Brushed Chrome (Neon Shadows) - IC

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

Re: Brushed Chrome (Neon Shadows) - IC

#16 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Sigmund was now in the halls of the museum after retracting a line to the roof. He stood with his goggles. "few beams, few guards, low security....activating camo" sigmund said to himself as his body slowly faded to show everything around him. He wandered the halls quickley enough seeing all the priceless art statues and items. Stopping at a corner he looked back and activated a dna watch lens. the screen glowed orange on his side. "ok no prints, no hairs, no tracks. everythings keeping clean" sigmund thought seeing the guard walk by. He smiled under the mask and continued on to a closed off hall, on the doors he saw a pad with a scanner. "good, a puzzle." Sigmund knelt down and tapped his wrist to show a mniature screen on the inside of his sleeve. he tapped quickley to find a man on duty tonight. He hit enter and the gloves smooth surface ridged itself to the mans hand. He placed a finger on the scanner and it clicked, showed a green light and slowly opened. After shutting off the screen his gloves went smooth again and he looked inside to see the many unseen beams. Sigmund stood quietly for a moment before in the doorway, he reached into his pocket pulled out a smoke grenade and a small spider. after activation the spider crawled inside activated a signal to reprogram the cameras into seeing what a guard would want then set off the gas grenade. Sigmund stepped inside, the door closing behind him and with a few small leaps, a few times getting stuck and once placing himself in an uncomfortable position he made it to the center. He replaced the painting with his insignia, deactivated the beams and walked back out with ease after grabbing all his belongings. "HAH, got it...easy work" sigmund said a little loud that guards started moving to his spot. A little frightened by the sudden noise he packed the pinting in the camo cloth hiding him with it and stood close to the walls moving towards his exit.

The guards however arrived as he moved away, two of them opening the doors to the room sigmund was just in to see the work missing. Panic ensued as the guards rushed to activate alarms and call others awake to search for the thief.

Sigmund about two minutes later was on the roof with the hatch closed and was crossing the wire to his roof. upon reaching the roof he retracted the line and the arrow then packed up and left jumping from roof to roof towards taeshi.

Back at the museum police arrived and was questioning guards who could only show Sigmunds Logo left behind in place of the painting. Half way to the building sigmund looked at the painting with a scanner for any beacons or tracers. finding many he took a few minutes time to remove them and set them on different roofs to confuse police. "One job done, one clean painting....one more job left. Info scout check first at taeshi, then im heading to the rally point for the exchange." Sigmund said dropping the last tracer and jumping to the next roof.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#17 Post by Stryder221 »

There was only so much Tristam could take of just sitting around, and as he finally managed to stand to his feet, he came to realize something.
His life was so incredibly boring when wasn't out risking it.

But fortunately, or not so, someone had requested contact with him. With a sigh, he accepted.
"Activate CONTAC."

His bionic eye glazed over as he did so, and was shown the image of a brown-haired Vixen as she began to speak.

"Tristam?"
"Who else, Anya? It does my heart good to hear your angelic voice once more."

Said the cat, instantly putting his charm to work. The vixen, Anya, smiled.
"Flatterer. I'm really sorry to say this about this, but..."

Tristam tensed.

"...The date's off. Some wacko blew up the coffee shop we were going to meet at."

"Tristam?"
"O-oh, yes I'm fine! I'll just... Need a day or two to... Make plans..."
"Alright Tristam. Just don't do anything stupid without me!"
"So you can film it?"
"You bet! Well, goodbye."

And then then she ended the call.
"Deactivate."
The cat said, and his bionic eye returned to it's normal functions of being, well, an eye.

He took a deep breath, then exhaled. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale... It was supposed to calm rage, but why wasn't it working? Eventually, Tristam cracked.
"HOW DARE HE?! THERE WILL BE BLOOD!"
He screamed, rushing upstairs.

He came to a stop in front of a cheap, yet innocent painting, of a bowl of fruit. He pushed a small button hidden in the frame, and the painting flipped. On it's back was a small rack of weapons. Small-arms, mostly. Pistols, two SMGs, and a sawn off shotgun. He had more guns stashed, but these were easier to conceal.

[Weaponry added to character sheet.]

I loved that coffee shop! Sure, the coffee itself was overpriced and tasted like piss, but it's still MY coffee shop! THAT [censored]! HE'LL PAY FOR THIS!
As soon as he made to grab the shotgun, however, Tristam heard someone knocking at his door.

"Aw, god-dammit!"
The cat-man pushed the button on the frame, and the painting flipped over again, appearing to be just that, an innocent little painting. Afterward, he rushed down the stairs swearing to himself.

