Displaced (IC) - Let the chaos ensue

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: avwolf

Grand Templar

Re: Displaced (IC) - Let the chaos ensue

#16 Post by anonfox123 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:23 pm

The temperature rose, and my brain started to whirl with activity. The adrenaline still left stewing in my head thanks to the cryo wrenched my tired eyes open, and the cybernetics interface snapped back to full speed, focusing my artificial eyes. I mumbled in surprise as I saw what was in front of my pod, my brain not ready to form words yet.

A vine, of all things, had grown across the front and keeping it from opening. How [censored] long was I in here? I blinked into AR mode, bringing up a diagnostic screen for my cybernetic arm. 100% power, thank goodness. Swapping screens with a flick of my thoughts, I dialed back the pain transmitters to about a quarter of normal. No way was I getting trapped right out of the gate. Rearing back, I struck out as hard as I could, feeling only a dull thump through the muted pain output. I'm not sure if it was the punch itself, seeing as my cybernetic arm was no stronger than a normal one, but perhaps it gave the straining pod motors a needed push, shoving the vine out of the way and letting me tumble to the floor.

I heard voices from behind the next row of pods, some broken and overrun with plant life, their occupants long gone, others still humming and frosted over.

“Pack shar mikkel.” A soft tapping. “Lucretia. Lucretia Sam-an-tha Mayes. Miu Beowulf. You?” Another voice. "Hey I think she wants to know your name doc."

I slowly, quietly got my gear from the nearby locker, hoping that any noise was covered by the tense conversation.

"I'm Monica Meekan. Doctor Meekan I would prefer however..." A pause. "What year is it? How long have we been out? Do...do you even know what this place is...or at least was..."

Turning back to the voices, several ID tags were showing up on my eyes' AR display, positions marked even through the wall of cryopods. One "Ravine Sturmovich" and "Dr. Monica Meekan" were closest to the exit, others clustered behind them.

One of the first voices spoke up. "Lucretia? My name is Ravine, do you understand me? Do you speak other langueges?"

Wait, something wasn't right. There was no "Lucretia" among the nametags projected in my mind's eye. The details were fuzzy from cryo, but they'd even been ID-tagging civilians in the middle of... whatever it was. Was it over? Were there actually tagless civilians now?

Sliding my folding survival axe into a holster and slinging my DMR across my back along with my bag, I got a grip on some vines, and climbed up one of the pods, poking my head up to see a gaggle of strangers staring at a wolf. A fully anthropomorphic wolf, clad in medieval-looking armor. Ok, seriously. How. [censored]. Long. Was. I. Out.
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

Weaver of Tales

#17 Post by tony1695 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:31 pm

Thomas brushed himself off and stared at the strange wolf-woman in ancient-style armour. "What the [censored] is goin' on?" he asked loudly. He heard the doctor introduce herself, but that really didn't seem all that important compared to what was happening around them. As he looked around, he realised that the case with all his stuff was next to his pod. After taking a moment to pull away the roots that was stopping it from opening, he wrenched the lid off and pulled out his sheathed Bowie knife. "Aww, you beaut," he whispered, holding it up.

(I fully expect this to be translated as a violent move)
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Delta-17

#18 Post by Fawkes » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:25 am

Lawrence was surprised by the appearance of the anthro-wolf huntress chasing down her prey into the cryoroom and killing it with her hands and sword. While the wolf hadn't made any threatening or aggressive, he was still wary of her and kept a cautious hand on his revolver. He watched she placed her weapon on her hip and then began to introduce herself and asked the doctor a question. While the doctor and the young man with fox ears and tail spoke with Lucretia, a man with a heavy accent was causing a bit of ruckus looking for his gear and proudly displaying a large Bowie knife.

"Hey buddy, you with accent. If you want the answers to your questions, then you might want to keep your mouth and knife in check. Lucretia here is the only with the answers we need and it's best to keep on her good side." Lawrence calmly warned the man with the thick australian accent.
"Why worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it better." - Walt Disney

"Because when I retire, I want a television the size of a billboard." - Felix (RvB)

"Crikey?" - Rookie Imposter

Traveler

#19 Post by MecaReaper » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:37 pm

I see

Takes a small sigh of relief, then takes her hand of back blade showing she means no threat. Moves her hand to the left blade on her chest and unsheathed it, flips it to where she is holding the blade instead of the handle. Walks up to Lucretia calm as can be, presents her blade as a present of good friendship.

My name is Janet nice to meet you. Here take this blade to show my friendship

The Coffee Wolf

#20 Post by Gabriel of creosha » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:25 pm

Lucretia was slightly overwhelmed at this point. The doctor was asking questions she somewhat understood, another hiss had sounded and perhaps another pack member arrived. She was then asked if she spoke other languages, to which she responded quickly. "Yes. <My mother tongue is one you may not understand, but I speak it with a great affinity.>" Realizing she had spoken her own language, she sighed, and gave a quick recap of her furiously quick statement. "I, speak... wolf. And some... no-fur. Year? Year is... I not know. Ask spark god alter."

