had to see how long she could keep up this masquerade.

"Certainly, you have heard of the war that is brewing in this city? I am simply an observer, here to ensure that some of the goals and rules are established and followed properly."

Aisling nodded, glancing to her left as the waitress approached with her drink. Taking her drink, she said a generic 'thanks' and turned her attention back to the armored woman.

"I've actually done a few articles about the war. Though you probably wouldn't care, anyways," Ash shrugged. "Must be an interesting job, but what I meant was what brings you to this bar?"

Sabreur cocked an eyebrow, motioning at the small mountain of glasses before her.

"I had a desire to procure a drink or two."

"A drink or two, hm?" Ash chuckled, leaning back in her seat. "Is that all?"

"Yes, it was." Sabreur said as she stood up, dropping several fifties onto the table "Unfortunately, I must depart for the night. I require my sleep and I am feeling rather drowsy after the events of today and the alcohol. Goodbye."

Bowing at Aisling, Sabreur picked up her helmet and sealed it before heading out the door.

"Ciao." Aisling waved with her free hand before glancing at the money the woman left on the table. There was easily enough there to pay for her drink, as well.

"Huh. How 'bout that?"

(Lief and I are now ready)
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#35 Post by Ketzal »

Jeffrey read off the incoming personnel info as it loaded up on his screen. Mary Essen, Age 44. Human female, citizen of Cantia, Sector 32. Occupation was Transhuman Technologies Representative of said sector. Cause of death unconfirmed. He glanced at the head again. At this point, it looks more and more like some sort of small explosion at the side of her head. Could have been a gunshot." He reached out with a gloved hand and grabbed a piece of plastic sticking out of the edge of the wound, careful not to disturb the body otherwise. "Presence of plastic shrapnel on the body suggest otherwise, though."

After a minute of thought, he decided to close the voice recording. He left the room to look for the coroner: maybe something that was on her person might help with the case.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#36 Post by y7h65 »

That Night

Sigmund sat in his hidden garage under his house. His outfit was charred and had many holes in it. He moved and instantly felt pain from the bullet wounds in his stomach, shoulder, and the cut on his right side. A small drone deactivated next to him whirred to life and injected him with painkillers and dispensed bandaging. feeling a little better he took the bandages and wrapped himelf up before hanging his outfit. he tapped a button on his keypad which brought a hologram of the taeshi headquarters building. "computer activate security protocol Thievius quartermaster. Begin reecording.......Day 1 of taeshi heist planning. After sustaining multiple wounds ive found that taeshi's security is going to be a pain and that there abilities show remarkable training and experience. Although the information i recovered brought many things to fruition i also know that they may heighten secuity as well. Although most of these injurys were from one persistent person who almost had me at the garage, i was still wounded by the squad outside and the person themselves. luckily the outfit i wore absorbed the blood, im unaware if any fell to the asphalt or if they will be able to track me. But i do know that now i need a new design on the outfit and ill need a new camo suit. My equipment will need to be heightened for this heist and i will need more information. next recording will tell of possible uses.....end recording" Sigmund explained walking painfully to his outfit and the scan. a beep signaled that the computer finished recording. He closed many doors before placing a new shirt on and placing new bandages on. Sigmund took the elevator to his house and entered from the library. He walked to a study where the original equipment from his job sat on stands and shelves. around him small cameras were on and small drones clattered about. He looked at the ceiling where a small turret was placed. He then moved to the living room and began reading his family's thieving books again.[/quote]

As Sigmund sat down and opened up the book, the sound of a small burst of static filled the house. As it hit Sigmund, a wave of nasuea filled him as his electronic implants flickered on and off. This was followed by all the power in the house failing, every piece of unhardened electronic in the house shutting off. Lights turned off and drones powered down before the house was plunged into darkness.

For a second, silence filled the home before someone walked out of the shadows and into the living room, entering from a hallway closest to the entrance. The figure was cloaked though a pair of dark blue orbs glowing from underneath the cowl. The little illumination these orbs provided revealed what appeared to be some sort of gas mask over the figure's face. The figure was at least six feet tall and the way the cloak sat on the body made the figure appear to be masculine. Walking into Sigmund's field of view, the figure in front of them had both of their hands up in the air, the two limbs sheathed in thick heavy combat gloves.

A small gap in the front of the cloak and a rough outline could be visible of what laid underneath, apparently some sort of military fatigue. It was difficult to discern any features or marking in the dark. The figure in front of him spoke, the voice heavily modulated.

"Peace, Mister Oriano. We mean no harm." The figure's voice was indiscriminate, lacking accent, lilt, or even tone beyond a flat electronic buzz. "Your electronics are merely disabled for the next hour, the result of a harmless district power surge overloading the breakers in the area and forcing the safeties in this district to shut down all connected electronics. We are assured that the crews will have it repaired within the hour. Of course, a small military pulse device was also used on your house to ensure that it is rendered undoubtedly shut down."

The figure paused for a moment to chuckle quietly. The effect combined with the modulation was mildly unsettling and creepy, like a doll who had only learned how to express emotion but had yet to understand the depth of the subject. The chuckling died down after a second and the figure continued to speak.

"In any event Mister Orianao, we only desire to speak. It is best you listen. After all, it is an intelligent decision to listen to what we have to say."