"Alright, alright! Keep your pants on!"
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

isstmich
Grand Templar

#18 Post by isstmich »

MAKO

Mako Walked into the apartment building where he had left his most recent abducted victim, a sweet looking Tabby cat woman. "well Miss Jones i have good news and i have bad news!" he explained gleefully. Miss Jones only replied with soft sobs her head down and away from Mako. "i was just paid so that means i cant kill you! thats the good news." Miss Jones continues to sob her gaze away from Mako but not out of fear she was looking at her left arm, which seems to have been Flayed and had its muscles peeled away one cluster at a time."unfortunately since i was paid that means i CANT kill you THATS THE BAD NEWS!" he sounded unreasonably happy to say it. "so heres what YOUR going to do now." he took a few steps towards her dropping the case of money on the floor. for the first time since he came back she responded to him. kicking her feet in the chair and trashing from side to side screaming no at him.

Mako straddles the chair and sits down on Miss Jones lap grabbing her head from both sides forcing her to look at him. "your going to connect to contact." under him miss Jones continues to struggle "your going to call the following number and i swear to god you better remember this cuz i will only say it once, forget and you die here." his words sink in and miss Jones stops struggling " good girl, the number is 9475581239, you tell the man that answers that phone..." miss Jones tries to jerk her head from out of his hands but he pulls her back with force pushing one of his thumbs into her eyes. "LOOK AT ME!" He snarls " you tell the man that answers that phone your name, you tell him where you are. he will come save you. if you call anyone else i can guarantee you'll die before help arrives." he pushes his thumb a little on her eye "then after you've told that man all the things i just told you to tell him, that his baby brother left him a present! YOU GOT THAT!" he pulls her face into his nose and lets go oh her head and jumps off her lap. miss Jones replies with a sob filled scream yes. he turns picks up his case of money and goes to leave, stopping for a second at the door. "miss Jones if you call the police or anyone else for that matter before the nice man i told you to call shows up he will kill you." Without another word he leaves miss jones to her pathetic cries for help and tears.

After walking a few blocks Mako turns into an alley where hes meeting someone from GTA to give him a new mission

The GTA employee looked around him nervously. He wasn't used to skulking around back alleys like this. Hell, even the thought of meeting his contact gave him the creeps. Just his luck, too, pulling the shortest straw of the lot. Now he was nosing around in the underbelly of the city for a psychopath.
His thoughts were cut short suddenly, as he spotted the creep he was meeting. Bracing himself, he gulped and walked over.

Mako sucked his tongue on one of his canines and looked at the man approaching him, he absently scratched his the back of his head as he walked up. " Name and information needed to be pulled?" he asked callously, as if what he was going to be doing to the person whose name was spoken wasn't nothing more then bumping into a stranger on the street. he sucked on the inside of his mouth making a vacuum and pulled one corner of his mouth into a smile making a click noise as well as exposing his teeth.

The employee gulped nervously. This guy was even weirder than he'd expected. "There is a Transhuman operative we want dealt with, but we haven't quite managed to find out where he, well, is. He was recently found near the wreckage of a store-bombing on... ah, Fennel Street, so there's a possibility someone might have spotted him there." The employee took a deep breath to continue, opening his phone as he did so.
"Apparently there is a certain man who contacts him when Transhuman needs a job done. Here he is," he said, showing Mako the photo on his phone. "He's probably the most reliable source of information in this case. You can find him seven kilometers southwest of here."

leaning in and looking at the phone Mako smiled from ear to ear a very toothy grin. " a twofer? sounds fun, so i put the squeeze on this one to get the location of the other one." he barely lifted his head from the phone as his eyes slowly rolled up to meet the contact. he straightened his back up and leaned into the man putting his good arm on the wall next to the mans head backing him against it "i know the what, now i just need a couple of names and i can be on my merry way." he said in a low voice directly next to the mans ear

The contact gulped again. "Well, the uh, primary target is one Matthew Tolaire, but the man you want to find first goes by, uh, Viegel. Kurt Viegel."

Mako leans back and gives the contact another full toothed smile then pats him twice on the head."Ttttthank you" he says with his tongue half out his mouth and his top teeth biting down gently in the middle to emphasize the Th sound and ending with that ear to ear grin of his. without another word he turns around and begins to whistle a tune. at first it sounds upbeat then at the end of the first measure it sinks in what song hes whistling, Twisted Nerve.....

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#19 Post by Lief »

Aisling set down, stepped off her hoverboard and picked it up, turning it off in the process. She looked up at the sign above the bar before walking in, sliding her goggles down to hang from her neck. The place was one of the less seedy bars in town, at least. Was certainly cleaner than most. A quick look around made it obvious why, there weren't many people in it. The place either opened recently, or just wasn't a very good bar. But it was still open, so it couldn't be that bad.

Deciding on a seat, Ash approached a booth with one other occupant. An armored woman with platinum blonde hair. Without asking or so much as waiting for an acknowledgment, Aisling sat in the seat across from the woman, setting her hoverboard next to her.

"Hello there. I'm Aisling," Ash reached across the table with her left arm, offering the woman her hand. "Friends call me Ash."

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#20 Post by Stryder221 »

"Yeah, what- Oh, Angela, how wonderful it is to see you!"
At Tristam's front door was a light-skinned human with cat ears and tail. Why she was so silent, he did not know.
"Um... Thonir...? Clothes?"
Oh, this would probably be a good time to let you know that the cat-man had answered the door with only boxers worn.

Kind of awkward.
"I'll... Be right back. Come in, I'll be with you in a bit."
Of course, like many decent people would do, he rushed upstairs to find something to throw on.

"Oh good lord, what the hell is that smell? Is that plastic?"
Came the voice from downstairs.
"I was just, ah, testing a rumor! Didn't work, burnt the phone instead of charging it!"
"That part's obvious enough."

So, with pants and a simple shirt being worn, Tristam found himself downstairs again, face-to-face with his acquaintance.
"So, what brings such a lovely lady to this... Humble abode?"
Angela only scoffed.
"Don't try to charm me, Thonir, I'm not that easy."
"Can you blame me for trying?"
"I have pepper spray. Stop. Talking."

"Ah, such a foul temperament to go with an otherwise flawless- Alright, alright! Put it away! jeez!"
"That's better, Thonir."
"Must you call me by that silly alias? If anything other than my own name, It should be "The gunstar mercenary", that actually sounds decent!"
"Thonir. Last warning. Pay attention."

Wisely, the cat shut up as his associate handed him a slip of paper.
"Follow the directions on the note, it will lead you to a briefcase with your payment inside. It will take a small amount of, shall we say, acrobatics to reach, but nothing beyond your skills. But remember. No new cars right off the bat. Lay low. Once you're done with that note, though, eat it."

"On another note..."
Tristam's ears perked up.
"We have another target for you. One Matthew Tolaire. Tiger. Male. Here's a photo."
When the mercenary took a look at that photo, however, his face started turning red with rage.
In the background, blown to hell, was...

"MY COFFEE SHOP!"
"I beg your pardon?"
"I'll take the the job. I don't care- I lied, I do care, but I'd have done it even without you telling me to kill him."
He knew a detonator when he saw one, and this Tolaire was holding one in his hands. Oh, revenge would soon be his! And he'd get paid for it, too! What a more-or-less happy day!

"I'm afraid we don't have much information on him, Alex would no doubt remember us asking about him. But we do know one thing. He has visited a pub known as "The Drowned Bug" at least once. That is all."
"Right then... I'll be at it soon."
"One more thing. Keep this quiet. No explosions, no gore, no [censored] body parts all over the place, and no witnesses. If anybody notices you in the act, kill them. Nobody's coming to your rescue if you [censored] up and get caught. Good luck."

Angela was about to leave, but stopped at the door.
"Oh, oh! One more thing. While what I know is little more than unconfirmed rumor, I personally believe other mercenaries may be after your target as well. Don't count on them to play nice, there's some real psychopaths posing as mercenaries these days... Now, really, good evening, and good luck."

And she really did leave this time, leaving Tristam to his own devices while the smell of nuked phone tortured his nose. He immediately went to clean out his poor microwave, and hopefully do something about the stench.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#21 Post by LuckyMudman »

"So, why'd you lie to the kid?"
"Huh?"
Matthew glazed at the bartender, a bald light-skinned human with an anchor tatooed over his head, looking through the bottom of his glass.
"What do you mean 'Lied to him' ?
The bartender shook his head and sighed.
"You bloody well know what I mean, 'Brightening up the neighbourhood'? Who the hell says that?"

Matthew put his glass down, sliding forward and tapping on the edge.
"Why is it empty?"
A simple question, and the glass was filled again.
"You could've just as easily told him it was your job, I mean, most of us here know what you do."
"Do I look like I care, one gang wants another one's front removed, they paid me, I did what I was paid for, and with pleasure. Admit it, it was a dump."
"I hope you know what you're talking about. The streets are filled with cameras and surveillance."
Matthew yawned and tapped on the counter.
"So nice to see you concerned about me, but more importantly, did my payment arrive?"
The bartender shook his head and took the glass from Matthew.
"Yes, but you'd better be done for tonight, you're drinking too fast."
Without waiting for a response, the bartender left for a moment and brought back a suitcase, setting it on the bar.

"Ugh... what was the code again..."
Matthew twirled the suitcase's numeric lock till it finally clicked at 667.
"Ah, yes, 'Just a bit more evil'. Mhmmm, toys, toys, toys."
As he creacked it open, Matthew saw that one half of the suitcase was filled with cash, while the other half contained two hand grenades and a slab of plastic explosives.
"Finally, at least these hoodlums know it sometimes costs me more to do a job than what I get paid."
He took out one hand grenade and started juggling it atop the counter.

"That's why I took your drink away. On the topic of jobs, any words from your maste-*khm* "Employer"? "
Matthew could only produce a sour frown.
"Ugh, no words from THT, for the better I say. Goddamn corporations, holding me on a leash with their debts."
The bartender laughed, serving some random customer that sat nearby.
"Oh, more than just debts. Most the stuff you did, they got documented in some way or another. One phonecall and file transfer, and you're back in the brig cooling down on death row."
"You do well to remind me of that everytime I come here, you maybe on their payroll as well?"
"Don't be stupid. You know, sometimes I ask myself: Do those guys from both GTA and THT on TV talking about how much 'good' and 'equality' they stand for even know who's being hired to work for them..."
Matthew sighed and hid the grenades inside his coat, closing the briefcase and patting it.
"Come on, pour me one more and I'll be off. I got work to do."
With a weary sigh, the bartender complied and filled a glass with scotch, setting a third empty bottle next to Matthew.
"I wonder how much blood is left in your alcohol"
"Too much."

Downing his last drink, Matthew packed up and started out, nodding as a group of patrons wished him that he blew himself up already. Opening the doors gave him a nice breeze of fresh smog.
"Ahh, fresh pollution..."
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

isstmich
Grand Templar

#22 Post by isstmich »

Sebastien

His eye connected to contac and received a call from an unknown number "please god not another one" he thought. He brought his hand up and covered his left eye accepting the call. "Thank you, this is Sebastien. Who is calling?"

the woman who replied was half crying. "m- mu my name is ag agatha Joooooones" she cried. "im in apartment numb number 203, ah at the Venus complex"

Sebastien tense his face and clench his eyes making sure not to hang up when he did. " calm down miss Jones tell me whats wrong and why your calling me." even though he was pretty sure he knew what was about to come

She sniffled "your bay baby br bru brother left you a present" she said sniffing back more tears.

Sebastien cursed under his breath "stay calm Miss Jones ill be there immediately."

"NO!" she screamed "dont ha hang up p puh please. i dont wan want to die."

"it will take me 20 minutes to get to where you are. you can stay on the phone with me the whole time i promise." his voice was strong and calming a voice that instilled trust.

------------------------------

Mako

It didnt take long for Mako to beeline to where the target was said to be located and true to the little worms word Kurt wasnt far from where he was told he could find him. Mako shifted his eye patch over to the Right eye and engaged his tech. it started with a few scans on Kurt, red flagging a couple of areas on his body he was putting more stress on then others, highlighting noticeable injuries and take note of definable Jewelery. then it went a little deeper and preformed an x-ray and highlighted all bone fractures and remodels. it stopped after the X-ray because Mako knew everything he needed needed to catch him. He had a college ring on, so he knew how to open the conversation. his shoulder and elbow show signs of cartridge erosion from repetitive motions an athlete. He walks with a little limp favoring putting his weight to his right leg and left Knee shows definite signs that it suffered a sever MCL injury, he used to be a football player.

Smiling Mako put on his best and most friendly face and got a safe distance behind Kurt before making his move.

Walking a a pace faster then Kurt mako bumped into him on purpose as he turned to apologize he made eye contact."sorr... kurt is that you? "

"uhg wha?" kurt looked a little off balance.

"kurt Viegel right?" he asked putting his hand out to brush of Kurts shoulder

"yeah, who are you?" he seemed utterly confused

"its me Kyle, i was on the Drum line." he finished brushing the shoulder off and pushed it playfully. "we went to State together."

he warmed up a little "im sorry i just dont really recall you"

"awe well thats ok, i sure remember you. Best QB we had until that knee of yours got.. " he made a cutting motion under his neck as he squelched his tongue

kurt smiled "oh stop, i wasnt that good, and please lets not talk about my knee."

Placing his hand on Kurt shoulder leading him to walk a little. "man its been forever how about i buy you a late dinner and we catch up a little?" he started to lead him to the ally he came out of "i know this nice little mom and pop a few blocks from here, if we cut through this alley we will be there in 5 minutes tops."

"you know what i have a pretty crap day i think i would like that." Kurt started to lead down the alley

Mako took a quick look around, no witnesses except for a lone camera which he smiled at."you know if not for that bum knee im sure you could have gone pro." he brought his arm up behind Kurt his palm opened up in the center and a small prong pushed out of it. with a quick strike Mako slapped the prong down hard on the back of Kurt's neck and the sound of electricity sent a small KRACK into the Air, Kurt fell onto himself in a heap.

Mako sucked his tongue on his right canine again and grabbed the limp kurt by his ankle dragging him further down the Alley into the darkness, whistling his merry tune. for such a scrawny looking guy Mako sure seemed pretty strong.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#23 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Sigmund now was on a roof close to taeshi headquarters. he held his binoculars to his face and looked at the many possible entrances, he had a notepad on him and was writing down notes of rotation of guards, how many guards, entrance locations, security protocol boards, and much more. he looked back on the roof to see the overwatch switch persona, quickly he jot down the time and how long from the last. he switched to x-ray looking into the inner system. unable to scan from the distance he was at he visually wrote down on another page. then he saw the air ducts. he put that with his entrance/exit list. "that's number 25 on the list....and that's a lot of security, I feel bad wanting to do this, yet I feel like doing it anyway as a challenge." soon he caught his eye on Anthony. "who the [censored] is that? I feel bad for him." Sigmund thought to himself mouthing the words. Then he had an idea. "what would happen if I shot an explosive arrow?, no evidence left on the explosion and it would see reaction time" Sigmund thought notching an arrow with a large end. He drew back the string and then let it fly off into the distance in its grand ark. soon after Sigmund switched positions and watched from else were with his camo suit online.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#24 Post by y7h65 »

Sabreur
Sabreur glanced up from the small mountain of glasses that were forming in front of her, taking note of the features of the girl before her. Blond hair, amber eyes, and under the name of Aisling? CONTAC check put her as Aisling O'Niall, some freelance reporter or another. Internal Hyun records put her down as having a Lycoris class cybernetic arm. Taking a hold of the hand, Sabreur smiled; or at least she tried to. It most likely came out more like a grimace, knowing how her previous attempts at smiling purposefully had turned out. Motioning for a member of the wait staff to come by, Sabreur let her expression slip into it's default dispassionate glare before speaking.

"Now, Ms. O'Niall, before we discuss anything, allow me to mention that my position has me dealing with certain issues which must not be spoken of in polite company. I take it you understand that if I decline to comment on any subject, it would be preferable and wise to heed my instructions and change subjects."

Pausing for a moment, Sabreur smiled at Aisling; the expression would be as fitting on a shark as it was right now. For a second, Sabreur seemed to exude an almost inhuman feeling of wrongness. There was just something off that couldn't be pinned down; then it was gone, the scene before Aisling just a blonde woman smiling a smile that showed too much teeth.

"Well Ms. O'Niall,"Picking up her drink, Sabreur let a small moment of bemusement flicker on the forefront of her mind as she considered the girl before her. What if the person before her wasn't an enemy or busybody, just somebody that saw a random person and wanted to know them better? It was always possible that people were just trying to be friendly. Sabreur banished the thought almost as quickly as it appeared. There had never been a situation where someone would seek her out without a reason, especially a reporter. Placing the now empty shot glass at the top of the mountain, Sabreur diverted her full attention to the girl and continued to speak. " Now that you are aware of the formalities that I request of you, I must ask: Why would a reporter such as yourself seek to speak with one such as myself?"

Alisa
Command Room

It can be said that there is a time and place for everything. It is also said that all actions have a consequence. Unfortunately for Anthony, Sigmund's explosive arrow was not going to put him into a better situation thanks to the high tension. Sigmund himself was about to step on a taipan without being aware of it. The primary actor in this entire scneario is the explosive arrow.

Fired randomly in between a set of high rises, the wind and turbulence was strong enough to throw any arrow off target. In this case Lady Luck, or perhaps it was t he Devil himself, guided the arrow true. Buffeted by the air around it, the arrow's course was significantly altered. It fell downwards quickly and began to accelerate slightly. Building speed fast enough to anchor itself into metal, the arrow slammed right into the back of one of the rappelling ASP operatives on the outside of the building, embedding itself in a small notch in between the collar and helmet of the armour set. The operative barely had time to realize what happened when the explosive detonated, the explosion annihilating the head and neck of the operative and leaving the body dangling on the line. This death set off the dominoes that soon found them collapsing towards Anthony.

On the inside, the instant the detonation occurred, several things happened. First, the control center. Before the dust of the explosion could settle properly, Alisa slammed the red lockdown button. Heavy metal shutters slammed over the windows and entrances as the other rappelling troops entered the same room as Anthony mere seconds before the shutters slammed shut. Meanwhile, Raz opened a line to CONTAC.

"CONTAC, this is Lieutenant Raz of ASP SWAT, 1st company, 3rd squad, at Taeshi HQ. We have an officer down, killed by unknown explosive device. Were there any odd objects launched toward the west wall? If so, could you bring us up an image and all videos?"

It took Alex 0.4 nanoseconds to receive the message, process the request, and partition a section of his personality to search the security network. "Lieutenant Raz: confirmed Level 2 Security Clearance - Searching network." Alex scanned the city, picking out the network closest to the call, then did a sensors sweep of the building to find the most recent abnormal activity. "Abnormal activity located at four security cameras near the west wall. Sending feeds." Alex then sent security feeds of the past 10 minutes to Raz.

Scanning through the images and videos, Jacob paused and furrowed his brow as he managed to get a close up of the item. Pulling the video feed from the central squad net, Alisa scanned through the video until she reached the point that Jacob had paused at. Looking at the item on the screen, she couldn't help but tilt her head slightly to the side as she pursed her lips slightly.

"Is... is that an.."

Resting the faceplate of his helmet in his hands, Jacob sighed loudly before cutting Alisa off.

"It's a [censored] explosive arrow. Yeah, that's what it is."

Muttering curses under his breath, Jacob reopened the CONTAC line.

"CONTAC we have highlighted and identified the object that we believe to have been the explosive. Sending relevant information now. If possible, we require a triangulation to the most likely location from which it could have been launched, compensating for wind speed and direction."

This one was trickier. Alex redirected his partition to calculate the trajectory of the missile in 3D space, taking a full second to do so. "The area is rough, but the projectile may have come from a large area directly west of you." He sent over a map with a highlighted area covering many buildings.

Muttering a large multitude of curses, Jacob tapped into the squad net while relaying the highlighted buildings toward all squad members. As he spoke, he brought up a keyboard and began filling out various request forms and deployment commands.

"Squad Four, redeploy yourself to cover the buildings highlighted. I'm calling HQ in for 4th and 5th company to be deployed into our district from their current standby locations. If you see anyone suspicious on the buildings marked, shoot to kill."

Turning to face Alisa, Jacob managed to catch her as she pulled a PDW off the wall. Pausing as he spotted her, the two of them engaged in a small staring contest. For a second, silence filled the room before Jacob sighed and rested his head in his hands.

"Going to catch the guy yourself?"

"Yep. Bill had a family and I plan to put a few in this guy to help even the score a bit."

Thinking of it for a second, Jacob sighed and waved her away. "I'll cover for you. Just make sure you get back before the shift's over, alright?"

By the time he looked up, Alisa was gone. He laughed softly to himself, partially out of amusement, partially out of pity for the poor guy who Alisa was out for. She did have a relatively good rate at catching or killing the criminals she went after alone. How she did it, nobody knew exactly. He guessed it was one of her various talents that she had from growing up in one of the few rural forest areas in the world. Focusing his mind on the task before him, Jacob started filling the forms for break period and falsifying a few of the log times. Standard procedure among the company to fake some more or less hours logged in and nobody really questioned it. Looking back to the screens, he watched the screen with the previous hit-man on it, wondering what was going to happen to the poor fellow.

Executive's Office
An explosion rocked the side of the building. That was the only warning Anthony got before a group of three men smashed through the window, firing a set of bursts that weakened the panes enough for them to blow through. Rolling into a crouching position, their rifles propped up with fingers in the trigger guard ready to shoot. Behind them heavy metal shutters slammed shut with a loud KLANG. From behind Anthony, eight men filed in with fingers in the trigger well and with all sights aimed at Anthony's back. One of them stepped forward, gun in hand and shouted out.

"WHO'S YOUR PARTNER?!"

(OOC: Mud, you might want to build a convo with me via PM.)
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#25 Post by Stryder221 »

The smell of nuked phone remained, but was less noticeable after clearing out the molten pile of plastic and electronics.
Afterward, the assassin, yet again, found himself climbing the stairs.

A quick change of wardrobe later, and the cat found himself wearing a dark grey sport jacket with white undershirt, blue pants, and black shoes. More importantly, gloves, and, while he wasn't wearing it right this moment, a mask. Those two pieces were important, for reasons that you can surely guess.
Change of outfit complete, it was time for some weapons.

A hidden button pushed once more, Tristam found himself admiring his stash of weapons. He took the sawn off shotgun, and two pistols. Pistols both being equipped with silencers.
Those were just in case trouble came up, though, and as the painting returned to normal, Thonir marched over to another one, this one consisting of an attractive female white cat, which he pulled right off the wall.
Behind this one, was a small keypad. Wasting no time, Tristam punched in a seven digit code.