She watched as the half-dingo spoke loudly and pulled his knife, Lucretia gripping her own blade. She considered taking it as a challenge for the title of male alpha, but quickly calmed when one of the ones that had not said her name presented her blade to Lucretia. The one warrior who had given Lucretia worry then introduced herself as Janet, and Lucretia smiled. She took the modern blade in her hands and felt it's weight. "This small. Very sharp. Warrior's weapon be their own." She gave it back, but her tail was swaying now, Lucretia very calm and happy. "I can show you alter of fire and zap god."
Grace wrote: ARM IS FINE. KALASHNIKOV DESIGNED ARM TO BE PERFECT. ARM IS FINE. PROBLEM IS NOT WITH ARM. PROBLEM IS WITH STUPID CAPITALIST USING ARM.

Grand Templar

#21 Post by anonfox123 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:49 pm

I frowned as the wolf woman replied to the queries with both broken english and some language ('wolf' apparently) I couldn't even begin to describe. But the answers, and the way she answered, raised even more questions. Even if a group of GMO's had been made and allowed to develop into their own people, surely she'd have a better grasp of the world beyond "Spark gods" or whatever.

Oh well, if her wagging tail was anything to go by, the offer of Janet's blade had been enough to defuse the situation with the headstrong Australian. And if something was sparking, that meant there was still power somewhere in here, another good sign.

Shifting my feet to get a better view of the situation, I leaned over the top of the pod array...

"Waugh! Sonofa..."

Only to have this damn heavy backpack overbalance me and send me tumbling down towards the crowd, bowling over Lawrence along the way.

"Eh, hey guys... Who's our new friend?"

New Citizen

#22 Post by Hotep the psychic » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:12 pm

Ravine looked over at tam and seeing the eyes, he felt though he knew him somewhere. "hm! uh wait a minute I know you from somewhere. but where?" ravine said looking closer at tams eyes. then he lost it and dismissed it. he looked back at lucretia trying to put the language she spoke together from languages he already knew. "hmmm Russian?, no its not complex...Italian? no not much of an accent.." ravine thought, he thought hard from the languages he knew to uncrack this new language. "lucretia? where are we?" ravine asked
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

Delta-17

#23 Post by Fawkes » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:58 am

As Lawrence was continued watching people speak with Lucretia and she with them, he was knocked to the ground by something from behind him. It turned out to be a young man with a cybernetic arm that looked as if he just came out of a cryopod. Not a big deal, probably still had some trouble with controlling his body and the heavy looking backpack probably played some part in the fall as well.

As Lawrence got himself back on his feet he said, " That would be Lucretia, I assume some sort of local huntress. Still finding out more about her but it's going pretty slow, there's a language barrier between us and her." He then bent over and helped haul the young man back on his feet and introduced himself. "I'm Officer Lawrence Reed, helicopter pilot for the Drywells police department."
"Why worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it better." - Walt Disney

"Because when I retire, I want a television the size of a billboard." - Felix (RvB)

"Crikey?" - Rookie Imposter

Grand Templar
Location: Doing donuts in the dunkin donuts parking lot, Also Florida Institute of technology in Melbourne.

#24 Post by MUDPUNISHER » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:34 am

I tried to follow lucretia's trail, the blood making things easy, and waited to catch her as she came out. However Outside the door I got bored quickly. Standing up I grabbed my hammer I put it atop my shoulder and walked in through the ruins. Looking at all the things on the wall I continued down the ruins following the blood drips on the floor until I came in with a hammer and stag slung over my shoulder, <Lucretia I got another dee- uhhh... Who are they and why are they here?> Right, time to try some no-fur... Gods am I bad at that, uhh, I no like you speak, but me try, me Shane. You meet Lucretia yes? Leaning on the wall I silently studied the newcome no furs, hammer in my hands, studying how they moved, the easy ways to fight them, just in case.
Götterdämmerung
May contain Michael Baynium
Ocean engineering, its a helluva lot less math then I'm being taught
thanks for the avatar wolfgirl!

Stick Animator

#25 Post by bond84 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:13 am

Monica merely blinked at her.

Fire god...zap god? What's going on here

She thought with a tinge of worry showing on her face before noticing she was once again making notes aloud. She coughed somewhat embarresed and mumbled out

"Yea if you don't mind, I'd...I'd love to see what you are talking about...

Her voice aloof over thoughts in ideas, so lost in her thought she didn't even notice the other events around her. Most notably the other full anthro coming into sight. Instead she went back to rummaging through the area's for the computers, tapping on uselessly broken keyboard and even slamming one of them with a sigh of frustration.

"If I could just get you working I could see what happened!"

She exclaimed, frowning once again at the useless and decrepit hardware.

(So Gabe, what be your plan here? Cause you got me lost at the zap and fire god.)
Would love to have a sig but I don't have anything sig worthy to be honest...