Sigmund slowly stood and tapped his foot on the floor twice. Sokn a beep echoed through the house and a computer voice was heard. "Pulse resonance detected backup power at 10% capacity drones offline, security offline" sigmund sighed knowing that his position was bad. "alright ill listen. Im not in much condition to do anything. And with that surge the backup system will take a while to gather enough power. What is it youd like to talk about"Sigmund said finding his cane next to him in the dark. Once his hand touched it he felt calmer. "Ill be slow but i can move my right arm quite well, and the cane will be able to use live rounds if it gets bad later" sigmund thought.

The figure chuckled again before lowering their hands, the cloak draping over their body and hiding any movement that the figure might be doing from Sigmund's view.

"Excellent," The figure said, the electronic modulation making the voice seem oddly hard. "Allow us to preface our discussion by addressing the fact that our benefactor had noticed your skill and had, in fact, originally dispatched us to acquire your services. Our benefactor has been watching you for some time now and had deemed that tonight would be a good time to approach you."

Pausing for a second, the figure glancing around at the home and letting the glowing dark blue orbs rest on Sigmund's figure for a second longer than what may have been comfortable.

"Of course," Continuing to speak, a hint of emotion could be detected in the voice. The figure seemed almost annoyed, a slight intonation in how they said those two words. "Your performance today had proven you to be ... volatile, to say the least. Our benefactor has deemed that you are no longer the resource they are seeking. In fact, you may be more of a liability than previously estimated."

The figure stopped and turned to glance at the wall behind them for a moment before turning their attention back to Sigmund, the turquoise orbs almost blinding in their intensity. When the figure spoke again, there was something noticeably... off, about the voice. What though, it was hard to pin.

"Therefore, it is imperative that you learn this. Your actions today have not angered me but they have frustrated my plans. I would recommend that you turn your thieving eyes away from Taeshi Industries. If you hurt that which is mine again, I will not be so pleasant in our future interaction."

The figure twitched for a moment before they shook their head, dark blue orbs glowing in the darkness.

"Are we clear on these terms? Our benefactor wishes to emphasize that the next time we meet will involve your demise." The figure's voice was unwavering and unchanging, stating the death as if it was a fact.

"well then that would ruin me. I have ajob to do at taeshi. i wont be giving up the infor either, as a thief one needs a living, as for services and the incident i am always one to bargain and make a deal. Now the incident however was not without price and what is needed. the explosion was not as i expected to happen, i intentionally aimed for an empty room on the 15th floor to see what squads would do. But if you want me to stay away it would be by choice." Sigmund said standing using his cane to help him up. "Another thing is, how did you find me? not many find me. Also id like to know these services you spoke of, and maybe i can help yu to a greeater extent, if i need to ill show much more of my home" sigmund said as the lights sloly faded on. "power rstoration at 50% and rising, drones offlne, security offline. scas detect multiple personel on the property" the computer said "I am experienced in the thieving field you may have w that in the escape i made, But right now i focus on two things, in return ill show what you wantto know, those things are the services you spoke of, i always like a job, and second is how you found me." Sigmund said seeing the lights fade brighter and brighter.

"You fail to understand your position, Mister Oriano," The figure's voice was cold, the steel in their voice present through the electronic modulation. "There is no choice here. There is nothing that you can offer us that can improve our views of you. Not even the gadgets you make use are unique. They are but mere toys to us. Allow us to reiterate. You have two choices. Either you drop this job or we will return with ammunition that has your name carved into it."

The figure turned around and began to walk towards a wall to the left of Janus, eyes turned to face him at all time. Pausing in front of the windowed wall in the room, the figure planted both feet in the ground and continued to speak.

"You have not even begun to understand the forces that are at play here. For instance, you are unaware such as the fact that we are aware that your sensors have come online and that your power has been restored to fifty percent capacity. You do not understand our ability and our reach and as such, allow us to demonstrate an inkling of our capacity. First, allow us to state the fact that your sensors have already been jammed and baffled. There were never more than one of us on your premises. Next... will be better experienced than explained."

From the figure's person a pulse of energy radiated out. Once again a wave of nausea swept over Sigmund as the electronics in his house failed again from yet another dose of military grade electronic pulse equipment. Before the nausea had subsided, the window next to the figure gave way as a hover truck smashed through the entrance, sending glass and debris flying throughout the room. A quick glance confirmed that there was no driver. Climbing onto the side, the figure grabbed a hold onto the side as it backed out the newly placed hole in the window.

"Do not make us come for a second trip. Either you drop your job at Taeshi or we will kill you."

With that, the truck backed out and flew off into the night with the figure hanging off the side. The pulse was much stronger this time and would likely draw some sort of attention from someone local.

Sigmund looked from thw window and quickley smiled. "everyone has doubts on me"sigmund said walking to a panel and pulling a lever instantly restoring power. "everything works but when this house gets fried back up systems bring protocol 227 about as well. computer status on main power failure, remodify to compensate for pulse blast. Drones repair the hole and see if you can decode the mans voice, i dont own military tech like his for nothing. And i hate it when people doubt my abilities." sigmund said walking over to a computer. He typed a code into it and hit enter and soon taeshis rival was on the screen. "i got what you wanted, and ill admit....you were right. Ill stop by later with the data." Sigmund said as the figure smiled and nodded approval "good good, ill tell the guards and well be square as long as no trouble comes to hand." Sigmund nodded before closing the computer checcking his wound and moving into his garage. He looked at a pad and noticed that his drone plant on the truck failed already. And with that he went downstairs slowly again to get a nanomite injection then get going to tranhuman techs main building.

MEANWHILE
Alisa looked up from her perch on the edge of a roof, waking for a moment from her sleep as her suit alerted her to an inbound message. According to the sender info, it was from Jacob. Provided was a simple list of information. Nothing more than a name, address, and several rather incriminating photos from the first responder that initially met Sigmund and a few security cameras from the estimated rooftop that the shot had come from. It showed a man on the roof, aiming a bow and letting loose an arrow before disappearing from view.

Sigmund Janus Oriano huh.... She thought to herself, dedicating the name of the killer to memory. Tomorrow, she'll hunt. But for now, sleep awaited. Leaning back against the air conditioner she found herself resting against, she closed her eyes and dozed off once more.

(Night Scene, done.)
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#37 Post by Myperson54 »

Lucius Bennici was walking home from work that night, when he heard the sound of breaking glass. He braced, expecting a drugged-up gang or some insane hooker to burst out of some hideaway.

Instead, he found something much worse.

A single, basic-civilian-model robot stumbled out of the alleyway ahead. "Agh!" He fell to his knees, one leg being bent at an unnatural angle. Lucius was sure he didn't feel any pain, but the discomfort of inefficiency must have been distressing enough. The robot called out. "Help, someone please!" Lucius wasn't the kind of person to judge by type, so he simply shrugged and stepped in to assist the poor thing.

"No, wait! Stop!" the robot yelled. "Don't come any closer, please!" He paused. Something was wrong here.

"What do you mean? I want to help."

"I know, just.... Don-DON'T COME NEAR ME!" It screamed at his approach. Then, inexplicably, by some unseen force, the robot pushed itself up on its arms and began to crawl towards Lucius. "GO! LEAVE! HURRY!" It sobbed in its sad mechanical way, as it strained its arms to move.

Lucius' indecision was his downfall, however, because as he finally turned to run away from the weird machine, he found that he was frozen in his tracks. This was mostly due to the metal fist sprouting from his chest, grasping at a loose rib. His last thoughts were, And so it ends....

Lucius always did kind of suck at melodrama.

====X====

The sun rose to a city splattered with blood. The news feed came to everyone in one way or another: CONTAC News, word of mouth, or a mechanical demise.

Alex could only watch as the city fell to its knees, robots and humans tearing each other apart. Since the first few attacks, most of the conflict had been neutralized, but robots on the street were still being watched closely.

"This is awful," moaned Alex in despair. "I wish I could do something, but... Gah, it's impossible! Who could've done this kind of thing?" This is a hack entirely outside the caliber of any known hackers. Eden, do you have anything?"

"Nope, sorry, I'm lost entirely. I'm not really built for this kind of situation, to be honest." Alex frowned.

"Indecision is inactivity. Inactivity is useless. They trust us to help them, and we will do so. Analyze the origins and determine the goal."

"Maybe someone's trying to incite panic?"

"Well, good luck trying to control the situation by banning robot activity. This ain't an apartheid."

"What else could I do? They're out of control."

"Panic is already present. Limit the spread. Treat it as the humans do their own epidemics. If possible, we should have robots working alongside humans to show that it is not a secret genocide." Alex thought for a nanosecond.

"Jenna, who do we know that's easily accessible and a good programmer? And not us," he added as an afterthought. Jenna fell silent for a surprising five nanoseconds.

"The reason I ask is, he said, We need humans who get to the bottom of this as well as machines, and if we can get them to both analyze this together, their combined logic and opinions might lead somewhere we can't."

"Most are suspect as the origin. Possible choices include: Henry Guilman, Transhuman Technologies Cyberwarfare Division. Brenda Ralid, Private Contractor. I.D.A., Gestalt Firearms. Mell would be preferable if she were not potentially infected. Additional personnel are difficult to recommend."

"Alright, I'll begin calling our contacts."

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#38 Post by Hotep the psychic »

(i did put that Sigmund works at a test facility he works at and works on them solo at his house. then makes copys of those works that succeed. The drones repaired the wall and the power relays, if there was confusion on that.)
Sigmund woke in his secondary study, in front of him on his desk was a new project he was working on from work at the test facility. Sigmund let out a wide yawn before getting up to stretch. After his morning routine of a workout, a small snack, some work, then an actuall meal he felt great. He now was checking his previous wounds now covered over from the nanomite process.He headed downstairs to his belongings and did an equipment check. Once satisfied with what he had he went back upstairs and grabbed his new project, he pushed a button to activate it. only whirring to life a blue glow on the glass. i then set it down on the floor and watched as it slowly genereated more power and then shutdown. he frowned at the failure, then he picked it up and placed it back on the desk for later, then looked at the other projects around him. After letting out a sigh, he walked to a panels activating security and his crawler and flight drones from the testing facility that actually worked. His door locked and was set to get recognition from people coming. Then went downstairs to scan his wounds and continue working on another drone project from work. He worked from the real drone next to it copying size weight and function, the four rotors allowed flight and could stop to morph to a more ground type drone with four wheels, Sigmund all had left to do was place in the explosive counter part a security tazer and steal some electronics to finish. Although un wanting to do the work he went back upstairs to the library and sat down to read and relax.
(note: small drones only inside house not outside, no robot then and lastly the nanomite injection is more like a revitalizer only used in restoring wounds and thats it, no augmentation or anything, just fixing and done no more nanos)
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

Nightfury
Templar Master

#39 Post by Nightfury »

Castor was not a happy man.

Being the progressive man that he was, Mr. Gemini had often pondered who should staff the End of Line club, but the question had always come down to money, and robots had no concept of it. This had led to bartenders, waiters and other mechanical staff augmenting his own, (mostly) living security and management.

That was, apparently, a mistake.

Glass and blood mingled on the empty dance floor, with neon railings and skylights shattered from floors and floors above. The whole city was going mad, or so it seemed. Only a small portion of his mechanical staff had been affected, but he had a large enough staff that a small portion meant a lot of blood.

That wasn't why Castor was angry. Men (and women) died every day, it was nothing new - but whatever had caused this murder of paying partygoers had tarnished Castor's reputation. And that was inexcusable.

"Does somebody want to explain to me..." Castor began, voice quiet but loud as anything in a room full of deathly silent staff. "Why my floor is covered in blood? And WHY my own custom-order wait staff were capable of pulling heads from necks?"

One of his bolder officers stepped forward. "The whole city is in chaos, sir, it wasn't j-"

Castor spun around to face him immediately. "I AM NOT THE WHOLE CITY. I AM BETTER." His fingers gripped hard upon the pistol, which had not left his hand since the previous night. "We are better."

Castor motioned a hand, and one of his guards pushed a droid forward. 'Cyphus-145.349' said the name printed in the metal upon his chest, beneath the black-and-white paintjob in a stylised suit. "Explain it to me. You're in charge of network security, so explain to me how this happened."

The machine did not move. "Unknown. Network security was not compromised for the duration of the event"

Castor's tight grimace turned into a frown. He clicked his fingers, and his Siren - standing aside from the rest of the crowd - tossed the cane in the air, landing squarely in his hand. "Say again?"

"Unknown. Network security was n-" The voice was reduced to a high-pitched feedback loop as the cane struck hard against the robot's metal mouth. The second strike shattered the fragile knee joint, sending it to the ground. "Unknown. Unknown. Unknown." The final strike came down hard enough to pierce the robot's chest, crushing vital components and shutting it down for good.

Castor sighed. "Find me a new drone supplier once this whole thing is over, and kill the old one. Get out." The crowd was all too happy to oblige, filing out and leaving the club empty save for Gem. Castor glanced to her, his frown a mixture of unhappiness and fury, of a child with a broken toy and a man with his most prized possession taken from his hands. "I need you to find me someone who knows what is going on. Somebody who I can pay to find me the person who did this. This city has been struck by someone with more power than I have, and I don't like it when people have more power than I do." She nodded, slipping into the shadows to enact his plans.

With a small sigh, Castor finally holstered his pistol, moving to the bar and finding a bottle of wine that wasn't shattered and spilt, pouring himself a glass without checking quite what it was. "Honestly, if you want something done right...

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#40 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Sliding up from his seat Anthony grabbed his keys and put on a new suit, stepping out his apartment door and locking it, he checked the map he had printed out and sighed, this was gunna be a tough, long hunt, probably involving tht and conspiracies... Wonderful, stepping out side the complex and into his car he started the rumbling engine and threw it into reverse, swinging the car out onto the street and roaring down the road to the center of the circle, if he remembered correctly a small coffee shop sat there.

A few minutes later he rolled into a parking space, grabbing his suitcase filled with his laser gat and his .357 at his waist he stepped into the street with a fedora on and aviators on, looking around he spotted an alleyway, Might as well start somewhere. Stepping into the alley, hand ready to grab his pistol.

Seconds later, his caution was well rewarded, as he'd come across a most peculiar scene.
"I-I didn't see nuthin, sir!"
"[censored]! You tell me where that [censored] is or I swear to heaven and hell, I'll-"

"Ahem..."
Anthony cleared his throat, attracting their attention.
It wasn't too hard to put together, one fairly well-dressed cat threatening a human, waving a gun in his face.

"Move along, pup, this doesn't concern you."
"Excuse me? pup?"
Sighing, the cat-man pointed his pistol at Anthony, who had done just the same thing.

Actually able to see the cat's face, Anthony could tell he had not slept well, if at all.
Taking a chance, the human made a run for it while they were distracted.
"NO! Don't let him get away!"
His aggressor screamed, firing several shots, at least four, at the human. No loud bangs, just the muffled coughs of a suppressor doing it's job.

His accuracy must have taken a hell of a hit with sleep-deprivation, as all his shots missed.
Furious, the cat turned his gun on Anthony again.
"You just lost me my only lead! Give me one good reason why I shouldn't plant a bullet in your head!"

Smiling Anthony took off past him, sliding around the corner, even in the suit with the case he could go remarkably fast.

"YOU-!"
Misunderstanding his intentions, the cat opened fire. A few shots camed dangerously close to hitting Anthony, but none hit their mark, fortunately.
Catching up to the human who seemed to have a leg problem, Anthony whistled, causing him to turn around before he clothes lined him into the ground, leveling the now free laser gat at his head."Never run with a wolf around, it doesn't really end well." Grabbing him Anthony drug the man back into the alley way, dropping him at the cats feet.

To say he was surprised would be an understatement, his eyes were wide as dinner plates. Even the bionic one he seemed to have.
"I... I see..."
He did recover at some point, however.

"Let me see that revolver. Don't worry, I'm not going to shoot you with it."

Pulling out his revolver Anthony spun it, pointed it up and piped open the drum and let the rounds fall into his paw before snapping it back and spinning it to face the cat grip first.

Without hesitation, he snatched the fire-arm from Anthony, opening the chamber.
"Still a bullet left in here. My thanks, mister..."
"Anthony."

Anthony rolled his eyes skyward, the gun was empty, sure, but the human didn't have to know that. Speaking of the human, Anthony didn't dare use a full name in his presence, else he'd probably have even more troubles with law-enforcement.

The cat smiled pleasntly.
"Thonir. Now, mister bald, how about we play a game?"

Several rounds of "russian roulette" later...
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#41 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Alex established a connection with Mell, hoping she was still undamaged. As soon as he saw she'd accepted, he jumped into Shell 7 and surveyed the office, worried she was infected.

Mell Prime noticed Alex's return first, but her prompt greeting was still lost in the chorus of enthusiastic hellos, glowing yellow eyes briefly flickering up to glance at their new friend. After the echoes of eleven voices faded, Mell Prime chimed in again. After the initial flood of babbling for several hours, they had calmed down enough to avoid constantly interrupting each other. It had been an attempt to simulate constant interaction, but was no longer necessary.

"Alex! Iwasgoingtoaskif-" She paused. Alright, so perhaps the babbling wasn't gone quite yet. "Ahem. I was going to-" She paused again. "Are friends supposed to kill each other? Yes, I think they do. Stay still, please."

Mell Prime, Three, Eight, Nine, Eleven, and Twelve began forcibly overriding Alex's control over Seven, attempting to backtrace him to his source, while the others with the exception of Two collapsed onto their desks limply. Two attempted to stand, but fell over onto the ground, mouth working silently as she thrashed her way towards Three.

"Wait, what? No! Stop! Mell!" Alex panicked and threw his (seven's?) body at the attacking units. If she was already gone, maybe it was too late after all.

He tore and screamed and pushed back at the units with all his power, but sadly, he found Mell's hardware insufficient for fighting large groups, and quickly succumbed to their physical and mental attacks.

And so it begins, thought Alex as he slipped away. He cut all connections to Mell Seven, and hoped he'd be undamaged. However, he still wanted to check up on her, so he tried to think of another route.

"Alex?" Prime chirped, sending feelers through CONTAC, and all non-Taeshi robots that she could reach, still influenced by her basic drives. She was incapable of harming CONTAC's massive computational ability, but that wasn't a concern to the crazed robot. "Alex? Alex-Alex-Alex-AlexAlexAlexAlex?"

"Taeshi Test-Type Self Maintenance Purge Complete." Whispered from four sources, four pairs of hands began to twitch back to life, ignored by the infected Mells. Seven's limp body shuddered as her original AI was moved back into position, while Two ceased to struggle for a moment.

"Aleeex? Ale-" The six crazed Mells found themselves tackled by clumsily executed leaps, and the room was filled with the sound of metal bashing itself against metal.

Back in CONTAC's Visualizer, Alex was attending to pull himself together, trying to erase the experience of death.
"Why, Mell? Why you, of all people?" His eyes flashed blue, a sign that Eden was speaking. "I'm sorry, Alex. It must have been rough. Are you alright?"

He paused for a second, then nodded. "I'm fi-I-ine, fine."
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#42 Post by Lief »

Aisling

Aisling had stayed out and all night, zipping about on her hoverboard and furiously writing on her notepad. Not at the same time, though. She'd done that before, it usually ended in pain. This 'robot uprising', as some called it, certainly made for good material. And she was getting a lot of it, even though there actually weren't that many of the crazed robots. Maybe she'd be the first to get a solid report on it. Janet and myself, Aisling reminded herself. Janet was a good friend of Aisling, though they'd only met in person a handful of times. Janet wrote the news articles and Aisling did the research. They mutually agreed to split the profit 40-60 (Aisling gets more because she's out doing the hard work and Janet actually understands that.) and it's worked out well enough so far.

Ash slowed to a stop in front of her house, lowering the hoverboard until it was only a foot off the ground. Stepping off, she grabbed the board and switched it off. Her house was nice, it wasn't a mansion or anything, but it was a normal house amidst a sea of skyscraper apartments and such. Two stories, plus attic and basement. Plenty of space, not that she ever used half of it. With a shrug, she unlocked the front door and walked in. "I'm home, da-" Ash stopped and frowned, then grimly started up the stairs to her room. "Old habits really do die hard."

Serrus

Serrus once again sat down in the comfortable visualizer chair. She didn't do this, nor would she have. Whoever DID do this needed to be found, and she was willing to 'come out of hiding' and help. More or less. Leaning back, she tapped some controls on the arm, enabling additional firewalls and security measures. And then she turned it on.

It was always an odd experience, these visualizers. For a moment everything was black, and you felt nothing. Then everything was white, a form of sensory overload, Serrus guessed. And then you could see, hear, feel, smell... Probably taste, too, but she had never tested that. Unlike last time, though, where she was just browsing servers, she had logged directly into one. Or a proxy of one, anyways. She was in Alex's domain.

"Alex?" Serrus called out. She felt sluggish, a side-effect of her increased security measures, they induced a form of lag.

Alex was just recovering from the slight discomfort of death when he heard a voice. He jerked his head upright and looked from side to side. This was unusual. Walking about the central hub of CONTAC, he found an extra door labelled "visitors only." How odd. This wasn't supposed to be here. However, he brushed his disease aside and stepped in, closing he door behind him.

The room he stepped into was just like all the others inside his Visualizer: A blank, white void, broken only by an art deco lamp about three meters to the left of the door. It stood there vigilantly, as if it were trying to protest the blank, all-consuming boredom of Alex's own mind, yet with a depressed, resigned stance.

Of course, it also could've been the result of the stranger in his systems. "Who are you? How did you get here?" He yelled, artificial fur bristling on his neck. "This will be interpreted as an affront against the City-State of Cantia, you realize?"

"I'm surprised you couldn't tell as soon as I entered, guess that means my increased security is doing its job..." Serrus trailed off, looking over Alex's avatar. It wasn't something she had seen before, seeing as she avoided him in most cases, and when she did need him for something it was always short, sweet, and voice-only.

Serrus, for her part, was using a blank-slate female avatar. It resembled a mannequin better than a human being. Like the room, it was a result of not having the time to set up. She did make sure to at least include her trademarked gasmask, though.

"I'm Serrus. The terrorist?" The second part was spoken with disgust, obvious that she didn't like the word. "How I got here is irrelevant," She paused, forcing into existence a pair of stylized office chairs, as well as what appeared to be a maple desk in between them. "Now before you get your panties in a knot, I'm here to help." She gestured to the chairs, sitting in one of them.

Alex glared at her, mentally cursing himself for letting her in. However, he thought himself a rather reasonable fellow, and sat down in the disgusting chair. "What do you want?" Simply put, it was a challenge. A challenge to impress him, and he was sure this "Terrorist" Serrus would be unable to meet his expectations.

"What do I want? For now, all I want is to help you catch the [censored] responsible for this... Virus?" This was something she hadn't actually thought about. What had caused the robots to go insane? Was it actually a virus? Or just a very complex hack? The former seemed more likely, as it would've been much easier to do and would explain why so few of the robots were affected.

"I wish to see him, or her, be brought to justice for this crime, and am willing to help that come to pass. I ask for nothing in return, though a pardon for my crimes would be nice. Or at least a good news report for a change." Serrus chuckled, knowing that neither of those things would happen.

If Alex had been suspecting before, that was nothing compared to how he felt now. "You... Want to help? A self-proclaimed Terrorist wants to help me clean up this mess?" He chuckled grimly. "Well, I'm saying this off the record, but, I haven't found [censored]. I have no idea who's to blame for this, and unless you have any leads, we're both in the same boat. What's your great idea, lady?"

"Yes, I want to help," Serrus nodded. "I don't have any leads, either. But for something on this scale to affect so few... The affected robots, have you checked their frequently visited sites? Checked for backdoors? How about looking into programmers with a criminal background? You have access to much more than I do. Though, that's not entirely true."

Alex smiled at her arrogance. Arrogance, or ignorance? He couldn't decide. Still, she seemed honest in her offer to help. "Alright, one last thing. How do I know I can trust you?"

Serrus shifted in her seat uncomfortably. This question was inevitable, and the only thing she could give was her word. Or leave herself open. Alex was unlikely to trust her based on word alone, so that left one option. With a quiet sigh, she began disabling her security measures, until she was left with only the basics.

On the bright side, she didn't feel sluggish anymore. "That's the best I can do."

Alex blinked twice, then opened his mouth to speak, closed it, and repeated. He was quite literally at a loss for words. "You... You've just made yourself entirely vulnerable," he said, half in awe. Serrus was still wearing the gas mask, but had he wanted to, Alex could've removed that from her, just like she'd removed her firewalls. He ran a scan on her, just to double-check. "You really are safe," he chuckled, shaking his head in disbelief. "Well then, Miss Serrus, I guess we have some work to do."

"Indeed we do."

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#43 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Sigmund looked at the time on his watch as he finished his last gadgets construction for his next job. He had to get ready for the evening ahead of him. It has been 2 hours since the man came to his door and its been awhile longer since his intruder blew a hole in his house. Still mad that he couldnt crack who the man was and how he/she found him bothered him to his core, but he lost the thought when the next man came knocking. A man from taeshis rival company with plenty of information on Sigmunds next job. A heist at Taeshi's main experimental facility two hours away from the main buildning to the south. A convoy of trucks and cars was carrying newly completed tech to the HQ and left after the evening shift change. The target was harddrives. Made to withstand pulses and other hazards so it could keep causing functions to what ever it was attached to. It was made from a newly created metal from taeshis science division and there rivals wanted it for there own. Sigmund accepted after being explained everything and given what he wanted which was'nt much either. Sigmund sat in his basement floor where all his thieving belongings where held and was changing into his outfit and setting his gear. He wanted this to go through easily even though it was going to be complex. His latest drone was going to accompany him for surveilance with two others of equal model. He went through his checklist a final time before leaving on his bike to the building. "evening heist here i come" Sigmund thought as he left through an exit tunnel under his house connecting a ways away to a side road heading into town His bike hummed lightly as he picked up speed to get to his location quickley
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#44 Post by Myperson54 »

SKIP: The time is now evening, about 5:00-6:00.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#45 Post by y7h65 »

Alisa

With a jolt, Alisa bolted awake only to smack into the bottom of the cubby above her in the mobile command vehicle. Cursing as she rubbed the pain away she turned her attention back to the reports. The berserk reports had been a pain to clear out and it took most of Fourth, Fifth, and a section of Third company to secure the areas under their jurisdictions. It took the better part of the day as well and though the areas they were secure, the sheer amount of reports and paperwork generated by the event was immense. Even on the cusp of a major operation, she was still busy double checking that none of the injured units were in the operation. She sighed, slightly amused.

Guess I should stop making fun of the beat cops, huh? Alisa mused to herself softly as she finally finished the injury and death reports. Despite being a part of the ASP forces brought with them, the Fourth and Fifth were only meant for light patrolling and low violence investigation and interception. Because of that they weren't as well equipped as the First, Second, and Third companies. However they took a disproportionate amount of injuries and deaths during the minor robot uprising. Despite minor losses they managed to secure the area by themselves, with only the Third company being brought in to clear out a particularly heavily infested mall. It seems that ASP command's fears and suspicions of a robot uprising had finally proven correct, for once.

Stretching, Alisa glanced at the clock on her HUD. 5:28 PM, almost time to begin. A green dot came to life on her HUD as well as a set of orders for the platoon she was acting as comm officer for. With a sigh she tapped in a command on her console and watched the tactical screen come to life before her. Multiple arrows representing APCs and helicopters went from yellow to green as the convoy began to move. Sitting tense, Alisa felt the rumble of the command truck moving beneath her as the raid began. A whole day to plan a raid involving almost a hundred and fifty people; the joys of privatization.

Outside, in the blocks surrounding Janus's house, countless APCs and a trio of attack helicopters came to life and streamed down towards Janus's house. Within a few minutes, the house was surrounded by a crowd of black and orange APCs almost a half block deep while the trio of helicopters orbited the house, their cannons aimed at the building. Behind the sea of APCs were multiple large heavy transport trucks, their cargo containers replaced by heavily command and control centers. It was from one of these command trucks did a loud voice crack out, amplified by a PA system.

"Sigmund Janus Oriano! This is Argarian Security Provider SWAT and Police Division! We have a warrant for your arrest as well as the seizure of your property and the items within! Come out with you hands out and we will ensure no harm comes to you or your property!"

(OOC: I don't know, if you have something in your house to react with, feel free to. Otherwise, tell me and I shall continue with raiding your house with SWAT and Riot police forces.)

Sigmunds arm lit up in the alley. he casually opened the little screen to see the many cops outside his house. "oh dang it.....ill have to move the basement." sigmund thought as he typed some commands into the screen and sent them. At the house a megaphone turned on. "hope you can hear me. but at the moment im not at the house.... truthfully im in town. but i cannot allow my belonging be taken. therefore i activate.....hold on, somethings wrong. come on you blasted thing respond!! the mainframes hacked!! sigmund said before cutting off. his house however was different his many drones exited the building arming weapons. the amount of small rocketry and guns mounted to them was able to compensate against the force. after so two doors opened in the ground and two larger drones took off with vtol. fully armed the lights all glowed red. "all units at the building the drones are not under my CONTROL I REPEAT THERE NOT UNDER MY CONTROL AND I CANT REGAIN THEM I BELEIVE THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENED WITH THE ROBOTS IN TOWN IS HAPPENING TO THEM! YOU HAVE TO DESTROY THE HOUSE. IM NOT THERE ANYWAYS AND I HAVE A COPY OF EVERYTHING ELSEWHERE." sigmunds intercom blasted after so beeping could be heard from the drones as they attacked in full force. Sigmund in the alley in town now frantically typed on a keypad trying to regain control of his own belongings. soon he gave up due to the complexity of the code. he then mounted his bike and continued his job with the harddrives. a tear filled his eye as he lost his house. He drove along side the center truck and jumped onto the roof after a quick climb. on the roof he enterd through a small hatch into the cargo hold. he activated the camo and began his mission sneaking through the truck, hiding away from guards and knocking otheres unconcious. he then stopped and checked his arm seeing the carnage at his house as black market, built, and stolen drones, and other vehicles were getting into formation on his yard to fight the police and swat. he closed it then focused on the task at hand. about ten minutes later he found the safe. He hesitated then broke the safe open and took his prize before leaving on his bike and heading to his house. "im gonna regret this!" sigmund thought as he hit the accelerator to get to the house.

Alisa

The small robot army and lone VTOL could have potentially been an issue, were it not for the three military spec gunships awaiting in the air, guns and weapons ready to go. They were the best that ASP could buy and maintain with their budget and income, equipped to handle anything from discouraging riots to handling small slum uprisings. Of course, the heavily armed and armoured helicopters rarely saw combat use due to the cost and rather limited number of them available for ASP. These three helicopters were just a little under half of the entire fleet at ASP's disposal and the most exciting thing that their pilots had experienced was a small riot that quickly stopped after they fired a few rounds into the crowd.

So when the robot army decided to abandon any sort of tactic or use of subtlety and amass with a show of force, the gunners responded in kind. The VTOLs were the first to be hit, the vehicles barely getting three feet off the ground before a hailstorm of 30mm HEDP rounds ripped into it. The rain of artillery shell lasted for almost three seconds, in which almost a hundred and ten rounds tore into the each of the vehicles. The fire ceased for a moment only for twelve missiles armed with HEAP warheads to slam into the last recorded position of the VTOLs, six each, the force of the twelve missiles detonating enough to shatter the windows in the house.

Of course, this wasn't to say that the group of robots went ignored. The third helicopter made sure of that. With a roar, the thirty millimeter cannon on the bottom of the attack helicopter roared to life and fired into the horde as it assembled, ripping into the crowd for a three second burst before six missiles smashed into the crowd. The detonation occurred barely a second after the previous set of explosions and what glassware survived soon found itself destroyed.

The dust kicked into the air rendered visibility to zero, the gunners and pilots switching to thermal cameras to compensate. Like that, they waited for any sort of movement which would meet another barrage of high explosive fury.

sigmund arrived behind the chaos. he went to the command vehicle with his camo and entered the vehicle. seeing alisa and suprising two guards he turned off his camo. the guards shouting went to disable sigmund but sigmund only moved to defend himself. easily and swiftly he disabled them of there weapons then threw them on the floor. "i never try to kill and before you go off shooting please tell me you destroyed my house? this is more complex than you think as those arent all i have. and on top of that at least hear someone out" sigmund said leaning on his cane. outside the vtols suffered but still flew. each unloaded there barrage before soon dieing off to crash imto the crowd of troops. two more doors opened and four ground assualt vehicles along with more drones stormed out shooting. with that two civilian helicopters with weaponry mounts came airborne and aimed for the air support. sigmund opened the top hatch of the command vehicle and looked outside seeing the onslaught. "windows are shattered and this is the second protocol of six. after that its a self destruct protocol. before that. its the floor defense turrets. do you at least have a protonic pulse emitter with this stuff or a emp grenade satchel? and before this you where looking for me i presume...i by truth had nothing to do with this" sigmund said twirling his cane.

(OOC: I'm not even going to comment on how badly you [censored] up there nor how badly you godmodded there. You seem to believe that troops will not fire when they see a threat. Sadly, wandering out into the open with weapons is a threat and assuming that they would not react is a fallacy.)

When Sigmund went for the top hatch from the inside, something imminently became clear. That is to say, the hatch didn't open. Looking at it, the door behind him was also shut. One of the command troops, all of them armored and armed, stood up and clapped slowly. The clapping intensified as the rest of the crew joined in.

"Congratulations [censored]. You just broke into a restricted government area." As the words left their mouth, a faint scent of almonds made itself present. "Unfortunately for you, while you were busy being a [censored] and making your presence known, I activated the hardwired failsafes."

The soldier pointed at the hatch and the door as well as the vents in the truck.

"All external hatches are now sealed by blasting cap launched steel rods. That hatch can withstand four kilos of C4. The exterior doors? Twenty kilos. Only way out is to disassemble the truck from the outside which takes about two hours at a prepared station. While that's happening, a reservoir of highly combustible and highly toxic chemical is being pumped into this truck. We all have personal environment systems. If you don't pass out, you can't do [censored]. If you do," The soldier motioned at the consoles, particularly at a piece that looked like a lighter. "Then you'll quickly find that my eight other associates are prepared to turn this entire truck interior into a fifteen hundred degree Celsius oven. So why don't you play nice and sit your punk [censored] down."

Meanwhile, on the outside, the robots soon realized something. Not a single trooper had dismounted from their APC. Instead, the robots met a wall of anti missile and rocket flak as well as their own barrage of rockets. Rockets and missiles were knocked out of the air, detonating prematurely as they met a wall of steel. The civilian helicopters barely made it off the ground before another a hundred and ten high explosive dual purpose rounds ripped through the engine block followed with another barrage of rockets.

Not to be outdone the APCs themselves began to open fire with support from the helicopter. With an almighty roar the APCs angled their grenade machineguns and fired. An unholy rain of high explosives, incendiary, and armour piercing grenades fell on the lawn while the helicopter fired it's cannon at the attack vehicles, rounds capable of tearing through armoured tanks with ease slamming into the lighter vehicles. Meanwhile, enough explosives to level the house ripped into the property around the house before promptly leveling the house and those within.

ooc: yeah i just saw that during the reread of that post and i didnt really think it through either. i just thought of my character only setting two guards unconcious and then talking with your character. so if you make the changes to a more aprrovalble stance then ill be fine with it. this next thing however is approved by gm before hand for another use but ill use it here.

"fine but do you really have me is the question? i am but a holo emitter." sigmund said as the four connected powercells dropped to the floor (yes gm did approve of this as well as another gadget.) "im not as stupid as you think. but i do thank you for destroying the house. it deactivates everything connected to it. i will also say thank you for the applause and all but to you mam. i want to know if you have ever seen someone or thing hack like that."the holo emitter said. safely in a hidden location the real sigmund stood by a terminal speaking through the emitter. "after doing my last job and watching i quickley saw how crazy it was and used my holo emitter with those power cells to do the task instead. you wont be able to trace this. it took me some time to allow this device to cause physical contact. right now im at 25% power. if you wish to talk to me meet me at the down town abandoned experimental building in three hours. no comms no overwatch no nothing. only yourself. then we can talk. and to be nice ill deactivate the self destruct on this device." sigmund said as his form disapeered and a frisbee like disk fell tothe floor and shorted out rendering the hardware irreusable

(OOC: Well, I tried to be nice about it but clearly, I'm now asking this. Myperson, does hotep have access to well, any of this stuff? Feel free to call BS on me though but I have good reasons for having APCs and Helicopters. I'd like Hotep's reasons for half of the [censored] he brought onto the field.)
Local Type Moon Fanatic.