A click was heard, and a section of the wall slid open, revealing larger, more intimidating weapons, among them being a pump shotgun and several sniper rifles, a smaller rifle being what the assassin grabbed.

It was then that he came across a flaw in his rather basic plan.
"How am I going to hide all this [censored]?"
And so, he was forced to return the sawn-off and one of his pistols. He hid the two remaining firearms under his jacket. But even then, he felt overly conspicuous carrying them. Fortunately, he didn't intend for anybody important to get even one look at him.

All the gunman needed to worry about now was transportation, since he didn't exactly have a vehicle to call his own quite yet.
Public transport simply wouldn't work, too risky. He'd have to call a cab, and hope no questions were asked, Or the driver took bribes.
As he activated CONTAC and called for a taxi, he began to think on just how wrong everything could go before he even found Tolaire.

Worst case scenario, he'd be alone against god knows how many gunmen and/or cops. And dead. Being dead was definitely a worst case scenario.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#26 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Sigmund watched carfully at the explosion then frowned, now seeing the explosion off his designated course he finished his last note, left a small mask where he was and left with his camo still activated. he was to drop into an alley but soon saw the helicopters and squads inbound. He tapped a pad on his wrist activating a buffer in his clothing hoping to eliminate being seen on radar and few scanners. he hopped to the next building and ran across the phone line to another, he knew they may follow almost any detail but right now he focused on getting to his cut off point where he hid in times like this. he pulled out a paper map and saw the point. "2miles this way of travel, id have to hotwire a vehicle to make it, then get inside and into the tunnel maze. then im home free." Sigmund thought before realizing his camo was running out of charge. "DAMN IT! what do.....id need an area of voltage...telephone line would give me away, id need a circuit board" after finishing the thought he looked around quickly as his camo begane to fade offline. once off he heard yelling, he turned to see one man pointing at him. "AW dang it time to run!" he thought

Behind him the others followed the mans call. "TARGET SPOTTED CANT IDENTIFY! HES TOO FAR OFF, CONTAC THE PERP IS ON THE ROOFS HEADING AWAY FROM THE MAIN BUILDING!" and with that the men started moving

Sigmund looked on his wrist and found a garage close by that headed underground. "only choice now!"

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#27 Post by Ketzal »

((Alright, here's my attempt at a first post. Sorry for being so late!))

Isaak's eyes roamed over the corpse that lay before him on the metal table. Not taking his eyes off of it, he hit a button on his wrist, activating his robotic arm and starting a voice recording.

"Middle-aged woman, 40s to 50s. Heavy-set body, brunette." He reached his organic hand out and lifted the lid of the one good eye still on the body. "Brown eye color. Death due to severe trauma to the head. Source of trauma, remote detonation of a cell phone." he lowered his wrist and took another minute to study the cause of death.

From the way it looked, anyone could've thought that the woman had her head clubbed in. But the plastic and metal shrapnel lodged into her skin around the open wound told a much different story. He leaned in and and examined the real death blow, the hole that broke her cranium and practically liquefied her brain. In truth, the wound didn't tell him anything. It should've sickened him if anything, but his training had shown him enough to turn him numb to the shock factor. Looking at the wound was more a method of focus for this case. A public relations representative wasn't exactly a top-level security case, but Jeffrey was still assigned to it nonetheless, and he would do his part...

...like a good soldier...

He straightened and hit a button near his elbow on his right arm, activating the console display within it. "Access personnel file for case H-345. Jeffrey Heydes, Internal Security." He had looked at the file already at the debriefing, but Jeffrey wanted it down again for his voice recording. While it was true that he could simply look up this information through the console itself, he somehow found it easier to review evidence this way.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#28 Post by Stryder221 »

It seemed that lady luck sort of smiled upon Tristam. Either that, or she was wearing a poker face. While awkward questions were indeed asked, a quick and shameless bribe solved the problem.
"There's about a thousand things you forget in a day. Will this ensure this is one of them?" He'd said, ripping off a quote he'd heard, and forking over one grand on the spot.
The cab was high quality, one of the flying variety, and fast as well. But expensive, or at least in his case, as he'd paid extra just to hurry the driver up, turning the trip into one that costed 2,000$, bribe included.

He was half-tempted to just shoot the [censored] and jack the cab, but... He couldn't fly. Drive, maybe, but not fly.
The mercenary was dropped off on the building rooftops, a few blocks away from his destination. (After yet ANOTHER "donation", of 500$ for landing above ground. The [censored]-eating grin on the driver's face almost ensured lead in payment, instead.)
"Enjoy it while you can, [censored]!"
Cursed the mercenary as his driver flew off with two and a half grand, he then began the trek towards the Drowned Bug, leaping from rooftop to rooftop like some insane [censored] with a death-wish.

As he did so, he kept imagining what he'd look like splattered on the pavement.
This cat knew that simply landing on his feet wouldn't help him from this height.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#29 Post by Lief »

Aisling frowned, the woman had looked her up on CONTAC. Not unexpected, but frustrating nonetheless.

"It's a shame everyone is so reliant on CONTAC these days, can't even have a friendly chat with a stranger without looking them up." She shrugged, ordering a Tom Collins when the waitress appeared.

"If you must know, I'm off-the-clock. I came here to get a drink, and saw someone who looked kinda lonely," She gestured towards the pile of shot glasses. "Thought I'd give them some company. But then I find they already know who I am and what I do, and I'm left without even their name," Ash extended her hand across the table again with a neutral expression. "Now then, Miss...?"

isstmich
Grand Templar

#30 Post by isstmich »

Sebastien

Sebastien took a deep breath before he opened the door to the apartment, the moment he walked in the woman in the chair looked up hope springing to life as it died when she saw the face of the man who put her in this predicament. she started to cry and scream in disbleife "you gave your word someone would save me why did you come back!" she began to sob uncontrollably.

Sebastien waved his hands down shushing her "calm down, calm down, im not the man that hurt you..... im his older twin brother." the woman continued to cry but she looked up at him it was true the man before had a robotic arm on the other side. "now, im a doctor a REAL doctor im going to help you but i need you to do a few things for me please." he began to untie her and help her out of the chair. "i need you to not tell anyone about this, no the police, the hospital, anyone you know. i dont need pictures of my face all over the city saying im some psychopathic freak. i would lose my job and then Mako would have no one to stop him or help people like you that he gets his hands on. if you want i can give you money to pay for your silence but i need to know your not going to tell anyone about this."

"he said you would kill me if i told anyone." she cried

"i have 20,000 dollars cash on me. i can give you that if you promise to never tell anyone about Mako i cant have the police looking for him and finding me." she nodded and Sebastien smiled "let me fix you up then"

Mako

The groggy feeling Kurt was experiencing was he came too was something similar to a hang over from hell, but a near 10,000 volts to the base of the spine might do that to you. the feeling however soon passed as he realized he wasnt able to move his arms and legs. Tugging on his limbs to try to get them to move his vision slowly became more defined and he saw the man he met earlier leaning against a wall picking a fine metal object into his teeth. "waaah WHERE AM I!? HELP HELP HEEEEELP" he started to scream and Mako smiled, banging on the walls screaming back at him.

"it wont come. it never comes until i tell it to.he walked over and Jabed kurt in the shoulder with the metal object it wasnt pointed like a needle but instead had a little metal ball at the tip. with a sharp screech it zapped him. Kurt flinched in the chair and pulled at his bindings more."and it only comes after ive had my fun"

"YOU [censored]!" If his hands werent bound he would be rubbing where he was just shocked."WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!"

"straight to the point" he jabbed kurt in the chest administering another shock. "i like that but i also hate it. if you give me what i want to know, then it makes torturing it out of you less fun. if i have what i want the mindless torture to hear your screams are less weighted as you struggle to hold your secret in." this time Mako tapped the ball on Kurts knee and shocked him. "i want information." he swung the rod over and tagged his other knee." about Matthew Tolaire, your friends?" he swung it low and zapped his inner thigh." RIGHT" he snarled viciously.

"i dont know anyone by that name!" Kurt protested he wasnt crying but the shocks were making his eyes water." please i really dont know"

"see i KNOW thats a lie" he tapped the wand with his own finger pulling it to bend a little the let it go with a pang. "you know someone cool, theres a nerve in your ankle, that...." Mako knelt down and poked Kurt in his Ankle and the shock caused him to lose control of his bladder "makes you piss yourself." he cackled at the man. "so Matthew Tolaire"

Kurt looked like to have a massive blow to the ego at having wet himself. "i...... DONT KNOW HIM."

Mako seemed to get very agitated, the wand retracted back into his arm only to resurface immediately the dull bead replaced by a wickedly sharp and long needle. "i know your not telling the truth" he said as it poked his finger on the needle point drawing blood. "i know this because i was paid to get you to find him, so..." he tensed his shoulder and rolled them and his head "you dont tell me i torture you until you tell me, you tell me now..... i torture you significantly less." that revelation seemed to crush Kurt the most. no matter what he said he was going to be tortured.

his head hung low he resigned to his defeat. "what do you want to know about him."

"i just need to be able to find him." he said