New Citizen

#26 Post by Hotep the psychic » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:16 am

ravine still thought hard untill he heard and saw the other anthro walk in with a large hammer. all ravine could do was whistle at its size. "now thats a hammer....was that german i heard" ravine thought.
he stopped thinking on languages for a bit and rubbed his temples. ravines mind whirred with langueges, time, place and what happened while they were asleep. unknowing what to do, he sat down unstrapped his bag and pulled out a small book to write something in it before putting it back.
it was then he realized something. he moved to a more covered computer and ripped vines off of it. he looked at the sceeen, cracked, and then opened the door under it and looked at the circutry. next he was working on the circutry and power conduits, a few sparks, some burns, and a yell in a mixture of russian and latin he succeeded and the computer began to hum. he sat up rubbing his wrist and fingers where burns and blacks spots showed."hey doctor try this computer now it should have some power now, and pull up a file with a date after you were put into cryo. a date you remember" ravine said leaning back under the computer to watch the cables and power feed it had
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

Weaver of Tales

#27 Post by tony1695 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:02 am

Thomas raised an eyebrow at the man who told him to put down his knife. "Fair call," he responded. He carefully strapped the blade to his hip, making sure the scabbard wouldn't fall off. As he dug around for the rest of his gear, he looked around the room at the others. Most of them had at least a set of ears or a tail, and then there was the one wolf-woman who looked completely out of place.

"So, you got any idea what the [censored] is going on?"

((hotep, use some damned punctuation and grammar. This forum may be pretty relaxed, but we do love things to be easy to read and understand.))
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Grand Templar

#28 Post by anonfox123 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Letting myself get helped to me feet after that embarrassing tumble, I was glad that Lawrence didn't hold it against me.
"I'm Officer Lawrence Reed, helicopter pilot for the Drywells police department." He remarked, introducing himself.

"I see... I'm James Tam, worked in virology for a biotech company. Rioters paranoid about my work and no safe LZ had me on the run through half the city before I could get in a chopper. Had to fight too, at times." I said, pointing at my rifle. "Probably didn't have time for introductions in the chaos before getting in cryo, but your name sounds familiar." I tapped next to my cyber-eyes. "Maybe my AR dispay picked up your ID-tag when I got on your evac chopper. Same for foxy-boy over here maybe." I finished, gesturing towards Ravine, who for some reason was letting off an impressed whistle.

Oh lordy, don't tell me he was ogling that wolf-woman... And then I saw the even larger male walk in, a huge hammer over his shoulder as though it was nothing. So, he played on that side of the fence, did he? Well, not my place to hold it against him, and it did help that the newcomer was quite handsome despite (or because of?) his animal features. In the privacy of my own head I let my thoughts wander. if there was still alcohol out there... Nah, you're good, but not THAT good. Not for both of them at any rate.

As Ravine went off to fiddle with what was left of the consoles, that Australian started running his mouth again. "So, you got any idea what the [censored] is going on?"

"No, we don't have any idea. Not until the good doctor has a look into those files. And even then we proably won't get an answer as to why full anthros are running around in Renaissance Fair getups and speaking a language we've never heard before." I threw my hands up in exasperation. "Only thing that comes to mind is that they're GMO's designed to 'staff' some historical recreation or an immersion fantasy themepark. And even then, why build it around a cryo chamber?"

I took out my DMR and began checking it over. Damn, no spare clips in my bag. Looks like I'd have to make these 12 bullets count, at least until I could resupply. "No matter the theory, it just doesn't add up." I finished, leaning back to wait for the Doc's input.

New Citizen

#29 Post by Hotep the psychic » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:28 pm

"what else doesnt add up is what time and year it is. you can look at my extra mauser clips, they are rotted through with vines through them....it would take around 2 years for the clips to rust and a few months for the vines to break the rust and bust into the clip itself........what i want to know now though is if this computer has a log of the cyro pods or can show me if any long term projects were going on while we slept." ravine explained. In between sentences he fiddled with the wires and soon stopped to stand up and watch the computer screen.
(OOC:D :sythe: ue to my internet here on this naval base my posts have been made by phone. there fore if a post has any grammer problems give me some time to either redo the post, or time to look back and see what is wrong, thank you)

Grand Templar

#30 Post by xamali » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:08 am

I finally felt more sure of my footing, and my head was clearer.
"Hm, it seems no one has any idea of what is going on either." I thought to myself while listening the other's conversations. I was about to move, when another full anthro
came in, carrying a huge hammer, and stopping by the one who identified herself as Lucretia, to whom the doc was trying to talk to.

I stood where I was, trying to think of some way to approach seeming friendly and harmless. "Oh well, I'm sure they won't think I'm of any harm. Not with that big guy with the huge [censored] hammer around."
With that thought I started walking towards the two Anthros, swaying my fluffy tail behind me.
"Hey there. Mr. Shane, my name is Ryan. Could you tell us what language you and the miss are speaking, and why you barely speak english?". I said slowly, to make sure they would understand me.
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation